Dr. Jose Guillem, MD

Colorectal Surgery •  Male • Age 63

Dr. Guillem

Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center - Neurosurgery

300 E 66th St New York, NY 10065

Dr. Jose Guillem, MD is a colorectal surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from Yale University School of Medicine in 1983 and specializes in colorectal surgery.

Dr. Guillem's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Guillem

3.9

Dr. Guillem?
Dr. Guillem's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jose Guillem, MD
Dr. Guillem saved my life. I could not be more grateful. Great Dr. very knowledgeable about Lynch Syndrome. I have come to find that not too many drs know about this mutation, thank god I got to him before it was too late.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Guillem, MD?
in 2014 i was put in a reserch study with this dr guillem went thru kemo and radation treatment 2 years later was told i needed surgery to remove a good part of my colon and rectum l went to see him and consented to have this surgery on a monday but cancelled got a second opinen on friday before this surgery from a different dr he did a biopisy on the colon area and i was told i did not need no surgery he really saved my ....ss so you tell me how good this dr guillem is lol i can never recomend this dr guilliam to anybody its been over 5 yrs i been ok why didint dr guilliam to a simple biopsy ......///
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Guillem, MD?
Dr. Guillem is the finest doctor I have ever come in contact with. Not only for his expert care, (I could write pages regarding this) but also for his wonderful attitude. He is a man who can make you feel comfortable and confident that all will be well. He operated on me three times in 2017 for rectal cancer and I have just passed the two year anniversary of the last operation. I thank God for his care each day. The staff at MSKCC are also wonderful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Guillem, MD?
Excellent surgeon. Very smart. On time for appointments. Msk is great cancer hospital. I see some people giving him one star for bedside manner I found him to be informative, take his time with me and actually have a good sense of humor. The staff is excellent as well very responsive and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Guillem, MD?
I would not recommend this Doctor. He seemed like he was so smart and told us everything will be ok and its has been anything but that. He removed all but a small piece of my colon and I have suffered for years. I can only eat certain foods and spent most of my time in the restroom. Be very careful, do a lot of research, do not use this doctor. Michael Krajcik
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Guillem, MD?
Dr. Guillem’s expertise and patient centered style were amazing throughout my Colorectal cancer surgery process. He was direct in highlighting the risks and his significant experience with those in a similar situation to mine made a huge difference in quality of life outcome for me. He has a great team and highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Guillem, MD?
No beside manner. Felt like a number only. Not responsive to answering questions. Would never recommend him and I'm sure that's why this review continues to be rejected. He is a pompous person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Guillem, MD?
Dr. Guillem is an excellent doctor who prides himself on research and performing surgery.His ability to interact with his patients and comforting ability is exceptional.His enthusiasm and sincerity is awesome !! He is an excellent communicator and eager to listen and answer any question one has.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jose Guillem, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Guillem?

• Colorectal Surgery