Dr. Jose Mena, MD

Dr. Jose Mena, MD

Cardiovascular Surgery | Male | 58 years old

Dr. Jose Mena earned his medical degree in San Jose, Costa Rica. He did his residency in General Surgery at the Ochsner Clinic in New Orleans and then went on to do a Fellowship in Peripheral Vascular Surgery at New York University. After being on the Faculty at the Medical College of Georgia and in private practice, he returned and completed a Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Surgery at the Ochsner Clinic. He stayed on as an attending physician doing both Cardiothoracic and Peripheral Vascular Surgery. His professional interests include Coronary Artery, Carotid Artery, and Aortic Surgery including Endograft Repair of Aneurysms, Endovascular Diagnostic and Interventional Procedures, and the diagnosis and treatment of Disorders of the Veins of the lower extremities. He practices at the Ochsner Health Centers in Covington, Slidell, and Hammond.Read more

Ochsner Health Center - Covington
1000 Ochsner Blvd
Covington, LA 70433 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

My many years of extensive training, multiple certifications, and constant education in the field of cardiovascular and thoracic surgery have prepared me to deliver the best care possible to each and every patient. My staff and I pride ourselves in providing the personal touch while delivering outstanding professional care to my patients and their families. We always listen to our patients. We provide the best information and advise in a very clear manner and include our patients and their families in the decision making. Empathy, concern and kindness are traits that are an integral part of our delivery of care.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Mena's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Mena's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mena

Dr. Mena accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Mena has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Mena's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mena to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Mena
Dr. Mena's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (9)
in Mandeville, LA |
For the very first time in my life (43 yrs) I have met a doctor who's bedside manner is PHENOMENAL!! Dr. Mena's true care and concern for his patients is out of this world. It's unfortunate I have to see a Vascular surgeon but I THANK GOD I am seeing the BEST that Ochsner has!
in Mandeville, LA |
Doc has performed 3 different surgeries on me for blood clots. To sum him up in one sentence. He cares!!! He's the best.
in Hammond, La |
Dr. Mena provided excellent care. Without Dr. Mena's excellent care and service i would not have survived getting shot during a car jacking. He was able to replace a major artery and vein perfectly. My recovery time was far less than was expected as well.
in Sun, LA |
I went into hospital with what I thought was pneumonia, while in the ER I had a heart attack. Dr., Mena performed 5 bypasses. He was caring & has a great bedside manner. Answered all of my questions, gave me all the information regarding my condition and what needed to be done and checked on me regularly before and after surgery, even late at night. I would highly recommend him as I feel he goes above and beyond his responsibilities before, during & after surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Jose Mena, MD?
Are you Dr. Mena?

Compare Dr. Mena

More Cardiac Surgery Specialists like Dr. Mena at Ochsner Health Center - Covington