Dr. Joseph Demeter, MD

Dr. Joseph Demeter, MD

General Surgery  |
122 reviews

Dr. Joseph Demeter is a Phlebologist serving Springfield and Dayton areas for more than 24 years. Dr. Demeter is experienced in Varicose Vein Treatment and General, Laparoscopic, and Vascular Surgery. He is also a professional member of the Ohio State Medical Association and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Professional Associations Fellow of the American College of Surgeons Ohio State Medical Association Awards Upjohn Achievement Award for Excellence in the Clinical Arts and Outstanding Personal Qualities Specialties Varicose Vein Treatment General, Laparoscopic, and Vascular Surgery ...See Less

VeinSolutions & Demeter Surgical

• Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Husky Health

Learn about Dr. Demeter

Patient Testimonials

Would recommend to our friends.
The staff was very kind and helpful. Dr. Demeter is an experienced surgeon. I felt very comfortable and at home with everyone here. I was quickly attended to at every visit.
Very good
I was very pleased with the treatment I received from Dr. Demeter and his staff. They were very professional and attentive to my comfort and needs. I would not hesitate to recommend him to my friends and relatives.
I came to vein solutions because I had developed varicose veins and they were rapidly getting worse. Dr. Demeter thought it was a good idea to operate on my leg and fix my veins so there weren't and future complications. They got me in very quick for the surgery and it went very well. I healed up very quickly and was back to my regular routine in no time.
Dr. Demeter and his staff were very professional and great to work with. Dr. Demeter did an amazing job removing my very painful varicose veins. I feel so much better now and only regret not having the procedure done sooner.

Our mission statement says it best: “To provide the utmost quality in all aspects of vein and surgical care in a comfortable and friendly environment that provides the best possible patient experience.

Video

Dr. Demeter's Experience

Dr. Demeter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Lung Cancer
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis

• Appendectomy, Open
  • Biopsy of Breast
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Colectomy
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Breast Tumor
  • Femoral Hernia Repair, Open
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Vein Treatment
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• University Of Dayton
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1983
  • University of Cincinnati / Main Campus
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • University Louisville Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Loyola University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Demeter has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Demeter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Demeter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Demeter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Demeter to family and friends
Dr. Demeter's Performance
A very positive experience that met all my expectations. Very professional and kind; I have recommended to family, friends, and co-workers.
I had a great experience with Dr. Demeter. He and his staff are kind, caring and knowledgeable. They took time to answer all of my questions and I never felt rushed. I highly recommend Dr. Demeter.
Best staff very friendly
Dr Demeter was very personable, was always on schedule and provided excellent information throughout the entire process.
Very pleased with the whole procedure.
Dr. Demeter and his staff are so kind and personable, and very organized, which I appreciate! I came to this office for sclerotherapy to treat some unsightly veins in my legs. I was very pleased with the thorough exam and the treatment. I can't believe the improvement I've seen! Can't recommend this office enough!
When I first started this process I was unsure of what to expect. From the first day in the office I was greeted with very kind and professional people. They were very good about explaining the procedure and the entire process. After four operations I am finished and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Thanks to Dr. Demeter and his staff.
Dr Demeter was great to work with. He has excellent bedside manner and took the time to explain the procedure and answer any questions. His office staff was also very friendly and professional at all times.
Great results for treatment of varicose veins
This was totally a great experience. I learned a lot, and enjoyed talking with the doctor and his staff.
Dr. Demeter is a great doctor...skilled, experienced and well trained. The staff is amazing...friendly, qualified and hospitable. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone needing a vein procedure or general surgeon. The doctor has done several surgeries for me, as well as venous reflux surgery.
very personal and professional and knowledgeable
Everyone was super nice, helpful, friendly and did not rush me with my appointments. I am very pleased with the end result.
every person including the doctor was friendly, informative and expert. every step of process was positive
Great experience answered all my questions great results
The provider did a great job.
I could not ask for better vein care. Several options were explained to me and the experience was much better than expected.
When you enter Dr. Demeters' office you feel like you are in good hands. The entire staff looks professional and conducts themselves in the same manner. They take time to make you feel comfortable and address all of your questions and concerns. I was surprised but very pleased that Dr. Demeter follows up every procedure with a phone call to determine how are feeling and whether you need any additional help from his staff. I would definitely recommend him as a top health care provider.
Very good care and explanation of procedure.
I had surgery for same thing at another surgeons office and this experience was so much more relaxing. Staff is king and knowledgeable.
He is experienced as a surgeon in treating varicose veins, and his support staff is great.
Staff and Dr. Demeter took time to explain every procedure, answered all before and after procedure questions. I was very pleased with the results and the experience.
Easy to talk to. I think he did an excellent job on my legs.
Dr. Demeter explained from the very beginning what I needed done. Then as each different procedure was happening he and his nurse explained and talked to me the entire time. The entire staff from the office receptionist to the doctor were very friendly and welcoming.
Very positive experience and he explained every detail of the procedure. It was nice surprise Dr. Demeter called my Friday night after my procedure to check in on me.
Dr. Joe was excellent. Great sense of humor which was important to me. made me feel very at ease with all the procedures.
The procedure was not painful but the improvement was what I had wanted.
The staff was always friendly and took time to explain things, never felt rushed. It was easy to get scheduled in a timely manner. My veins before made me have very low self confidence and now a stranger would never know I had surgery, the results were great. My mom will be coming here next month and I am confident she will have great experience as well.
Dr Demeter and staff are very caring and provide a great experience from start to finish.
It was a great experience. I was happy to learn that the pain and discoloring could be easily fixed with simple procedures. I liked the way I was informed every step of the way. I ended up also coming back to have dark veins removed on both legs.
Everyone I met with in the office was very helpful and made my experience very good overall. I will definitely be back.
I had a very good experience throughout my entire procedure. Dr. Demeter took the time to explain everything in detail in regards to my surgery. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable also. I feel I received excellent care.
I walk five to nine miles a day without pain. Waking up in the morning is truly joyful for me!
Dr. Demeter and his staff were very personable and I enjoyed coming to this practice to get relief from my venous reflux!
my experience has been fantastic. everyone takes time to meet your needs and concerns. they make you feel like your family.
Dr. Demeter is knowledgeable , professional, and a gentleman. His office reflects his goodness and concern for all his patients. All offices should be run so well.
All the staff as well as Dr. Demeter all kind and caring. Professionally handled my vein issues.
Surgery to close varicose vein. Very easy process and great results.
Professional! Entire staff and Doctor Demeter was Awesome!
Doctor Demeter and his staff are exceptional. They explain all the pros and cons for the procedure and make sure you are very comfortable with your decision. The facility is very patient friendly and does not really feel like a doctors office. They provide water, coffee, and mints to make you feel very at home.
I want to thank Dr. Demeter and his staff for finding my diagnosis and fixing it. They are very helpful with everything. They answered any questions I had. Thank you again.
Very friendly, professional, and courteous staff.
Dr. Demeter took plenty of time with the examination and diagnosis. Treatment was professional and effective. No negative consequences.
Dr. listens, does great work and follows up until fully recovered and satisfied.
Dr. Demeter is very professional. He is concerned with my well being and treating me with the procedures that work best for me.
Great rapport with patients and staff is very helpful, especially helpful with insurance.
Everyone from staff to physician were professional and extremely friendly.
Friendly and profesional
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Demeter, MD?

Visit Dr. Demeter