Dr. Joseph Chun, MD

21 Reviews
Dr. Chun

Joseph T Chun MD

1934 Alcoa Hwy Ste 362 Knoxville, TN 37920

Dr. Joseph Chun, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in Knoxville, TN and has been practicing for 27 years. He graduated from Medical College Of Virginia in 1985 and specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery.

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals

Dr. Chun accepts

Dr. Chun accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check Dr. Chun's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Cleft Lip
  • Congenital Anomalies of Breast
  • Deformities of Auricle or Pinna
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Hidradenitis
  • Liposuction
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Oral and-or Facial Cleft

4.761904761904762%

Dr. Chun?
Dr. Chun's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Joseph Chun, MD
He performed breast augmentation on me 23 years ago and I have since moved to California. Other plastic surgeons have commented on the excellent job he did.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Chun, MD?
Dr. Chun was thorough in explaining my options and the procedure. He was very helpful in providing the information I needed concerning the decision I needed to make, since I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I have been very impressed with his expertise and I think he is highly skilled, as proven with a successful outcome after my surgery. He worked with me as far as scheduling, since I had a special set of circumstances relating to my time off for the surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Chun and thankful my oncology surgeon referred me to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Chun, MD?
Dr. Chun was amazing. He answered my silly questions and my normal questions as they were the most important issue he had been asked. He did everything I wanted done, to the best of his expertise, with breast cancer limiting some issues. I’m amazed with such a great job and what I’m able to do following a complete double mastectomy and reconstruction surgery!!!! I advise anyone to go to Dr. Chun, he’s the best!!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Chun, MD?
Dr. Chub is an amazing surgeon. After facing breast cancer I was recommended to see him. He showed compassion and help me decide what would work best for me reconstruction wise after having a double mastectomy. He is direct, caring, and knowledgeable. I love my results and.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Chun, MD?
My reason for making an appointment with Dr. Chun was to ask about scar revision, a minor procedure that he said he does not perform (so why wasn't I told that over the telephone when I made the appointment?). After Dr. Chun finished shaming me, I left with a price sheet for a facelift and eyelid lift. Physician's fee: $7,123. UT Day Surgery fee: $3,269. GRAND TOTAL: $10,392. From a scar revision to surgery that I had not requested that costs ten grand? Highly inappropriate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Chun, MD?
Dr. Chun was given to me as a surgeon when I was in a devastating car wreck in 1994. He was with UT hospital then. My right arm was mutilated and by the grace of god and Dr chun I still have my right arm. It's scared and numb mostly but still useful. If it wasn't for him I don't think I would have my right arm ...so i am grateful. He was a very googood Dr then. I positive he is now. I will never forget my day he took stitches out of my arm.. Daphne Manning
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Chun, MD?
My surgery was due to health issues. Although a Medicare patient, Dr. Chun took an inordinate amount of time with me. The day of the surgery, and all appointments, he has shown a lot of compassion. He told me if I was unhappy in any way with the results he would go back in until and make changes. I was amazed the entire experience went so well. Interviewed 3 other plastic surgeons without walking away feeling as confident.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Chun, MD?
Only made it as far as consult. He MIGHT be a good surgeon but he seemed to care NOTHING about my health issues or dealing with insurance. Cash is what he prefers. Very rude and arrogant man. Wanted me to do MORE than what I was needing, since my issue was a health concern not a vanity issue. Once I told him this....he lost all concern in my case and became rude. Even tried to play on my emotions by reminding me that I was still on the heavy side, not even a complement that I had lost 80 lbs
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Chun, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chun?

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

1986
University Of Tennessee Medical Center
1985
Medical College Of Virginia

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Chun treats patients.

78% Patient experience rating, 9% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2018, 2017)
  • America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017)