Dr. Jose Rodriguez, MD

Dr. Jose Rodriguez, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Jose Rodriguez, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

523 E 72nd St Fl 9

New York, NY 10021

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Rodriguez

See how frequently Dr. Rodriguez performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hip
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Rodriguez's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

• Bone Cancer
  • Bunion
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Columbia-Presbyterian Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Hospital For Special Surgery
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Maurice E. Muller Foundation Of North America (Switzerland)
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Ranawat Orthopaedic Center-Lenox Hill Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Rodriguez has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Rodriguez has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rodriguez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rodriguez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rodriguez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rodriguez to family and friends
Dr. Rodriguez's Performance
in Long Beach, NY |
Had Bi-lateral knee&Bi-lateral hip replacements ,done by Dr.Rodriguez.Kind,compassionate &caring.Over six years ago,without any complications.I have recommended him to many of my neighbors,all who highly recommend Him also..
in New York City |
Dr. Rodriguez not only is a brilliant surgeon, he is the most caring & sympathetic human being possible, with an excellent bedside manner. He listens to you, never rushing you, looking at you, not at the keys of a computer, inputting your medical history. He always takes care of his patients post - op himself; he is very "hands on"! His office staff, too, are top rate. I'm so happy & grateful to him for restoring my mobility & making me pain free after my total, bilateral, knee replacement!
in Nyc ny |
The kindest most professional an great doctor. If you hip or knee issues look no further. He has replaced my hips ( a few years apart), I'm grateful to have him. He made going to the dentist worse than the two surgeries. He's the go to guy!
Hampton Bays, NY |
I had anterior hip replacement with Dr Rodriguez with great results.
in New York City |
Dr. Rodriguez is a rock star. Four weeks ago I had a total hip replacement (anterior is his specialty). Within two days post op, I was walking with a cane in my apartment and within a week, I was pretty mobile. While I am still recovering, I am walking around NYC as if I were a 30 year old (am 64) and haven't felt this kind of physical freedom for years, really. I am so grateful to Dr. Rodriquez and his wonderful team for radically changing the quality of my life.
in Manhattan, N. Y. |
I had a total hip replacement by Dr. Rodriguez on 1/11/17. At 81 yrs old, naturally I was concerned for the outcome. The results were outstanding. All the pain and discomfort I had was history. As an individual I found Dr. Rodriquez (and his staff) to be very compassionate, empathetic and genuine. As a surgeon he is on the top of the best. I recommend him very highly. For me, he is the best.
Bronx, NY |
Dr Rodriquez is skilled knowledgeable and compassionate. He actually listens and is the full package you want in a surgeon. His staff reflect his compassion they also are easy to work with It is wonderful that he is moving his practice to Hospital for Special Surgery as Lenox hill hospital was not up to his level
in Floral Park, NY |
I actually have recommended Dr. Rodriguez to someone who is presently scheduled for double hip replacement.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Rodriguez is an incredibly gifted surgeon who is also kind and considerate. It was Dr. Rodriguez himeslf who called me back late on a Saturday night after I contacted his service. He put my concerns to rest and made me feel comfortable and well cared for. In addition, he has imparted these values on his staff. They never hesitate to return calls, to treat patients with kindness and concern and to make patients feel good. I strongly recommend this surgeon.
New Hyde Park, NY |
Dr. Rodriguez operated on my friend, Mike, who is a fireman, 2 weeks ago. He had both hips replaced. He came walking into the gym today like nothing had happened! I've known Mike for 30 years. He had been in excruciating pain for the past few years. Every time he came to the gym he could hardly walk, always had this painful grimace on his face, and found it hard to break a smile. Now, just after two weeks of recovery, he walks perfectly, has no pain, and all smiles. Thanks for the miracle, Doc!
in Whitestone |
Dr. Rodriquez corrected a hip replacement gone wrong under another high profile surgeon's watch a decade ago. Three years ago he replaced my right knee. He is about to replace my left knee. His calm delivery, caring demeanor and honesty are attributes that complement the extraordinary gift of his skilled hands.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Rodriguez is the warmest, most knowledgeable physician I have encountered in my 66 years! He diagnosed my hip issues, did a full hip replacement, and had me up on my feet and out of the hospital the next day! I am walking 4-5 miles a day now, and cannot praise this caring physician enough!
in Manalapan, NJ |
I had gone for 3 opinions, 2 at the hospital for special surgery and one at Princeton Bone and Joint. It wasn't until I walked into Dr. Rodriguez's office and met with him and his staff that I knew this is the place for me. He looked at my x-rays, listened to my list of physical problems, and examined me. I told him that I have not had a quality of life for over 2 yrs and that he came HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I booked the operation. It was the BEST decision ever!!!
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Rodriguez was very thorough and his bedside manner is impeccable. He and his team were very accessible when needed
in Brooklyn, NY |
extremely competent, caring; excellent hospital experience at Lenox Hill. I had both my knees done, 18 months apart. Very satisfied with a difficult surgery, and recovery. One feels he/she is in the 'best hands.'
in New City, NY |
Was Excellent @ very satisfied with Dr. Rodriguez. Extremely Professional.
in East Hampton NY |
He spends time explaining care and is always available by telephone even on holidays...I have had only wonderful experiences with Dr. Rodriguez and ALL of his excellent staff..
in New York, NY |
Dr. rodriguez is caring and excellent doctor. I am very happy to have chosen him for my hip replacement.
in Oceanport, NJ |
There is no better orthopedic surgeon. Dr. R is the man. I have had total hip replacement, and 2 partial knee replacements. Each time, I knew I was in good hands. Dr. Rodriguez enabled me to regain mobility and I was able to get back my life. You may have to wait a little in his office, but it is so worth it.
in Staten Island, NY |
I don't think there is enough room here to say all the good things I want to say about Dr. Rodriguez. He fully explained the procedure and did not sugar coat the recovery from my Total Knee Replacement. Everything he said would happen, did happen, so there were no surprises. I am now almost three weeks with my new knee and although I still have pain, I am walking unassisted and look forward to a pain free future.
in Milford, PA |
Doctor Rodriguez is simply the best. There are not too many orthopedic surgeons in the country who have the experience of replacing a hip on patients with cerebral palsy and with a leg length differential. The procedure has to be done in the front of the hip and thigh. Doctor Rodriguez has the experience, temperament and demeanor necessary to perform this surgery. I would not place my health in the hands of any other surgeon.
in New York, NY |
He is very clear as to procedure as well as aftercare and does not bog you down with extraneous details. He answers all questions clearly but you must be aggressive in asking for the information that you want to know.
in New York, NY |
I have had Total Hip Replacement with Dr. Rodriguez. He is upbeat, easy to understand and thorough. He takes the time to understand the mindset of his patients. He gives Clinical advice, and he also gives practical advice based on his assessment of his patient. For me, that was and is a magic formula. He helped me understand how to deal with the procedure prior to surgery and after surgery in a manner which fit my lifestyle.
in new york |
Outstanding level of care from Dr Rodriguez and his staff.
in Philadelphia pa |
Dr. Rodriguez, takes his time to understand your problem. Does not rush you. He's compassiate, thoughtful, easy to talk with, He save my leg after two hospitals wanted to amputee. I owe him my life. I had extensive and challenging surgery, only he was capable to do it. Thanks you Dr. You are my hero,
Have you seen Dr. Jose Rodriguez, MD?
Are you Dr. Rodriguez?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital

Visit Dr. Rodriguez