Dr. Jose Cruz, MD

Dr. Jose Cruz, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Dr. Jose Cruz, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Tampa, FL. He is 55 years old. Dr. Cruz is affiliated with Morton Plant North Bay Hospital.

Dr. Cruz's Experience

See how Dr. Cruz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cruz

Dr. Cruz accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Cruz has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cruz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cruz to family and friends
    3.2
    Dr. Cruz's Performance
    in Tampa, FL |
    he is not, a good doctor he is a negative 5 star.
    in Tampa, FL |
    If I could give a negative star I would! I used to go to his old office in 2013 and he seemed a lot nicer and caring then. I went in yesterday and he basically called me a liar and was very rude to me and seemed money hungry. I left in the middle of an argument about how he used to take my insurance for suboxone and he stated no I've never taken insurance for that. Thats the whole reason I stopped going is lack of insurance. Never been treated so poorly.
    in Tampa, FL |
    If I could give the Doctor a zero stars I would. He insist that you see him every 3 months, if you need a prescription he refuses to give it to you unless you make an appointment. Then when you try to make an appointment either no one answers the phone or he is too busy to see you and you have to go days without you life saving medication. Terrible doctor and office staff.
    in Tampa, FL |
    I had gone in to renew my birth control and get my annual PAP. I told him that and he proceeded to tell me I didn't need one (even though it had been a year) and gave me two months prescription. He then proceeded to tell me he wanted me to get blood work done to check my thyroid since I'm overweight (I'm 140lb and 5'4), definitely not. I ended up having to go back in after the two months AGAIN and getting a pap. Never re upped my prescription and it took me 3 weeks to get a call back..awful
    in Brandon, FL |
    I have been a treated by Dr. Cruz for the past two years. He and his staff are very affectionate caring people. I happen upon his care through a federal provider list. He take the time to listen to your concerns and give you a sound responds.
    in Tampa, Florida |
    He did not make me feel like he cared about me. He was more interested in seeing as many patients as he can for the day but for the money and not to treat them, that's how he made me feel. My visit with the doctor lasted less than 5 minutes then he was ready to send me off to make way for the next patient. I waited over 45mins to see him whilst patients who came after me and had appointment times after mine were seen before me. The office staff is very rude and untrained. I will not go back!
    Have you seen Dr. Jose Cruz, MD?
    Are you Dr. Cruz?

Dr. Cruz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
    •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Cruz has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cruz's Board Certifications

• High Cholesterol
    • Injuries
    • Menopause
    • Pneumonia
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

Faculty Of Medicine / University La Habana
      Montgomery Hospital

Dr. Cruz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cruz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage