Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Joseph Brooks, MD
Dr. Joseph Brooks, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Colorado Springs, CO. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Brooks is affiliated with Penrose-St. Francis Health Services.

4105 Briargate Pkwy Ste 235

Colorado Springs, CO 80920

• CHAMPVA
  • EmblemHealth
  • First Choice Health
  • Medico
  • Triwest

Learn about Dr. Brooks

Within his practice, Dr. Brooks treats patients with acute, chronic, and cancer related pain using a multidisciplinary approach, utilizing minimally invasive procedures, physical therapeutic modalities, and medication management. He also treats patients with fibromyalgia, headaches, reflex sympathetic dystrophy, arthritis related disorders, sports medicine injuries, and many other chronic pain conditions.

Dr. Brooks' Experience

Dr. Brooks' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pain Medicine

• Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Pump Implant

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University Of Florida
  • Cleveland Clinic Florida
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Brooks has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Brooks does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brooks and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Brooks' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brooks to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Brooks' Performance
in Peyton, CO |
Provided excellent pain management care and advise on treatments. Highly recommended Dr. Brooks for your pain management.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Brooks is an amazing person! He takes the time to listen to you and addresses all of your concerns. I have NEVER felt 'rush' or unheard by him or his staff. His procedures are life changing and professional! Gretchen is also amazing at helping you with any referral problems or needs! I can't speak highly enough about this establishment or the people who work there!
Colorado Springs, CO |
I saw Dr. Brooks in 2014 to 2015, moved and came back in February of this year. He and his staff really very compassionate and do a great job. If you are looking for a pain management physician in COS, I would highly recommend him.
Denver, CO |
Doctor Brooks staff is very rude and misleading in their communication. Doctor Brooks is not a very good pain specialist at all. His expensive injections only lasted two days!! Such a waste. His bedside manner is very cold like his staff. Not a professional doctor.
Monument, CO |
When I made my appointments (2), I was told that they were in my insurance network. I was visiting this doctor for severe back pain, and was required to submit to a urine drug test before Percocet could be prescribed. I was never told that the lab doing the analysis was out of network. I was shocked to receive an Explanation of Benefits showing a patient responsibility of $450 for each office visit (alas, they are not in network), and $7,250.00 (not a typo) for lab expenses.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I am so glad I met Dr Brooks and his Team! I believe that it takes a smart Doctor or a person that does live with chronic pain to understand how it effects your life in so many ways! Doctor Brooks and his team do understand and help the best they can.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
My wife & I moved to Colorado Springs four months ago. I was introduced to Dr. Brooks through a referral from my primary care physician. I am very thankful that I have Dr. Brooks as my pain management doctor. I am impressed by his knowledge, his concern for my well being, his personable nature and by the staff he has selected to assist him. I was initially evaluated by Nurse Practitioner Bridget Coyne, and she was pleasant, professional and thorough. Dr. Brooks is an excellent listener, too.
in Erie, CO |
My wife and I have been seeing Dr. Brooks for about five years. He has been treating us for over three years for our severe back issues. He is thorough, skilled, knowledgeable and, above all, compassionate. He has dramatically reduced my narcotic use after the VA told me that, except for my ever increasing doses of Fentanyl, there wasn't anything else they could do for me. I highly recommend Dr. Brooks and his friendly and efficient staff to friends and family.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
My husband, (Jimmy Porter) and I have been going to Dr. Brooks for over a year. He is beyond a doubt the best doctor that we have ever gone to!! He takes his time and really listens to our problems, and he seems to project a true patient/doctor symbiosis. His staff likewise follows his lead. Ann Moore
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Best dr. Ever! Took time to talk with me about my condition and we came up with a good regimen. Definitely caring and emphathetic.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Brooks is great. took time to talk on first visit. Gave me good info and seemed to care about my well being. In my experience , office staff is always an issue. They don't do their jobs and blame it on insurance. Doctor can be great, but if office staff doesn't do their jobs, your not getting what you need. So far, office staff has not proven me wrong.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Brooks and his Nurse Practitioner are very understanding and they talk to their patients in language that can be understood instead of using medical terms that are difficult to understand. On my initial visit Dr. Brooks he was able to find medications that solved my problem of waking throughout the night in pain. His understanding of the problems of rheumatoid arthritis made his treatment of me easier as well as suggesting remedies that were very helpful.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
My previous doctor preformed a surgery that left me worse off than before, and destroyed my Spinal Cord Stimulator. Dr. Brooks immediately assessed the situation as critical and began plains to remedy the situation. Dr. Brooks has given me hope again. He and his staff are, by far, the most caring professionals that I have encountered to date. Dr. Brooks is not like many others who seem to be on autopilot; Dr. Brooks cares about his patrons, his staff, and his profession.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Both, Dr. Brooks and NP Bridget Coyne, are VERY professional, caring, AMAZING Providers. I have been seeing both, for a number of years now and I have ALWAYS been treated with the UTMOST of respect and care, that I deserve and need. I would VERY HIGHLY recommend BOTH Providers, to ANYONE seeking care for long term care, that they need.
in Palmer Lake, CO |
Dr. Brooks was very pleasant during my appointment! He treated me like a real person and not "just another patient". He showed a genuine interest in my condition and explained options on how to treat it. Once we came up with a plan, he went into detail and was sure I understood everything. He allowed time for me to ask questions without me feeling rushed, which was refreshing. I am pleased with my visit and have already given his name to a friend to see if he can help them with their pain as wel
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Brooks actually took a great amount time to listen to me, not talk down to me. Actually understands that you as the patient know your body, better than anyone. Understands that every person is different, and just because a treatment that works on, for example 10 people may not work on you. Will work with you on a plan to help you. Very respectful of our military, and veterans.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was an RN on Percocet for 4+ years. Referred by my primary care. Brooks did not even ask me about my pain. Gave me Rx for three months. I ran out two weeks before the end of the second and went into full blown withdrawals. Called his office, he was out of town. No other doctor to cover, I ended up in the ER...$10,000! I would not recommend this quack to a dog.
in Pueblo,Co |
He cares about his pacients, He spends time. And really listens . Rebecca Cole
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I had my new pt. Visit with Bridgett today and was very grateful. Bridgett was very caring, listened to what I had to say and very gentle in her physical exam. She was very through and took time to go over my history, things that I have tried in the past, and my options. I will see Dr. Brooks in two weeks to go over having some injection and although I don't look forward to the pain during the injections, Bridgett was excellent in alleviating my fears and explained how Dr. Brooks performs them.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
What a God sent! Dr. Brooks greeted me with a great big smile. He listen to my concerns and answered all my questions , giving me eye contact. Most doctors do not give you eye contact. Dr. Brooks care about me and after talking to him I felt I had known him for a long time. He came in so happy and I left like I meant a lot to him as a patient. I highly recommend Dr. Brooks for pain management and for him to make you feel you meant something . What a wonderful person and a great doctor.
in Fountain, Colorado |
Dr Brooks has been exceptional in my care. I have seen different pain doctors in the past for my nerve damage and they just didn't get the fact that if they can't see the damage, how could I be in pain. Dr Brooks believed in me from the beginning and is the one doctor no one should be without.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Brooks never left any of his patients...including me. His former office address told him they would contact us concerning his transition and failed to do so which left me frustrated. I had my exam today and asked Dr. Brooks many questions. He addressed my concerns after LISTENENING to all of them in a very professional but approachable manner. Those who think he abandoned them should make an appointment and gather the facts. I am grateful his new practice is open and he is my physician.
in Colorado springs, Colorado |
Dr. Brooks took the time to listen to my health questions & concerns. He ordered additional tests to update my file & to see what the status of my back is. Dr. Brooks is thorough, knowledgeable & polite. I would recommend him to my family & friends.
in Castle Rock, CO |
Dr. Brooks and his entire staff are incredibly capable, caring providers. Dr.Brooks has recently started a new practice with people who have worked for him for many years. His nurses and medical assistants say they would follow him anywhere, and that says a lot about a physician. Dr. Brooks never makes me feel rushed out the door, and he truly cares about me and my particular health concerns.
in Colorado Springs |
By far the most caring down to earth Doctor I have ever met. I think if more Doctors were as caring and honest like Doctor Brooks the whole system would be better. I'm very blessed to have met Doctor Brooks he has restored my faith in the medical system. Believe me I hate dealing with Doctors and it took a lot of convincing from my wife to go see Doctor Brooks and as of today he is the only Doctor I deal with. Doctor Brooks has the highest level of integrity and I recommend him to all.
in Florissant |
Friendly, caring & compassionate. He actually takes time to listen and do everything possible to help address my pain. He is the BEST pain management Dr I've seen!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
After 2 days of repeated calls to the office, and leaving messages to return the call so we could schedule an appointment, I was not able to talk to someone. The phone would ring for 20 times, then play a minute of music, then begin ringing again -- but was never answered. I did not get a return call. A referral from my doctor had been sent to Dr. Brooks.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Brooks, MD?
Are you Dr. Brooks?