Dr. Joseph Castelli, DO

Dr. Joseph Castelli, DO

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
Dr. Joseph Castelli, DO is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in King of Prussia, PA. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 34 years.

583 Shoemaker Rd Ste 104

King of Prussia, PA 19406

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Amerihealth
  • AvMed
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource

Learn about Dr. Castelli

See how frequently Dr. Castelli performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
Atrophic Vaginitis

Dr. Castelli's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Endometriosis
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Ovarian Cancer

• Osteoporosis Screening
  • Pap Smear
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vulvectomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Villanova University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1975
  • Des Moines University College Of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Meml Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Hahnemann University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Castelli has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Castelli does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Castelli and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Castelli's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Castelli to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Castelli's Performance
PA |
I trusted this doctor with my first pregnancy. He dismissed my concerns when I knew something was wrong until it was far far too late. I ended up delivering too early for my baby to survive because of his negligence. I was told by a specialist that he knew my diagnosis and should have done a cerclage procedure and just chose not to. Maybe he doesn't know how to do them or have the skill to do them. He is a very poor Dr. and no one who cares about their pregnancy should choose him.
I, and my staff, have reviewed all of our patient's charts and cannot find a case that represents the care that was described in this review. Cervical cerclage is a procedure I perform when indicated for the diagnosis of cervical incompetence. There are times when this procedure is not indicated and can lead to complications. I encourage this patient to call the office so I can explain this to her. I empathize with her loss. Please call.
in Norristown, PA |
Dr Castelli is the best of the best. He is also my mom's doctor, he delivered me! Gynecological exams are generally uncomfortable for obvious reasons. Dr. Castelli always makes the experience much less uncomfortable. He is gentle and caring and always makes time to connect with his patients. He is knowledgeable and helpful with any questions (no matter how dumb) I have. The office staff are very kind as well. I have never had a bad experience at the office!
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Castelli and his staff were great! I started seeing him when I was 30 weeks pregnant. I had to transfer from my previous OB from another state. It was a smooth transition and they made it very easy for me. Very professional but personable at the same time. Ended up having an emergency C-section and he explained everything to me and put me at ease. I'm really happy with my whole pregnancy journey and Dr. Castelli was a big factor in that.
in Conshohocken, PA |
I have been with Dr. Castelli for almost 20 years now and when I say he's the best, I mean HE IS THE BEST! He is very gentle, friendly, kind, and loving. He is always encouraging me and the fact he is a Christian who serves in other countries not as fortunate as ours, just makes him a great person. I LOVE seeing him (although under not-so-good conditions in the past) and his smile just reminds me that Jesus loves me....and so does he. I will NEVER EVER leave Dr. Castelli's care!!!!!!!!!
in COLLEGEVILLE |
My experience with Dr Castelli couldn't be more positive. He's just an all-around great doctor. He not only took the time to answer all my questions in DETAIL, but asked me if I had any more. Most doctors would be rushing you out the door to get to the next patient! He's very direct with his answers and willing to share his knowledge with you. His staff is great, too. They're very friendly and professional. I'll recommend Dr. Castelli to everyone.
in Broomall, PA |
Dr. Castelli, is extremely caring and has his unique way of understanding to help you, he listens to what you have to say and is there for you when you need something. He will be your friend, his personality is outstanding!
in Blackwood, NJ |
Dr. Joseph Castelli has been my ob/gyn for over 20 years now. He was one of two ob/gyns in the practice when I was pregnant with my son. From my first visit with him, I wanted him to be the doctor who would deliver my son but fate was not on my side. The day I went into labor he was not the doctor in the practice who was on call. I continue to see Dr. Castelli every year for my annual checkup. Besides being an excellent doctor, he is warm, pleasant and very easy to talk to.
in Collegeville, PA |
I highly recommend Dr. Castelli! He is intelligent, dedicated, and caring. The girls in the office are great as well as his nurse, Sandy. I have been under his care for over 25 years. Dr. Castelli is very thorough, patient, and takes time to answer any questions. I had some health issues over the past 2 years and realized during this time just what type of man and doctor that Dr. Castelli truly is and feel blest to be in his care. I cannot say enough about him!
in Norristown, PA |
Dr Castelli and his staff are the most kind, patient, and friendly I have ever come across. It starts with the great girls at the front desk, to the time you have with his nurse, Sandy, and then the grand finale of meeting with him for your appointment. I am so blessed to be with such an amazing practice.
in Broomall, PA |
Dr. Castelli and his staff have been absolutely amazing! My husband and myself think very highly of him. We had the best experience with the delivery of our daughter.
in Garnet Valley, PA |
Dr. Castelli has been my OBGYN for 15 years, delivering both of my sons and providing me with years of quality care. In addition to being extremely knowledgeable, patient and reliable, he is also very compassionate and I trust him implicitly with my well-being. He has always taken the time to listen to my concerns, provided excellent advice and comforted me when needed. He, his nurses and staff have always been warm, friendly and professional. I would highly recommend Dr. Castelli!
in Broomall, PA |
Worst doctor ever! No bedside manners. Induced me when it was not necessary, baby was not in distress and it was my first pregnancy. That resulted in an emergency c-section. The anesthesiologist at bryn mawr gave me too much of the epidural i couldn't feel a thing. Now i am pregnant with my second child and thanks to castelli, i am faced with being high risk because of my first birth. He ruined what was to be a very special and precious moment for me. Find a different doctor.
Chester Springs, PA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Castelli's for approximately 20 years. I recently experienced a gynecological problem that was initially very worrisome and required an office procedure. Dr. Castelli and nursing staff (Sandy) did an outstanding job of easing my concerns and providing prompt and caring attention. Dr. Castelli also took the time to answer all of my follow-up questions, which is invaluable in my mind.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Castelli, DO?

See our Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists at Abington Hospital—Jefferson Health

Visit Dr. Castelli