Dr. Joseph Gondusky, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Jordan-Young Institute 5716 Cleveland St Ste 200 Virginia Beach, VA 23462 Get Directions
Dr. Joseph Gondusky, MD
I am a former Navy Commander and a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with subspecialty, fellowship training in hip replacement, total knee replacement, and partial knee replacement. I have extensive training in anterior approach total hip replacement ("jiffy hip"), minimally invasive surgery, computer-assisted surgery, and complex revision joint replacement. You can watch some short videos about joint replacement on my YouTube Channel: Search "Gondusky" on YouTube

Dr. Gondusky's Care Philosophy

As a sub specialist in adult joint replacement, I find it rewarding to be able to offer a patient in pain a life-changing intervention. I understand the significance of these procedures and ensure that each patient understands their condition and the options available for treatment.

Dr. Gondusky's Experience

See how Dr. Gondusky's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gondusky

Dr. Gondusky accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Gondusky is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Gondusky has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gondusky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gondusky to family and friends
Dr. Gondusky Says:

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with joint replacement and my practice.  I truly feel lucky to have the ability to offer surgeries that can improve your quality of life.  It means a lot to me to know that my patients are satisfied and happy with their care and outcome.  I look forward to continuing to serve you and the community.

Dr. Gondusky's Performance
Norfolk, VA |
I found Dr. Gondusky to be very personable and approachable. He has a great reputation with the hospital staff for his views on pain control and infection control.
Virginia Beach, VA |
Explains everything to you to your understanding. Extremely professional and caring. I could barely walk and was not sleeping due to the severity of my hip pain. I am pleased to be able to walk with minimal pain and I am only 4 weeks post op hip replacement. I would most definitely recommend Dr. Gondusky.
in NORFOLK, VA |
Dr. Gondusky and the Jordan-Young Institute were very professional and at the same time very personal during my office visit as well as during and after the surgery. He removed all concerns and fears and I would "HIGHLY" recommend him to anyone needing an orthopedic surgeon .
in Chesapeake, VA |
Dr. Gondusky is a great doctor. He is easy to talk to and answers all of your questions. He never try's to rush you out of the office. He did an excellent job on my total knee replacement. I would highly recommend him to anytwith knee issue.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I had a total knee replacement in early May and seven weeks later, I was helping my husband power wash our driveway and garage doors. To the surprise of everyone, I never had any pain in the hospital or at home afterwards and was walking without any assistance one week after surgery. Dr. Gondusky is a talented and skilled physician and far above the "ordinary" orthopedic surgeon.
in Chesapeake, VA |
I had a total knee replacement 4 weeks ago with Dr. Gondusky as my surgeon. I was confident with him from day one because he took the time to explain my pain and what I could expect from a knee replacement, to relieve this pain. He was gentle and kind and took time in the hospital to visit me often. He even called when he went out of town for one day to check and see how I was. I am still on the track for recovery but I would highly recommend Dr. Gondusky as your surgeon. Laura Cox
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I reviewed the biography of Dr. Gondusky and felt he was the one that I would feel most comfortable with. He was not rushed and answered all of my questions and was very reassuring. The hip surgery gave immediate relief to my pain and I was driving a week later and at 4 weeks all restrictions were removed and I was thrilled that I could ride my bike as well as other activities I hadn't engaged in because of pain. Don't wait-get it done and get on with living!
in Smithfield, VA |
I was referred to Dr. Gondusky by another orthopedic surgeon. Before my first visit I did some research online and found that Dr. Gondusky's credentials are impeccable, and he had done hundreds of replacements. I felt confident in his doing my hip replacement. My experience could not have been better. His warm personality combined with his skilled approach made him the perfect doctor for me. Here I am today, 6 weeks from my surgery, ready to resume my life. Thanks, Dr. Gondusky!
in Moyock,NC |
Great Doctor and great staff. He told you what to expect and very knowledgeable.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr.Gondusky has given me my life back. I was in denial as to the effect my worn out hip was having on my everyday life.I had become accustomed to the limits on my activity level .I am so overjoyed with the result of my hip replacement.I had very little post op discomfort and am now expierencing no limits to my daily routine. I can never thank Dr Gondusky enough.
Norfolk, VA |
Dr. Gondusky performed a partial knee replacement on me this past March, 2017. He is a great surgeon. Its only been 2.5 months, I'm back full speed. no more limping. No more pain. He is a skilled surgeon. If you are trying to decide on a doc to perform knee surgery go with Dr. Gondusky. I also understand that he is well liked by the surgical staff etc. This is an excellent sign. This doc is good. Just look at these reviews!!! He gets 10 stars from me.
in Portsmouth, VA |
My right knee surgery (knee replacement) was so complicated that two other Doctors from the Group would not consider the task and referred me to Dr. Gondusky for his opinion . Not only did he agree to do the surgery but, his experience from frontline injuries from treating Marines injured from IED's in Iraq made my surgery a piece of cake. I experienced almost zero pain and my recovery was fast and in less than a week I was mobile on my own. He is my favorite American hero. Thank so much.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Without hesitation, I can and will recommend Dr. Gondusky. I had a right hip replacement by Dr G in October that was very successful and my recovery went well. In April, 2017, he did a left hip replacement and, again, the surgery was successful and recovery speedy. He has been supportive and answered questions in a manner making it easy for me to understand. Dr. G's staff is professional, helpful and timely in their support. I am a satisfied patient and am privileged to have Dr. G as my doctor.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I first went to him to get a second opinion on why my knee was so painful. The first doctor wanted to give me a month's worth of physical therapy. After looking at my x rays and MRI of my knee, Dr. Gondusky assessed it was not my knee but my hip. He explained to me that the pain from the hip radiated to my knee. After the hip replacement, there is no more pain in the hip or the knee. He is a doctor I can trust many times over and will not hesitate recommending him to others.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I will be scheduling my wife for examination on her knees with Dr. Joseph Gondusky.
in Gates, NC |
Dr.Gondusky is a top notch,highly skilled Surgeon.He uses cutting edge technology coupled with his precise skills to ensure an excellent hip replacement with no complications. Dr.G is a regular guy.He explains things and answers questions in a way that's easy to understand. Dr.G's assistant,Rebecca is friendly and keeps the details straight and puts you in touch with the Doc. SentaraLeigh is 1st class Back to my crane tech job 1 month later.I have my strength and flexibility back.NO MORE PAIN !
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I had hip replacement on 4-20-17 Dr.Gondusky did a great job. No more pain. Back to work after a little over 4 weeks. I could not be happier. I would refer Dr. Gondusky to everyone.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Frankly I could not write a review well enough to convey my complete satisfaction with Dr. Gondusky! Everything on my hip replacement came off much, much better than my highest expectations. The good doctor even made his own rounds the next morning to check on me even though that is usually the physician assistant's duty. My new hip is awesome and I look forward to having my other hip replaced later this year and I'm not going anywhere but back to Dr. G!
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr. Gondusky was phenomenal in every aspect from the first visit through the total hip replacement and post-op care. Words cannot express my happiness in dealing with him! Dr. Gonduskey is very passionate about his work and patients. Do yourself a favor and get rid of your rotten hip and have Dr. Gondisky make you feel whole and painless again!
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I am 100% satisfied with the whole procedure from start to finish. Dr. Gondusky did a fabulous job and I highly recommend him!
Virginia Beach |
I had a full hip replacement done by Dr. Gondusky and he and his staff were amazing. He made sure I understood why the surgery was needed since I am not in the normal age to need a replacement, I had a fractured hip. He fit me into his schedule to get my surgery done since I was in so much pain. The surgery went perfect and I was out of pain the next day just like he said I would be. He and his staff took great care of me and I would highly recommend him to my friends and family.
in Chesapeake, VA |
Had total knee replacement surgery on my right knee on March 22nd, 2017.My particular surgery was complex, as my joint had deteriorated significantly. Dr. Gondusky made me aware prior to surgery that because of this, my surgery was not routine. Well, this review is being submitted on April 28th, and I'm thrilled to say that I am walking unassisted on my replacement. There is no pain, and very little swelling. Could not have asked for a better result!
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Excellent surgical experience. Great post op care. Dr. Gondusky is professional, extremely competent, and excellent communicator.
in Chesapeake, VA |
After putting off knee surgery for several years, I was told Dr. Gondusky was a very competent and very concerned with his patients feelings and their apprehensions. I felt very much at ease from my first appointment, my knee surgery was such a success I wish I had never waited so long, and thanks to Dr. Gondusky, I'm back to playing golf again, and enjoying walks, shopping, and life in general with no pain.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Excellent experience on all counts. My procedure was complicated, and he was very upfront with all the information I needed. I asked a ton of questions, which he took extra time to answer. I am very pleased with my outcome, a year and a half later. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing a hip replacement.
accomac, va |
Dr. Gondusky was a pleasure from start to finish. He took time to answer questions, explain the procedure, and the recovery. Best of all was the result. Although I am in very good shape and did a lot of pre-op strengthening, the outcome has been far better than I anticipated. Overnight at the hospital, off the strong pain meds when I left, then off Tylenol 2 days later. NO pain at all. I did not use a walker or cane. Back mountain biking in 51/2 weeks. BTW I'll be 75 next month.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I was in need of a serious knee replacement, my ability to walk was at state. I research Dr. Gondusky thru reviews and health care industry. The feedback was very positive. In my visit, he was very precise and ensuring what needed to be done. Being a little nervous, I elected to have the procedure. My experience was good and I'm returning to work after eight weeks. I would highly recommend him.
in elizabeth city, nc |
I recently had a knee replacement. Dr. Gondusky did a great job. He is easy to talk to and is interested in your feedback. I would definitely recommend him.
in Elizabeth City NC |
Dr. Gondusky is without a doubt the most caring, personable, competent doctor I have ever dealt with. He did a total knee revision and I have enjoyed the quickest and best recovery and most positive outcome of any of the nine surgeries I've had in my life. He visited me three times while I was in the hospital, and even called me at home to check on me several days after surgery. I thought those days were gone for good.
in Norfolk, VA |
I researched all orthopedic doctors in my region and chose Dr. Gondusky for knee replacement consideration - I'm glad I did. He provided a thorough, professional and supportive diagnosis. He answered my multiple questions to my satisfaction. There was no push to get surgery; he just provided options and recommendations for my consideration. I chose to have the surgery. Entire surgery process was smooth - six weeks later, I am pain-free with a healthy knee. I absolutely recommend Dr. Gondusky.
Very likely
in Chesapeake, VA |
I found Dr. Gondusky to be outstanding. He took time to respond to all questions providing understandable information. He explained my surgical procedure in detail providing accurate information regarding expectations, anticipated outcomes & follow-up rehabilitation. It is evident he cares about individual patients. His staff was outstanding promptly providing appointments, following up phone calls the same day & connecting with needed care providers. The team is professional & caring.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr. Gondusky really listened to my health concerns and together we reached the best solution. During my office visits and after care visits in the hospital, he wasn't in a rush. His concern for my well being was truly genuine. That is hard to find these days! My knee replacement went very well! I'm so thankful for Dr. Gondusky!!!!
in Elizabeth City, NC |
Dr. Gundusky is one of the best surgeons I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and so lucky he took on my difficult case. I am so much better because of him and have told everyone I know to go only to him with any orthopedic problems. Dr. Gundusky takes the time to listen and research your case and never rushes through your time with him he truly cares about his patients and takes pride in his work and it shows when you see all his patients smiling after having surgery. Top notch surgeon!
in Elizabeth city North Carolina |
Dr Gondusky did what no previous surgeon would do by doing a partial knee replacement for me. I'm just under 2 months from surgery my life an movement is so much better .I have nothing but great things to say about him,his staff are as great as he is. THANK YOU greatly for fixing my knee Dr Gondusky. Your a great surgeon!!!
in Chesapeake, VA |
Dr. Gondusky has performed total hip replacements on both my hips. He is knowledgeable, kind, and understanding. He never rushed through office visits. If after surgery you have a question, his office staff are available to answer questions and inform Dr. Gondusky of your needs. He called me back after I had a question during my recovery. He is a class act. I have referred him to friends and they have the same feedback as I do.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr. Gondusky is a highly skilled and caring surgeon with an engaging personality. He takes time to actively listen and respond to concerns. One month out from a hip replacement, I am thrilled with the results and the ease of my recovery: walking the first day, home the next, pain free today. From the pre-op class at the institute, to excellent care in-hospital, to home care by a PT that had been arranged for me before I left the hospital, this entire journey has been exceptionally rewarding!
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Great experience with my hip replacement surgery performed by Dr. Gondusky! Really appreciated his straight forward explanations and advice, I felt comfortable and reassured from the very first meeting. I'm amazed at how easy the procedure was for me and I would highly recommend Dr. Gondusky for replacement surgery.
in Chesapeake, VA |
Even though I had risks, he realized how many years I had suffered and the poor quality of life I had due to the damage of my left knee. He agreed to do the surgery and he did an excellent job.
in Suffolk, VA |
No comment at this time.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr. Gondusky replaced my right hip September, 2016. From our first meeting to discuss my painful hip, I was confident in his ability to take care of me. He was thorough in examination and diagnosis and took plenty of time to answer my questions. His professionalism and kind personality are impeccable. I have already recommended him to acquaintances and will continue to sing his praises.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
He inspired confidence in me about knee replacement surgery, he was a second opinion for me. He explains everything well, always takes time for another question. My surgery was successful and I am doing well at the age of 81.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I would recommend Dr. Gondusky to anyone needing hip replacement surgery. He assured me that the pain I was having would no longer exists upon having surgery and he was true to his word. Within a few days of surgery I was having no pain and I'm now currently walking and biking. I wished I had gone in sooner. Dr. Gondusky and his staff were wonderful to work with and answered any questions that I had.
in Kill Devil Hills, NC |
Dr. Gondusky was informative, good bedside manner, obviously highly skilled in his profession. He came highly recommended by his fellow doctors and former patients. He gets and A+ from me as a very satisfied patient.
in Norfolk, Va. |
Dr. Gondusky did all the right things ! He told me what I needed, and said it would last until I died, so I decided not to wait any longer. I have wonderful results in less than 5 weeks. He and his office staff were professional, and he himself was very attentive, especially in hospital. I will recommend him to all my friends !!
in Chesapeake, VA |
Excellent doctor. He knows his stuff. Very confident. He takes time to explain and answer questions. My surgery went very well. No complaints at all. Very satisfied.
in Portsmouth, VA |
I had hip replacement surgery in October. Dr. Gondusky and his staff were wonderful--pleasant, professional and helpful! Who knew that getting a new hip could be such a pleasant experience? I will definitely recommend Dr. Gondusky to family, friends and anyone else considering such surgery!
Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr. Gondusky actually listened to me. Surgery went smoothly and he made sure I was ok.
in Powells Point ,NC |
Excellent! The old lady was up and moving with a walker in two days after a hip replacement! Dr. Gondusky was very professional yet personable and caring!After attending rehab at Lake Taylor for 10 days the patient was walking easily with cane or nothing. Post op visit with Dr. Gondusky went very well! Patient and Dr. were very pleased with the progress !! The patient walked 1/2 mile with her out patient physical therapist today! Whoop! Whoop!
in Norfolk, VA |
Dr Gondusky was very focused on my care. He explained all my options very clearly and understandably. The outcome of my hip replacement is 100% successful. He was very caring and followed up to ensure my recovery was progressing well.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Gondusky, MD?
Are you Dr. Gondusky?

Compare Dr. Gondusky

Dr. Gondusky says...

I am a former Navy Commander and a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with subspecialty, fellowship training in hip replacement, total knee replacement, and partial knee replacement. I have extensive training in anterior approach total hip replacement ("jiffy hip"), minimally invasive surgery, computer-assisted surgery, and complex revision joint replacement.  You can watch some short videos about joint replacement on my YouTube Channel:  Search "Gondusky" on YouTube

Dr. Gondusky's Care Philosophy

Dr. Gondusky says...

I have completed both a residency in orthopedic surgery and fellowship training in joint replacement.  I am one of a few people who were able to focus significantly on anterior approach hip replacement in fellowship, getting expert training on the procedure.  Joint reconstruction fellowship allowed me to focus on partial and total knee replacement, hip replacement, and hip and knee revision replacement procedures.

Dr. Gondusky says...

I have published research and delivered national talks on hip and knee replacement.

Dr. Gondusky says...

Dr. Gondusky's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Gondusky has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gondusky's Board Certifications