Dr. Jose Amundaray, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Jose Amundaray, MD
Dr. Jose Amundaray is a Board Certified orthopedic surgeon specialized in adult joint reconstruction, with more than fifteen years experience practicing in Florida. He is fully bilingual in Spanish and English. Dr. Amundaray is originally from Puerto Rico. He completed his undergraduate B.S. degree, medical doctorate and orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Puerto Rico in 1999. Following his residency he relocated to Florida where he completed his Adult Reconstruction Fellowship at the Florida Knee and Orthopedic Centers in Clearwater in 2000. Dr. Amundaray has been certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery since 2002. He is a Fellow member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons and the Florida Orthopedic Society. Dr. Amundaray is an expert in treating degenerative conditions affecting the hip and knee. He has performed thousands of joint replacement surgeries, and he is one of the most experienced partial knee replacement surgeons in Florida. He is extremely compassionate and likes to individualize each patient he sees. His goal is to improve the quality of life of every patient he touches.

Dr. Amundaray's Care Philosophy

We strive to form a lasting partnership between patient and physician to jointly meet your health needs. Healthcare built on a foundation of trust and understanding.

Dr. Amundaray's Experience

See how Dr. Amundaray's experience matches your preferences.

View Video

Visiting Dr. Amundaray

Dr. Amundaray accepts 50 insurance carriers

Dr. Amundaray is now accepting new patients
Celebration Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Institute410 Celebration Pl Ste 106
Celebration, FL 34747
(321) 939-0222Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Amundaray has admitting privileges.

Dr. Amundaray's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Amundaray to family and friends
Dr. Amundaray's Performance
in Kissimmee, FL |
I went to Dr. Amundaray June 21,2017 for knee pain had MRI he said I need knee surgery for torn meniscus his MA came in set it up for 8-3-2017 at 5 am. The dsy befor surgery his MA called mr at 5 pm telling I need to get my medical ok to do my surgery I told her the doctors office is not open after 5 pm. She told me to go get medical ok for surgery I did the next day she put me back on for surgery 8-10-2017 the day befor I get a no surgery. MA is very rude did not get it at hospital. Poor rate 0
in Fort Lauderdale, Fl. |
If I could rate this Dr. With more stars, I would give him 10 stars. He was very professional and kind. His bed side manners were excellent. I always felt I was in good hands. He is a good listener and very competent in his field. His clinical judgement is excellent. As a surgeon, his empathy and kindness was very valuable to us. Thank you Dr. Amundaray for being there for us.
in Florida |
Dr. Amundaray is the best orthopedic surgeon that I have ever met! He is very honest, patient, caring, experienced, compassionate and have excellent bedside manners. He took the time to understand my knee problem and offer choices of treatment. Now I got my life back!! You guys are the best at Celebration Orthopedics. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Amundaray.
Punta Gorda, FL |
Dr. A was as professional and sweet as can be. He exudes a calm demeanor and explained everything to me in a way I could understand. Dr. A clearly cares about his patients and even went out of his way to follow up with me in a way my current and previous doctors have never done. I have complete trust in him and highly recommend Dr. A.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
He truly took time to explain everything about my condition. He also gave me options for treatment. Excellent!
in Orlando, FL |
If I could rate this Dr. with less than one star I would! DO NOT GO TO THIS OFFICE this man is a horrible and extremely unprofessional provider. He is so rude, yelled at me about how he sees a lot of people and that's why it took almost 3 hours to be seen. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. He was very brief, didn't care to ask questions. Didn't bother to listen. Shortened, rushed and abbreviated exams for everyone just so he can get to the next person, for more money in his pockets.
in Casselberry, FL |
I am an Army Veteran in 2000 I had an accident during training exercise in Kosovo I have 2 knee surgeries but the pain was getting worst. My life was miserable on February 21 2017 Dr. Amundary conducted a partial knee replacement surgery and now I got my life back. Dr. Amundary is the best knee surgeon I have dealt with. He is extremely considerate, attentive, understanding, accommodating, and personable. Thank you to all the nurses, staff & doctors, I had the best experience ever.
in Saint cloud, fla |
Dr. Amundaray is the best doctor I have seen for orthopaedic surgery. I had a hip replacement ten years ago and was not given the information or care that has been provided to me by this doctor and staff. The class at celebration hospital and the individual care I received in the hospital was excellent. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Amundaray to anyone who needs joint replacement. Thank you Dr.Amundaray!!!
in Kissimmee, FL |
I have been going to Celebration Orthopaedics and seeing Dr. Amundaray in over a month now. I love this place. The staff and doctors treat you with kindness, courtesy and kindness through this sensitive time in my life. I would like to thank Josue Morales, Dr. Amundaray's assistant for helping me through the planning of my procedure. Kudos to Mr. Morales and Dr. Amundaray, you guys are the best at Celebration Orthopaedics and your supporting throughout this process.
in Orlando, FL 32828 |
Dr. Jose Amondaray, Returned to me my life when I was in pain, suffering, for almost year and half, God, with his love and mercy put Dr. Amundaray and use him to make me a revision on my (R) knee, that it was impossible to achieve with several Doctors, and Dr. Amundaray his kindness for his passion took my case and I am grateful to the Dr. Jose Amundaray, can not stop at any time ignore this recommendation to his love for his customers and love for his work.
in St Cloud, Fl |
I would definately recommend Dr. Amundaray for a total hip replacement like I had 8/16/2016. He explained the surgery very well and made me feel at ease at first appointment. He is a state-of-the art physican with a very caring personality. He always listened to questions I had and explained the surgery very well. Encouraged me to keep moving and walking to get back to my natural self. Appreciate his professional care and thoughtfulness....Harriet Wildermuth
in Kissimmee, FL |
Doctor A. is refreshingly different and very proficient. I saw him recently for knee issues. He examined me and reviewed X-rays, and then told me my knee was really just about perfect. I had tweaked it on a strenuous hike and then babied it for several weeks so my mobility was deteriorating. Dr. A. told me to 'get busy' on it and gave me some suggestions for swimming and walking exercises. He could have easily told me to get P/T or injections. This is an honest and very knowledgeable doctor
in CELEBRATION |
dr amundaray and his medical assistant josh have been super great , amazing and caring. they are so nice. dr amundaray has answered all my questions , and i never leave that office unsatisfied. i am 2 weeks post a knee arthroscopy today and i feel great !!! this is the best office experience evert
in Celebration, FL |
Dr. "A" is the best. Patient, caring, experienced and compassionate. He takes the time to understand the problem and offers choices of treatment. I highly recommend him and hope he stays in the area for a long time.
in Florida |
Excellent experience! He is very patient and listens to patient's needs. He took care of my son and we will recommend him anytime
in Clearwater, FL |
Dr Amundaray took care of my left foot. I had a fracture. He took care of me for eight weeks.I was able to continue training for half marathons after recovery. Great bedside manners. Thank you Dr Amundaray.
Dr. Amundaray is clearly the best in his field. He knows what is best for you and communicates it clearly to the patients all the alternatives available. I am so happy that he is now accessible to our community in Celebration, FL.
in Satsuma, FL |
Takes time to discuss your situation, what the options are, pluses/minuses of each choice and takes time to answer all your questions. He has fixed two terrible joint problems (knee and hip) I have had. Excellent office experience and procedure with him. I recommended him to a friend, and she too had a similar experiences with him; as well as an excellent surgery and outcome. I totally trust him!
Have you seen Dr. Jose Amundaray, MD?
Are you Dr. Amundaray?

Compare Dr. Amundaray

Dr. Amundaray says...

Dr. Jose Amundaray is a Board Certified orthopedic surgeon specialized in adult joint reconstruction, with more than fifteen years experience practicing in Florida.  He is fully bilingual in Spanish and English.

Dr. Amundaray is originally from Puerto Rico.  He completed his undergraduate B.S. degree, medical doctorate and orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Puerto Rico in 1999.  Following his residency he relocated to Florida where he completed his Adult Reconstruction Fellowship at the Florida Knee and Orthopedic Centers in Clearwater in 2000.

Dr. Amundaray has been certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery since 2002.  He is a Fellow member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the American

Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons and the Florida Orthopedic Society.

Dr. Amundaray is an expert in treating degenerative conditions affecting the hip and knee.  He has performed thousands of joint replacement surgeries, and he is one of the most experienced partial knee replacement surgeons in Florida.  He is extremely compassionate and likes to individualize each patient he sees.  His goal is to improve the quality of life of every patient he touches.

Dr. Amundaray's Care Philosophy

Dr. Amundaray says...

Primary focus is performing partial and full knee and hip replacement, utilizing the state of the art techniques and equipment. Have performed over 5000.

Dr. Amundaray's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Amundaray has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Amundaray's Board Certifications

• Bone Cancer
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Degenerative Joint Disease in the Shoulder
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Ligament Rupture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Meniscus Tear
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands