Dr. Joseph C. Cambio, MD

Dr. Joseph C. Cambio, MD

Urology | Male | 68 years old

I have and will always strive to give the best care I can. To be patient and honest to my patients, to treat them with respect and to carefully listen to them. To continue to learn new treatments and skills so that I will be able to provide state of the art care.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Cambio's Experience

See how Dr. Cambio's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cambio

Dr. Cambio accepts 30 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Cambio has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Cambio
Dr. Cambio's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (8)
Dr. Cambio Says:

Thank you for your thoughts..  We appreciate all your positive feedback and will strive to continue to meat your expectations.  We take your concerns seriously and will do our best to improve and share your concerns with staff and supervisors to assure your expectations can be met in the future.

Have you seen Dr. Joseph C. Cambio, MD?
Are you Dr. Cambio?
Get started today!

Compare Dr. Cambio

Dr. Cambio says...

I have been in practice for over 3 decades. As far back as I can remember this is the only profession I have ever wanted to pursue.  Helping people has always been my passion.  It is this passion that prompted me to seek out new and innovative ways to bring better urologic health, procedures and treatments to my patients. When I learned how ultrasonography could be used to detect tumors in prostates I wasted no time in acquiring the equipment and training necessary to bring this important diagnostic tool to my patients.  I also conducted several seminars to teach other physician how to use the technology.  When I learned of the ground breaking technology of Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) for kidney stones I knew I had to get this technology for my patients as well.  Putting together a small group of physicians we were the first mobile ESWL unit and not only was I able to offer this amazing treatment to my patients but made it available to other physicians and hospitals.

I have also established an ASC (Ambulatory Surgical Center) so we can offer our patients a one on one experience when having a surgical procedure. This was the first of its kind in Rhode Island and we were able to work with authorities to set the bar for this type of facility.

My passion for learning has not diminished over the years. I continue to seek out new and innovative treatments and procedures for our patients.  My practice has grown to six physicians and five locations in Rhode Island.  I am very proud to say that both my sons have joined me and have brought with them all the latest and greatest skills to offer our patients such as robotic procedures.

I have been on numerous board and committees throughout career and currently am the Chief of Urology at Roger Williams Medical Center and on the board of directors for the Salvatore Mancini Senior Center in North Providence.

I have been married to my beautiful wife of 43 years and have three wonderful children and seven beautiful grandchildren. I also enjoy woodworking, golf and a nice glass of wine with dinner.

Dr. Cambio's Care Philosophy

I have and will always strive to give the best care I can.  To be patient and honest to my patients, to treat them with respect and to carefully listen to them.  To continue to learn new treatments and skills so that I will be able to provide state of the art care.

Dr. Cambio says...

All conditions related to Urology and urological health.  Including but not limited to Prostate Cancer, bladder Cancer, Urinary tract infections, Vasectomy, Vasectomy reversals, Stones,  including any urological related surgical procedures such as Lithotripsy, Cystoscopy.  Whatever Urological problem you may be experiencing we can help find the best treatment or procedure just for you.

Dr. Cambio says...

I have been in practice for over 3 decades and have witnessed how technology has revolutionized Urological procedures.  I have not only evolved with the changes but also helped perfect some of the procedures and treatments we use today.  With the dawn of ultrasonography I was one of the first to bring this technology to our area.  I hosted several seminars in the use and reading of the images.  I also helped establish the use of ultrasonography for needle biopsy of the prostate that is still being done today.  With a small group of fellow physicians we introduced the first Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) for kidney stones procedure creating a mobile unit to bring this ground breaking procedure to multiple area hospitals.  I continue and always continue to learn the latest and greatest treatments and procedure so my patients will have only the best I can offer.

Dr. Cambio says...

If you are pleased with our practice please tell friends and relatives.  If you are not please tell us so we can do better.

Our office can be reached at 401 828-7110, Fax 401 827-6364 or if you are a patient on our patient portal. If you currently do not have an account, call our office to get the website address and a PIN.

Dr. Cambio's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urology
  •  Board certified in Urology
  •  Malpractice claims in Rhode Island not available

Dr. Cambio has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Rhode Island.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cambio's Board Certifications

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Infection, Chronic
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Male Infertility
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Diseases
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

Graduated in 1970

University Of Bologna / Faculty Of Medicine and Surgery

Graduated in 1971

• Italian

Dr. Cambio does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cambio and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urology

• TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy
  • Ureterscopies
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry