Dr. Joseph Burns, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 42 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Burns did a total shoulder replacement for me. I have had a double knee replacement and two hips replaced, this surgery was by far the easiest. The recover time and pain tolerance were very tolerable. Dr. Burns and his staff, both at Henry Mayo Hospital in Valencia and his office staff, were incredible to work with. The procedure was thoroughly explained and all my concerns answered comprehensively and with great care. I recommend Dr. Burns HIGHLY. I'd give him 10 if I could.
Author:
My Miniscus surgery was great. Never had pain once. Dr Burns was awesome would recommend him highly.
Author:
I visited Dr. Burns regarding my shoulder pain and he performed a rotator cuff repair procedure.
Author:
Dr. Burns is a caring compassionate doctor who I would recommend to anybody who is having shoulder problems!
Author:
Dr. Joseph Burns and his staff are very helpful and really care about patients comfort and well-being. Dr. Burns relieved all my knee pain.
Author:
Everyone was pleasant, responsive and efficient.
Author:
Dr. Burns has now completed 5 different procedures on me and my wife. Four meniscus tears and on bicep detachment. Do you think we would continue to return if he wasn't just the best?!?! He is a true professional, with personality, charm and a sense of humor. His office staff is second to none. We could not be more satisfied with the results and will forever refer our friends and shower him with praise. Thank you Dr. Burns, if you are reading this!!
Author:
Dr. Burns took the time to explain what was going on with my knee in a way I could understand. He and his staff professional and personable. All around a good experience.
Author:
Very thorough and very competent
Author:
Dr Burns is an excellent surgeon with a wonderful bedside manner. I highly recommend him!
Author:
Professional, knowledgable and great. I felt very confident in the care that I recieved. He and his team were easy to work with and his use of technology (Healthloop) allowed me to ask and get answers to any questions I has at any time.
Author:
I was diagnosed by Dr. Burns. He told me what he planned on doing to my shoulder. I got to the Operation room on 2/7/19 he did the procedure. it is now 4/17/19 and I have started physical therapy and its going pretty good.
Author:
Excellent pre and post surgery communication. Contacting Dr. Burns' team with questions or concerns is as easy as a phone call. Post surgery contact/follow-up is excellent, I receive DAILY emails from his team inquiring about my condition and I answer a series of questions designed to alert the team if there is a post-surgery problem. Dr. Burns' team responds VERY quickly. I had my shoulder replacement surgery at Henry Mayo Memorial Hospital and I am VERY satisfied with my experience there.
Author:
The overall care I received pre and post would be recommended.
Author:
Dr. Burns is very thorough in his services. Both pre op and post op. His treatment continues through therapy. I had my right shoulder repaired 4 years ago and now its time for the left. I went back to SCOI and Dr. Burns because I already know the great treatment I will receive.
Author:
Can't say enough good things about Dr. B. He helped me with a bad shoulder 6 years ago, and I had to go back in a couple weeks ago for a similar problem but this time with the other shoulder. I'm no surgeon but my assumption is that if you have minimal pain post op, then the guy who did the procedure knows his stuff. Both surgeries, I didn't have to use any pain meds post op. So that speaks volumes right there. The man knows his stuff. He brings his A game to each procedure.
Author:
I have had 2 excellent experiences with Dr. Burns. He’s done 2 separate surgery’s on my knees. I highly recommend him.
Author:
I would highly recommend Dr Burns, as a matter of fact when it is time to do the other shoulder Would want it to be him
Author:
Dr Burns has done a total shoulder replacement on both of my shoulders. After the first surgery and only four weeks of PT on my shoulder I had returned to 100% range of motion. Recently, only seven weeks after Dr. Burns replaced my left shoulder and with no PT I was again at 100% range of motion. When my physical therapists saw my amazing recovery they agreed their services were not needed. The entire staff is great, which is a relection on their satisfaction working for Dr. Burns.
Author:
I broke my shoulder in three places, scared and not knowing what to expect. Dr.Burns spent quite a bit of time explaining my injury and options for recovery. I had a lot of questions, all of which were addressed and was able to make an informed decision I was comfortable with. My progress has been amazing . A big thank you to Dr.Burns and all the staff at Valencia SCOI!