Dr. Joseph Broyles, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Joseph Broyles, MD
Louisiana Life Top Doctors 2015 and 2016

Dr. Broyles' Experience

See how Dr. Broyles' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Broyles

Dr. Broyles accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Broyles is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Broyles has admitting privileges.

Dr. Broyles' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Broyles to family and friends
    Dr. Broyles' Performance
    in Mobile, al |
    Excellent!!!!!
    in Mobile Alabama |
    Dr. Broyles is an amazing doctor. I would highly recommend him. Dr. Broyles did hip replacement surgery on my husband and we are very satisfied with the care he received. He went above and beyond our expectations. Wonderful bed side manner also.
    in Baton Rouge,LA |
    My mother (79) has been treated by Dr.Broyles 1st time 2009. What is most memorable as well as comforting to me was my Mom's understanding everything he saw,the probable cause,what to expect from the procedure,and then have it happen"exactly" as he said. Rotator Cuff, and later her hips. I am astonished how at 79,Mama loves gardening, cooking and serving as VP on our Church's Deaconess board. No miracle worker but if not the best Orthopedic Surgeon,He has to be at the top. Min.Rhonda M.Diop
    in Baton Rouge, La. |
    Courteous, responsive and to the point. My experience thru surgery was excellent. Would definitely recommend him to any friends or relatives. Visits at the hospital were timely and informative, follow-up was easy, recommendation for therapy worked very well and my recovery was well ahead of anticipated schedule. Results certainly exceeded my expectations.
    in Baton Rouge, LA |
    Dr. Broyles replaced my left knee a year ago. I went in today for my 1 year review. It is perfect. Since my surgery, I am able to work a demanding job and may be on my feet 12 hours a day. I have lost 30 pounds and off all meds. Thank you Dr. Broyles for giving me my life back after 5 years of seeing other doctors that kept putting the surgery off. Dr. Broyles is no nonsense guy. I loved that about him and will be forever be grateful for getting my active life style back. Pam Lancaster 62
    in Baton Rouge, LA |
    Dr. Broyles was extremely thorough. Completely reviewed xray films and discussed options for treatment. Would highly recommend him.
    baton rouge, la |
    I have had two surgeries performed by Dr. Broyles in the last year. The outcome of both was excellent. He is always patient when answering my questions, and I never feel rushed while in his exam room. He is very capable and compassionate. Hopefully I won't require anymore orthopedic surgeries, but if I do, I will consult Dr. Broyles for guidance.
    in Baton Rouge, LA |
    I fell in bathtub and broke both my fibia bones. Dr Broyles was the On- call doctor. I was so thankful he did my surgery on both legs because he was fantastic. If I was given the choice, I would choose him. I have personally worked with a lot of physicians throughout the years and he is on top of my list for orthopedic doctors.
    in Port Allen, LA |
    I am a 64 year old man and after I lot of research I decided to use Dr. Broyles for a hip revision surgery. Nine days after surgery I am driving and three weeks after surgery I am walking 1.5 miles and feeling very good about my decision. Dr. Broyles spent a great deal of time with me in my pre surgery discussions. We discussed everything on a level that I thoroughly understood and even went as far as discussing my case with a friend of mine who is an orthopedic replacement surgeon in Nashville.
    in Addis, La. |
    Dr. Broyles care was excellent. A great, caring, compassionate Dr. I'm pain free from a total knee replacement. I have a new lease on life!
    in Baton Rouge, LA |
    Dr. Broyles is an excellent Orthopedic Surgeon. I had to have not just one, but both of my hips replaced due to a congenital defect. I chose Dr. Broyles to do both of my surgeries, and I'm so glad I did! He was very kind and caring with me, and listened to all of my concerns. He replaced my right hip in August 2016, and within a couple of weeks I was walking on my own without the use of a walker or cane. He replaced my left hip in December 2016, and in two weeks I was walking without assistance
    in Baton Rouge, LA |
    Judy Guilbeaux-James, PhD in Baton Rouge, LA | January 5, 2016 Dr. Joseph Broyles is wonderful, excellent, and stupendous! I am 4 weeks post-op after THR and feel great! Walking without a cane with minimal surgical pain! Surgical scar is minimal, was given permission to return to a few basic movements and return to the gym and work in 6 days! His PA is a joy also!
    in Baton Rouge, LA |
    Great doctor with pleasant demeanor who is very informative and supportive of his patients. I just had a total knee replacement. The experience was great. I highly recommend Dr Broyles
    in Baton Rouge, LA |
    I went to Dr. Broyles with Lipoma tumors on each hip and had pain when walking and the previous Doctor had refused to remove them. I could not understand why I was expected to live in pain. Upon visiting with Dr. Broyles, I had the tumors removed in two different surgeries. Upon waking after the first surgery, I felt as if my sciatic pain was gone and the same on the right side, the excruciating pain was gone. Dr. Broyles listened and responded to my concerns.
    in Norwood, LA |
    After a right total knee replacement in 2010 and years of suffering pain and complications, I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Broyles in 2015. After many surgeries, in and out of the hospital and rehab, Dr. Broyles gave me hope and gave me life again. I put all my trust in him and in May of this year he performed a left total knee replacement with no complications. I now enjoy life again. There are no words to describe the lifetime of gratitude to Dr. Broyles, as well as his staff.
    in Baton Rouge, LA |
    Dr. Broyles is a fantastic orthopedic physician and surgeon. Due to CHD, I needed a THR and was emotionally not prepared for this. Dr. Broyles educated me, listened to my fears, and assured me. My THR was 2 months ago. Because of his surgical precision, I've resumed all my previous activities. At one month post-op, I was able to get on the treadmill again...after being on crutches for over 1 year. I highly recommend him!
    in Baton Rouge, LA |
    I went to Dr. Broyles as a third opinion. On my first appt, I brought in my previous X-rays and he was able to diagnose me from those and told me the surgery I needed (PAO). He doesn't do this particular surgery and recommended an amazing surgeon in another city. Dr. Broyles followed up with the after care of the surgery. I am so happy with the results. While he didn't do the surgery, his ability to quickly diagnose me followed by excellent aftercare is why I'll return to him from now on.
    in Prairieville, LA |
    Hurt hamstring while lifting weights. Tried several different anti-inflammatory drugs, therapy, cortisone shot, and X-rays. Once a MRI was done, the results was a partially torn hamstring. My doctor said not a lot of surgical procedures had been done on the hamstring and referred me to a colleague, Dr Broyles. He has a PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) protocol that he has been using for non-surgical injuries. Now, I can climb stairs or ride a bike without pain. Something I could not do 6 months ago.
    Have you seen Dr. Joseph Broyles, MD?
    Are you Dr. Broyles?

Dr. Broyles says...

Louisiana Life Top Doctors 2015 and 2016

Dr. Broyles' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Louisiana not available

Dr. Broyles has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Broyles' Board Certifications

• Elbow Bursitis
    • Femur Fracture
    • Foot Fracture
    • Foot Sprain
    • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
    • Gout
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Knee Fracture
    • Knee Sprain
    • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Barnes Jewish Hosp

Completed in 2002

Tulane University of Louisiana

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Broyles does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Broyles and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Arm Surgery
    • Knee Replacement
    • Knee Replacement Revision
    • Knee Surgery
    • Percutaneous Vertebroplasty
    • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
    • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair