Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Joseph Kim, MD
Dr. Joseph Kim, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Midlothian, VA. He has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Kim is affiliated with Bon Secours - St. Francis Medical Center and Bon Secours - St. Mary's Hospital.

13801 St Francis Blvd Ste 200

Midlothian, VA 23114

Learn about Dr. Kim

See how frequently Dr. Kim performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spinal Stenosis
Spine Disorders
Cervical Spine Myelopathy

Dr. Kim's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Ankle Fracture
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Broken Neck
  • Cervical Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• University Of Virginia / Main Campus
  • University Of Pittsburgh Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • University Of California Los Angeles
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Kim has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kim's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kim to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Kim's Performance
in Amelia Court House, VA |
I am so happy with my decision to have Dr Kim take care of my lower back problems He did an excellent job and is a wonderful person. Well worth the wait because he is in high demand.
Richmond, VA |
Dr. Kim was over an hour late for my husbands appointment. The other patients in the waiting room told us that Dr. Kim is late to every appointment. This is extremely disappointing. I took off work to hear the results of my husbands MRI, but Dr. Kim was so late I had to leave to pick up our child.
in Powhatan, VA |
I saw Dr. Kim due to a severely herniated L5-S1 disc. I opted for microdiscectomy. Immediately following surgery, the numbness in my leg was 100% gone, and my nerve pain subsided completely over the next 6 weeks. He listened to all of my concerns before surgery and answered all of my questions. His staff was easily reachable as well. My ONLY complaint is that he was not at the post-op appointment. His PA was great, but I would have liked to hear from him personally as to how the surgery went.
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a thought-out caring message! I will be sure to pass along to everyone here. Best, Sarah
Dr. Kim is a great doctor, very personable. He informed me of my spinal issues and treatment options, and the therapy I received improved my condition greatly. I highly recommend him!
Kathryn - Thank you for taking time out of your day to write such kind words. Best, Sarah
in CUMBERLAND VA |
Dr. Kim Is a great doctor he treated my wife eight weeks out and she is doing great I would Recommend HIM TO ANYONE
Thank you Patsy for taking the time to leave such a kind comment. I wish you all the best, Sarah
in Powhatan, VA |
Dr. Kim and his staff is the best, No problems what so ever. I do refer him to anybody that ask, and if I ever have to have surgery again they will be the ones doing it!!!!
Thank you for the kind review, Kevin!
Richmond, VA |
Very glad I found Dr. Kim and his awesome staff to perform my spine surgery!
Thank you for the review!
in Victoria, VA |
Dr. Kim has been taking care of me for a little over a year. He is conservative with his treatment plan for his patients. Surgery is ways the last option for him and his PA Jessica Womack. They have the best bedside manner and their professionalism is beyond the best in their field. Dr. Kim and staff are always readily available for their patients. I had to have cervical surgery and not once was I reluctant to trust Dr. Kim and his professional decision. The best!
Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words, Donna! I will be sure to pass along to everyone here.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Kim preformed lower back surgery on my Mom. He removed a vertebra and installed rods and pins. Her surgery provided instant relief. She would recommend Dr. Kim to others.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Warm wishes to you and your family.
in Richmond, VA |
He fused 3 areas in my neck and did a Wonderful Job!!!!! I Thank him, I healed well and have very good function!! I thank him and the Great staff working along with him!!! I also felt he cared about me not just his profession or getting to the next patient!! Which says a lot about Dr. Kim!!
in 1092 Saunders lane green bay VA 23942 |
I would highly recommend Dr Kim, he did a excellent job on my neck surgery, I am so thankful I took his advice and had the surgery, I am on my way to recovering, I thank you Dr Kim
Hi Carolyn - Thank you for taking time to write such kind words. I will be sure to pass along to Dr. Kim and his team. Best, Sarah
in Petersburg, VA |
There are NO words that I can place on paper to express my sincere appreciation and gratitude to Dr. Kim and his entire staff. If I was restricted to only one word it would be "Phenomenal". Starting at my initial consult, he and his staff made it perfectly clear that they were there to help eliminate my severe back pain; and they did it to perfection. I can honestly say that the driving force behind their actions is a deep passion of caring. Excellent Job by the entire Dr. Kim Team!!!
in Midlothian, VA |
Dr. Kim recommended pain management procedures before opting for surgery. When surgery was considered necessary, Dr. Kim knew exactly what he would do and explained it well and answered my questions knowledgeably. His office staff took care of all the scheduling and insurance matters and they were very responsive whenever I had questions. After surgery they were available again when I had questions or needed pain management. I highly recommend Dr. Kim for back surgery.
in Chester, VA |
Outstanding! Never had a long wait. Entire staff completely supportive and available. I trust Dr. Kim and Jessica Womack PA-C with my health, spinal surgery, and follow-up without question!
in Midlothian, VA |
Dr. Kim is great but having to wait over an hour past the scheduled appointment is unacceptable. When traveling, if my flight is going to be delayed, I receive a call/text from the airline informing me of the delay. Same should happen at a physician's office. Sometimes I don't think physicians find a patients time a valuable.
in Midlothian, VA |
Dr Kim is an excellent physician and highly skilled surgeon. Where Dr. Kim stands out, is that he really cares about his patients and is always very frank about a patients diagnosis and possible treatment. He looked directly at me and said what can I do for you? Dr Kim is a patient man and included me in all decisions made regarding my surgeries. Dr Kim has taken me through 2 back surgeries, both very successful. HE CHANGED MY LIFE!! Thank you Dr Kim.
in Richmond, VA |
I went to see him for lower back pain that has been bothering me for some time and has recently got worse. He took a X-ray and told me what I have known for years. I have other symptoms in other places such as si joint which he didn't know where it was. He didn't listen to me and take any exploratory aproach just said lose weight, go to PT and take anti inflammatories. I am hurting and I know it is not from what he said. Waste of time and money!!!
in Chesterfield VA |
I had a spinal fusion by Dr. Kim and I will be forever grateful to him. He has excellent bedside manner and takes his time with his patients. While rehabilitating , I have met many others who also had surgery by Dr. Kim and I can personally attest that each and everyone of them hold him in the highest regard, as do I. Thank you and your entire awesome staff (Sarah, Kaitlyn) I am also grateful for PA Womack aka "shorty". Thanks for giving me a life back Dr. Kim!!
in Chester, VA |
The attention given to me before, during and especially after my surgery has been superb. Dr. Kim and his staff have been extremely friendly and efficient with all my care, appointments and phone calls. I would put them at the top of my list of providers I have had experiences with. A special thank you to Sara and Jessica for always being available with help and answers to all of my concerns.
in Amelia Court House, VA |
Dr. Joey Kim is an incredible doctor and the only one I trust operating on my spine. He is attentive and listens to his patients needs. I just had Cervical Discectomy and Fusion at C5/6 with instrumentation yesterday 9/12/16. I was literally pain free when I woke from anesthesia. Only a little nauseous. I am very grateful to have Dr. Kim as my Ortho Spine Surgon. I highly recommend Dr. Kim!
Richmond, VA |
He seemed to always be in a hurry both times I have seen him. In those times he really didn't care what I had to say and he rushed out of the room both times and never returned.
in Chester, VA |
Dr. Kim is personable, friendly to kids, and is very knowledgeable. He explains everything along with possible risks and his opinion to the best treatment. I've been only satisfied with Dr. Kim.
in Midlothian, VA |
There was little to no pain. I was able to walk on a treadmill for 20 minutes the day after surgery. There was a little discomfort but Dr. Kim is an excellent doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Kim, MD?

Visit Dr. Kim