Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Joseph Iuorno, MD
Dr. Joseph Iuorno, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Colonial Heights, VA. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 17 years.

280 Charles H Dimmock Pkwy

Colonial Heights, VA 23834

Learn about Dr. Iuorno

See how frequently Dr. Iuorno performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Corneal Ulcer
Cataract Removal Surgery
Excision or Destruction of Lesion of Cornea

Dr. Iuorno's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Iuorno "West End Ophthalmology will aspire to provide the finest general and subspecialty eye care in the areas of cornea, external diseases and refractive surgery. We will strive to consistently meet or exceed the service and patient care expectations of our patrons by investing in staff education and new treatment modalities. We will maintain a comfortable, warm and pleasing environment which is available and accessible to each patient. Finally, we will ensure that we provide ample time for each patient and listen to each of your concerns."

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Ulcer
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Relaxing Incisions, Corneal
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• St George's University
    Medical School | Graduated 2000
  • St Joseph's Hosptial Health Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2001
  • SUNY Upstate Med University/Josephs Hospital Health Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • University Mn
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Iuorno has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Iuorno does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Iuorno and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Iuorno's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Iuorno to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Iuorno's Performance
in Chesterfield, Va. |
I found Dr. Iuorno to be very professional and able to put me at ease while treating me for health issues with my left eye. I would gladly recommend him to family and friends.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Iuorno performed lens replacement surgery on me. He was professional, courteous, and confident...his demeanor was reassuring and the results of the surgery have given me new life with regard to my vision! I'm grateful and couldn't have had a better medical experience.
South Hill, VA |
Dr. Iourno is such a blessing!!! I had been to eye doctors for close to 10 years and had been given steroid drops and ointments to use, which are not good for you on a regular basis. I went to him and he told me I had dry eyes, so all along I was using those steroids for nothing. I use refresh drops daily and am so much better. I also have blepheritis that flares up often. He saved the day again and was determined to help me in every way. He is the best there is! So thankful for him!!!!!!
in Glen Allen, VA |
My experience was great. He is professional, direct and knows his "eyes".
in Gaffney, SC |
Dr. Iuorno is very knowledgeable about cataract correction. He offered me several options with pros and cons for each. His "bedside manner" is friendly and professional,making me feel that he took the time to listen and address my concerns. His appointments are on time and his support staff are great.
in Beaverdam, VA |
Dr. Iuorno did an excellent job with the cataract surgery on both of my eyes. I now have 20/20 vision in both eyes! This is my first time in 40 years without glasses! The surgery was fast and painless. From the time I went back with the nurse to when we pulled out of the surgery center parking lot, only about 50 minutes elapsed! There was virtually no down time at all. I was back to work the day after surgery. I am the CEO of a medical practice and I highly recommend Dr. Iuorno and his team.
in Fredericksburg, VA |
Did a great job of fixing cornea issues in both eyes. Really up on latest medical procedures. good at explaining the problem and what needs to be done.
in Richmond, VA |
I have gotten excellent care from Dr. Iuorno. He is both extremely knowledgeable, most capable and always thorough!
in Culpeper, VA |
Dr. Iuorno has been a blessing to me. He performed my cataract surgeries and YAG procedures with no complications. I have a tremor which makes me anxious and self-conscious but his chair side manner is so comfortable and entertaining he put me immediately at ease. I am also grateful to his friendly and professional staff especially the billing department which have gone out of their way to help me with insurance issues. I would highly recommend Dr. Iourno.
in Richmond, VA |
I had cataract surgery several years ago in my 50's. Was concerned and asked a million questions. Dr. Iuorno was kind and informative and took time to ease my fear. The surgery was no different and was a very good experience. Several years after I became very concerned and need the YAG surgery. I can't sum it up any better then the old hymn, Amazing Grace, Was Blind but Know I see. I can even wear contacts now and with them have 20/20 vision. I believe this would have not happened without Iuorno
in Sandston, VA |
Dr. Iuorno is the best experience I have had as far as my health. I first went to him in 2009 with severe eye pain. I couldn't even see the E on the chart. They thought I had a flesh eating parasite (thank God is wasn't). Dr. Iuorno prescribe the right treatment and everything is GREAT now!
Midlothian, VA |
Dr. Iuorno did my LASIK surgery. As a surgeon in the community I was very concerned with having any eye surgery. After extensive research and professional recommendations, I chose Dr. Iuorno. He is a highly trained specialist with exceptional surgical skills. He also has a great bedside manner. He helped me feel comfortable with the surgery and I knew I was in good hands.
in Sandston, VA |
Excellent Doctor and very down to earth person. Did both my cataracts and went as easy and painless he said it would be. He also did my wife's a few years earlier.
in Richmond, VA |
When I first went to Dr. Iuorno in 2008 my eye sight was very bad in both eyes. I had to have 2 cornea transplants and a third transplant in my left eye. Needless to say I was a nervous wreck when we first met but since that time he has been a God send to me, because of him and all of his knowledge and wisdom my eye sight could not be better. His bedside manner is one of the best I've come to know when it comes to medical professionals. I would recommend him to everyone.
in Midlothian, VA |
My experience with Dr. Iuorno was a nightmare . I had a simple cataract surgery that left me almost blind in my left eye. Since that surgery I've had several procedures to correct the problems but to no avail . My sight is the worst it has ever been. I would not recommend Dr. Iuorno to my worst enemy
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Iuorno, MD?
Are you Dr. Iuorno?