Dr. Joseph Cambio, MD

Dr. Joseph Cambio, MD

Urology  ·
Dr. Joseph Cambio, MD is an urology specialist in West Warwick, RI and has been practicing for 37 years. He graduated from Autonomous University of Guadalajara / Faculty of Medicine in 1975 and specializes in urology.Read his story

207 Quaker Ln

West Warwick, RI 02893

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice

Learn about Dr. Cambio

See how frequently Dr. Cambio performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Urinary Disorders
Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
Blood in Urine (Hematuria)

Dr. Cambio's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Cambio's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Cambio "I have been in practice for over 3 decades. As far back as I can remember this is the only profession I have ever wanted to pursue. Helping people has always been my passion. It is this passion that prompted me to seek out new and innovative ways to bring better urologic health, procedures and treatments to my patients. When I learned how ultrasonography could be used to detect tumors in prostates I wasted no time in acquiring the equipment and training necessary to bring this important diagnostic tool to my patients. I also conducted several seminars to teach other physician how to use the technology. When I learned of the ground breaking technology of Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) for kidney stones I knew I had to get this technology for my patients as well. Putting together a small group of physicians we were the first mobile ESWL unit and not only was I able to offer this amazing treatment to my patients but made it available to other physicians and hospitals. I have also established an ASC (Ambulatory Surgical Center) so we can offer our patients a one on one experience when having a surgical procedure. This was the first of its kind in Rhode Island and we were able to work with authorities to set the bar for this type of facility. My passion for learning has not diminished over the years. I continue to seek out new and innovative treatments and procedures for our patients. My practice has grown to six physicians and five locations in Rhode Island. I am very proud to say that both my sons have joined me and have brought with them all the latest and greatest skills to offer our patients such as robotic procedures. I have been on numerous board and committees throughout career and currently am the Chief of Urology at Roger Williams Medical Center and on the board of directors for the Salvatore Mancini Senior Center in North Providence. I have been married to my beautiful wife of 43 years and have three wonderful children and seven beautiful grandchildren. I also enjoy woodworking, golf and a nice glass of wine with dinner."

This content was provided by Dr. Cambio "I have and will always strive to give the best care I can.  To be patient and honest to my patients, to treat them with respect and to carefully listen to them.  To continue to learn new treatments and skills so that I will be able to provide state of the art care."

• Urology

• Urology
    Accredited by: American Board of Urology*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Rhode Island.

• St Louis University
  • Rhode Island Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1977
  • Rhode Island Hosp-Brown U
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Cambio has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Cambio does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cambio and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cambio's Reviews

3.1
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cambio to family and friends
9 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Cambio's Performance

Dr. Cambio Says:
"

Thank you for your thoughts..  We appreciate all your positive feedback and will strive to continue to meat your expectations.  We take your concerns seriously and will do our best to improve and share your concerns with staff and supervisors to assure your expectations can be met in the future.

If you are pleased with our practice please tell friends and relatives.  If you are not please tell us so we can do

...

Dr. Cambio immediately saw an ill family member on short notice. He was compassionate, honest, caring and most importantly- he was able to quickly diagnose and treat. My family and I are so blessed to have Dr. Cambio in our community.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1