Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD
Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Bingham Farms, MI. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Guettler is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Royal Oak Campus.

24255 W 13 Mile Rd Ste 100

• Golden Rule
  • HAP Insurance

Learn about Dr. Guettler

Dr. Guettler's Experience

Dr. Guettler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

• Ankle Fracture
  • Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Surgery
  • Neuroplasty
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Wm Beaumont Hospital

Dr. Guettler has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Guettler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Guettler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Guettler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Guettler to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Guettler's Performance
in Huntington Woods, MI 48070 |
All good experiences in Dr. Joe's care. He and his staff run an very well organized, patient -comfort centered office. I've always left my appointments feeling he had listened to my issues and determined treatment that truly worked into my lifestyle. I appreciate that he's concerned about me being able to continue my life activities with the least disruption and discomfort. VERY IMPORTANT to me is his respect for my time...never the nightmare, never ending reception room and exam room waits !
Livonia, MI |
Dr. Joe scoped my knee (meniscus) and my husband's. Dr. Joe is great. He's caring. Accommodating. And, he really knows what he's doing. Our outcomes were excellent.
in St Clair Shores, MI |
Dr. Guettler has been wonderful. He did an excellent job repairing my rotatorcuff and bicep. I would recommend him to anyone who needs surgery. Mike Bellish
in Lake Orion, Mich. |
When I saw Dr. Guettler for my knee pains, I was immediately assured that I went to the right place. His office staff is kind and understanding and he is informative, efficient and he made sure I understood his plan of care. His OR team is an extension of the same and all of them are GREAT! I Iexperienced minimal pain post-op and am almost 100% back to full range of motion after only a few weeks. Being a nurse, I was impressed by him and his office and OR teams. Dr. Guettler indeed ROCKS!
in Silverwood, MI |
I was in a car accident on June 23, 2015 and started seeing a doctor out of Troy, MI. After having 2 shoulder surgeries with that doctor and being extremely frustrated with my pain level/progress, I decided to seek a second opinion. After seeing Dr. Guettler, he decided to go in for surgery yet a 3rd time. I am 3 months post-op and just saw him today and both he and I are so happy with my progress. I am almost pain free and am almost graduated with PT! I can't say good enough things about him!
in Troy MI |
I have had several procedures done by Dr. Guettler, he takes his time to explain exactly what is going to happen, answered all my questions and above all is an excellent surgeon.
in Royal Oak, MI |
I had been nursing a painful shoulder for over a year, and had already been through a course of physical therapy. Went to Dr. Joe on the recommendation of a friend. Nice, easy-going, smart, efficient; I felt very confident going ahead with the surgery that he had explained. I am now three months post-op, am just finishing physical therapy, and am doing great. Home exercises for a while, but I once again have almost full use of the arm and shoulder. Great job!
in Whitmore Lake MI. |
Doctor Guettler is an experienced, professional and caring surgeon. When I went to him he diagnosed a long standing and severe torn rotator cup. He promised to try to repair it but because of the longevity of the injury and its severity all he might be able to do is to clean around it and provide some relief. He remained me again of this when I was being prepared for surgery. An hour later he came to my husband smiling ear to ear telling he he was able to repair it. He is a true professional.
in Flint, MI |
Dr. Guettler is AWESOME!! He's energetic, involved, and enthusiastic about my recovery as if it is his own. He understands my goals to get back to playing and he works to ensure a speedy, yet thorough recovery. I would recommend him 1000x over!
Bloomfield Hills, MI |
Dr Guettler has operated on both my shoulders with excellent results, and i am back to my full activities
in Clinton Twp, MI |
My husband and I are both patients of Dr. Joe. Dr. Joe did successful rotator cuff surgery on my husband, and has treated me with injections for knee pain. In our estimation he is the best!
in Dearborn, MI |
Total experience was fantastic from diagnosis to surgery and recovery.
in Gaylord, MI |
Dr Joseph Guettler in my onion is the best. He was through in every way and was there to help us in any way he could. Thanks Dr Joe your the best.
in Macomb, MI |
My son had a failed acl reconstruction done by another surgeon. He needed to have a revision surgery, and that surgeon recommended Dr. Guettler. His revision surgery could not have gone better and his knee is now stable. If other orthopedic sports medicine surgeons are recommending him, they must know something.
in Howell, Mi |
I had ACL replaced and meniscus repair 3 months ago and I couldn't be happier! Dr Joe is amazing! Absolutely would recommend him! Office staff is pleasant and accommodating.
in Waterford, Michigan |
Had shoulder repair in May by Dr Guettler. Very impressed with office staff, physician interactions, scheduling of surgery and post op care and rehab by their therapy group. Especially appreciated that there was minimal wait time for office visits which I have not experienced in other orthopedic offices. Thank you all! Keep up your great care! Have recommended this group to many
in West Bloomfield, MI 48322 |
I am a 92 year old patient I have had Rheumatoid Arthritis for 30+years and have pain in my knees and shoulders and surgery was not recommended. I was referred to Dr. Joe Guettler for shots to relieve the pain in the shoulders. The shots have given me relief for 8 months. He deserves the 5-Stars Rating for his care,and treatment would highly recommend him.
in Birmingham, MI |
So far, have had a great surgical outcome and working with Dr. Guettler has been a absolute pleasure.
in Dearborn, MI |
When I injured my right shoulder, I was told that Dr. Guettler was the best! From the moment I entered his waiting room and was greeted by his staff, I was impressed. They made me feel comfortable in every way. Dr. Guettler was very informative and supportive. He addressed my pain and let me know that he would fix the injury. My surgical experience was perfect. I went to therapy as directed, and each post-op visit with Dr. Guettler was a good experience. I am ready to return to work soon.
in New Baltimore, Michigan |
Amazing doctor that I would (and have been) highly recommending to everyone I know!!
Highland, MI |
This recent exam and surgery was my second encounter with Dr. G. Dr. Guettler performed surgery on my left shoulder approximately 3 years earlier. He absolutely gained my confidence. I have been with Henry Ford for over 30 years and yet I came to Dr. Guettler for care to my shoulders. The support I received from other elements of his office; esp. Operations Manager, was most appreciated.
in Rochester Hills, MI |
Everything about this office and doctor is great. There is a bit of a wait time to get an appointment, but no more so than other orthopedic offices I've seen (and I've seen quite a few lately between my son and I). This physician in particular - I've never seen such a HAPPY doctor in all the years I've been going to see them!!!
Detroit, MI |
Dr. Guettler performed 2 procedres at once on my knee. He repaired a torn ACL and damaged cartilage that was causing a lot of pain under the knee cap. I consulted with a number of doctors however I felt the most comfortable with Dr. Guettler. He is very experienced in cartilage repair and new exactly the type of procedure I needed. I am now a year out of surgery and my knee feels great. I am slowly getting into the types of activities I was doing before the surgery. Thank you Dr. Guettler.
in Rochester, MI |
I have seen Dr. Guettler over the past 5 yrs for knee and shoulder problems.I have always received excellent care and advise! After conservative treatment for all my problems, I did have R shoulder arthroscopy with SLAP repair 2013, and more recently a L shoulder arthroscopy (Feb 2016). I recommend Dr. Guettler to all my family and friends. I work in the OR and work with many different Orthopedic surgeons, Dr. Guettler is a good surgeon and he really cares about his patients and their recovery!
in Stockbridge, MI |
Drive 90 mins when my local Ortho doc referred me o Dr Guettler for my hockey related knee injury. He got me back on my feet faster than expected. Great Doctor! Would recommend him for sports and ortho related problems.
in Waterford, MI |
Dr. Guettler is a excellent Orthopedic Doctor, he is all about finding out what is going on with your concerns and starting a treatment plan to get you back to feeling as close to 100% as possible. All aspects are taken to heal the injury without surgery unless absolutely needed. His office staff are very pleasant and professional. Dr. Guettler is a Very Good doctor and you wont be waiting forever to get in to see him and the office wait time is very short when you get in to see him.
in Bloomfield Hills, MI |
I am so pleased with the medical treatment that I have received from Dr Guettler for my knee and related problems. He is thorough and to the point, listening carefully for key information and is prompt in analysis and practical and to the point with advice. I think he is a very smart doctor.
Troy, MI |
I had a shoulder injury that plagued me for almost a year before I went in. It was very debilitating. I went to Dr. Guettler. In very short order, I was diagnosed(labral tear), had surgery, and almost fully recovered within 8 months. It's been almost 3 years since my surgery, and still going strong! He does great work!
in Northville, MI |
Dr. Guettler was very knowledgeable and friendly, he addressed my shoulder issues promptly and they have since been resolved. The staff was very nice and there was very little wait time.
in Waterford, MI |
I have been to Dr. Guettler's office a number of times for a variety of Injuries (Blown out shoulder; torn ACL; 2 herniated discs - saw Dr. Biglin for those?same office). The staff is exceptionally friendly, efficient, and professional. I leave there each time knowing that everything will be taken care of and all I have to do is sign my name. As far as Dr. Guettler is concerned, he is a highly knowledgable surgeon who tells you exactly how things are and what he expects from you.
in West Bloomfield, MI |
Joe listens carefully to your problem, then examines, just as carefully. He takes time to care for you
in Waterford, MI |
Dr. Joe ordered the appropriate tests to determine the extent of damage from my injury. Once he had made a full diagnosis, he suggested Physical Therapy as the initial treatment. The physical therapy worked, and I was able to avoid surgery. Furthermore, Dr. Joe has personally followed up with me on two separate occasions to make sure that I am healing properly and my range of motion is returning, and my pain level has diminished.
in Bloomfield Township, MI |
Typical middle age meniscus issue...Dr.Guettler was quick and concise on his suggestions for treatment.
I saw him in elementary school and honestly cannot believe all the negative reviews he has. No one else believed me that my wrist was broken, as it wasn't very swollen and didn't appear bruised, but Dr. Guettler was fantastic, took an X-ray, and found a greenstick fracture. Probably the best experience I've ever had with any kind of medical professional, and there have been a lot.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
Are you Dr. Guettler?