Dr. Joseph Grant, MD

Dr. Joseph Grant, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Northern California Spine Institute 5725 W Las Positas Blvd Ste 200 Pleasanton, CA 94588 Get Directions

The spine program at the Northern California Spine Institute is designed to offer a variety of treatment options to patients suffering from back pain or neck pain. We recognize that spine problems may be a multi-faceted challenge and have designed our practice to help patients meet these different challenges by offering the resources and support they need to improve their condition.

Dr. Joseph Grant, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Pleasanton, CA. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Grant is affiliated with San Ramon Regional Medical Center, Sonora Regional Medical Center and Valleycare Medical Center.

Dr. Grant's Experience

See how Dr. Grant's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Grant

Dr. Grant accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Grant has admitting privileges.

Dr. Grant's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Grant to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Grant's Performance
Sonora, CA |
Dr. Grant has a very positive manor with his patients. He describes very clearly what needs to be done. He pays close attention to other potential concerns outside his area of expertise. He always has a very positive attitude. His PA is a great young man as well - always making the patient feel relaxed and comfortable.
in Danville |
Dr. Grant had immediate understanding of my back problem and recommended surgery ASAP based on the degeneration of nerves in my leg and foot. It became evident to me weeks later, as I mended, how close I had been to permanent nerve damage.
in Livermore, CA |
Would highly recommend him for your surgery. Surgery and follow up went great. No more pain... All the people in the office were great as well.. No long waits in waiting room. They get you right in.
Dr. Grant performed a fusion on my lower back. The surgery was a huge success and gave me my mobility back and a new lease on life.
in Placerville, CA |
I lost partial use of my left hand and hand numbness in the right. Surgery on my neck fixed both instantly. Dr. Grant's skills did the job, but the entire staff at his office and at the hospital in Pleasanton was impressive. Great care pre and post op.
Sonora, CA |
While my visit to his Pleasanton office was only to review the MRI for my herniated disc, Dr Grant rearranged his schedule to get it operated that day. This saved me days of excruciating pain while waiting to have the surgery performed in Sonora. 18 hrs after surgery I was able to WALK out of the spine center. In 2 days I was off my pain medication. The result was wonderful.
in Pleasenton ca |
This was an unsuccessful surgery. I should have used a neurosurgeon not an orthopedic surgeon. I am in horrible nerve pain and Dr grant accepts no responsibility.
in Twain Harte |
Left Twain Harte CA in an ambulance screaming in pain(two herniated disks). Did not want to "get cut on". Did and that started my recovery!! Dr Grant,his team in Sonora, and the surgery staff at the hospital in Pleasonton were amazing !!! On the road to recovery and thankful we have him. Tom Duross Twain Harte CA
in Pleasanton, CA |
Dr. Grant and his staff made it happen. They did what they said they would. Highly recommended.
in tuloumne, CA |
Dr. Grant, what a surgeon. He repaired two disks in my neck, along with other repairs on 08-17-16 and I feel better now than I have in years. Thank you again Dr. Grant
Pleasanton, CA |
Doctor Grant explained my problems throughly and helped me make decisions that wer best for me. Surgery was the last option he tried, together we worked and explored all options before surgery
in Pleasanton, CA |
Dr. Grant has given me back my life whereas other Spine doctors felt the remedy was pain pills. My MRI showed, Severe multilevel lumbar spondylosis the level most affected was at L4, L5-SI I was experiencing horrible pain down my leg all day & night. My livelihood was being affected, I was determined to get some resolution and I did with Dr. Grant. I had three fusions in April and I am pain free. I can do my water aerobics, walking, gardening, cooking and traveling now. He is the best.
in Carmel, CA |
Doctor Grant is a miracle doctor. My pain is completely gone. Robin his assistant is most helpful and has made this surgery be successful. I will always recommend him.
in Sonora, CA |
He was very calming and reassuring .
in Angels Camp, CA |
Dr. Grant seems, to this layperson, to be a outstanding surgeon and caring person. I would recommend him to anyone who asked me. The only drawback is the wait in the Sonora office, bring a book.
in Livermore, CA |
Listened, made eye contact, explained everything, answered questions, showed and discussed x-ray and MRI results.
Oakdale, CA |
Lack of compassion and does not listen to patient's needs and concerns. Triple books appointments so patients have very long time to sit in discomfort and pain while waiting to see the doctor.
in San Ramon, CA |
I came with back pain that turned out to be a cancerous tumor pressing on my spine. He took one look at my x-rays/reports and put me in the hospital until he could operate. The pre-admitting paperwork was done at his office and I was admitted to the hospital without delay. Dr. Grant explained the surgery to me, answered questions from my friends, and always told me want to expect. He is so highly regarded at ValleyCare Stanford that staff say they would only allow him to operate on them.
in Alamo, CA |
Great bedside manner and extraordinarily competent.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Grant, MD?
Are you Dr. Grant?

Compare Dr. Grant

}

Dr. Grant's Care Philosophy

Dr. Grant's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Grant has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Grant's Board Certifications

• Cervical Spine Reconstruction
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Low Back Procedure