Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD

Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD

Sports Medicine  ·
Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Bingham Farms, MI and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine in 1996 and specializes in sports medicine, orthopedic surgery, and more.

24255 W 13 Mile Rd Ste 100

Bingham Farms, MI 48025

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • CareSource
  • Cofinity

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check if Dr. Guettler treats your condition or procedure

• Elbow Arthroscopy
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neuroplasty
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteochondritis Dissecans
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery

Dr. Guettler?
Dr. Guettler's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Excellent. Very professional, down to the point and very knowledgeable. I felt very taken care of. I had my surgery in January and I am very confident in the treatment, post op directives and PT plan prescribed in order to get me back to 100%. I highly recommend Dr. Guettler and his staff to anyone without hesitation. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
After ten years of chronic pain from arthritis and more recently the pain of a torn rotator cuff, thanks to Dr. Guettler I a pain free. I am three months post op and have full range of motion and I can sleep again. Dr. Guettler's friendly manner, high energy and true concern for me as a patient, instilled confidence that he would do his best to fix my shoulder. I can't thank Dr. Guettler enough for giving me my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Guettler by a family member who was very happy with the results of his knee surgery. Dr. Guettler performed shoulder surgery on me 5 weeks ago. I have almost 100% ROM and am almost totally pain free. I am thankful to Dr. Guettler for the terrific results of his surgery. He is kind, caring, funny, high energy and very direct with his recommendations. His PA and office staff are warm friendly people and very supportive. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Guettler.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
I met Dr Guettler about 8 months ago for knee pain, which he took care of. I asked him about my left shoulder which always ached so I received a cortisone injection and its been fine ever since. I went hunting in November and tore my rotator cuff in my right shoulder. I saw him and we decided surgery was best. I'm 64 so... We discussed further and it was the best move I made. I'm 6 weeks out and have almost full ROM. I'm elated with my results. Excellent surgeon and personable. Thanks Doc!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
Dr. Joe fixed fixed my knee and was great to work with. Great bedside manner and a skilled surgeon. If i ever need another tuneup, this is who I will go to see.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
Dr. Guettler has performed two surgeries on me. In 2019, I had surgery on both knees (meniscus arthroscopic). When I came to him I was in a lot of pain and could hardly walk. Now during my recovery I already feel much better. He has always been straight forward with me with a lot of confidence, in return I have trust in him. I have already recommended him to several people and I would never go to anyone else. Great job to him and his staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
Nervous that I had waited too long to have a procedure preformed, Dr. Guettler was very confident he could fix the problem and he did.
great
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
Dr. Guettler has performed two surgeries on me. In 2016 I had shoulder surgery and two weeks ago I had arthroscopic knee surgery. Both surgeries have been successful (and the last one totally pain free). Dr. Guettler does not push surgeries which I respect, he attempt to work with you as best he can until surgery is the last resort.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
the best doctor around. I would recommend him to anyone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
From michael vanderlaan. Dr Joe. What an intelligent,funny,down to esrth genuinely carrying Surgeon. I could write a book on Dr Guettler and his staff. Kelly and his Physical therapist. They treat You like family. Obviously Dr Joe does. I lived in Tennessee and had my 2nd and 3rd shoulder surgery done and traveled from Tennessee just to go back to him. 2006 he did my 1st one. All my fault. Injuries. I wouldn't go anywhere else to have another Dr do any ortho work. Only Dr Joe.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
Saw Dr Guettler after a severe dislocated shoulder. At the time, I had visited other orthopedic doctors who recommended therapy first. Dr Guettler, his physical therapist and assistant recommended arthroscopic surgery for the multiple issues and trauma to the shoulder. The goal was to stabilize the joint, then focus on flexibility. Procedure went well, very little pain, followed with passive therapy. Six months later, I have nearly 100% range of motion. VERY highly recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Guettler from my primary care physician for an abscess. This was not Dr. Guettler's specialty, but he saw me anyway, was very kind and helpful and honest. He recommended I see another surgeon and didn't even charge a visit! That evening, he took the time to call to give me some more information about where I could have it taken care of quickly. I have never had a doctor treat me so kind and be so generous with his attention and time. He is an amazing human being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
I would highly recommend dr. joseph guettler he has down to earth bed side manners tells it the way it is ! and takes care of the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
Dr Joe is the best...short and to the point...follows through with fabulous quality in his workmanship...nice job on my shoulder....Dr. Joe!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
All good experiences in Dr. Joe's care. He and his staff run an very well organized, patient -comfort centered office. I've always left my appointments feeling he had listened to my issues and determined treatment that truly worked into my lifestyle. I appreciate that he's concerned about me being able to continue my life activities with the least disruption and discomfort. VERY IMPORTANT to me is his respect for my time...never the nightmare, never ending reception room and exam room waits !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
Dr. Joe scoped my knee (meniscus) and my husband's. Dr. Joe is great. He's caring. Accommodating. And, he really knows what he's doing. Our outcomes were excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
Dr. Guettler has been wonderful. He did an excellent job repairing my rotatorcuff and bicep. I would recommend him to anyone who needs surgery. Mike Bellish
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
When I saw Dr. Guettler for my knee pains, I was immediately assured that I went to the right place. His office staff is kind and understanding and he is informative, efficient and he made sure I understood his plan of care. His OR team is an extension of the same and all of them are GREAT! I Iexperienced minimal pain post-op and am almost 100% back to full range of motion after only a few weeks. Being a nurse, I was impressed by him and his office and OR teams. Dr. Guettler indeed ROCKS!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Guettler, MD?
I was in a car accident on June 23, 2015 and started seeing a doctor out of Troy, MI. After having 2 shoulder surgeries with that doctor and being extremely frustrated with my pain level/progress, I decided to seek a second opinion. After seeing Dr. Guettler, he decided to go in for surgery yet a 3rd time. I am 3 months post-op and just saw him today and both he and I are so happy with my progress. I am almost pain free and am almost graduated with PT! I can't say good enough things about him!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Guettler?

Insurance accepted