Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Joseph Como, DMD
Dr. Joseph Como, DMD is a dentist who practices in Hempstead, NY. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Como is affiliated with Mercy Medical Center, Long Island Jewish Medical Center and NYU Winthrop Hospital.

230 Hilton Ave Ste 104

• MetLife
  • Principal Financial Group
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Como

We understand that most if not all of our patients are walking in the door and are apprehensive about being here. We like to have a good time at the office, and feel that it helps to aleviate some of that worry. We consider ourselves one big family, and treat our patients as such.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Extraction of Wisdom Tooth
  • Impacted Tooth Removal
  • Jaw Surgery
  • Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• St. Francis College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • New York University / College Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Woodhull Medical Center

Dr. Como has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Como has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Como does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Como and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Como's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Como to family and friends
Dr. Como's Performance
in Merrick ny |
Dr Como is nothing short of being a miracle worker.Words cannot describe his surgical ability. His caring and concern for his patients is heartwarming. I am grateful I found a surgeon who i trust and respect so much. Thank you Amy Drasin
Appreciate your comments regarding our office. Hearing our patients understand our concern and trust us is what we strive for.
in Baldwin, NY |
Dr. Como and his staff have the knack for making you feel completely at ease even under the most stressful situation. I first visited him as an emergency patient for an extraction following a root canal gone bad. The extraction went smoothly despite the mess my regular dentist made. I followed up with an implant and couldn't be happier. Several months later I returned for two more non-emergency extractions and simultaneous implants. Again, the staff was terrific. Dr. Como is wonderful.
in Jericho, New York |
My daughter had two wisdom teeth that were laying close to her nerve. We could not remove them the usual way and there was fear of paralysis. Dr. Como performed coronectomy on her teeth and all went well. He was extremely compassionate and easy to talk to. Staff very friendly. He allayed all our fears. He took the time to answer all our questions. We highly recommend Dr. Como for any oral surgery you may need.
Thank you for your kind recommendation. We take pride in easing patient fears.
in Garden City, NY |
Dr Como is an amazing doctor, kind, caring and continually going above and beyond. Dr Como actually saved my husband's life at his first appointment. Dr Como noticed that my husband's blood pressure was high, did not move forward with the procedure but instead got us an emergency appointment with a cardiologist who said he was days away from a heart attack. Without Dr Como's intervention, I could have lost my husband. My husband who is petrified of surgery was extremely comfortable with Dr Como.
Patient overall well-being and health is a top-priority at our office. We especially enjoy hearing how comfortable and caring your experience was.
in Douglaston, NY |
Gentle. Patient. Skilled. Dr. Joseph Como, DMD uses state of the art technology, combined with years of experience to provide excellent patient care.
Glad to hear you had an excellent experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our office.
in East Rockaway, NY |
Used Dr. Como twice for implant surgery now. He makes the experience almost enjoyable! The procedure went smooth and quickly on both occasions. Hardly any discomfort at all. He is friendly and personable and really makes you feel at ease, in fact his whole staff does as well. I would recommend him to anyone looking for dental implants.
Great to hear you had another positive experience at our office! We appreciate the feedback and especially value making patients like you feel at ease.
in Old Bethpage, NY |
Dr Como recently extracted my wisdom teeth. I was extremely nervous, especially about being sedated, but he immediately calmed all my fears. He was friendly, funny, and talked to me in terms that I could understand. The procedure went well, and I was feeling like myself within a few days. I would highly recommend him!! My brother will need his wisdom teeth out soon, and I will not let him go to anyone but Dr Como.
Thank you for sharing your experience! Glad to hear everything went well and you are feeling like yourself again.
in Garden City, NY |
As a patient who is very anxious in the dentist's chair, I cannot recommend Dr Como enough. He is sympathetic, quick to listen and to provide creative solutions to what to some would be a non issue, but to me was a show stopper. I could not hold an x-ray slide in my mouth without gagging, the solution? He used a child size slide, simple, but effective, and one indication of the care he has taken of me during my visits. If you're like me, and dread a trip to the dentist, visit Dr Como.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Como, DMD?

Visit Dr. Como