Dr. Jose Villarreal, MD

Dr. Jose Villarreal, MD

Pain Medicine  ·
Dr. Jose Villarreal, MD is a pain medicine specialist in El Paso, TX and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas in 1990 and specializes in pain medicine and anesthesiology.

5652 N Mesa St

El Paso, TX 79912

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma

Learn about Dr. Villarreal

See how frequently Dr. Villarreal performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spinal Stenosis
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Spine Disorders

Dr. Villarreal's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Villarreal "Dr. Jose Luis Villarreal is dedicated to improving the function and quality of life for the chronic pain patient. His practice incorporates a multidisciplinary approach for treatment. After a comprehensive evaluation a treatment plan is yielded to include an optimal medical regimen, minimally invasive procedures, physical therapy, psychological support and recommendations for surgery when indicated."

• Pain Medicine

• Univeristy Miami
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Villarreal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Villarreal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Villarreal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Villarreal's Reviews

3.1
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Villarreal to family and friends

Dr. Villarreal's Performance

GOOD

I didn't get far enough to make an appointment with the receptionist. She asked for my insurance card number and i said I would get it which took me 5 seconds but she said for me to call back once I had my card . I called back 5 seconds later and she put me on hold for 10 minutes. I called back and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option2
I was in excruciating pain from spinal stenosis that was growing worse by the day. Dr Villareal performed two epidurals within a few days. The procedures went well and by the next morning the pain was totally gone. Dr Villareal is highly skilled and experienced. Outstanding staff as well! ...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
This company herds u thru like cattle. Not a caring atmosphere. I've only seen Doc. once, they then have nurses see you. He reduced my pain Rx to the point I'm in nearly constant pain. I live more than an hour away. Bad Dr. Try & find diff Dr to treat you.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option2
I in fact put the wrong date for my very first appointment and when I called they re-scheduled me for a later time that same day. The staff was very professional and friendly and helpfull Dr. Villareal was caring and personable. He explained my condition to me in a way that was easy to...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1
Excellent experience. The staff was courteous and very professional. Facilities were clean, and wait was reasonable considering the number of patients. Dr. Villareal took his time with me and explained everything in detail. He answered all my questions and put me at ease. Would definitely use...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1