Dr. Joseph Kappil, MD

Dr. Joseph Kappil, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Joseph Kappil, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in McHenry, IL. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 23 years.

4314 W Crystal Lake Rd Ste B

McHenry, IL 60050

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Kappil

See how frequently Dr. Kappil performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Glaucoma
Cataract Removal Surgery
Diplopia

Dr. Kappil's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Ulcer
  • Dacryoadenitis
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Cataracts
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Trabeculotomy Ab Externo
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Loyola University Med Center
  • Mac Neal Mem Hospital

Dr. Kappil has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kappil does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kappil and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kappil's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kappil to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Kappil's Performance
Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr Kappil performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes. On the first eye, no pain or scratching during pr after the surgery. For the second eye, sratchyness for the first week after surgery. Artificial tears eased the week of discomfort. Best surgery I have ever had, went from not seeing to seeing within the day of surgery, with very little issues.
Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr Kappil maybe a Good surgeon,but he absolutely lacks bedside manner He is short and curt and does not like answering your questions He said in a curt way you can come back for another visit if you have questions Would not recommend if you need patience and answers Unprofessional
in Harvard IL |
Dr. Kappil is a great doctor. Very professional and explains everything well.
Cary, IL |
Takes a bit to get in here to get things done but that is because he does such a good job and has a lot of patients coming. Does excellent work, VERY happy with the results.
in Wonder Lake, IL |
Very pleased with care provided by Dr. Kappil and his staff.
in Mchenry, IL |
Emergency care having a retinal tear was attended to after hours...being a Friday that could have saved my vision. Macula hole repaired by retinal specialist...also had excellent outcome. Experience is very important along with communication skills. He is very busy and knows when to refer patients to highly skilled specialists. HIGHLY RECOMMEND for all eye problems. We are very fortunate to have his skills in McHenry.
in Mchenry, IL |
Dr. Kappil recently performed cataract surgery on my right eye. He saw me prior to the surgery and discussed the entire procedure with me. He is very thorough, professional and kind. The day of the surgery went very smooth. Dr. Kappil is very attentive, and cheerful. I definitely will return to him, when I need to have my left eye treated.
in Huntley, ILL 60142 |
Excellent, I had Cataract surgery on 10-27-2016, the whole new patient on-boarding was fantastic and straight forward. The diagnostics, procedure recommendations, surgery and post operative appointments were splendid.
in Mchenry, IL |
I recently had caterack surgery and am completly satified with the way i was treated and with the results of this surgery. I would highly reconmend Dr. Kappel to any one.
in Harvard, Il. |
Dr. Kappil was highly recommended to me from a very trustworthy source. At 51 yrs old, this was my first surgery of any kind. Dr. Kappil made me feel at ease, explaining every step of the procedure, and following them with expertise. I have 100% confidence in him and will return if ever needed.
in Mchenry, IL |
Efficient, courteous; awareness of any additional conditions.
in Woodstock, Il |
I have been going there for about 6 years and have recommend him to a few people. Everyone is always nice and always so busy. First ophthalmologist I've been to and have no desire to change or try anyone else.
in McHenry, IL |
Dr. Kappil recently (4/14/16) performed my cataract surgery, and has been my ophthalmologist for several years. My Multiple Sclerosis does not phase this bright, knowledgeable, capable doctor. Neither do my complications. I trust this man with my eyes! The hospital nurses had respect for & liked Dr. Kappil. Me, too!
in Fox Lake, IL |
He is very professional, but comfortable to talk to. He explains everything clearly. He and the staff are all very efficient. There seems to be a lot going on in his office, but very well organized. Because everything was explained clearly and I knew exactly what I needed to do, both of my surgeries and the follow up went very smoothly. Dr. Kappil is an excellent physician, and all of the staff are friendly, knowledgeable and professional.
in Island Lake, IL |
Dr. Kappil just did my cataract eye surgery. Went very well as I a lot of confidence in Him. He did my first eye several years ago and he didn't disappoint me the second time for the other eye. See much better and very impressed with Dr. Kappil. My wife will seeing him in the future
in Wonder Lake,IL |
I have had two cataracts removed to date--my vision for distance has improved 100% -- I recommend Dr Kappil to anyone who is experiencing problems with seeing
in McHenry, IL |
Dr.Kappil just did my cataract surgery! Dr Kappil exhibited lots of patience in my treatment. When I had to cancel my procedure,because of blood pressure, it was taken in stride and Dr Kappil and Dr Richards were very understanding and worked with me to get the surgery rescheduled. On the day of the procedure Dr. Kappil was very confident and explained once again, what was going to happen in surgery. The whole experience was well laid out and planned around my schedule Now I can see MUCH better!
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Kappil, MD?
Are you Dr. Kappil?