Dr. Joseph Lonergan, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

Dr. Joseph Lonergan, MD
For more than 15 years I have been providing primary care to persons living with HIV in an academic medical environment.I earned my medical degree with honors at Dartmouth Medical School in my home state of New Hampshire in 1994. After completing my internal medicine residency at UC San Diego in 1997 I joined the UC San Diego Owen Clinic faculty.My goal is to provide my patients with the best and most comprehensive care possible. I enjoy getting to know my patients beyond their medical problems so that I can personalize and individualize their care. I am a strong patient advocate and use my experience and connections to help patients navigate the medical system. I also keep abreast of the latest medical advances and like to pass along these breakthroughs to my patients.Outside of medicine I enjoy spending time and traveling with my husband, reading fiction, learning Spanish, going to the theater and playing squash.

Dr. Lonergan's Experience

See how Dr. Lonergan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lonergan

Dr. Lonergan accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Lonergan is now accepting new patients
Medical Offices South4168 Front St
San Diego, CA 92103
(858) 657-7000Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Lonergan has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lonergan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lonergan to family and friends
based on 2 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Lonergan's Performance
in San Diego, CA |
Dr Lonergan shows genuine interest in me as a patient. He takes as long as needed to cover all aspects of my health. He is both extremely competent and compassionate. I would highly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Lonergan, MD?
Are you Dr. Lonergan?

Compare Dr. Lonergan

Dr. Lonergan says...

Dr. Lonergan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Lonergan has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lonergan's Board Certifications

Dr. Lonergan does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Lonergan and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Dartmouth College

Graduated in 1994

UCSD

Completed in 1995

UCSD

Completed in 1997

Dr. Lonergan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lonergan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Infectious Disease Medicine

Dr. Lonergan does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Lonergan and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.