Dr. Joseph Caruana, MD

Dr. Joseph Caruana, MD

Bariatric Surgery  |
Dr. Joseph Caruana, MD is a bariatric surgery specialist in Williamsville, NY and has been practicing for 41 years. He graduated from SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse) in 1972 and specializes in bariatric surgery, bariatric medicine, and more.

30 N Union Rd Ste 104

Williamsville, NY 14221

• Community Care Network
  • Universal Health Network

Learn about Dr. Caruana

See how frequently Dr. Caruana performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Stomach Surgery
Obesity
Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)

Dr. Caruana's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Caruana "For over 11 years, i have been committed to patient-centered care, community education, and the pursuit of the causes of obesity."

• Bariatric Surgery
  • Bariatric Medicine
  • General Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

No malpractice history found for New York.

• SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)
    Medical School | Graduated 1972
  • Erie County Medical Center (Formerly Ej Meyer Meml Hospital)
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1977

• Spotlight on Health, Joy FM, 2012

Dr. Caruana does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Caruana and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Caruana's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Caruana to family and friends
4.1
based on 31 total reviews (5 with comments)

Dr. Caruana's Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

in Buffalo, NY
Bk n 2008 the doctor did u surgerys and it saved my life. I lost a total of 136 lbs. He is the best doctor j.caruana. everybody that didn't hate on says I look sooo damn good. If I had to do it over again I most definately would do.
in Buffalo, NY
Dr. Caruana is an exceptional surgeon. He explained everything thoroughly as to why my body could not physically lose the weight on its own. He made me feel very comfortable and I felt at ease with my decision (VSG) and I am glad I went through with it. I definitely recommend Dr. Caruana and...more
in South Dayton, NY
Yes I have. I had gastric bypass surgery on 2/22/12 and have lost 80 pounds and am now having issues with having difficulties eating which is partly because I now have a hernia. The surgery went well and everything, but now almost 5 years out I am having these issues!
in Holland, NY
I would and HAVE highly recommended Synergy Bariatrics and Dr. Caruana to anyone considering weight loss surgery! I could not have had a more positive experience from initial consultation to now almost 8 months post-VSG surgery--from the helpful staff, Dr. Caruana, PA-C Christina, Nutritionists,...more
in Olean, NY
I have been treating with Dr. Caruana for 8 years. He is very caring and friendly. He explains everything to you, in terms the patient can understand. I recommend him to anyone seeking a weight loss surgical consultation.

Are you Dr. Caruana?