Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 72

Dr. Jacobs
Telehealth services available

Joseph B. Jacobs, M.D.P.C - NYU School of Medicine 345 East 37th Steet, New York, NY 10016

345 E 37th St Rm 308 New York, NY 10016

Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in New York, NY and has over 47 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Jacobs has more experience with Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University medical school in 1974. He is affiliated with NYU Langone Health Tisch Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Jacobs to book an appointment.

Compare with other Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists

Compare Dr. Jacobs with our nearby Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center.

Make an appointment at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center today at (212) 235-1531.

Filter by
Provider Ratings
provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center.

Dr. Jacobs' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs?
  • Appointment scheduling (50)
  • Staff friendliness (50)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (48)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (4)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (4)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (4)
Dr Jacobs is an outstanding doctor and surgeon. Very empathetic, takes time to answer every question, and is excellent at follow up. Very experienced, gives the patient a lot of confidence, and a wonderful listener. I would recommend him highly, and he is very well assisted by Kathy, who is just terrific.
Dec 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
My surgery went off without a hitch. My recovery was very easy as Dr. Jacobs said it would be. Many others made me nervous but I was confident in Dr. Jacobs abilities. I would recommend him to anyone having the same surgery as I had.
Oct 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
I have suffered with breathing issues my whole life and I had an unsuccessful surgery when I was a teenager in Brazil. I waited for so long! Dr. Jacobs is a gem, honestly, he's so knowledgeable, and he is so polite, listens to you with such respect and attention, and I felt like a Dr was finally taking my problems serious. Once he figure out my problem, he moved on so quickly to schedule my procedure, which involved a deviated septum, chronic and recurrent sinus infection and issues with blockage inside my nose. The procedure was extremely smooth, unreal. The follow-up was incredible. And one more thing, his assistant Kathy, she deserves as much love and praise. She's sweet, super on top of her messages, she made me feel really comfortable. They are a great team, and not only I'll recommend him to everyone, I'm actually taking my daughter to see him in 2 weeks. Thank you Dr Jacobs for letting me breath for the first time like a normal human being.
Ana Berger – Sep 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
Being treated by Dr. Jacobs is different from my previous experiences elsewhere. All of my questions and concerns about my symptoms are listened to and validated and I feel like I am in good hands. His assistant Kathy is also amazing. From scheduling appointments, surgery and following up on insurance and prescriptions, she has been on top of everything and the process has been seamless. I am still recovering from my sinus surgery, but so far I am healing well and I'm very grateful to have been treated with the upmost professionalism and care.
T Gill – Sep 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
The whole experience from beginning to end went extremely well. Dr, Jacobs walked me through the steps and answered all questions. His staff keeps you up to date on all matters such as tests and scheduling. Add to this NYU is a world class facility
Tom D – Sep 03, 2020
Dr. Jacobs' Reply – Flag
Thank you for a Great Review!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
I have. I mean HAD a very rare condition called silent sinus syndrome. Dr. Jacobs along with an Opthamologist corrected my condition. My breathing is incredibly better. I felt so unbalanced and frustrated due to poor breathing on my right side. Dr. Jacobs is very knowledgeable and confident. I can’t thank Dr. Jacobs and his team enough. Scheduling appointments is always easy. Kathy at the front desk is lovely and very helpful as well.
Danielle – Aug 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
I was seen by Dr Jacobs as soon as soon as I arrived. Doctor Jacobs & staff are professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. A pleasure to deal with.
Lawrence Martocci – Jun 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
Dr. Jacobs was patient and knowledgeable and helpful and as my treatment is ongoing, I trust that will continue.
Apr 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
Dr. Jacobs is tops in his field and sinus surgery was executed with the minimal discomfort and minimal stress to patient. Find myself fortunate to be his patient in addressing my long-term sinus problems.
Ricardo Torres – Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
Dr Jacob's is the best! Seriously, he is obviously a great doctor (truly amazing) and a really nice person too. The perfect combination.
E. – Feb 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
The visits are great He is very caring and informative Has been a great help to me
Harry elias – Dec 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
I’ve been a patient of Dr. Jacobs for many years and breathe better because of it. The office is very efficiently run, patients are seen promptly and treated very well by the staff. Highly recommend for anyone that suffers from chronic sinus issues—.
Cathy Fenlon – Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
Dr. Jacobs is an outstanding physician, one of the best in NY. I have been his patient for over 28 years with 4 surgeries. Dr. Jacobs is very knowledgeable, caring and with great experience. Kathy, the office manager, is very friendly and courteous. My wife recently had sinus surgery by Dr. Jacobs as well. I strongly recommend Dr. Jacobs for your sinus needs.
Greg Y. – Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
Dr. Jacobs is a brilliant clinician who brings a great deal of experience and care to his patients. He is a remarkably skilled surgeon with an authentically warm bedside manner. I would highly recommend him!
Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
The overall experience was great. The office is clean and organized. Kathryn is very helpful and nice. Doctor Joseph Jacobs made me feel comfortable and assured me that I was in good hands. I had a sinus surgery and I was worried about the procedure. The surgery went well. Immediately I asked for a mirror. My nose didn't change. No purplishes or scars. The infection was removed and I can breath better. An anti inflammatory was prescribed after the surgery, but never even needed. He is a knowledgeable doctor. I wish he was more friendly. I highly recommend him for a sinus surgery.
Teresita G – Nov 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
Excellent Bedside Manner Pre & Post Surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Jacobs, he is a truly dedicated Surgeon. His office manager Kathy, is friendly, courteous, & a true professional.
Kevin Quirk – Nov 09, 2019
Excellent
Cosmo – Nov 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
Out standing physician. He is very professional and extremly thourogh. With regards to my case he reviewed with me things that the other doctors neglected or just failed to mention. I found that these are just a few of the professional qualities that make him a leader in his feild.
Paul R. – Nov 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
Dr Jacobs is knowledgeable caring and treats his patients like family. I have been a patient of dr Jacobs for over 20 years , he is thorough caring attentive sharp and his office staff is fantastic, you will love going to dr Jacobs I strongly recommend seeing Dr Jacobs. Jerry Tizzano
Jerry Tizzano – Nov 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?
Excellent doctor, best sinus specialist in NY. Light hand, very knowledgeable, great bed side manners. And the power of experience shows in his surgery. Great post-op care.
Nov 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Jacobs, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Jacobs?

• Ear, Nose, and Throat