Dr. Joseph Daniel, DO

Dr. Joseph Daniel, DO

Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery  |
Dr. Daniel is an Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Thomas Jefferson Medical College and is the Residency Program Director of Orthopaedic Surgery at Rowan University. He completed Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C. and Fellowship Training in Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgery at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. Dr. Daniel has written numerous peer reviewed scientific papers, and several book chapters and has presented his research nationally and internationally on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the foot and ankle. He is currently involved in the development and design of specific implants for patients with deformity related to diabetes mellitus and trauma. He draws on his experience in the management of all aspects of foot and ankle surgery to include deformity correction, sports injuries, arthroscopy, reconstruction, fracture management, arthritis, neuromuscular conditions (to include stroke and cerebral palsy) and ankle replacement surgery. Dr. Daniel is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, where he serves as a member on two national committees. Dr. Daniel proudly served his country on active duty for 20 years and retired as a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Army.

327 Greentree Rd

Sewell, NJ 08080

• Amerihealth
  • Keystone Health Plan East
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Daniel

See how frequently Dr. Daniel performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair

Dr. Daniel's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Neuroplasty
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Mount Saint Mary's University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • UMDNJ-- New Jersey Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Walter Reed Army Medical Center
  • Johns Hopkins Hospital Foot and Ankle Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Daniel has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Member
  • American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, Member

Dr. Daniel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Daniel to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Daniel's Performance
Woodbury, NJ |
Dr Daniels caused me great emotional pain & personal injury. My ft is now broken.
Dear Patient, We would love to talk with you directly to gather more information about your experience. If interested, please contact us at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute
Philadelphia, PA |
My Dr. Daniel is the best from the beginning to the end!
in Washington Twsp NJ |
If ur not an athlete or someone who has good insurance don't go see this man. I'm a nobody with a work Comp related injury and had to hear at every visit how much he hates WC. Well it showed in his treatment. After reading his reports he left so much pertinent information out of his reports and also as I quote " I feel this patient is exhibiting malingering " (faking). Well 2 months later he is removing a broken screw. He doesn't document ur complaints and 14 mths later I'm still crippled!!
Dear Dina, We apologize for your experience and have been in touch with you directly to discuss your concerns. Please know that we value every patient and sincerely wish you the best in health. Rothman Institute
Dr. Daniel is the best!!
Best Doctor ever!!
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Daniel and Mallory were great! I would highly recommend to everyone!
Philadelphia, PA |
I had 2+ years of foot pain 1 podiatrist - 2 orthos and finally Dr. Daniels. He was the only one that dxed ra and I was able to get a rheumatology and get medication. It has made a huge difference in my pain level lifestyle. Thank you Dr. Daniels!
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Daniel was exceptional!
Philadelphia, PA |
Everything + everyone were great!
Philadelphia, PA |
Doctor Daniel is great in helping me with my foot/ankle
Philadelphia, PA |
Very happy with Dr. Daniels, and all the staff is explained in layman's terms to understand procedures, extremely friendly.
Philadelphia, PA |
Everyone was very professional, trusted with caring service
Philadelphia, PA |
Everyone at Rothman has always been friendly and kind. The doctor made me trust him immediately and relax!
Philadelphia, PA |
Everyone was friendly & helpful- It was my first surgery and everything went smoothly.
Philadelphia, PA |
New shoulder, 2 knees, ankle reconstruct. I don't know they are not mine. Happy man - no pain
Philadelphia, PA |
My experience was amazing! I recommend Rothman + Dr. Daniel to anyone! :-)
Dr Daniels + staff were all very caring + gave excellent care at all time
Excellent doctor!
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr Daniel is awesome, he has a agreat sense of patient care.
Philadelphia, PA |
Doctor Daniels so nice always answering questions is a wonderful doctor and man.
Philadelphia, PA |
I was very happy with the care I received from the Doctor & Nurses. This was my first surgery and they did an outstanding job.
Philadelphia, PA |
I had a total ankle reconstruction with Dr. Daniel and upon leaving surgery he claimed he had "never seen anything like it" but continued with the surgery. I now have permanent nerve damage in my foot and have needed two additional reconstructions to repair my ankle. Both surgeons state they he caused irreversible damage to my ligaments and tendons.
Dear Patient, We would love to speak with you directly about your concerns. If interested, please contact us at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Daniel was wonderful! He was caring, friendly and very personable! :)
I met with Dr.Daniels for a consult after an ultrasound detected a nueroma incontinuity in my ankle along with my tarsal tunnel syndrome. He said my chance of success would be 40% however he wouldn't consider me a candidate because I'm a smoker. He felt my foot pain was stemming from my back and suggested Dr.Conliffe.After an MRI confirmed it's not my back- Dr. Conliffe's office staff told me he does not treat foot pain. I missed one return callback and have not heard back,left 3 messages.
Philadelphia, PA |
Very pleased with entire experience.
Philadelphia, PA |
The staff are wonderful, Dr. Daniels gave me back my mobility. WONDERFUL!
Doylestown, PA |
I cannot say enough about Dr. Daniel. He properly diagnosed me and performed surgery to fix the problem. Not only that, I feel he truly cared about me as a person. He takes a great amount of time with his patients and throughly answers any questions you might have.
Philadelphia, PA |
very confident in my physician
Loved Dr. Daniel - awesome Doctor
Philadelphia, PA |
What turned out to be a extensive injury that needed surgery. My doctor was wonderful throughout all. Feeling so much better. Many thanks to all who helped along the way. especially Dr. Daniel. Great experience :)
Philadelphia, PA |
Great, after hours answering service wasn't great to use, only complaint.
Philadelphia, PA |
Love the personal care from the staff to the surgeon.
Philadelphia, PA |
Could not have asked for better care.
Bronx, NY |
Dr. Daniel is the best ortho I have ever had. He listens, he's concerned, he explains everything in everyday words. I have had this injury for 20 years now and I have to say he is the absolute best at what he does. I wish I would have found him earlier.
Excellent care received
Dr. Daniel is wonderful!
Philadelphia, PA |
Great guy - wonderful doctor with excellent medical advice!
Philadelphia, PA |
Really happy with the care and expertise I received on my left ankle. Very grateful for Dr. Daniel's help!
Dr. Daniel is the best!
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Daniel is such a kind, caring doctor. He has such a calming bedside manner. Explained everything in understandable detail. Great doc!
Philadelphia, PA |
Had great care - complete confidence in Dr. Daniel and would advise anyone to seek his care.
Williamstown, NJ |
My 1st review fell off this list so I want to update you. Never use this dr because if you have a complication out of his area of expertise, he cannot let go. I had an achilles repair 5 yrs ago for tears within my tendon. The incision split open at the 6th week. I was his guinea pig. He tried many times to repair it, only making it worse. 8 surgeries total. He wouldn't give the case to a wound dr. I now live with permanent nerve and muscle damage. I attend PT yearly to strengthen the foot & leg.
Dear Patient, We would love the opportunity to discuss your experience with you. Your feedback is valuable to us. If interested, please contact us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute
Narberth, PA |
Great experience. The surgical center was great too. I felt comfortable. Great staff all the way around!
Philadelphia, PA |
I had a great surgical experience with Dr. Daniel. He was very knowledgeable and forth coming with any questions I had. A big thank you to him and his staff.
in Galloway, NJ |
Great surgeon who is also very caring. He treated me like a friend not patient. Always there to answer any question.
Narberth, PA |
Dr. Daniel and the entire staff are amazing!
Narberth, PA |
Dr. Daniel was awesome, as was all of the staff.
Philadelphia, PA |
All of the staff have been beyond caring and patient with me. Dr. Daniel and Mallory are the best team - I trust them with my life. No complaints! I recommend Rothman all the time. I feel like family.
in Moorestown NJ |
I saw Dr. Daniels in May 2014 for a torn tendon and internal tear of the Achilles. He had told me the surgery would take 45 minutes, I had asked him to take 1 1/2 hours so we wouldn't have any problems. After the surgery I was in a lot of pain as to be expected. After the Meds were done I was still in severe pain, his office had told me it would take time. I was in a hard cast for 3-4 weeks that felt like my foot was going to rip through my skin. I've been dealing with NERVE damage sin
Dear Patient, Thank you for your feedback. We would love the opportunity to discuss your experience further. If interested, please contact us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute
in MAYS LANDING.Nj |
Dr DAniel is the most caring doctor I have ever had. I have had a lot of medical problems since I was born. I would recommend him to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Daniel, DO?

Visit Dr. Daniel