Dr. Joseph Bird Jr, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility | Male

Dr. Joseph Bird Jr, MD
Joey Bird's first intended specialty was retinal surgery, but a rotation with a reproductive endocrinologist while attending East Tennessee State University's James H. Quillen College of Medicine changed his mind. He "fell in love with the patients and the way the doctor became a part of their stories." Of his work as a fertility specialist, Dr. Bird says, "Every case is interesting and rewarding in its own way. I'm never bored." Throughout treatment, he encourages his patients to find hope. He says, "Successful outcomes require the ability to count on something you can't see.

Dr. Bird Jr's Care Philosophy

Our patient's often come to us with disappointment, stress, and fear of never achieving a successful outcome in their attempts to start a family. I have observed that my patients rarely come to me seeking my credentials as much as looking for someone to offer them hope that their dreams of starting a family will come true. This is where I like to start with a new patient. By helping them understand what we can do to overcome the infertility battle, this seems to recharge their batteries and allow them to continue pursuing their dream of starting a family. I have found that my patients want hope and that is what I offer with every encounter.

Dr. Bird Jr's Experience

See how Dr. Bird Jr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bird Jr

Dr. Bird Jr accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Bird Jr is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Bird Jr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bird Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bird Jr to family and friends
3.9
based on 8 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Bird Jr Says:

I am personally concerned about your experience in our practice.  If we do not meet your expectations for care, please let me know personally so I can make it right.  If we are doing a good job, please let us know through this survey.

Dr. Bird Jr's Performance
in Dutton, Al |
Dr. Bird was my answered prayer! I had 2 C-sections, 2 ablations, & a partial hysterectomy in the past. I was in terrible pain after my partial hysterectomy for a whole year but the other Drs couldn't find anything that was causing the pain. I went to see Dr Byrd & for the first time I had someone who actually set down & LISTENED to me & was truly concerned about my pain! He immediately did surgery & found adhesions connecting my ovaries to my colon. So thankful he believed me!
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Bird Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Bird Jr?

Compare Dr. Bird Jr

Dr. Bird Jr says...

Joey Bird's first intended specialty was retinal surgery, but a rotation with a reproductive endocrinologist while attending East Tennessee State University's James H. Quillen College of Medicine changed his mind. He "fell in love with the patients and the way the doctor became a part of their stories."  Of his work as a fertility specialist, Dr. Bird says, "Every case is interesting and rewarding in its own way. I'm never bored." Throughout treatment, he encourages his patients to find hope. He says, "Successful outcomes require the ability to count on something you can't see.

Dr. Bird Jr's Care Philosophy

Our patient's often come to us with disappointment, stress, and fear of never achieving a successful outcome in their attempts to start a family.  I have observed that my patients rarely come to me seeking my credentials as much as looking for someone to offer them hope that their dreams of starting a family will come true.  This is where I like to start with a new patient.  By helping them understand what we can do to overcome the infertility battle, this seems to recharge their batteries and allow them to continue pursuing their dream of starting a family.  I have found that my patients want hope and that is what I offer with every encounter.

Dr. Bird Jr says...

His four-year residency began in 1990 in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology within the Chattanooga Unit of the University of Tennessee College of Medicine. A two-year fellowship followed in the Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Division at the University of Louisville School of Medicine's Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.  Since completing these training experiences, Dr. Bird is double board certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility medicine.  Only 60% of his peers in Reproductive Medicine achieve this final certification successfully.

Dr. Bird Jr says...

Dr. Bird completed both an Obstetrics and Gynecology residency which focused intensively on the surgical aspects of this area of medicine.  This was further developed during his fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility where he received special exposure and training in minimally invasive surgical techniques and laboratory and clinical management of patients receiving IVF, ICSI, PESA, PGD, PGS, and all areas of Assisted Reproductive Technologies.  This has been enhanced with 18 years of real world experienced that has broadened that training and allowed for an appreciation of the human diversity associated with these treatments.

Dr. Bird Jr says...

Dr. Bird Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
  •  Board certified in Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology and Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Bird Jr has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bird Jr's Board Certifications

• Female Infertility
  • Infertility
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages

University Of Louisville

Completed in 1996

University Of Tennessee Chattanooga

Graduated in 1986

Dr. Bird Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bird Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Hysteroscopy
  • In Vitro Fertilization
  • Infertility Treatment
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening