Dr. Jose Leon, MD

Dr. Jose Leon, MD

Pediatrics  |
45 reviews

Contact provider for availability

Dr. Jose Leon, MD is a pediatrics doctor who practices in Margate, FL. He is 70 years old. Dr. Leon is affiliated with Northwest Medical Center....See Less

Northwest Broward Pediatrics

• CoreSource
  • HealthFirst
  • MedHealthInsurance

Learn about Dr. Leon

Jose M. Leon, MD, FAAP, is a Fellow of The American Academy of Pediatrics. Dr.Leon has been a resident of South Florida for the last 40 years and received his medical degree from the University of Salamanca School of Medicine in Spain. He completed his pediatric residency at Miami Children's Hospital and the University of Miami in 1976, where he was the recipeient of the Greater Miami Pediatric Society Outstanding Pediatric Resident at Jackson Memorial Hospital. After finishing his last years as a Chief Resident of Pediatric, he opened his practice at Margate, Florida in 1976 and became a co-founder of Northwest Broward Pediatrics in 1982. Dr.Leon has two kids Derek and Rebeca and two grandchildren Nicholas and Alexa.

Dr. Leon's Experience

Dr. Leon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatrics

• Miami Chldns Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1973
  • Jackson Meml Hosp/u Miami
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1976

Dr. Leon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Leon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Leon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Leon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Leon to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Leon's Performance
in Hollywood, FL |
I have known Dr leon for over 35 years and he has not changed since day 1. Dr Leon is funny, and a good singer!!! He is so entertaining and as a Doctor number 1!!!! 5 stars!!!
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
LET ME BEGIN WITH THE DR...HE IS AMAZING!!!!! LOVE HIM! BUT HIS STAFF IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY!!!! I DECIDED TO SWITCH DRS ITS BEEN 3WEEKS THAT I REQUESTED MEDICAL RECORDS AND THE NEW DR HASNT RECEIVED THEM. MY NEW DR CALLED AND THEY TOLD THEM THAT WE HAVENT BEEN SEEN IN OVER 1 YEAR(WHICH IS A LIE) SO CHART IS IN WAREHOUSE, WHICH BY LAW YOU ARE TO KEEP CHARTS FOR 7 YEARS!!! LIES, LIES, LIE! WORST OFFICE STAFF!
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Although Dr. Leon may be a great doctor, with wonderful skills, including awesome bedside manners that set you right at ease, his office staff's performance leaves a lot to be desired. They are slow, not knowledgeable about their patients' needs, unprofessional, and absolutely unskilled in performing their respective tasks. This is a personal observation over several months. I love the service from Dr. Leon, but his staff's incompetence may lead me to look elsewhere for my family...??
Coral Springs, FL |
He truly is the best pediatrician.
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
Dr. Leon truly takes the time to listen to his patients' needs and concerns. He is incredibly patient and social with his patients. This makes them feel comfortable when they are feeling their worst:(. I am so grateful for the care that my daughter received?.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Leon has a clean office, nice staff, and beautiful rooms, any doctor can have these things. What other doctors' can't have, is Dr. Leon's exceptional ability to be compassionate, caring, and geniune.
in Fort Lauderdale |
Great doctor, even greater person!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Leon is truly a great person. He is intelligent, kind, everything a person should be. The guy could of been a mechanic, and he would still be loved by all his clients.
Royal Palm |
Love! Love! Love!
in Parkland |
Dr. Leon is intelligent, and downright inspirational! I went there as a child, and now it is nice to see the rooms finally decorated properly!! My daughter's favorite room is the Princess room! The office is very clean, and old-fashioned care! I am glad he finds his happiness through his work! Never retire!!
in Boca Raton |
Dr. Leon has been the best doctor that I could ever ask for. I thank god for bringing him to my life during a time of sorrow. My son had a brain tumour, and Dr. Leon and his staff helped me with compassion, and understanding. Don't worry! Jason, My son, is doing great!!!!!!!!
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Love this office so much! Dr. Leon is amazing with my children. I had a sick 10 year old, and they accommodated me in to the schedule very easily! The room themes are very cool, my three year old loves the Dinosaur room! Hearing his stories about being raised in Cuba is inspiring. He knows what he is talking about, and I trust his judgement. He is very compassionate, and I would not take my children anywhere else.
in Lake Worth, FL |
A terrific doctor and person. Experienced and caring. We drive 1 hour to see him since we moved from Broward to Palm Beach.
in Coconut Creek, FL |
This office is like taking a trip to Disney World! I have been coming to this office and have seen all 4 doctors and by far Dr. Leon is the BEST. He is an Old fashion doctor that takes his time to listen and care. Dr. Leon is so intelligent and has never misdiagnosed my boys.
in Marietta, GA |
The absolute worst! Waited two hours with a sick child. Staff is awful. I had to call my own insurance company bc the girl couldn't figure out how to do it. They told us to come in at 1:45 and didn't see us until 3:45. Do not waste your time!!! Open light sockets, dirty office. Horrible. They should tell you that you will be "squeezed in" when you make a sick appt. what is even the point of making appt!!!
in Sunrise, FL |
Dr, Leon is a great doctor and very kind to the kids. He knows what he is talking about and explains everything you need to know. He was my pediatrian when I was a kid, and now I have him as my 4 month old daughters doctor. I made sure that my insurance took him as a doctor otherwise I would not go with the company. He is also the doctor for my 4 nephews and my niece. One of my sisters drive from Port Saint Lucie to take her son here for his doctors appointment
Have you seen Dr. Jose Leon, MD?
Are you Dr. Leon?