Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Joseph Doctora, DDS
Dr. Doctora graduated from Michigan State University where he received a B.S. in Physiology. He then went to the University of Michigan where he attended dental school. Upon graduation, he was accepted to the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, Florida. It is there he served for one year as an intern in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department. He completed his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Nashville, Tennessee at Meharry Medical College. He is board certified from the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons as well as the American Dental Board of Anesthesiology and the American Board of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine. He has an academic appointment at Meharry Medical College as an Adjunct Assistant Professor where he also trains residents. Dr. Doctora limits his practice to Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. He holds dental licenses in Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama. His Smyrna, Tennessee practice has been open since 2002 and his Spring Hill, Tennessee practice has been open since 2003. Originally from Michigan, he now makes Nashville his home with his wife and children.

366 S Lowry St

Smyrna, TN 37167

• Private HealthCare Systems
  • Signature Health Alliance

Learn about Dr. Doctora

Our goal at OMS Specialists is to ensure the highest possible level of care and patient safety. Our office team puts the patient's needs first and foremost in all decision-making and we make sure that patients are educated and have all of their questions answered prior to treatment.

When visiting our practice for consultations and treatment, you will be warmly welcomed by our friendly staff. We pride ourselves on providing a serene atmosphere that promotes patient comfort. We look forward to serving your needs with care and compassion.

We will treat all of our patients with respect and loyalty, as we feel honored to be chosen as their health care provider.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Maxillofacial Surgery
  • Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Teeth Extraction

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• B.S., Physiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mi
  • Meharry Medical College
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • University Of Michigan / School Of Dentistry
    Other Education | Completed 1994

Dr. Doctora has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Doctora does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Doctora and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Doctora's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Doctora to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Doctora's Performance
in Spring Hill, TN |
Dr. Doctora is the most awesome dentist we have ever been to. And being in my 60's we have been to a lot of them. He literally makes you feel like you're a celebrity and his dental work is absolutely phenomenal. He even called us later that evening on his cell phone to check up on my wife to see how she was doing! We have never had that happen. I know that he has an office in Smyrna and in Spring Hill and if you are in driving range of either of them this is where you want to go hands down.
in Spring Hill, TN |
Found Dr. Doctora on my provider list. After looking at all reviews of the several providers listed I chose Dr.Doctora. His reviews were positive & seemed well liked by his patients. When I got to the Spring Hill office it was nice and clean. Staff was nice and so was Dr.Doctora. He had great bedside manor & listened to my concerns. This was a major bonus as I have not had the best experience with dentist in the past. Dr. Doctora personally called that evening to check on me. Will tell friends
Nashville, TN |
The Smyrna office seemed very small and outdated. There are no actual rooms for patients. The dental chairs are lined in an open area separated by small shelves. The doctor seemed rushed and not very experienced. Will not return bc I did not feel comfortable in the staff or environment.
Knoxville, TN |
My visit with Dr Doctora was great. He was very professional, quick and effecient. He showed me compassion and checked up with me after the visit. I was glad to have him as my surgeon and thankful for the work he did!
in Mufreesboro, TN |
Dr. Doctora removed four of my wisdom teeth. He is very humble and professional. He listened to all of my concerns about the procedure. He discussed several alternative methods to perform the procedure in a manner that would satisfy my concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Doctora to everyone. He takes the time to listen and discuss procedures in a respectful and professional manner to clients. He was great.
Murfreesboro, TN |
He and his staff are very welcoming and I had no pain after having two teeth removed at the same time. Best ever in my book!
in Nashville, TN |
WOW Dr. Doctora is Awesome!! I never thought having two extractions in one visit would be so pleasant and unbelievably fast he's outstanding!!
Tyler, TX |
Dr. Doctora and staff were excellent professionals with my case. I was there for a consultation but since I was moving out of state in a few days, they made sure I could be treated the same day. Dr. Doctora personally called me twice to follow up and check on me. Highly recommended!
in Murfreesboro, TN |
I've seen Dr. Doctora twice now and time went far better than I could have expected. The staff are all very courteous and professional and Dr. Doctora himself is awesome; he was very mindful of comfort and completed each procedure faster than cleanings i've gotten before. Each time I was seen in less than 20 minutes, even though the second time I walked with an emergency with no appointment. After each Dr. Doctora called me to make sure I was doing ok. Amazing care here!
in nashville |
Excellent Experience! Doctor Doctora removed a mucocele from my lower lip. He took his time and explained the procedure thoroughly. In addition, he and his staff were very kind, attentive and patient. The follow up was more than just a mandatory call. I would highly recommend this physician and staff for any oral surgery concerns or procedures.
in Smyrna, TN |
My experience with Dr. Doctora was very pleasant. From the minute I walked into his office I was greeted by his staff who made me feel comfortable and not to mention the unique decoration of his office. I was there for an extraction of my wisdom tooth and me being a person that fears the dentist I was very nervous but Dr. Doctora and staff were very nice and professional they made me feel comfortable .I will definitely recommend Dr Doctora to family and friends when in need of an oral surgeon.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Excellent Oral Surgeon. Very Professional with a dedicated professional staff. Very caring and very observant to the patients needs. I Highly recommend him for any Oral Surgical requirements one might have. Comes highly recommended by other Dentists within the Murfreesboro community. Keep up the great Professional Work Sir. Ron Nall
in Lebanon, TN |
I was in need of three implants and was a little apprehensive as I had never had this type of procedure. I was very pleased with the professionalism and caring displayed by the Doctor and staff. All procedures were clearly explained and I received follow up calls from the Doctor after each visit. The process could not have been easier. The entire process was pain free from start to finish. I highly recommend Doctor Doctora for this procedure and will use him in the future as needed.
in La Vergne, TN |
I've had several experiences with Dr. Doctora. They have all been excellent. He is professional and very skilled. Recently I had gone to another dental office (bad move on my part) and they put me through H___ trying to extract a tooth, twice. I finally called Dr. Joe and got in very quickly. He was able to extract it with a minimal amount of discomfort and I have had no problems afterward. You are in good hands when you go to him. My wife has also been to see him with excellent results.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Doctora is a wonderful oral surgeon! I went to him for my wisdom teeth removal and had a great experience. I did not have to wait to see him and he removed all 4 wisdom teeth in about 45 mins. His office was very neat and clean and his staff is amazing. I would definitely go to him for any other oral surgery. If you are looking for an oral surgeon, please choose Dr. Doctora!
in Lavergne,tn. |
Dr doctora has saved me in so many ways my teeth and financially he's a gentleman he's fantastic at what he does .I don't have that much money and he's helped me out with my severe teeth problems. I would suggest to him to anyone, thank you Dr doctora if you need workdone he's the man to see
in Chatsworth, GA |
I have seen Dr Doctora since 2013 with implants upper and lower. Dr explained the procedure through out the process. Great dentist, good communicator. I have and will continue to recommend Dr Doctora.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
I had a dental implant with Dr. Doctora. At the fist visit, he explained the whole procedure in details. He did exactly what he explained over the next few visits. He also called me for follow-up checks after every visit. I am completely satisfied with him.
in Smithville, TN |
Dr Doctora is very gentle I would recommend him to anyone........
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Doctora is a very compassionate oral surgeon. He listens to you and recommends treatments within your budget. He helps you with your dental problems and makes sure you don't stay in distress.
in Murfreesboro |
Was referred to Dr. Doctora by my pcp...got in to see him immediately. Friendly, helpful staff and knowledgeable, compassionate Doctor. I am not the average patient, and Dr. Doctora made me feel comfortable and gave me answers to what had been plaguing me...all quickly, conveniently, and affordably. Very pleased with my experience and will refer friends and family to Dr. Doctora!
in Spring Hill, TN |
great staff, and excellent dentist. he pulled 3 teeth in 5 minutes. without pain
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Doctora, DDS?
Are you Dr. Doctora?