Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery  |
Dr. Jose Barrera, MD is a facial plastic & reconstructive surgery doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Read his story

14603 Huebner Rd Ste 102

San Antonio, TX 78230

• Wells Fargo Insurance

Learn about Dr. Barrera

See how frequently Dr. Barrera performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
Sleep Disorders
Sleep Apnea

Dr. Barrera's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Barrera's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Barrera "Dr. Jose Barrera is a triple board certified Otolaryngologist (Ear, Nose, and Throat), Sleep Medicine, and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon. He received his Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry graduating with military distinction from the U.S. Air Force Academy. He attended the University of Colorado School of Medicine and completed a research fellowship in translational genomics. Dr. Barrera received his surgical training as a general surgery intern at Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver, Colorado and was awarded the Outstanding Intern of the Year Award. He completed an Otolaryngology-Head and Neck residency at the University of Colorado. Dr. Barrera served with the US Air Force in Japan and was awarded the Air Force's Top Clinical Research Award and the Pacific Surgeon of the Year award. He has also earned the 56th Annual Flemming Award for exemplary contribution to the Federal Government in Scientific Research. Dr. Barrera completed two surgical fellowships in Sleep Surgery and in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Stanford University. Dr. Barrera served as the Chairman of Otolaryngology and Chief of Facial Plastic Surgery at both the San Antonio Military Medical Center and Wilford Hall Medical Center. He is currently in private practice in San Antonio at Texas Facial Plastic Surgery and ENT."

This content was provided by Dr. Barrera "My desire is for patients to enjoy life as a gift. We are born with youthfulness, energy, and vigor. My desire is to return this gift to my patients. It is truly a privilege to work with my family, colleagues, and patients in achieving these aims. I will use my training and giftedness as a triple board certified specialist in Otolaryngology-head and neck surgery, Sleep Medicine, and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery to balance functional needs with aesthetic harmony."

• Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Facial Fracture
  • Facial Irregularities
  • Facial Lesions
  • Facial Trauma
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Jaw Fracture
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Snoring
  • Wrinkles

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Botox® Injection
  • Cleft Palate Repair (Palatoplasty)
  • Collagen Injection
  • Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
  • Cosmetic Facial Implant Surgery
  • Cosmetic Facial Surgery
  • Cosmetic Surgical Procedure
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Hylaform Injection
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Liposuction
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Neck Liposuction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Restylane® Injections

• Stanford Univ School Of Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Stanford University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Barrera has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Barrera does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barrera and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Barrera's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barrera to family and friends
Dr. Barrera Says:

Thank you for your feedback and response. Texas Facial Plastic Surgery and ENT aims to provide outstanding customer service and a comfortable patient experience. We look forward to seeing you back in our clinic.

Sincerely,

Dr. Barrera's Performance
in Three Rivers,Tx. |
I have been Dr. Barrera patient since February 2017 I have been very very impressed and happy with everything he's done for me, his professionalism and kind nature makes deciding what you need to have done easy and stress-free.
San Antonio, Texas |
Dr. Barrera is very professional and has such a calming manner which makes him very easy to talk to. He listens, explains your procedure completely (and in a way you can understand) and answers all of your questions and concerns. He has an excellent staff. From the moment I walked into the office I felt "cared for". One staff member (CB) was exceptional - exceeded my expectations!
Spring Branch, TX |
My experience with Dr Barrera has been the best. He’s a great plastic surgeon & in my most recent experience, a great ENT. I wouldn’t trust anyone else & I highly recommend him.
in San Antonio, TX |
Very satisfied with the attention Dr. Barrera gave, thumbs up...
Harlingen, TX |
Very kind and genuine physician. Excellent bedside manners and great surgical result. Is up to date with latest therapies. Office staff is great as well.
in San Antonio |
Dr. Barrera, your personal attention, and professional service of your staffs are exceptional.After going to 5 ENT doctors for my Sinus and not getting any result in past years, your treatment was like a miracle for me. You are my Number ONE doctor. definitely I will recommend you to friends and colleague. Thank you Doctor Barrera
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Barrera has put together an incredible team that support his skills in the most amazing way! He has performed more than one surgery on me, and has greatly enhanced the quality of my life by his knowledge of sleep disorders. From the front office staff, to his nurse, the facility he chooses his assisting surgeon and the anesthesiologist. The quality of care is remarkable and the results have been better than I expected.
in Rio Grande City, TX |
I consulted a couple of other surgeon’s, but automatically felt at ease when consulting with Dr. Barrera. He listened to all my needs, I was still apprehensive coming into the surgery (as anyone would), but in the end he exceeded all my goals and expectations! I would recommend him without reservation, from his staff to the pre and post op, I felt so comfortable and welcome there. I am loving my new nose!
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Barrera. His staff is extremely accommodating and very pleasant to work with. Dr. Barrera was very knowledgeable and thorough with his explanations of what my jaw surgery would involve as well as my pre and post surgery appointments. His bed side manner was impeccable! I felt complete confidence going into surgery and did not have any questions. I would and have, highly recommended his expertise to anyone who asks!
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Barrera is definitely a top facial plastic surgeon. We are extremely lucky to have him in our community. He has trained under some of the best plastic surgeons in the country. He is incredibly knowledgable, fully explains pros and cons, and let's you make the final decision. Further, he is well adversed in children's cranial facial complexities as he trained under one of the world's best children's cranial facial plastic surgeons at Stanford. Truly loves his work!
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Barrera is honest when you ask about procedures. He wil let you know based on his professional assessment, if you wil get the results you hope to achieve. I appreciate his candor! I'm always happy with my results when I leave his office. The staff is very helpful, as well.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Barrera and his staff were very friendly and courteous during my visit. They were all professional and answered any questions I had with due diligence. I would recommend Dr. Barrera and his team to anyone who is looking for a doctor that takes pride in what he does.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Barrera and his staff are so professional. They welcome me like family everytime I visit. I trust his professional opinion and years of experience. My surgeries went wonderfully and I would trust no one else with my healthcare and codemetuc needs.
in Texas |
Very knowledgeable, trust worthy and experienced doctor! Caring and helpful staff. Would highly recommend him for laser resurfacing. I had severe acne scars and was looking into laser resurfacing options to improve the texture of my face. I am grateful that Dr. Barrera was honest and straight forward from the beginning. He took the time to study case and presented available options. I removed moles and scars from face using laser treatments. I've had 3 treatments and I'm very happy with results.
Lydia, Thank you for your review of Dr. Jose Barrera, MD. We appreciate your trust and experience. Best regards, Texas Facial Plastic Surgery and ENT
San Antonio,TX |
Helped me in my decision to do Rhinoplasty. Results were great and natural looking.
in Edinburg, TX |
Excellent doctor and staff, highly recommend Dr. Barrera. He did a great job on my surgery. Highly knowledgeable and actually talks to you about your options. So glad I chose him to do my surgery.
Houston, TX |
Great doc with professionalism, timely manner, great bedside manner, and extremely knowledgeable in his field.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Barrera is an excellent doctor. He is personable and compassionate as well as highly skilled as a surgeon. I had surgery to treat sleep apnea and the results were very positive. I strongly recommend Dr. Barrera.
Norwalk, CA |
Had a wonderful appointment Dr. Barrera was excellent. I would highly recommend him.
in San Antonio, TX |
My nose was really messed up by another doctor, and Dr. Barrera fixed it. He did such a wonderful job that you can't even tell that there was anything wrong with it! Dr. Barrera is such an amazing doctor. He listens to your concerns, is very knowledgeable, and the best doctor in San Antonio for your face! I highly recommend Dr. Barrera for any surgery of your face.
in San Antonio, TX |
My daughter had 2 erbium laser treatments at $900 each and 1 Co2 treatment at the hospital for $3,500, Dr Barrera assured her acne scars would be much better, perhaps gone but they're not, much to the contrary. They actually look worse. We did everything he said to do. We discussed with him afterward, but he's dismissive unsympathetic and uncaring. He said, wait a year, that is how long it may take for her to see progress and there's none. She has her hands covering her face all the time, sad.
in San Antonio , TX |
I would recommend Dr. Barrera to family and friends. I had such a positive experience and felt I was treated with the utmost respect. Dr Barrera listened to me and understood my situation and provided options. Overall just extremely satisfied. .
Philadelphia, PA |
My life has changed since meeting Dr. Barrera, not for the better. I went to Dr. Barrera, after hearing great things, for revision rhinoplasty. I can't describe how disfigured I look! He performed a dramatic surgery in which he removed so much of my nose and tried to reshape it. My nose is warped, the tip of it is curved up that you can see into my nostrils andnot straight on my nose but rotated to the side. Lots of indentations and bumps. Now I am seeking a competent doc to redo.
We have reviewed our patient records and have never treated a patient from Philadelphia, PA. We serve thousands of patients every year and take each review seriously. We strive to create the best facial plastic surgery outcomes possible for patients seeking care to our practice in San Antonio, Texas.
in San Antonio, TX |
Excellent, on my first appointment the Doctor spent at least an hour discussing my sleep apnea problem with me ! Prior to the Dr performing surgery i was borderline diabetic with severe apnea . After a tripple P and 6 treatments to the base of the tongue i am no longer with severe apnea and no longer borderline diabetic. I have discovered that Dr Barrera being out of my insurance network is not a problem because he will work with you ! He has improved my life, Thanks Dr Barrera
Thank you for your honesty and review. I'm so glad your health has improved dramatically after sleep apnea surgery. Obstructive sleep apnea is a serious medical condition that must be addressed in order to improve quality of life and overall health. Thank you for choosing Dr. Jose Barrera, MD and our team at Texas Facial Plastic Surgery and ENT in San Antonio!
Have you seen Dr. Jose Barrera, MD?

Visit Dr. Barrera