Dr. Jose Lopez, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Male

Dr. Lopez

Norman Parathyroid Center

2400 Cypress Glen Dr Wesley Chapel, FL 33544

Dr. Jose Lopez, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Wesley Chapel, FL and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from Ponce School Of Medicine in 1998 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism.

Dr. Lopez accepts

Dr. Lopez accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO
Blue Preferred Patient Care PPO

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Lopez's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Hyperparathyroidism, Neonatal, Severe Primary
  • Primary Hyperparathyroidism
  • Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant

Dr. Lopez treats Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Lopez treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Minimally Invasive Parathyrodectomy

Dr. Lopez?
Dr. Lopez's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jose Lopez, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr Lopez performed my surgery for PHPT on 5/29/19. He was amazing! I am currently 5 days post op and am stunned by how great I feel. I knew I was sick and felt bad but I had no idea this surgery would make me feel this good. There is so much truth to feeling 25 years younger after this surgery. I had heard about it from others but you just can’t grasp what it means until you experience it. AMAZING! I hope and pray it lasts! R Cooper
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Lopez, MD?
Dr. Lopez was the lead surgeon for my parathyroidectomy. He was extremely professional, kind, and thorough during my consultation, and before and after my surgery. I traveled from VA to FL for my surgery as Dr. Lopez and the surgeons with the Norman Parathyroid Center (NPC) are world leaders in parathyroid surgery and hyperparathyroidism diagnosis. Anyone having a difficult time getting their primary care doctor or even their endocrinologist to approve the ONLY solution for hyperparathyroidism - surgery- may wish to consider contacting NPC. I am most grateful to everyone at NPC - from scheduling staff, administrative staff and receptionist to all the nurses and doctors. Looking forward to renewed good health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Lopez, MD?
Dr. Lopez was fantastic. I could not have asked for better care. He is an amazing, knowledgeable surgeon. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Lopez, MD?
Dr Lopez was amazing! I found him to be very professional, thorough, compassionate, and attentive.Excellent surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Lopez, MD?
He is the best. Very competent and bedside manner is excellent. Very caring and down to earth. No surgeon ego. Highly recommended
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Lopez, MD?
Dr. Lopez is outstanding! Made a beautiful incision that has faded so much away 2 weeks post-op. He is smart, compassionate, & listened to my concerns with my genetic disorders. I can not say enough! The staff were awesome & made the entire experience a breeze. Im so happy I chose NPC to help save my life. I have no pain, after suffering for at least 10 years. Thanks for my do-over on my life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Lopez, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Lopez. He is a very kind and professional doctor. He was very caring and made having my surgery a breeze. Thank you so much Dr. Lopez.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Lopez, MD?
Dr. Lopez is highly skilled and very personable. I am 4 days post surgery and all the bone and muscle pain is gone. I am very confident in Dr. Lopez's skill and in the post op care. The website and apps are tremendous help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Lopez, MD?
Extremely knowledgeable and very reassuring. I felt at ease and extremely confident in the care I received.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Lopez, MD?
Dr. Lopez is the best of the best! He is awesome!!! The surgery he performed was quick and pain free. He has his act together, he knows what he is doing, he does it well and he cares!! I highly, highly, highly recommend Dr. Lopez and his staff to anyone with hyperparathyroidism.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Lopez, MD?
Dr. Lopez along with Dr. Politz and Parrack performed a parathyroidectomy on 5/24/2017. The care I received was outstanding. Dr. Lopez helped me through the decision making process by providing me with all the information I needed to make an informed decision. From the first contact through my recovery, I was treated with respect, kindness and genuine concern. If you need parathyroid surgery go to the best surgeons at the Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa, Florida!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Lopez, MD?
I came to Tampa to have a parathyroidectomy. My case was more complicated due to a large nodule on my thyroid which was behind a vocal cord that was not where it was expected to be. Dr. Lopez, Dr. Norman, and Dr. Boone made an excellent team! I had a smooth procedure and even though I had to have a port installed, I still left the same day (no overnight stay). Dr. Lopez called to check on me and answered my questions. I have never had such excellent care from an exceptional medical team!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Lopez, MD?
Awesome! I suspected something was up with my high calcium and PTH...GP and Endo were not convinced but I felt so crappy...I contacted the NPC, Dr. Lopez was my surgeon/consult...he suspected and gave me the option of exploratory or wait 6 months. I opted for exploratory in Tampa, boy was I thrilled I did. Dr. Lopez and team are wonderful, great personalities, awesome care, didn't hound you for money, and voila, he found TWO Adenomas! i knew it! Thank you, Dr. Lopez and team! Your nurses rule.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Lopez, MD?
I am a physician and understand the special expertise necessary to diagnose and treat parathyroid problems. Dr Lopez and his team sorted through my symptoms and labs quickly. They were able to image a mass too small for my home town radiologists to see. My operation was smooth and reasonably comfortable. This team is the best at parathyroid disease and why I came from New Orleans to Tampa to work with them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Lopez, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lopez?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Lopez treats patients.