Dr. Jose Montes, MD

Psychiatry | Male

2709 Glenwood Ct Rockford, IL 61101 Get Directions
Dr. Jose Montes, MD

Dr. Jose Montes, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Rockford, IL. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 16 years.

Dr. Montes' Experience

See how Dr. Montes' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Montes

Dr. Montes accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Montes is now accepting new patients

Dr. Montes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Montes to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Montes' Performance
Belvidere, IL |
I saw this provider for many years. He is condescending. He doesn't handle crisis situations. Hard to get refills due to him canceling and rescheduling appointments. Front office staff has a very high turn over rate. You might get 5 mins out of a scheduled 20min appointment. He's not easy to talk to either. Trust me I have years of experience with him he writes his scripts and send u on your way!
Roscoe, IL |
I had an intake appointment with Dr. Montes. He was very condescending in his tone. And he disagreed with a former diagnosis of social phobia and was dismissive of comments that I had made to support the diagnosis...was even argumentative; I shouldn't have to feel as if I need to defend a past diagnosis. Very off-putting.
Rockford, IL |
Attentive, expressed care and concern, expressed desire for me to get well...all his interactions with me leave me feeling hopeful and heard. I have had many psychiatrists and Dr Montes and one other are the only ones I would recommend to a friend. You can tell Dr Montes cares about people.
I recently ran out of the SSRI that Dr Montes prescribed. I called almost a week ago to have the rx refilled. It STILL has not been called in and I leave tomorrow to travel overseas. I experience severe discontinuation symptoms if I stop my med suddenly. I was able to speak to the answering service today and explained everything to the woman... All she kept repeating was that "under no circumstances" could she page the Dr regarding rx refills. I now run the risk of feeling horrible on my trip.
Roscoe, IL |
Dr Montes was helpful in initial consultation. the professionalism of him and his staff at the clinic was very disappointing on my follow up. I arrived slightly late, but still within a time frame I felt was appropriate. The dr did not have another patient and saw me waiting. This is a very small office and I believe if patient care was a priority I could have been seen at little to no inconvenience to the Dr. Furthermore my SSRI wasn't never refilled despite several pharmacy requests.
in Loves Parik, IL |
He really cares about his patients. He takes time. He never makes you feel he is busy.
Have you seen Dr. Jose Montes, MD?
Are you Dr. Montes?

Compare Dr. Montes

Dr. Montes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Family Practice and Psychiatry

Dr. Montes has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Montes' Board Certifications

• Family Practice
  • Psychiatry

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Gender Dysphoria
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

University Of Illinois At Chicago / College Of Medicine

Graduated in 2001

Dr. Montes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Montes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)