Dr. Joseph Gondusky, MD

Dr. Joseph Gondusky, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
I am a former Navy Commander and a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with subspecialty, fellowship training in hip replacement, total knee replacement, and partial knee replacement. I have extensive training in anterior approach total hip replacement ("jiffy hip"), minimally invasive surgery, computer-assisted surgery, and complex revision joint replacement. You can watch some short videos about joint replacement on my YouTube Channel: Search "Gondusky" on YouTube

5716 Cleveland St Ste 200

Virginia Beach, VA 23462

• Optima Health
  • PHCS

Learn about Dr. Gondusky

See how frequently Dr. Gondusky performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Joint Pain
Knee Disorders
Osteoarthritis

Dr. Gondusky's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Gondusky "As a sub specialist in adult joint replacement, I find it rewarding to be able to offer a patient in pain a life-changing intervention. I understand the significance of these procedures and ensure that each patient understands their condition and the options available for treatment."

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Partial Knee Replacement

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Villanova University
  • Hoag Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Battalion Surgeon, 1st Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion
    Other Education | Completed 2005

Dr. Gondusky has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Gondusky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gondusky to family and friends
Dr. Gondusky Says:

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with joint replacement and my practice.  I truly feel lucky to have the ability to offer surgeries that can improve your quality of life.  It means a lot to me to know that my patients are satisfied and happy with their care and outcome.  I look forward to continuing to serve you and the community.

Dr. Gondusky's Performance
in virginia beach, va |
Dr Gondusky and team replaced my hip and life is good once again. I would recommend Dr Gorndusky and Jordon Young institute to anybody needing s hip replacement. . Very professional and compassionate group. Thank you Dr. Gorndusky!!
Norfolk, VA |
He takes time to get to know the patient and genuinely cares about them.
in Virginia Beach |
He thoroughly explained what would happen during my hip replacement and kept me and my family informed throughout the procedure and recovery. I couldn't be more pleased with the care I received and the outcome of my surgery.
in Elizabeth City, NC |
I put this off for years thinking i was too young for hip replacement (53), finally gave in and had left hip replaced Jan 2017. Opening eyes after surgery pain was gone, just tenderness from incision. Procrastinating caused my right hip to now be slightly damaged, went back in Oct 2017 to have it replaced. Best things I could have ever done! Can now walk pain free! Getting stronger with every passing day!
in Elizabeth City, NC |
Performed a total knee replacement on me, with amazing results. Was able to walk and move without pain beginning on the day of my surgery. I had been the victim of a botched surgery from another surgeon. Dr. Gondusky was able to implement a surgical solution that reversed the earlier failure and restored my ability to have a quality of life that I had been denied. My experience with him as well as the Jordan Young Institute team has been nothing short of miraculous. Heartfelt thanks to him.
in Norfolk, VA |
Dr. Gondusky Did an excellent job. I am very impressed with him as a doctor and if I need my other knee done I definitely want him to do it. I give him 5 stars
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Gondusky. He is very thorough that if you don't understand the medical term he will explains it where you do understand it. and the staff is very friendly and pleasant.
in Onancock, VA |
I had a great experience with his entire staff. I did the fast track total hip replacement, in Thursday and out Friday, driving in one week (with no meds). Dr. Gondusky answered all of my questions (and I had a lot). He was patient and thorough. He was easy to talk to. He also took me from where I was physically to where I wanted to be and better. His work is miraculous. We are fortunate to have access to his skill level
in Gates NC |
The hole operation from the time you walk in to his office to the time you come back after your surgery Hell I am back to walking normal an back to work. Think that says it all about my experience with Jordan Young an Dr Gondusky. Thanks
Portsmouth, VA |
Very competent but highly unprofessional manner. Confronted my mother in law with info about a mother patient and when corrected, never apologized. Wouldn't let him take care of my dog...
in NORFOLK, VIRGINIA |
I thing I might be the winner of postponing the knee operation for as long as possible. That was silly because now I am looking forward to having the other knee replaced. by Dr Gondusky. I could not ask for a better outcome. Every day I can do things that for years I was limited because of the pain in my right knee. He listens, cares, and is a really good surgeon.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I had both hips replaced by Dr Gondusky, excellent job. He and is staff are very professonal. Again excellent job.
Manteo, NC |
Great Dr who I highly recommend.
in Chesapeake, VA |
Excellent Doctor provides excellent care and informative. Should I need another knee replacement he will be the man.
in Norfolk, VA |
Excellent doc, quickly diagnosed problem. Told me up front options, then scheduled surgery promptly, back to normal activities.
in Knotts Island, NC |
Kindness goes a long way when treating a patient and does not cost a thing. I found Dr. Gondusky to be very kind. He listens to your questions, his answers you are able to understand. I am thankful I was able to experience his excellent care. Just a note, all the nurses on my unit at Sentara Leigh said Dr. Gondusky is who they would choose if a Orthopedic need arises for themselves or their family.
in Franklin, VA |
Dr. Gondusky did an outstanding job with my hip replacement. From A-Z all went extremely well. His post-op pain management was terrific....I literally had only very minor pain and then only a day or two.
Norfolk, VA |
I found Dr. Gondusky to be very personable and approachable. He has a great reputation with the hospital staff for his views on pain control and infection control.
Virginia Beach, VA |
Explains everything to you to your understanding. Extremely professional and caring. I could barely walk and was not sleeping due to the severity of my hip pain. I am pleased to be able to walk with minimal pain and I am only 4 weeks post op hip replacement. I would most definitely recommend Dr. Gondusky.
in NORFOLK, VA |
Dr. Gondusky and the Jordan-Young Institute were very professional and at the same time very personal during my office visit as well as during and after the surgery. He removed all concerns and fears and I would "HIGHLY" recommend him to anyone needing an orthopedic surgeon .
in Chesapeake, VA |
Dr. Gondusky is a great doctor. He is easy to talk to and answers all of your questions. He never try's to rush you out of the office. He did an excellent job on my total knee replacement. I would highly recommend him to anytwith knee issue.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I had a total knee replacement in early May and seven weeks later, I was helping my husband power wash our driveway and garage doors. To the surprise of everyone, I never had any pain in the hospital or at home afterwards and was walking without any assistance one week after surgery. Dr. Gondusky is a talented and skilled physician and far above the "ordinary" orthopedic surgeon.
in Chesapeake, VA |
I had a total knee replacement 4 weeks ago with Dr. Gondusky as my surgeon. I was confident with him from day one because he took the time to explain my pain and what I could expect from a knee replacement, to relieve this pain. He was gentle and kind and took time in the hospital to visit me often. He even called when he went out of town for one day to check and see how I was. I am still on the track for recovery but I would highly recommend Dr. Gondusky as your surgeon. Laura Cox
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I reviewed the biography of Dr. Gondusky and felt he was the one that I would feel most comfortable with. He was not rushed and answered all of my questions and was very reassuring. The hip surgery gave immediate relief to my pain and I was driving a week later and at 4 weeks all restrictions were removed and I was thrilled that I could ride my bike as well as other activities I hadn't engaged in because of pain. Don't wait-get it done and get on with living!
in Smithfield, VA |
I was referred to Dr. Gondusky by another orthopedic surgeon. Before my first visit I did some research online and found that Dr. Gondusky's credentials are impeccable, and he had done hundreds of replacements. I felt confident in his doing my hip replacement. My experience could not have been better. His warm personality combined with his skilled approach made him the perfect doctor for me. Here I am today, 6 weeks from my surgery, ready to resume my life. Thanks, Dr. Gondusky!
in Moyock,NC |
Great Doctor and great staff. He told you what to expect and very knowledgeable.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr.Gondusky has given me my life back. I was in denial as to the effect my worn out hip was having on my everyday life.I had become accustomed to the limits on my activity level .I am so overjoyed with the result of my hip replacement.I had very little post op discomfort and am now expierencing no limits to my daily routine. I can never thank Dr Gondusky enough.
Norfolk, VA |
Dr. Gondusky performed a partial knee replacement on me this past March, 2017. He is a great surgeon. Its only been 2.5 months, I'm back full speed. no more limping. No more pain. He is a skilled surgeon. If you are trying to decide on a doc to perform knee surgery go with Dr. Gondusky. I also understand that he is well liked by the surgical staff etc. This is an excellent sign. This doc is good. Just look at these reviews!!! He gets 10 stars from me.
in Portsmouth, VA |
My right knee surgery (knee replacement) was so complicated that two other Doctors from the Group would not consider the task and referred me to Dr. Gondusky for his opinion . Not only did he agree to do the surgery but, his experience from frontline injuries from treating Marines injured from IED's in Iraq made my surgery a piece of cake. I experienced almost zero pain and my recovery was fast and in less than a week I was mobile on my own. He is my favorite American hero. Thank so much.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Without hesitation, I can and will recommend Dr. Gondusky. I had a right hip replacement by Dr G in October that was very successful and my recovery went well. In April, 2017, he did a left hip replacement and, again, the surgery was successful and recovery speedy. He has been supportive and answered questions in a manner making it easy for me to understand. Dr. G's staff is professional, helpful and timely in their support. I am a satisfied patient and am privileged to have Dr. G as my doctor.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I first went to him to get a second opinion on why my knee was so painful. The first doctor wanted to give me a month's worth of physical therapy. After looking at my x rays and MRI of my knee, Dr. Gondusky assessed it was not my knee but my hip. He explained to me that the pain from the hip radiated to my knee. After the hip replacement, there is no more pain in the hip or the knee. He is a doctor I can trust many times over and will not hesitate recommending him to others.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I will be scheduling my wife for examination on her knees with Dr. Joseph Gondusky.
in Gates, NC |
Dr.Gondusky is a top notch,highly skilled Surgeon.He uses cutting edge technology coupled with his precise skills to ensure an excellent hip replacement with no complications. Dr.G is a regular guy.He explains things and answers questions in a way that's easy to understand. Dr.G's assistant,Rebecca is friendly and keeps the details straight and puts you in touch with the Doc. SentaraLeigh is 1st class Back to my crane tech job 1 month later.I have my strength and flexibility back.NO MORE PAIN !
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I had hip replacement on 4-20-17 Dr.Gondusky did a great job. No more pain. Back to work after a little over 4 weeks. I could not be happier. I would refer Dr. Gondusky to everyone.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Frankly I could not write a review well enough to convey my complete satisfaction with Dr. Gondusky! Everything on my hip replacement came off much, much better than my highest expectations. The good doctor even made his own rounds the next morning to check on me even though that is usually the physician assistant's duty. My new hip is awesome and I look forward to having my other hip replaced later this year and I'm not going anywhere but back to Dr. G!
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr. Gondusky was phenomenal in every aspect from the first visit through the total hip replacement and post-op care. Words cannot express my happiness in dealing with him! Dr. Gonduskey is very passionate about his work and patients. Do yourself a favor and get rid of your rotten hip and have Dr. Gondisky make you feel whole and painless again!
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I am 100% satisfied with the whole procedure from start to finish. Dr. Gondusky did a fabulous job and I highly recommend him!
Virginia Beach |
I had a full hip replacement done by Dr. Gondusky and he and his staff were amazing. He made sure I understood why the surgery was needed since I am not in the normal age to need a replacement, I had a fractured hip. He fit me into his schedule to get my surgery done since I was in so much pain. The surgery went perfect and I was out of pain the next day just like he said I would be. He and his staff took great care of me and I would highly recommend him to my friends and family.
in Chesapeake, VA |
Had total knee replacement surgery on my right knee on March 22nd, 2017.My particular surgery was complex, as my joint had deteriorated significantly. Dr. Gondusky made me aware prior to surgery that because of this, my surgery was not routine. Well, this review is being submitted on April 28th, and I'm thrilled to say that I am walking unassisted on my replacement. There is no pain, and very little swelling. Could not have asked for a better result!
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Excellent surgical experience. Great post op care. Dr. Gondusky is professional, extremely competent, and excellent communicator.
in Chesapeake, VA |
After putting off knee surgery for several years, I was told Dr. Gondusky was a very competent and very concerned with his patients feelings and their apprehensions. I felt very much at ease from my first appointment, my knee surgery was such a success I wish I had never waited so long, and thanks to Dr. Gondusky, I'm back to playing golf again, and enjoying walks, shopping, and life in general with no pain.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Excellent experience on all counts. My procedure was complicated, and he was very upfront with all the information I needed. I asked a ton of questions, which he took extra time to answer. I am very pleased with my outcome, a year and a half later. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing a hip replacement.
accomac, va |
Dr. Gondusky was a pleasure from start to finish. He took time to answer questions, explain the procedure, and the recovery. Best of all was the result. Although I am in very good shape and did a lot of pre-op strengthening, the outcome has been far better than I anticipated. Overnight at the hospital, off the strong pain meds when I left, then off Tylenol 2 days later. NO pain at all. I did not use a walker or cane. Back mountain biking in 51/2 weeks. BTW I'll be 75 next month.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
I was in need of a serious knee replacement, my ability to walk was at state. I research Dr. Gondusky thru reviews and health care industry. The feedback was very positive. In my visit, he was very precise and ensuring what needed to be done. Being a little nervous, I elected to have the procedure. My experience was good and I'm returning to work after eight weeks. I would highly recommend him.
in elizabeth city, nc |
I recently had a knee replacement. Dr. Gondusky did a great job. He is easy to talk to and is interested in your feedback. I would definitely recommend him.
in Elizabeth City NC |
Dr. Gondusky is without a doubt the most caring, personable, competent doctor I have ever dealt with. He did a total knee revision and I have enjoyed the quickest and best recovery and most positive outcome of any of the nine surgeries I've had in my life. He visited me three times while I was in the hospital, and even called me at home to check on me several days after surgery. I thought those days were gone for good.
in Norfolk, VA |
I researched all orthopedic doctors in my region and chose Dr. Gondusky for knee replacement consideration - I'm glad I did. He provided a thorough, professional and supportive diagnosis. He answered my multiple questions to my satisfaction. There was no push to get surgery; he just provided options and recommendations for my consideration. I chose to have the surgery. Entire surgery process was smooth - six weeks later, I am pain-free with a healthy knee. I absolutely recommend Dr. Gondusky.
Virginia Beach, VA |
Very likely
in Chesapeake, VA |
I found Dr. Gondusky to be outstanding. He took time to respond to all questions providing understandable information. He explained my surgical procedure in detail providing accurate information regarding expectations, anticipated outcomes & follow-up rehabilitation. It is evident he cares about individual patients. His staff was outstanding promptly providing appointments, following up phone calls the same day & connecting with needed care providers. The team is professional & caring.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr. Gondusky really listened to my health concerns and together we reached the best solution. During my office visits and after care visits in the hospital, he wasn't in a rush. His concern for my well being was truly genuine. That is hard to find these days! My knee replacement went very well! I'm so thankful for Dr. Gondusky!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Gondusky, MD?
Are you Dr. Gondusky?