Dr. Joseph Dayan, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery •  Male • Age 46

Dr. Dayan

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

16 E 60th St Fl 3 New York, NY 10022

Dr. Joseph Dayan, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from University Of Vermont / College Of Medicine in 2002 and specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery and breast reconstruction surgery.

Dr. Dayan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dayan

Dr. Dayan?
Dr. Dayan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Joseph Dayan, MD
Dr. Dayan was highly recommended by my breast surgeon at MSK for a preventative bilateral mastectomy (at 30 years old). He as kind as he is talented at his craft of reconstructing breasts under non-ideal circumstances. He made me feel comfortable and confident in my decision from day 1 and always afforded me attention, answering every question and setting expectations for each procedure in detail. He is truly an artist as much as he is surgeon. I am so grateful to Dr. Dayan and his entire team for his care and support during what otherwise could have been a challenging situation. I wish there were more doctors like him in this world!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Dayan, MD?
Dr. Dayan was the reason I chose to do my double mastectomy and reconstruction at MSK. I'm 30 years old, have the BRCA mutations and wanted to feel like myself if not better once everything was done. He was wonderful from the day I met him - listened to my concerns and directed us how to get there. The outcome is amazing - people don't believe they are reconstructed! I had some hiccups from the initial mastectomy and he took all precautions, played it safe and I healed ASAP. I think that's great - I didn't want a cowboy. I wanted someone who was gifted and an artist and who would take the time to do right for the best outcome of natural looking breasts. His team of nurses is seriously amazing too. I'd recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Dayan, MD?
He is very professional He took the time to answer all of my questions. He was very sympathetic to my needs. He did an excellent job with the reconstruction they like perfect. They are symmetrical and the same size before the surgery. I am very happy with my results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Dayan, MD?
Dr. Joseph Dayan is a gifted surgeon and a kind person. The complex reconstruction of my breast (lumpectomy) was superb. Dr. Dayan’s deft hands can stitch seamlessly like a couturier and sculpt breasts like Rodin. His uncompromising standards, humane approach to the patient’s care, and humble attitude are noteworthy and consistent. In addition, Dr. Dayan’s team of nurses and staff are friendly, helpful and efficient. I am eternally grateful to have been one of his lucky patients!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Dayan, MD?
r. Dayan is an excellent doctor and very skilled. He also is one of the rare few to actually have a "bed side manner". Some surgeons with his skill level have a superiority complex attached to it, BUT Dr. Dayan is personable and highly skilled. I would highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Dayan, MD?
in December of 2016 I drove 2.5 hours for an appointment with Dr. Dayan, I spent several hours at his office under going an extensive evaluation of my right arm Lymphedema ( a result of breast cancer surgery). When the evaluation was completed he said he would confer with 2 colleagues and call me with the recommendations for treatment. He never called me and did not return any of the 4 messages I left for him. I found his response to be both heartless and irresponsible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Dayan, MD?
Dr. Dayan is amazing in every regard. Recently when I was under his care in NYC, whenever anyone in the hospital asked who was my doctor, and I said, "Dr. Dayan" their response was immediate and genuine. They revered him, were in awe by his ability, and they all told me how lucky I was to have him as my doctor (which I already knew!). His expertise is matched by his care and concern for the patient. Best doctor ever.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Dayan, MD?
My experience is so wonderful. Dr. Dayan is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Dayan, MD?
Dr. Dayan's gifted surgery restored me to pain-free living. He performed a lymph node transfer surgery to treat my breast cancer related lymphedema and my lymphatic system is now functioning perfectly normally. I can't say enough about his skill, but also about his kindness, intelligence and empathy. He spent time with me, fully explaining everything that I would experience. He is supported by a superb staff - his PA, nurses and office staff are all top notch and love what they do.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Dayan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dayan?

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

2002
University Of Vermont / College Of Medicine
New York University

Dr. Dayan accepts

Dr. Dayan accepts the following insurance:

Commercial Insurance Company

• Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforator (DIEP) Flap
  • Deformities of Auricle or Pinna
  • Dermal Filler
  • Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Surgery
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Implant-Based Breast Reconstruction
  • Liposuction
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Oncoplastic Surgery
  • PAP Flap Breast Reconstruction
  • Perforator Flap Breast Reconstruction
  • Repair of Pigmentation Defect
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Skin Grafts
  • Third-Degree Burns
  • Wound Repair

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Dayan treats patients.