Dr. Jose De Ocampo, MD

Practices Clinical Neurophysiology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 2.5 after 59 reviews.
Author:
Friendly office staff, after that not a good experience Waited over an hour for my 10:00 appt Rude nurse practitioner Saw Dr. D for approx 3 min A waste of time
Author:
I went to Dr. De Ocampo for a second opinion for my daughter’s health issue. After waiting for almost 2 hours, the doctor was rude and didn’t seem interested to hear the details of her condition. He kept telling me to “focus” and when giving me the name of what he thought she had, instead of explaining it.... he told me “to Google it”!! He is an extremely rude and condescending person that shouldn’t be practicing medicine!
Author:
I THOUGHT I found a good doctor. I found another GOD doctor! Refused to acknowledge tests and reports from a renowned sleep specialist that are barely two years old. Treated me like I was drug seeking, even though I have years of medical records that show otherwise. Suggested that I see a psychiatrist for the mood swings, depression and anxiety that are ABSOLUTELY being caused by my HORRIBLE exhaustion. Skip this doc if you have a complicated case or need immediate care. GREAT STAFF!
Author:
I have had headaches for the past 40 years. No one has ever taken me more serious and did as much for me as Dr DeOcampo. He has been proactive, and aggressive. Finally, a smart man who is actively looking for answers and solutions to help me! I have had to wait 20 min. past my appointment a couple times but he does not rush you. He listens and treats. I'm very happy with his care.
Author:
I feel that Dr. De Ocampo is a very good doctor however his front office staff is very neglectful of their duties in dealing with his patients. Their response to messages left they seem to feel that it is not necessary to respond to those in the timely manner if they return them at all. I am at the point that I may need to look for a different Neurologist after seeing this doctor for 3 years, even though I like him, the front office is too frustrating to deal with.
Author:
Everything that could go wrong, did. The office staff made mistakes at every single step or dropped the ball. They may lose your records, so keep copies! The doctor showed lack of concern and did not listen. There were no glaring anomalies in my sleep study, so he dismissed me completely, ignoring the symptoms I reported. He said “I can’t treat something that does not show in the data”. I find this mindset deeply flawed. I want a physician that takes me seriously and examines the whole person.
Author:
The worst front office staff ever!!!
Author:
Dr. De Ocampo manages my migraines/headaches beautifully. I amean a complicated patient with recurrent brain tumor, history of neurosurgery and a rare cancer syndrome, and his regimen keeps me active and as pain free a possible. This man is smart. He knows more about headaches and treatment of associated pain than any other MD, and. I've seen several. I am limited in what rx I can take due to interactions with chemo, but he is undeterred with a great bedside manner. I could expand for pages.
Author:
Michelle in De Ocampo's office would not give us the results of our son's MRI. They wanted us to come in, so they could charge us for a follow up office visit. I told them I have never heard of this, and why would I pay them again for the results of my son's MRI. Disgusting!! Beware of everything you will have to pay them!!!
Author:
Dr De Ocampo is simply AMAZING! I was in a severe car accident last year & was in desperate need of a neurologist to treat my concussion & nerves. As soon as Dr De Ocampo learned my situation he scheduled an immediate appointment to see me. He is extremely knowledgeable and was able to find issues others weren't. He was able to treat my severe concussion and made the crippling pain go away completely! He is a miracle worker & I trust him entirely. I highly recommend Dr De Ocampo, he's the best!
Author:
Dr. De Ocampo has incredible bedside manner and extreme expertise in the field of Neurology. I was confident in his treatment suggestions and decisions that we made together and would recommend him to family and friends. His NP Christy is extremely knowledgeable and truly listens to patients needs. I enjoy this practice and everyone that I come into contact there is always nice and helpful.
Author:
Both Dr. De Ocampo and Christy were excellent in every way! After listening intently to my symptoms they came up with an immediate plan of action. They were clear and concise communicators, and patiently answered all my questions. I would highly recommend themail both!
Author:
My experience with Dr. DeOcampo and his staff has always been amazing. They are very professional and Dr. DeOcampo takes his time to answer all my questions. I highly recommend him.
Author:
As others have discussed, the disorganization and lack of assistance from the office staff is very poor here. I can not recommend this doctor. I was told a test order was called in a month ago. After multiple follow ups, it has still not been called in. There are real problems here with follow up.
Author:
Dr. De Ocampo is friendly and always showed interest in my diagnosis. His office staff on the other hand is absolutely terrible. They are incapable of sending referrals, and have to constantly remind the staff to resend. The office staff has no idea how to properly run an office, and I will be seeking another Neuro.
Author:
Never. Condescending. Unresponsive. Rude. With this type of atmosphere, you would st least like to feel that you are getting a top notch doctor and care, definitely not the case.
Author:
Be VERY CAUTIOUS about this doctors office because they will lie to you and charge you HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS more than they promised. I had numerous issues with Dr. Jose De Ocampo and his office Manager Barbara being condescending, rude and stating lie over lie.
Author:
I have been a long time patient with Dr. De Ocampo and at first his office staff has always been something to be desired. Some are nice and some are just plain old rude. Dr. De Ocampo never was the best doctor, but he use to at least listen and show genuine care and concern. Over the past couple years he has increasingly become less interested in what you have to say, obnoxious, very self centered and snippy. All that fancy equipment in your office doesn't make you a good doctor. You once cared.
Author:
Does not listen to you and never seems to know why you were there to see him, when he is the one who requested to have a follow up visit. does not seem to want to figure out what is wrong will only do xrays or test if you persist to verify the diagnoses he feels it is. makes you feel like you are bothering him by being there. staff is rude and not helpful at all.