Dr. Joseph Haas, MD

Adult PsychiatryMaleAge 57

Adult Psychiatry

Dr. Joseph Haas, MD is a Adult Psychiatry Specialist in Clearwater, FL and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Michigan Medical School in 1990. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Joseph Haas, MD

Joseph Haas MD

2430 Estancia Blvd Ste 104 Clearwater, FL 33761

Compare with other Adult Psychiatry Specialists

Compare Dr. Haas with our nearby Adult Psychiatry Specialists at HCA Florida Largo Hospital.

Make an appointment at HCA Florida Largo Hospital today at (727) 440-4823.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Florida Largo Hospital.

Dr. Haas' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Haas

2.9

Never go to this man
Here's a quick insight to how Dr. Haas treats his patients.... Him: "Your patient compliancy score is low, as you never went to the sleep clinic in (city)." Me: "I know. I'm sorry- I couldn't get a ride with work and school going on... But what does "patient compliancy" mean?" Him: *Chuckles and lowers his glasses condescendingly* "Aren't you in college?! Compliancy is an 8th grade word...Wow. Well, it means you are not doing what I am asking of you blah blah.." I have never been treated so terribly by a doctor. I sat in my car and cried for hours, as I felt like an idiot. I was only 19 and very mentally unstable. I would never, ever go back to this man. I pray that if you are reading this, you stay away as well! He is in the wrong business and doesn't take care of his patients.
May 16, 2022
Patient
I DO NOT recommend this guy. He is very arrogant and likes to argue a lot because if things don't go his way then he loses it. Only schedules appointments weekly and will only prescribe medications for a week. He's in it for the money, that's why he keeps you coming back every week. My son was having a lot of problems with depression and suicide and Haas did nothing to help him. He is not good at his job, I wouldn't trust him for anything.
Apr 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Dr Haas sabotaged my chances at the only therapy that has been effective for me. Ketamine therapy. I had been through 8 ketamine treatments in an inpatient facility that set me up with Dr Haas. I had been on literally about 30 different antidepressants with no significant improvement. I was approved by the psychiatrist and would have thought continuing my treatments as an outpatient would be a forgone conclusion. After waiting almost a month for doctor Haas to type up a simple letter stating I am not schizophrenic, and calling at least five times, I was informed that Dr Haas recommended that I not receive Ketamine Infusion Therapy due to my history of substance abuse. Over ten years in my past and that I continue antidepressant therapy. Even though my history speaks to the fact that this was completely ineffective for me. He wanted to make me solely reliant on his practice. To be a mental health professional that is working against his own patient’s mental health is sick!
Steve – May 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Competent enough in medication management but consistently late (1 hour+) for appointments, overbills, and left me feeling generally swindled and not cared for. I booked him because he had the most and soonest openings, I understand why that is now. Should have trusted the bad reviews here.
Nov 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Excellent and staff is outstanding. Professional, efficient and caring describes DR. Haas's office.
Cathay Gleeson – Jul 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
He gets the job done without a lot of unnecessary nonsense. Doesn’t beat around the bush. If something needs to be said he says it.
May 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Patient, kind, helpful, concerned with my well-being
Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
I felt that Dr. Haas was very good at listening to all my concerns and provided proper treatment plan for us going forward to help with my issues. He was very mindful of all my concerns and offered helpful suggestions for every single one of them. I am very satisfied with my visit and look forward to my next one. The staff were very nice and helpful and able to get me in quickly, which definitely puts them ahead of other offices who have waits months away. They were very kind and welcoming.
Apr 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
"Doctor" Haas began adjusting my medications as of the first visit. I complained about sleep problems, so he lowered my sleep meds. Yes, you read that correctly. He doesn't listen, talks over you, and bills your insurance insane amounts of money for ten minute visits. I've only seen him 4 times, yet he is already just repeating the same innane advice constantly. I'm somewhat articulate, but simply don't have the words to express how strongly I suggest that you find a different doctor.
Mar 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Very informative and helpful. I learned a lot in the 1 hr I spent with him. Looking forward to learning more,
  • Long wait times
Judy in Holiday, FL – Feb 08, 2019
Very bad doctor. Beware!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Dec 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Dr. Haas made time to see me after I was in serious distress after 3 medication changes. HOWEVER, these were changes he made after barely listening to my input. I made it clear initially, if we were going to alter medications, we do them one at a time. That way we'd know which was causing side effects. This didn't happen. I ended up in my GP's office bawling. Just like many others noted, he talks over you. Also, I was scheduled every week. Now found what I think is overbilling, Just be careful.
  • Long wait times
Clearwater – Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Dr. Haas is a great psychiatrist - he has helped my 23 yr old son who is drug induced MDMA Psychotic, Schizophrenic effective Bi-Polar, a real tough case indeed. Dr. Haas is a true professional.
Jeffrey in Clearwater – Nov 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Dr. Haas is very professional and uses the latest medical protocols in addition to his years of experience. I recently moved to Florida and needed a new Psychiatrist and I could not be more pleased!! He is willing to listen and has successfully adjusted my meds. I recommend him highly!
SM in Reddington Shores – Oct 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Dr. Haas has given me my life back. He listens, jokes, understands and provides amazing advice. He is always available when I need an appointment and NEVER rushes me out of the room. I have never spent less than 25 min with him, which is saying a lot for doctors these days. His only front office worker Nicole is so nice and pleasant. Always goes above and beyond. I am thankful for them both and would highly recommend Dr Haas.
Cammie in Clearwater, FL – Sep 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Dr Haas messed up my medication and actual gave me Effexor tablets when I was on extended release capsules. I spent 2016 Christmas and my birthday crying and throwing up. Called his office and when he finally got back to me he said the pharmacy must have got it wrong I called my pharmacy and looked online under my health plan and he was the one not the pharmacy who gave me the wrong dose. He also because I changed ADHD medication because I had it in my purse my old prescription he took my pills
Marisa in Palm Harbor, FL – Jul 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
This "doctor" was very dismissive of anything I had to say. He would not let me finish one sentence before interrupting me. I just moved to Florida from Memphis and needed some refills of medication - medication that for the past 2 years has worked wonderfully. He told me that my dose was way too high and that he wanted to lower it. I told him repeatedly that I was feeling the best I have felt in YEARS! He still insisted it be lowered. I found him to be arrogant and unprofessional.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Carolyn Dover in Largo, FL – Jun 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
A psychiatrist who needs his own therapist to help with his narcissism. Jerk almost killed me, had to be hospitalized after he drastically changed my meds when I was already bad off. He even told me I wasn't depressed. Doesn't listen, he'll figure out what's wrong with you on his own apparrently.
Palm Harbor, Fl – Feb 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
While very intelligent, Dr. Haas is a terrible listener and very difficult to talk to. He is arrogant. He barely makes I contact, just rushes you out of his office. He has messed up my Rx's too many times to count and makes changes to my meds without consulting me. I have had so many problems when my medication is his only job!
SEB in Palm Harbor, FL – Oct 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Dr Haas is a wonderful caring person. He has worked with me through some very difficult times over the last few years. His office manager Nicole is so nice to talk to she always brightens my day. I can call her and she works so hard to fit me in around my work schedule. Thank you Nicole.
Tommy S in Tampa, FL – Oct 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Haas?