Dr. Joseph Gira, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Ophthalmology Consultants Ltd 12990 Manchester Rd Ste 201 Saint Louis, MO 63131 Get Directions
Dr. Joseph Gira, MD

I strive to provide the best surgical outcomes possible. My volume of surgery and cumulative experience in the operating room provides a major advantage in treating difficult cases successfully, avoiding all complications, and ensuring excellent visual outcomes. I treat every patient like they are family and always shoot straight.

...See Less

Dr. Gira's Experience

See how Dr. Gira's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gira

Dr. Gira accepts 21 insurance carriers

Dr. Gira is now accepting new patients
Ophthalmology Consultants Ltd12990 Manchester Rd Ste 201
Saint Louis, MO 63131
(314) 909-0633Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Gira has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gira's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gira to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Gira's Performance
in St. Louis, MO |
I saw Dr. Joseph Gira in May and June 2017 for bilateral cataract surgery and lens implantation. I am very pleased with the testing procedures before the surgery as well as Dr. Gira's recommendations for lens implant selection. He and his staff were very thorough in follow up care and answering all my questions and concerns. I would highly recommend Dr. Joseph Gira.
St Louis, MO |
I was recently referred to Dr. Gira by my Optometrist for a Cataract Evaluation and to say the least I was pleasantly surprised. At first it seemed a little overwhelming by the amount of testing and people you meet. But then you meet with him and you understand why all of it was necessary. Dr. Gira helped me understand the process of the visit and what to expect during and after cataract surgery. He is very knowledgeable and at the same time comforting. 5 Stars!! Thank You Dr. Gira!!
in St Louis, MO |
Myself and my family have been coming to Dr. Gira and his staff for over 10 years. He has excellent bedside manner and took his time to answer all our questions regarding surgery. Dr. Gira did Lasik on both my husband and myself and we could not be happier with the results. It helps that his staff is super friendly too. We would not want to go anywhere else for our eyecare needs!
in St Louis, MO |
I have seen Dr. Gira for several years and have referred several of my friends and family to him. Recently I saw him for an emergency and was, again, impressed how efficient, knowledgeable and caring he is. I always recommend Dr. Gira!
in Maplewood, MO |
Dr. Gira has been seeing my parents and myself for years now. He just recently saw my husband for cataract surgery and I was, again, amazed at how seamless the process was. Dr. Gira took the time to explain everything to my husband and even within the first day after surgery he could see so much better! Thanks Dr. Gira!!!
in Valley park mo |
I had both of my eye surgeries a year ago. I had cataracts removed and multi focal lenses put in. I too paid $7000. I have had a terrible time. My eyes burn and are red all the time. I went back in and they checked my eyes and said they are fine. It is allergies. I did not have this problem before surgery so why now. I was charged $250 each time I went back. I can't afford this and really wish I would have not had this done.
Ms. Lohr, I sincerely apologize for the delay in responding, until now we did not have a process for checking online reviews. I will contact you to set up a no charge appointment with Dr. Gira for an evaluation of your symptoms since you had not seen him post-operatively. Thank you, Cathy Williams
Lake Saint Louis, MO |
I was given eye numbing drops prior to cataract surgery but then was put in a bed and wheeled into a corner and left there for hours. My eyes were no longer numb when Dr. Gira performed the surgery. It was extremely painful and traumatic. When seeing a partner doctor the next day for a follow up and telling him about it, he said, "Maybe you just like to complain." I would NEVER let friends or family use this group of doctors!!
I am so very sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us. The surgery center is a separate entity but both the nurses and anesthesia group should have been more attentive to your needs and I can reach out to the administrator to address these issues. I would also like to address the bedside manner of the physician that saw you post-operatively. Please contact me at 314-686-4412 as I would like to discuss your experience further.
in Defiance MO |
My experience with Dr. Gira and the staff at Ophthalmology Consultants was excellent. Dr. Gira performed a thorough examination of my eyes and cataracts prior to surgery. He fully explained the procedure for removing cataracts and answered all questions I had. The staff at Ophthalmology Consultants was caring, courteous and operated in a very professional manner. I would recommend Dr. Gira and Ophthalmology Consultants for anyone in need of cataract removal.
Eureka, MO |
Was told I was a perfect candidate for upgraded lenses - out of pocket $7,000.00. Would only need readers for very tiny print. Never saw the surgeon at any visit after surgeries. Although I kept saying I couldn't see clearly, went undiagnosed with a serious complication for six months afterwards until I went to another dr. My end result is that I am out $7,000 and wearing tri-focal glasses to be able to see.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Gira, MD?

Compare Dr. Gira

Dr. Gira says...

I strive to provide the best surgical outcomes possible.  My volume of surgery and cumulative experience in the operating room provides a major advantage in treating difficult cases successfully, avoiding all complications, and ensuring excellent visual outcomes. I treat every patient like they are family and always shoot straight.

Dr. Gira's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Missouri not available

Dr. Gira has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gira's Board Certifications

Hermann Eye Ctr, Univ Of Tx Hlth Science Ctr

Completed in 1999

Umkc Sch Med

Graduated in 1995

Dr. Gira does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gira and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology