Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Joseph Depietro, MD
What inspired you to become a doctor? I am the son of a nurse and a mechanic, so from an early age I had an appreciation for both the value of working with one's hands as well as going into a profession where I could help others. I find myself very fortunate to be able to do both! Why did you become an ENT/Otolaryngologist? I went into Otolaryngology due to the versatility it provides. As otolaryngologists, we treat surgical and non-surgical issues in a broad spectrum of patients that range from newborns to geriatric patients. It can be a very rewarding specialty to be able to help so people from so many walks of life. Within Otolaryngology, I have pursued further training in the care of Voice, Swallowing and Airway disorders. These are functions people tend to take for granted when functioning normally. When they aren't normal, it becomes evident how much a change in the voice or difficulty swallowing can effect one's work performance and social interactions. I really enjoy being able to help improve someone's quality of life with one of these disorders. How do you want your patients to remember you? I hope that patients under my care can experience respectful, friendly and complete care. I also aim to provide complete counseling on the diagnosis and routine follow up until the problem has resolved. As healthcare is a "team" sport, I also make it a point to keep the patient's other providers updated. My ultimate aim is that patients leave with a greater understanding of their health and know that I am there to help them through any ups and downs that occur.

Riverhead Office

400 Old Country Rd Ste 16

Riverhead, NY 11901

Learn about Dr. Depietro

Dr. Depietro's Experience

Dr. Depietro's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Board certified in Otorhinolaryngology

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Laryngology

• Otorhinolaryngology
    Accredited by: American Board of Physician Specialties*

No malpractice history found for New York.

• SUNY Binghamton
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ
    Medical School | Graduated 2010
  • Boston University School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015
  • U C S F Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. Depietro has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Depietro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Depietro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Depietro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Depietro to family and friends
Dr. Depietro's Performance
Poughkeepsie, NY |
I give my highest recommendation to Dr. D! I was referred by another ENT for a vocal cord polyp. He is clearly knowledgable and has great bedside manner. I had to drive to see him but he was very patient and answered all questions.
in White Plains, NY |
Dr. DePietro recently removed a cyst from my vocal cord. He is knowledgeable, extremely competent and professional. Prior to and after the surgery he kept me thoroughly informed about all relevent, related issues. His team during the surgery were excellent as is the speech pathologist with whom I am working to help bring my voice back to full strength.
Bronx, NY |
I was referred to Dr. DePietro by another ENT for a larynx problem I have been having. Not only was he professional and knowledgeable.....he has a great personality and a sense of compassion. Dr. DePietro's office staff was fantastic as well. I would highly recommend him.
in Southampton, NY |
Very positive experience with Dr. Depietro. He took the time to talk and explain any concerns I had. Was a master during an office procedure and has a great bedside manner. In my opinion he chooses the tests that you need wisely, and doesn't put you through unnecessary ones.
in East Hampton NY |
I was referred to Dr. Dipietro by another doctor in the practice, Dr. Bratt, for further evaluation on a problem I was having with my larynx caused by silent reflux. Dr. Dipietro put me at ease and the exam of my larynx was painless and informative. I was able to see what the probe was seeing on a monitor which was very helpful. A conservative treatment was recommended to try first and then more corrective treatment was suggested if my problem persisted. Great practice.
in Long Island, NY |
I already recommend him to my friends, and my husband is now one of his patients. I have quite a few diagnosis', and he really treats me as though he is part of my team. It is not 'you' or 'I', it is 'we', when he discusses my treatments, etc. I feel as though I am very important to him. He is very knowledgeable, so I know I am safe in his care. While in search of a neurological diagnosis for years, my first visit with him FINALLY led my neurologist to a diagnosis! He is my Hero!! He Cares!
DR D is an incredible doctor with a great presonality. I had a procedure on my throat in his office to improve my voice. He did an amazing job and made me feel very comfortable throughout the visit and I would reccomend him
in Hampton Bays, NY |
Dr. Aliphas is excellent at explaining what he finds and what the options are. Very thorough and very, very patient. Never feel rushed.
in East Setauket, NY |
I was very uncomfortable with 2 nasal balloons blood still dripping for last 5 hours. Office took me as a new patient almost right away. Dr. De Pietro removed both balloons and proceeded to insert a more efficient means to stop the bleeding. He was very calm which helped me relax and I was very happy with his solution. Removal was done as quick and with little pain. He has a very good sense of humor and I will highly recommend him. Thank you.
in Riverhead, NY |
Dr. Depietro is easily the best doctor I've ever seen. He's friendly, thorough, extremely knowledgeable, and he really cares about helping his patients. Each time I saw him, he listened to what was going on with me, was honest about the diagnosis, and clearly laid out all the treatment options. I highly, highly recommend him and wish all my doctors were as great as Dr D!
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Depietro, MD?
Are you Dr. Depietro?

101 Nicolls Road
Stony Brook, NY 11794

Sleep Medicine Otolaryngology
Ear, Nose, and Throat
Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)