Dr. Joseph Haas, MD

Adult Psychiatry •  Male • Age 55

Dr. Haas

Joseph Haas MD

2430 Estancia Blvd Ste 104 Clearwater, FL 33761

Dr. Joseph Haas, MD is a Adult Psychiatry Specialist in Clearwater, FL and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Michigan Medical School medical school in 1990. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Haas to book an appointment.

Compare with other Adult Psychiatry Specialists

Compare Dr. Haas with our nearby Adult Psychiatry Specialists at Largo Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Largo Medical Center today at (727) 258-5186.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Largo Medical Center.

Dr. Haas' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Haas

3.0

1.2195121951219512%

Dr. Haas?
Competent enough in medication management but consistently late (1 hour+) for appointments, overbills, and left me feeling generally swindled and not cared for. I booked him because he had the most and soonest openings, I understand why that is now. Should have trusted the bad reviews here.
Nov 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Excellent and staff is outstanding. Professional, efficient and caring describes DR. Haas's office.
Cathay Gleeson – Jul 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
He gets the job done without a lot of unnecessary nonsense. Doesn’t beat around the bush. If something needs to be said he says it.
May 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Patient, kind, helpful, concerned with my well-being
Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
I felt that Dr. Haas was very good at listening to all my concerns and provided proper treatment plan for us going forward to help with my issues. He was very mindful of all my concerns and offered helpful suggestions for every single one of them. I am very satisfied with my visit and look forward to my next one. The staff were very nice and helpful and able to get me in quickly, which definitely puts them ahead of other offices who have waits months away. They were very kind and welcoming.
Apr 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
"Doctor" Haas began adjusting my medications as of the first visit. I complained about sleep problems, so he lowered my sleep meds. Yes, you read that correctly. He doesn't listen, talks over you, and bills your insurance insane amounts of money for ten minute visits. I've only seen him 4 times, yet he is already just repeating the same innane advice constantly. I'm somewhat articulate, but simply don't have the words to express how strongly I suggest that you find a different doctor.
Mar 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Very informative and helpful. I learned a lot in the 1 hr I spent with him. Looking forward to learning more,
Judy in Holiday, FL – Feb 08, 2019
Very bad doctor. Beware!
Dec 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Dr. Haas made time to see me after I was in serious distress after 3 medication changes. HOWEVER, these were changes he made after barely listening to my input. I made it clear initially, if we were going to alter medications, we do them one at a time. That way we'd know which was causing side effects. This didn't happen. I ended up in my GP's office bawling. Just like many others noted, he talks over you. Also, I was scheduled every week. Now found what I think is overbilling, Just be careful.
Clearwater – Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Dr. Haas is a great psychiatrist - he has helped my 23 yr old son who is drug induced MDMA Psychotic, Schizophrenic effective Bi-Polar, a real tough case indeed. Dr. Haas is a true professional.
Jeffrey in Clearwater – Nov 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Dr. Haas is very professional and uses the latest medical protocols in addition to his years of experience. I recently moved to Florida and needed a new Psychiatrist and I could not be more pleased!! He is willing to listen and has successfully adjusted my meds. I recommend him highly!
SM in Reddington Shores – Oct 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Dr. Haas has given me my life back. He listens, jokes, understands and provides amazing advice. He is always available when I need an appointment and NEVER rushes me out of the room. I have never spent less than 25 min with him, which is saying a lot for doctors these days. His only front office worker Nicole is so nice and pleasant. Always goes above and beyond. I am thankful for them both and would highly recommend Dr Haas.
Cammie in Clearwater, FL – Sep 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Dr Haas messed up my medication and actual gave me Effexor tablets when I was on extended release capsules. I spent 2016 Christmas and my birthday crying and throwing up. Called his office and when he finally got back to me he said the pharmacy must have got it wrong I called my pharmacy and looked online under my health plan and he was the one not the pharmacy who gave me the wrong dose. He also because I changed ADHD medication because I had it in my purse my old prescription he took my pills
Marisa in Palm Harbor, FL – Jul 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
This "doctor" was very dismissive of anything I had to say. He would not let me finish one sentence before interrupting me. I just moved to Florida from Memphis and needed some refills of medication - medication that for the past 2 years has worked wonderfully. He told me that my dose was way too high and that he wanted to lower it. I told him repeatedly that I was feeling the best I have felt in YEARS! He still insisted it be lowered. I found him to be arrogant and unprofessional.
Carolyn Dover in Largo, FL – Jun 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
A psychiatrist who needs his own therapist to help with his narcissism. Jerk almost killed me, had to be hospitalized after he drastically changed my meds when I was already bad off. He even told me I wasn't depressed. Doesn't listen, he'll figure out what's wrong with you on his own apparrently.
Palm Harbor, Fl – Feb 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
While very intelligent, Dr. Haas is a terrible listener and very difficult to talk to. He is arrogant. He barely makes I contact, just rushes you out of his office. He has messed up my Rx's too many times to count and makes changes to my meds without consulting me. I have had so many problems when my medication is his only job!
SEB in Palm Harbor, FL – Oct 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Dr Haas is a wonderful caring person. He has worked with me through some very difficult times over the last few years. His office manager Nicole is so nice to talk to she always brightens my day. I can call her and she works so hard to fit me in around my work schedule. Thank you Nicole.
Tommy S in Tampa, FL – Oct 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
Dr Haas is the bomb! Professional, knowledgeable and caring.
Jack Hendrick in Clearwater, FL – Aug 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
I have had a good experience with Dr. Haas, he has been very helpful with my problems. I have only been there 4 times now, but I am finally starting to feel better thanks to his help. I like the fact that his office is small, quiet and located in a cute tranquil area. His assistant Nicole is just the sweetest person I have ever met. I would recommend Dr. Haas to anyone that has a mental health issue.
Carol in St. Petersburg, FL – Jul 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?
My favorite thing about Dr. Haas is how he is always available for emergency appointments. It is almost impossible to get in immediately to see a psychiatrist in this area. You have to wait months just to get an initial appointment. I like that I don't get turfed to a nurse practitioner or PA. He also takes an interest in my overall health and not just my mental health. Also his admin. is so friendly and helpful!
Lydia E. in Palm Harbor, FL – Jul 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Haas, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Haas?

individualized treatment plan and care including psychotherapy and medications when indicated, all provided by a board certified psychiatrist with 20 years experienced

• Adult Psychiatry

Duke University Hospital
1990
University of Michigan Medical School

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Haas communicate via email?

1 user said no. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Haas offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Haas offer an online patient portal?

1 user said no. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Haas have free onsite parking?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Haas offer weekend visits?

1 user said no. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Haas offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (727) 723-2442