Dr. Joseph Housel, MD

DermatologyMaleAge 49

Dr. Joseph Housel, MD is a Dermatologist in Liverpool, NY. Dr. Housel has more experience with Mohs Surgery and Skin Cancer & Excision than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Crouse Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Housel to book an appointment.

Housel Dermatology, PC

235 Greenfield Pkwy Liverpool, NY 13088

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Dermatologists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Housel

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Housel treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Housel treats other conditions, please contact the office at (315) 452-3376.

Mohs Surgery

Mohs surgery is a procedure that treats some types of skin cancer by removing a precise amount of tissue in order to remove cancer cells while sparing as much healthy tissue as possible.Compare with other Mohs Surgery specialists.

Dr. Housel is experienced in the area of Mohs Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Similar Providers
Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer
Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery
Mohs Surgery
Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
Normal
High
Very High

Skin Cancer & Excision

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the skin, including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.Compare with other Skin Cancer & Excision specialists.

Dr. Housel is experienced in the area of Skin Cancer & Excision. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 16 conditions and procedures

• Acne
  • Acne Surgery
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Merkel Cell Carcinoma
  • Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Mole Evaluation
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Skin Lesion
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Housel accepts

Dr. Housel accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Housel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Housel

4.3

Dr. Housel
My husband was referred to Dr. Housel by his dermatologist in Utica because he needed MOHS surgery for basal cell cancer. The entire experience has been stellar from start to finish. Dr. Housel is incredibly personable, skilled and caring. He actually called my husband the evening of the surgery to check on him! Incredible in this day and age. The facility is gorgeous and all the personnel were upbeat and interested in my husband’s comfort and understanding of exactly what was happening. Brittany was exceptional. Would we both recommend Dr. Housel? Absolutely without a doubt. I should add that I was welcomed warmly as well. The outcome of the surgery is excellent and we could not be more pleased.
Elizabeth Robinson (Ron) – Aug 19, 2021
Went to my first visit at Housel Dermatology and all I can say is “WOW”. Everyone from the minute I walked in the door made me feel welcome and we genuinely concerned about my issues. I had gone to other Dermatologists but none ever took the time with me that Dr Housel and his staff did. They went above and beyond the call to help get me the prescription medications that other dermatologists said would not be covered by insurance. They promptly reported to me the results of blood test and biopsies. I am thankful for finally finding a practice that cares for their patients. You all ROCK. Thank you ??
Diane S – Jul 06, 2021
Dr Housel has done Mohs surgery on me with excellent results. Also, the PA Elizabeth Johnson is excellent as both myself and my husband use her for annual checks and these are done professionally and with excellent results.
Isabelle – Jul 05, 2021
Absolute class act. Friendly efficient knowledgeable. Amazing office just love it here
Zoey Ellison – Jun 29, 2021
Dr Housel and all of his staff were very professional. The office runs super smooth there wasn’t a wait time at all. I can not say enough good about the office.
Jun 25, 2021
I cant not say enough good things about Dr. Housel and his office!!! Ever since the first time I walked into his office to have surgery done on my FACE I felt like I was in great hands! I run a physician office myself and know how one should be run. Dr. Housel and his staff exceeded my expectations!!!! Even-though I have to drive an hour to get to his office I changed to him for all of my dermatology needs!!!
Sherry – Jun 24, 2021
I first came to Dr. Housel to have a Pilar cyst removed from my head. Both he and the staff are very professional and knowledgeable. I felt very comfortable and at ease. I was so pleased with this practice that I returned for my skincare needs and am currently doing chemical peels to renew my skin and give it a healthy glow. I plan to continue an anti-aging regimen using their skincare line after I’m done with the peels. I highly recommend this practice for any of your skincare needs or concerns.
Melissa – Jun 24, 2021
Finally found an office with excellent reputation...I Have seen Dr. Housel and Elizabeth Johnson....both are excellent. The office is run like the Swiss Train system...efficient, professional, courteous, cheerful and ALWAYS on time...you can set a watch! Over the years, I have been to many dermatogists and no one can compare to this office. Extemely knowlegeable and you never feel rushed!
Best run office I've ever been in!! – Jun 22, 2021
I had a biopsy done for genetic testing. Two nurses handled this beautifully. Very clean room and cheerful, efficient staff. I have had several squamous and basal spots surgically removed in the past by Dr Housel. He is proficient in Mohs surgery. I have never experienced pain except for the small sting of anesthetic. The nurse practioners check me every six months. They know what they are doing!
Susan Monnat – Jun 20, 2021
Cryotherapy for skin lesiona
Dan – Jun 17, 2021
My husband and I had a great visit today with Dr. Housel. We were very pleased that we were seen by the doctor and had a very helpful and informative appointment. There is a nice clean waiting room and the appointment ran on time. We had a pleasant check in experience.
Jun 16, 2021
I was referred to this office by a coworker. The thought of someone checking every inch of your body is not pleasant. The staff could not have been more non-intrusive and polite. They easily took my mind off of their assessment. Unfortunately, I did require a surgical intervention for one area on my arm and I can not praise this practice enough. Professional, kind, and so attentive. Dr. Housel is fantastic! His keen sense of humor and obvious awesome rapport with his staff was so impressive! Having the lab right on the premises made it very easy for him to assure he got it all, not requiring me to have to come back! Hands down, the best office experience I’ve had in years!
Melissa Martin – Jun 15, 2021
Dr . Housel and staff were the best. They were friendly, courtesy, answered any questions and knowledgeable of their positions. One of the best experience I ever had with any doctor and staff. The waiting time was very good also. High recommend Dr Housel and staff.
Meri Asmus – Jun 14, 2021
After going to another dermatologist in the area, who neglected to listen to my concerns about a spot on my leg for 2 years, a biopsy was finally done. When I received a diagnosis that it was a carcinoma, I was shocked and I knew that I had to go to another dermatologist. I called the office of Dr. Joseph Housel, (Housel Dermatology) and asked if they were taking new patients. The office said "yes", and I told them my story and that I was scared. I had never met Dr. Housel and within two weeks of that phone call, surgery was scheduled right before Christmas. I met this wonderful doctor and his awesome staff the day of my surgery. Dr. Housel performed the surgery and got all of the carcinoma. It was the best Christmas present I could ever received. I would recommend Dr. Housel and his awesome caring and professional staff to everyone. I thank God my friend told me about Housel Dermatology. Dr. Housel saved my life!!!!!
Wilma Chetney – Jun 11, 2021
As always, polite and courteous staff. On time and without delay.
Paul – Jun 11, 2021
Dr Housel and his staff are excellent providers. Treat you with respect and caring. I had a large basel cell on my nose, it was a process but I can't tell you how amazing the results, were. Would recommend Dr Housel to anyone.
May 20, 2021
I have been going to this practice for a few years. I have had Mohs surgery twice. Dr Housel is gifted and kind. Elizabeth does my skin checks and is awesome. I could not be more please with this practice.
Anne Hanks – May 19, 2021
I have already recommended and will continue to recommend Dr. Housel to my family and friends! He is highly proficient and skilled in the Mohs procedure, as well as in other Dermatological procedures and advancements! Dr. Housel is a consummate professional, who takes the time to answer questions, and treat patients with respect!
Kristine Lyktey – May 14, 2021
The NP was wonderful, fast and well versed. The office is always so efficient and well run.
Phyllis Perrone – May 10, 2021
Dr Housel and his staff were caring and very professional. Nurse Gabby was very attentive to all my needs and Med Assistant Riley explained everything very thoroughly. My only concern was not having any way to get the staff when I needed help due to excessive bleeding. I highly recommend Dr. Housel for any dermatology needs.
Maureen Roe – May 07, 2021

How was your experience with Dr. Housel?

Welcome to Housel Dermatology. At Housel Dermatology, we are dedicated to providing patients with excellent service for a full spectrum of skin care needs...Read more

Dr. Housel is a Board Certified Dermatologist and fellowship trained Mohs Micrographic and Reconstructive Surgeon.

Dr. Joseph Housel grew up...

• Dermatology