Neurology  |
Dr. Jose Cardenas, MD
Dr. Jose A. Cardenas specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of neurological conditions including stroke, migraines, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's disease. He is uniquely qualified in vascular neurology, neuroimaging modalities and headache medicine. Dr. Cardenas received his medical degree from LaSalle University, Mexican School of Medicine, Mexico City. He completed an internship at New York Medical College Metropolitan Hospital Center, New York, and his residency and a fellowship in Vascular Neurology/Stroke at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas. Dr. Cardenas is board certified in General Adult Neurology, Vascular Neurology and Headache Medicine.

7557 Dannaher Dr Ste 140

• HealthPlus Amerigroup
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Cardenas

Dr. Cardenas' Experience

Dr. Cardenas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Diplopia
  • Epilepsy
  • Essential Tremor
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Nystagmus
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

• Electrodiagnostic Procedure
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Occipital Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Lasalle U Schl Of Med Mexico City
  • Ut Southwestern Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Ut Southwestern Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Cardenas has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cardenas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cardenas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cardenas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cardenas to family and friends
Dr. Cardenas' Performance
in knoxville, TN |
I have several health issues and diseases that prompted other doctors to recommend I see Dr. Cardenas. I thank those doctors for sending me to Dr. Cardenas as he is the most courteous doctor I have seen in years. He genuinely cares about his patient and spends enough time talking to you to get all the facts. He does not rush in and out the way most medical professionals do these days. Thank you Dr. Cardenas for helping me!
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr Cardenas listened to my symptoms and gave us some good information and treatment. I would highly recommend his services and staff.
in Tennessee |
Dr. Cardenas is my neurologist, even though I am a stubborn patient he is so kind and so skilled. Yes the wait will be long as with any specialist but with dr. Cardenas it is certainly worth it!
Cookeville, TN |
I have ideopathic intracranial hypertension and my vision has been compromised but I can't be seen until the end of august. I'm sure he is a great doctor, but I wish for emergency cases there were options so I wouldn't have to live with constant debilitating migraines and nausea. It's scary waiting and hoping the pressure in my brain won't cause permanent damage before someone will see me.
Loudon, TN |
Big waste of time and big disappointment! Back in September, I set up an appointment prior to moving to Tennessee. The earliest they could get me in was December 12th. I had all of my records sent over from my previous neurologist. Dr. Cardenas reviewed the records, and because of the amount of time that I was waiting to get in for my first appointment (3 1/2 months), he agreed to do the Botox Injections for treatment of migraine headaches on the first appointment, December 12th. I also reviewe
I am truly sorry that your experience with our office was not positive. Unfortunately your review is not complete and I was unable to identify your specific problem. I understand that the wait time for your visit was longer than expected. We try to be as expeditious as possible and offer new patient visits promptly, however I allocate enough time for my visits to make sure we provide a good service. I will be happy to rectify any problems you may have, feel free to contact our office.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Cardenas is great! He listens and he explains things very well and very patiently. In comparison with my experience with many doctors (not only in his field, but others), I rate him very highly in patient interaction and care.
in Farragut, TN |
When I moved to Knoxville, I had to find a new migraine doc. I used to go to the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago, so my standards are high. I chose Dr. C based on his membership in headache-related professional societies--a good call! He listens, he cares about the patient's problems and he is always willing to answer questions. In fact, he seems to enjoy questions that show the patient has been doing some research. He provides more info than I expected. He's great and I'm glad I found him.
in Knoxville, TN |
Very thoughtful and well versed on medications for migraines.
in Lafollette tn |
He is the best in east tn hands down. He listens and is very concerned about his patients. Highly recommend him to anyone.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr Cardenas and his staff are just wonderful! It was refreshing to be listened to and cared for by someone that really takes time and shows interest. I have been very happy with Dr Cardenas. I am grateful for his care, he is a great person and a very smart doctor
Horrible Doctor.
I am sorry you did not have a pleasant experience in our office, we do strive to offer the best and most compassionate care to our patients
Knoxville, TN |
Dr Cardenas, makes you feel very comfortable. He is very knowledgeable in his field of practice. I am very blessed in having him as my Neurologist. His medical assistant and Nurse Practitioner are fantastic.
in Oliver Springs, TN |
I never saw him but he has a lot of great strengths and potential. I am looking for a closer neurologist.
Have you seen Dr. Jose Cardenas, MD?

Visit Dr. Cardenas