Dr. Joseph Haas, MD

Adult PsychiatryMaleAge 56

Dr. Haas

Joseph Haas MD

2430 Estancia Blvd Ste 104 Clearwater, FL 33761

Dr. Joseph Haas, MD is a Adult Psychiatry Specialist in Clearwater, FL and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Michigan Medical School medical school in 1990. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Haas to book an appointment.

Compare with other Adult Psychiatry Specialists

Compare Dr. Haas with our nearby Adult Psychiatry Specialists at Largo Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Largo Medical Center today at (727) 440-4823.

These providers are on the medical staff of Largo Medical Center.

Dr. Haas' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Haas

2.9

Dr. Haas
Dr Haas sabotaged my chances at the only therapy that has been effective for me. Ketamine therapy. I had been through 8 ketamine treatments in an inpatient facility that set me up with Dr Haas. I had been on literally about 30 different antidepressants with no significant improvement. I was approved by the psychiatrist and would have thought continuing my treatments as an outpatient would be a forgone conclusion. After waiting almost a month for doctor Haas to type up a simple letter stating I am not schizophrenic, and calling at least five times, I was informed that Dr Haas recommended that I not receive Ketamine Infusion Therapy due to my history of substance abuse. Over ten years in my past and that I continue antidepressant therapy. Even though my history speaks to the fact that this was completely ineffective for me. He wanted to make me solely reliant on his practice. To be a mental health professional that is working against his own patient’s mental health is sick!
Steve – May 11, 2021
Competent enough in medication management but consistently late (1 hour+) for appointments, overbills, and left me feeling generally swindled and not cared for. I booked him because he had the most and soonest openings, I understand why that is now. Should have trusted the bad reviews here.
Nov 08, 2019
Excellent and staff is outstanding. Professional, efficient and caring describes DR. Haas's office.
Cathay Gleeson – Jul 29, 2019
He gets the job done without a lot of unnecessary nonsense. Doesn’t beat around the bush. If something needs to be said he says it.
May 31, 2019
Patient, kind, helpful, concerned with my well-being
Apr 18, 2019
I felt that Dr. Haas was very good at listening to all my concerns and provided proper treatment plan for us going forward to help with my issues. He was very mindful of all my concerns and offered helpful suggestions for every single one of them. I am very satisfied with my visit and look forward to my next one. The staff were very nice and helpful and able to get me in quickly, which definitely puts them ahead of other offices who have waits months away. They were very kind and welcoming.
Apr 16, 2019
"Doctor" Haas began adjusting my medications as of the first visit. I complained about sleep problems, so he lowered my sleep meds. Yes, you read that correctly. He doesn't listen, talks over you, and bills your insurance insane amounts of money for ten minute visits. I've only seen him 4 times, yet he is already just repeating the same innane advice constantly. I'm somewhat articulate, but simply don't have the words to express how strongly I suggest that you find a different doctor.
Mar 16, 2019
Very informative and helpful. I learned a lot in the 1 hr I spent with him. Looking forward to learning more,
  • Long wait times
Judy in Holiday, FL – Feb 08, 2019
Very bad doctor. Beware!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Dec 07, 2018
Dr. Haas made time to see me after I was in serious distress after 3 medication changes. HOWEVER, these were changes he made after barely listening to my input. I made it clear initially, if we were going to alter medications, we do them one at a time. That way we'd know which was causing side effects. This didn't happen. I ended up in my GP's office bawling. Just like many others noted, he talks over you. Also, I was scheduled every week. Now found what I think is overbilling, Just be careful.
  • Long wait times
Clearwater – Jan 25, 2018
Dr. Haas is a great psychiatrist - he has helped my 23 yr old son who is drug induced MDMA Psychotic, Schizophrenic effective Bi-Polar, a real tough case indeed. Dr. Haas is a true professional.
Jeffrey in Clearwater – Nov 06, 2017
Dr. Haas is very professional and uses the latest medical protocols in addition to his years of experience. I recently moved to Florida and needed a new Psychiatrist and I could not be more pleased!! He is willing to listen and has successfully adjusted my meds. I recommend him highly!
SM in Reddington Shores – Oct 20, 2017
Dr. Haas has given me my life back. He listens, jokes, understands and provides amazing advice. He is always available when I need an appointment and NEVER rushes me out of the room. I have never spent less than 25 min with him, which is saying a lot for doctors these days. His only front office worker Nicole is so nice and pleasant. Always goes above and beyond. I am thankful for them both and would highly recommend Dr Haas.
Cammie in Clearwater, FL – Sep 21, 2017
Dr Haas messed up my medication and actual gave me Effexor tablets when I was on extended release capsules. I spent 2016 Christmas and my birthday crying and throwing up. Called his office and when he finally got back to me he said the pharmacy must have got it wrong I called my pharmacy and looked online under my health plan and he was the one not the pharmacy who gave me the wrong dose. He also because I changed ADHD medication because I had it in my purse my old prescription he took my pills
Marisa in Palm Harbor, FL – Jul 29, 2017
This "doctor" was very dismissive of anything I had to say. He would not let me finish one sentence before interrupting me. I just moved to Florida from Memphis and needed some refills of medication - medication that for the past 2 years has worked wonderfully. He told me that my dose was way too high and that he wanted to lower it. I told him repeatedly that I was feeling the best I have felt in YEARS! He still insisted it be lowered. I found him to be arrogant and unprofessional.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Carolyn Dover in Largo, FL – Jun 22, 2017
A psychiatrist who needs his own therapist to help with his narcissism. Jerk almost killed me, had to be hospitalized after he drastically changed my meds when I was already bad off. He even told me I wasn't depressed. Doesn't listen, he'll figure out what's wrong with you on his own apparrently.
Palm Harbor, Fl – Feb 17, 2017
While very intelligent, Dr. Haas is a terrible listener and very difficult to talk to. He is arrogant. He barely makes I contact, just rushes you out of his office. He has messed up my Rx's too many times to count and makes changes to my meds without consulting me. I have had so many problems when my medication is his only job!
SEB in Palm Harbor, FL – Oct 18, 2016
Dr Haas is a wonderful caring person. He has worked with me through some very difficult times over the last few years. His office manager Nicole is so nice to talk to she always brightens my day. I can call her and she works so hard to fit me in around my work schedule. Thank you Nicole.
Tommy S in Tampa, FL – Oct 01, 2016
Dr Haas is the bomb! Professional, knowledgeable and caring.
Jack Hendrick in Clearwater, FL – Aug 17, 2016
I have had a good experience with Dr. Haas, he has been very helpful with my problems. I have only been there 4 times now, but I am finally starting to feel better thanks to his help. I like the fact that his office is small, quiet and located in a cute tranquil area. His assistant Nicole is just the sweetest person I have ever met. I would recommend Dr. Haas to anyone that has a mental health issue.
Carol in St. Petersburg, FL – Jul 29, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Haas?

individualized treatment plan and care including psychotherapy and medications when indicated, all provided by a board certified psychiatrist with 20 years experienced

Please visit my website for more information about my practice, new patient forms and Blogs. http://pinellaspsych.com

• Adult Psychiatry