Dr. Joseph Hegarty, MD

Practices Pain Medicine

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 67 reviews.
Author:
Dr Hegarty is very patient friendly.He listens to the patient He is very thorough! Would definitely recommend him.
Author:
D Hegarty is a great Doctor he is kind and concerned about his patients. There has never been a time that is has not made sure all my questions were addressed. I’m glad I was referred to him. Him and the staff are outstanding.
Author:
I have been seeing Dr Hagerty for several years and I want to thank him and Scott for being the best that there is in pain management they are so kind and willing to help you any way that they can. I have been through a lot. I lost my husband last year,And this office was so supportive of my loss and I want to thank them for being there for me. If you're in need of a pain ÐR THIS is the office you need to contact. I love all of them in this clinic. When you have to get a shot at the hospital the nurses are just great to. This is a very good hospital. Thank you Dr Hagerty for everything and I thank God for all of you.
Author:
Professional , great doctor.
Author:
Wonderful doctor! He is a caring, compassionate doctor! Dr Hegarty takes the time to explain the issues, discuss your options, and treatments.
Author:
I want to thank Dr Hegarty and Scott so much for the visit I had with them about my medication. I was very nervous and concerned about my problems but you both made me feel comfortable and at ease. I now feel like I have a plan and can make it through my issues with my family and your help. Thanks again for everything, you both mean so much to me.
Author:
Dr. Hegarty is a very kind man, with a wonderful bedside manner.
Author:
Dr. Hegarty and his staff are wonderful and caring. Always on top of new treatments. So very lucky to have him for my care.
Excellent as always
Author:
Friendly and comfortable. Reassuring and informative.
Author:
Had not been very fortunate with physicians until meeting Dr. Hegarty. Had a back surgery that failed and sought help for pain relief of nerve damage. Went to Mayo Clinic and they said they couldn't do anything. Found Dr. Hegarty and he put me on a chronic pain regimen that has worked for me, and has given me two spinal injections that work wonders. He's an excellent doctor; he's personable and caring and just all around excellent. He has made all the difference in my quality of life. I had to admit that prior to meeting him I had just about given up and was using NSAIDs to manage the pain, which would frequently interrupt sleep and make driving impossible. All better now, and it is all thanks to him. Wonderful doctor (and I've seen my share of them) and I feel so very thankful to have finally found someone who cares.
Author:
He was great and didn’t try to push me into something I didn’t want.And he was very understanding and explained everything and I can say I really like him
Author:
The office was pleasent from the front desk on back. Dr. Hegarty was very nice and took time to listen and explain my treatment plan.
We strive to deliver the highest quality patient care and appreciate you taking the time to write this review sharing your feedback.
Author:
PA Scott takes good care of me.
Optim aims to deliver the highest quality patient care. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and value hearing about positive experiences.
Author:
Saw Scott , Monday 05/20/19 will continue to use this group in the future. I have been seeing them for about 10 yrs and wouldn't have any other Drs . They are the best in my opinion.
Optim aims to deliver the highest quality patient care and appreciate you taking the time to write this review sharing your feedback with us.
Author:
First time visit. Dr. Hegarty took the time and explained what is causing the lower back issues. Highly recommend this doctor.
Author:
Dr. Hegarty is an amazing physician, truly cares about his patients. He has a vast knowledge in all areas of medicine and educates you on the diagnosis in an almost a team approach. He’s approachable, kind, offers spectacular treatment, always the pros and cons of different treatments given,allowing your voice to be heard. Beside manner is impeccable, works well with your other physicians for true continuity of care. Would recommend him and his team to anyone. Definitely trust his judgement.
Optim aims to deliver the highest quality patient care. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
Author:
made me feel important. .explained what nerves hurt my knee. and how he would fix it.. he didn't say I would be pain free but it would take some of the pain away. any relief of some pain would be a Blessing.
Author:
Great couldn't ask for better care
Dr.h
Author:
I’d definitely recommend Dr. Hegarty to my friends and family! He is one of the best physicians that I have personally been under the care of, and, speaking as a retired nurse, his quality of care is amazing!! His care and concern for his patients is awesome and his vast knowledge and expertise is very reassuring to me, and with this being something I’d like for my loved ones, I’d absolutely recommend Dr. Hegarty to anyone! One of the very best doctors in Savannah, for sure..........
I strive to deliver the highest quality patient care and appreciate you taking the time to write a review sharing your feedback.
Author:
Excellent Physican and Scott the P.A, Don’t know what I would do without them and their staff.
I aim to deliver the highest quality patient care. I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and value hearing about positive experiences. Thank you for sharing your feedback with me.
Author:
Very knowledgeable and trustworthy.
Thank you for taking the time to send a review. I value all feedback.
Author:
Dr hagerty and staff listen to you and they are awesome
Author:
Good! He helped me to find the best option for me to deal with the pain.
Author:
I have been with Dr.Hegarty for close to 14 years , he is a caring and compassionate person/Dr....He listen's and it's Definitely nice to have a Dr. whom doesn't just come in and walk out without asking about how you are not just feeling but overall... If being his patient for 14 years doesn't tell you something then I don't know what will. I hate having to take meds ,but definitely BLESSED to have him as my physician..
Thank you for taking the time to send your review. It is my mission to provide exceptional and compassionate care.
Author:
Dr Hegarty has helped greatly with the sharp pain in my back,having an in-operable thoracic compression. He is very thorough and concerned with my well being. The trigger shots have and do help tremendously in controlling my pain. I highly recommend his expertise and am happy and thankful to have found his help after trying several other pain management Doctors. On a scale of 1-10, he ranks an 11...his staff is excellent also! Only praise for Dr. Hegarty !
Author:
Dr.H truly cares about his patient's. He listens and takes time to find what will work best for you. You are not just another file to discard and go to next one.
Thank you for taking the time to send a review. Feedback is always valued as I strive to provide the highest quality patient care.
Author:
He is the most caring, competent and compassionate physician I have ever had. His pain management program has worked for me for quite some time and has enabled me to continue my hobby of gardening. He has an excellent staff as well.
Author:
I highly recommend dr. Haggerty to everyone that needs help with pain are neck problems with that being said i would recommend him to everyone he's very interested and has compassion for his patients. When I leave his office I feel so much better than I did when I went in. He cares about what the patient has to say an what their complaints are. You feel like he's a family member. Could say a lot more about him an his staff but you have to go see them to know how great the whole office is. Thank
Top notch. Give Dr Hegarty a chance to fix your pain. You will be glad you did
I aim to deliver the highest quality patient care and appreciate you taking the time to write this review sharing your feedback with me.
Author:
Polite & professional service that alleviated pain in back & shoulder
Author:
Dr. Hergarty is an outstanding pain specialist. I love his work. He has great bedside manners. I have been with him for almost 18 years. Keep up the good work.
Author:
He is a very caring doctor.Always concerned about his patients care.Just the sweetest person to talk to.I have been under his care for about 10 years and could not think of changing doctors.
Author:
He is a wonderful compassionate caring doctor.He will spend all the time necessary to answer your questions. He is my favorite doctor and I’ve had many.
Author:
Dr, Hegarty is a dr in whom you can trust. He doesn’t judge you, he listen to you & explains to you what he feels is the best treatment plan for your condition. If you are looking for a dr who cares about his patients I recommend Dr, Hegarty. Also he has a friendly staff who supports the patients as well. Thanks dr Hegarty for being our dr.
Author:
Satisfied with services received at Optim Pain Management. Doctor and PA are very professional. Wait time is minimum. Most complaint are met within reason. Yes, I would recommend Optim pain to friends.
Author:
Dr hegarty has been the best thing for me over the yrs! Has been like a friend to me since 2006. He has always taken time to be sure I’m ok!! Disability can and is very exhausting at times Dr. Hagerty always takes his time to be sure that I’m doing OK mentally and just not physically. He has been such a blessing in my life since 2006 and his PA Scott is also one of the best guys you’ll ever meet. They are both highly recommended!!
Author:
Dr. Hagarty and his PA Scott, makes up an extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, professional, and at times,humorous teem. As a patient of theirs for seven years, I can honestly say, have no reservations about seeing either one. Anyone who needs to find a pain management doctor needs look no farther. From his office staff to his nurses, to the dynamic duo themselves, I promise you, you won't regret your decision.
Great Dr.
I aim to deliver the highest quality patient care and appreciate you taking the time to write this review sharing feedback with me.
Author:
Such a wonderful doctor. Dr. Hegarty is a fantastic mix of kind, caring and knowledgeable. He never rushes you through an appointment no matter how busy the office is, and that is a rare thing anymore. He is a very compassionate person and you can tell he really cares about his patients. Scott is also a wonderful person who listens and always gives the best to his patients. Thank you both so much!
Author:
I was sent because of my back pain. He takes great care of me. He explains the procedures and treatments that are needed. He takes the time needed, he is not in and out like some specialist you see. Wonderful Dr. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a pain management professional.
Author:
Can't really say I would recommend or not. I had a MRI done 2 wks ago and I've left 2 msgs at Savannah office and 1 msg at vidalia office still No one has returned my call to give me results of my MRI.
Author:
Highly recommend--brilliant doctor, wonderful bedside manner, Good teacher--he explained to me exactly what was happening and why I needed the injection--he included a hands-on visual aid of a spine and lower back and explained exactly what he would be doing with the injected steroid.
Author:
I found Dr. Hegarty,after trying several doctors that gave up on me and said there was no more they could do to help. I can't thank Scott and him enough for taking the time to listen and BELIEVE in me. They found things wrong that others couldn't. They took exceptional care of me and didn't allow me to become dependent on medications.They found other solutions,which gave me my life back.I went from being dependent on others, to owning my own business,and doing things I was told I couldn't do.