Dr. Jose Pagan, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 59

Psychiatry

Dr. Jose Pagan, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Corpus Christi, TX and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Pagan has extensive experience in Psychotic Disorders. He graduated from Universidad Central Del Caribe School Of Medicine medical school in 1992. His office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. Jose Pagan, MD

Jose E Pagan MD

5934 S Staples St Ste 230 Corpus Christi, TX 78413 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Pagan

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Pagan treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Pagan treats other conditions, please contact the office at (361) 993-1640.

Psychotic Disorders

Psychotic disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that cause severe mental symptoms and disconnection from reality, such as schizophrenia, delusional disorder, and substance-induced psychosis.Compare with other Psychotic Disorders specialists.

Dr. Pagan is experienced in the area of Psychotic Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Dr. Pagan accepts

Dr. Pagan accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Pagan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pagan

3.0

Dr. Pagan

Dr. Pagan has been a great doc for a few years now. I'm glad I went to him. The wait times are long but worth it.
  • Long wait times
Rosalie – Feb 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Pagan, MD?
I thought Dr. Pagan was a truly excellent Psychiatrist in everyway! I saw Dr. Pagan when my husband and I were stationed in Corpus Christi. Dr. Pagan took his time with me and listened to all my concerns. It was NEVER a quick in and out appointment like some psychiatrist I have seen. He answered every question I had about medicine and never forced a medication on me that I didn't feel comfortable taking! He is very professional and really down to earth. He provided excellent answers and feedback! He asked many questions during every visit which was extremely thorough! He monitored my medication very carefully. I truly enjoyed working with him. I highly recommend Dr. Pagan to anyone who is seeking REAL help!
Erica Crocker – Jul 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Pagan, MD?
Never got to actually see Dr. Pagan because after over a month of trying to get into see him (they either never answer the phone, aren't there during office hours listed, or they say they'll call you back and never do) his extremely rude and unprofessional employees, (who are clearly devoid of empathy) that answer the phone told me that he just said "no." She said "it could be his scheduling or a number of little things, but he said no" and the second rude woman I spoke to (Veronica) literally told me "all I can say is sorry, he said no, but this call is going in circles and is not important because I have ACTUAL PATIENTS to deal with."They are literally there to help people dealing with mental health issues and as someone with depression who was calling for help, I am DISGUSTED with his entire staff.
May 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Pagan, MD?
will say that this guy would rather attend to his cable satellite than talk to his patients ...left me for 15 min while he arranged his installation.... barely listened to anything
Mar 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Pagan, MD?
Pill pusher prescribes anything. Not therapeutic at all
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Corpus Christi, TX – Jul 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Pagan, MD?
He always addresses my issues in a prompt and concise manner. He is very respectful and never makes me feel as thought I have anything to feel bad or ashamed in life. He truly makes me feel like he cares.
R. J. E. in Ingleside – Jan 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Pagan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pagan?