Dr. Joseph S. Kim, MD

Dr. Joseph S. Kim, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Kim specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Midlothian, VA. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Kim? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Kim's Experience

See how Dr. Kim's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Kim has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Kim
Dr. Kim's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (66)
in Midlothian, VA |
Dr. Kim recommended pain management procedures before opting for surgery. When surgery was considered necessary, Dr. Kim knew exactly what he would do and explained it well and answered my questions knowledgeably. His office staff took care of all the scheduling and insurance matters and they were very responsive whenever I had questions. After surgery they were available again when I had questions or needed pain management. I highly recommend Dr. Kim for back surgery.
in Chester, VA |
Outstanding! Never had a long wait. Entire staff completely supportive and available. I trust Dr. Kim and Jessica Womack PA-C with my health, spinal surgery, and follow-up without question!
in Midlothian, VA |
Dr. Kim is great but having to wait over an hour past the scheduled appointment is unacceptable. When traveling, if my flight is going to be delayed, I receive a call/text from the airline informing me of the delay. Same should happen at a physician's office. Sometimes I don't think physicians find a patients time a valuable.
in Midlothian, VA |
Dr Kim is an excellent physician and highly skilled surgeon. Where Dr. Kim stands out, is that he really cares about his patients and is always very frank about a patients diagnosis and possible treatment. He looked directly at me and said what can I do for you? Dr Kim is a patient man and included me in all decisions made regarding my surgeries. Dr Kim has taken me through 2 back surgeries, both very successful. HE CHANGED MY LIFE!! Thank you Dr Kim.
in Richmond, VA |
I went to see him for lower back pain that has been bothering me for some time and has recently got worse. He took a X-ray and told me what I have known for years. I have other symptoms in other places such as si joint which he didn't know where it was. He didn't listen to me and take any exploratory aproach just said lose weight, go to PT and take anti inflammatories. I am hurting and I know it is not from what he said. Waste of time and money!!!
in Chesterfield VA |
I had a spinal fusion by Dr. Kim and I will be forever grateful to him. He has excellent bedside manner and takes his time with his patients. While rehabilitating , I have met many others who also had surgery by Dr. Kim and I can personally attest that each and everyone of them hold him in the highest regard, as do I. Thank you and your entire awesome staff (Sarah, Kaitlyn) I am also grateful for PA Womack aka "shorty". Thanks for giving me a life back Dr. Kim!!
in Chester, VA |
The attention given to me before, during and especially after my surgery has been superb. Dr. Kim and his staff have been extremely friendly and efficient with all my care, appointments and phone calls. I would put them at the top of my list of providers I have had experiences with. A special thank you to Sara and Jessica for always being available with help and answers to all of my concerns.
in Amelia Court House, VA |
Dr. Joey Kim is an incredible doctor and the only one I trust operating on my spine. He is attentive and listens to his patients needs. I just had Cervical Discectomy and Fusion at C5/6 with instrumentation yesterday 9/12/16. I was literally pain free when I woke from anesthesia. Only a little nauseous. I am very grateful to have Dr. Kim as my Ortho Spine Surgon. I highly recommend Dr. Kim!
Richmond, VA |
He seemed to always be in a hurry both times I have seen him. In those times he really didn't care what I had to say and he rushed out of the room both times and never returned.
in Chester, VA |
Dr. Kim is personable, friendly to kids, and is very knowledgeable. He explains everything along with possible risks and his opinion to the best treatment. I've been only satisfied with Dr. Kim.
in Midlothian, VA |
There was little to no pain. I was able to walk on a treadmill for 20 minutes the day after surgery. There was a little discomfort but Dr. Kim is an excellent doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph S. Kim, MD?
Are you Dr. Kim?

Compare Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Kim has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kim's Board Certifications

University Of Pittsburgh Med Center

Completed in 2006

University Of California Los Angeles

Completed in 2008

Dr. Kim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.