Dr. Jose Montes, MD

Dr. Jose Montes, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Dr. Jose Montes, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Rockford, IL and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from University Of Illinois At Chicago / College Of Medicine in 2001 and specializes in psychiatry.

2709 Glenwood Ct

Rockford, IL 61101

• HAP Insurance
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Montes

See how frequently Dr. Montes performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Psychiatric Diseases
high
Schizophrenia
Gender Dysphoria

Dr. Montes's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*
  • Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Illinois At Chicago / College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2001

Dr. Montes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Montes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Montes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Montes' Reviews

2.8
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Montes to family and friends

Dr. Montes' Performance

GOOD

Do not go here. He will rip you off. Dr. Montes does not care about anyone’s well being. I was late to an appointment 10 minutes, he dropped me as a client. I literally was there for 4 months and paid over 3,000. There are other dr. In Rockford that won’t do that.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I saw this provider for many years. He is condescending. He doesn't handle crisis situations. Hard to get refills due to him canceling and rescheduling appointments. Front office staff has a very high turn over rate. You might get 5 mins out of a scheduled 20min appointment. He's not easy to talk...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I had an intake appointment with Dr. Montes. He was very condescending in his tone. And he disagreed with a former diagnosis of social phobia and was dismissive of comments that I had made to support the diagnosis...was even argumentative; I shouldn't have to feel as if I need to defend a past...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Attentive, expressed care and concern, expressed desire for me to get well...all his interactions with me leave me feeling hopeful and heard. I have had many psychiatrists and Dr Montes and one other are the only ones I would recommend to a friend. You can tell Dr Montes cares about people.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I recently ran out of the SSRI that Dr Montes prescribed. I called almost a week ago to have the rx refilled. It STILL has not been called in and I leave tomorrow to travel overseas. I experience severe discontinuation symptoms if I stop my med suddenly. I was able to speak to the answering service...more
Are you Dr. Montes?