Dr. Joseph Lynch, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow SurgeryMaleAge 47

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

Dr. Joseph Lynch, MD is a Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery Specialist in Boise, ID and has over 20 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Lynch has extensive experience in Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery. He graduated from Oregon Health Sciences University in 2002. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Nampa and Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Joseph Lynch, MD

Shoulder Clinic Of Idaho

8854 W Emerald St Ste 102 Boise, ID 83704

Compare with other Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Lynch with our nearby Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery Specialists at West Valley Medical Center.

Make an appointment at West Valley Medical Center today at (208) 715-8519.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of West Valley Medical Center.

Dr. Lynch's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lynch

Dr. Lynch

Great Service and a "Down to Earth" doctor.
I had a total shoulder replacement on March 15, 2022. The reason was advanced arthritis. Dr. Lynch and his team not only did the surgery right, but kept me up to date on the procedure and the "after care" required to have a successful recovery. I would recommend them as well as "I Can PT" for your post surgery physical therapy .... which is essential for a full recovery.
Bob Bartholomew – Jul 28, 2022
Day 6 with very little pain
I highly recommend Dr. Lynch and his team. His PA Michael and RN Caitlyn were thorough and knowledgeable and helped me feel at ease. Dr. Lynch was very personable and performed a “perfect” rotator cuff surgery. Those were his words after surgery in post-op. I’m at day 6 and I have not needed pain meds. So, I believe it did go perfect. I’ll be back to work in 5 more days.
Neil – Jul 21, 2022
Shoulder surgery
I went to see Dr. Lynch after experiencing shoulder pain for a number of years. Dr. Lynch recommended surgery after thoroughly explaining everything to me. He repaired my rotator cuff, bicep tendon and supraspinatus. The night before surgery I received a call from Dr. Lynch making sure I was comfortable about the surgery. After the surgery Dr. Lynch came and talked to me about the surgery. Two days after surgery he also called to check on me even though he was taking his family on vacation. The results of my surgery were very good and I am totally happy. The entire staff in Dr. Lynch’s office are great and Michael (PA) and Caitlyn (RN) are wonderful!
Art Andrews – Jun 21, 2022
Extremely happy
I am fully recovered from having all of the ligaments reconstructed in my shoulder. I give my shoulder a 10/10 after surgery and recovery. I have no pain and full mobility!! I am extremely satisfied with my outcome. Thank you Dr. Lynch and Mike P.A. And all the office staff.
Mandy W – Jun 07, 2022
Best Shoulder Man in the Treasure Valley
Dr. Lynch is extremely patient and explains every step in detail. He checks in with you before and after surgery to make sure all your questions are answered and you are recovering. Dr. Lynch has the best sugical outcomes of all the providers I work with, which is why when I need surgery he was who I wanted to treat with.
slp – May 06, 2022
Rotator cuff surgery
Michael Sharp – Apr 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Lynch, MD?
I’m not given to hyperbole however Dr. Joseph Lynch is an exception. He has assembled an orthopedic practice with a administrative and clinical staff who share his commitment to excellence. Before retiring I worked directly with orthopedic and trauma surgeons. Dr. Lynch is a rare combination of surgeon and communicator who engages with his patients professionally yet demonstrates empathy. I’m approaching pain free status at seven weeks post op since undergoing a shoulder arthroplasty with Dr. Lynch. Without reservation, I recommend Dr. Lynch, you will not find a finer doctor or surgeon.
Apr 20, 2022
Dr. Lynch and his Team are Great
The pre-op visit was very warm and professional. I left feeling that I was with the right surgeon and staff. Post-op left me knowing I was with a fantastic Surgeon (Dr Lynch) and Staff (RN Caitlyn and PA Mike). I left feeling very confident that I came to the right surgeon team. Six weeks out and I can't believe how well my shoulder and tendons are progressing. Thanks Dr. Lynch-and Mike and Caitlyn).
GLENN HIGBY – Apr 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Lynch, MD?
Dr Lynch is a wonderful doctor I would recommend him very highly to anyone who has problems with their shoulder. He is very kind and his nurse is awesome! I would trust him to do surgery on my shoulder, he is great.
Lana k Jackson – Mar 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Lynch, MD?
Dr.Lynch performed surgery on my right shoulder in 2019. Recovery was superior. I returned to him in March 2022 to have my left shoulder done. To me he and his staff are the best. I would highly recommend Dr.Lynch to anyone needing shoulder surgery.
Jerry McConnell – Mar 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Lynch, MD?
I would have been satisfied with the fact that Dr. Joe Lynch is an amazingly gifted surgeon; he most certainly is, however, his humble and approachable nature put him in a class that is very rare in the age we live. I am a 70 year old man that had led a fairly active life up until my shoulder injury that left me with a torn bicep muscle and a couple separated shoulder tendons. When my insurance company was slow to grant my recommended surgery (which became more complicated as time passed and muscle atrophied with scar tissue) Dr. Lynch made it his mission to convince the insurance company that time and therapy would not bring about a satisfactory result. I am so thankful that Dr. Lynch persisted and performed an outstanding surgery to repair my damaged shoulder and muscle. Thanks again Dr. Lynch and Shoulder Clinic of Idaho.
Richard Baranco – Feb 24, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Lynch, MD?
Even if you don’t live in Boise, it’s worth the drive to see Dr. Lynch. He is knowledgeable, extremely experienced and the staff is terrific.
Kim – Feb 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Lynch, MD?
Dr. Lynch was literally the most professional doctor I have seen. He was very helpful in explaining issues related to my shoulder and was very professional in all my dealings with him. The night before my surgery, he went out of his way to call me to see if I had any last minute questions and to make sure I was all set for the next day's surgery. I would highly recommend him to others.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Feb 15, 2022
Ruptured pec repair
I highly recommend dr Lynch. He repaired my left pec muscle, which I had injured (ruptured from my upper humorous bone) 18 months before surgery. I saw 4 other surgeons before finding dr Lynch. All of them said I had waited too long for the repair, the longest any of them had done the surgery was 9 months post injury. Dr Lynch, however, has done this surgery up to 5 years after injury, and has done many of them while in practice as a military surgeon. He was fantastic, and cares about his patients. He called me before and after the surgery and was a great communicator. Highly recommend him.
Eric – Feb 09, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Lynch, MD?
I would and have recommend Dr. Lynch to my friends. He really cares about his patient. He called me the day before my operation, he called my husband after the operation to explained all about the operation. The day of the operation, that after noon he came to the hospital to check to see how I was feeling. The day after I came home I received a call from him to see how things were going and how I was feelin. When you go into his office he spends the time you need to talk about your needs. the office staff are all very friendly. My husband and I would recommend Dr. Lynch and his associates with flying colors.
Elizabeth Gay Netzley – Jan 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Lynch, MD?
Had surgery on my left shoulder to address inflammation caused by calcium and bursitis.
Gene – Jan 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Lynch, MD?
Dr. Lynch replaced my right shoulder on 12/23/2021. Before my surgery, Dr. Lynch and his excellent team answered all of my questions and helped me prepare for surgery. Caitlyn Grote, Dr. Lynch's nurse, was especially helpful and made me feel so comfortable. She eased my fears with her very high praise of Dr. Lynch, whom she said is the best doctor she has ever worked with. The surgery went perfectly and I am recovering more quickly than I expected. Dr. Lynch is a skilled surgeon AND he has a wonderful bedside manner. I am so glad I chose this team for my surgery.
Jean – Jan 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Lynch, MD?
Two flawless surgeries with sound recoveries. I have had rotator cuff and bicep repair surgeries with Dr. Lynch and his team. Dr. Lynch and Michael (Nieraeth) showed genuine concern for my immediate issues as well as my longterm strength and wellness. They were attentive and responsive throughout the process. They helped facilitate getting my MRIs and surgery as quickly as possible. The office staff and Dr. Lynch made phone calls to my insurance company to clarify and solve a couple issues that came up. Dr. Lynch talked with me the day before, as well as the day after my surgery, alleviating any concerns I had. They monitored my progress throughout my physical therapy to ensure I fully regained range-of-motion and strength in my shoulder and arm. I thought their support was amazing. I highly recommend Dr. Lynch and The Shoulder Clinic.
J Rose – Jan 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Lynch, MD?
Dr. Lynch has replaced both my left and right shoulders. He is compassionate, and a remarkable surgeon who strives for excellence. He takes time to explain surgery and then shows results from xrays. Dr. Lynch also explains limitations in movement with the reverse shoulder procedure and what type of therapy and exercises to do. I would recommend him highly to family and friends.
Dec 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Lynch, MD?
Dr Lynch is the most caring Doctor I have ever seen! He has done both my shoulders and would not change one thing! Thanks
Dan – Dec 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Lynch, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lynch?