Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD

Colorectal SurgeryMaleAge 43

Colorectal Surgery

Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD is a Colorectal Surgery Specialist in Saginaw, MI. He is affiliated with Covenant Medical Center Harrison. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD

Covenant Medical Group

5415 Cardinal Square Blvd Saginaw, MI 48604 ()

Compare with other Colorectal Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Reguero Hernandez with our nearby Colorectal Surgery Specialists at Cleveland Clinic.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Cleveland Clinic.

Dr. Reguero Hernandez's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Reguero Hernandez

Dr. Reguero Hernandez

I decided to wait a full month after my sigmoidectomy and a few other things that needed to be repaired before writing a review. Just wanted to make sure there were no repercussions and there were none. Dr. Hernandez was my “saving grace”!! I couldn’t be more thankful towards him for the excellent care that he provided for me. He was kind, extremely patient, very professional and easy on the eyes. His surgical team was awesome and all the office girls are top rated. If you are in the need of a colorectal surgeon I highly recommend Dr. Jorge Hernandez.
Kat Grant – Sep 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
My goodness. Dr. Hernandez is EXTREMELY kind, caring, clear, sympathetic, everything one could desire in a doctor of medicine, especially one with his particular specialty. He saved my husband's life, and I will always be grateful to him. He explains procedures and policies very clearly. He is personable and conducts conversation easily. I could not ask for anyone better.
Jean O'Brien (Irving Burtt) – Sep 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Hernandez when I was diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer. I was very nervous because he was new to the area. My review of his background found only rave reviews, including surgical professorship at a prestigious university. When Dr. Hernandez walked into the room and started discussing my treatment plan, any worries I had melted away. Dr. Hernandez removed a 3 inch cancerous tumor, 13 inches of colon/rectum and gave me an ileostomy. This was later reversed. I had many questions pre and post surgery. He is forthright in his answers and most caring. He can be reached anytime, day or night. His office staff is AMAZING! Dr. Hernandez's bedside manner is one his peers should emulate. He not only saved my life . He is a zealous advocate of early screening. This comes from his heart and experience. There is no reason to go to a large university when we have a doctor of such outstanding abilities right here in mid- MI. Thank you Dr. Hernandez
Nicole D Wharff – May 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
What an awesome guy, I had severe Ulcerative Colitis prior to surgery. I was hospitalized 3 times in 3 months, stopped respond and started having allergic reactions to biologic treatments. In the words of my previous doctor, while talking to Dr. Hernandez, “I have a 21 year old patient who is literally whittling away.” Dr. Hernandez agreed to take on my case. He first came and talked to me about surgery one of the times I was hospitalized, from the sever UC and C-diff. He briefly went over surgery options and had me scheduled a consultation. He thoroughly explained the surgery again, and we set a date. The surgery went as well as it should have, a total colectomy, and I was given an ostomy bag, temporarily. This was by far the hardest times. But it was only temporary. After the second and surgery, my jpouch was hooked up and ready for use. I had such a quick recovery, and now I have such a better life. My family really thinks of him highly, he saved my life. The best in the Tri-citys
Brandon Chrysler – Apr 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
Dr. Reguero Hernandez, operated on me, he removed part of my colon and cancer . He saved my life , kind respectful and a great Doctor , I miss him. I was at Yale right before he left for MI. I hope you are doing well! thank you Anthony S Candelora.
Anthony S Candelora – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
Dr. Hernandez is a caring, friendly and wonderful physician, not only to me as the patient but also to my family. He never makes you feel rushed during appointments, takes time to answer all of your questions and makes sure you fully understand all the information, he will explain things to you multiple times and in terms you understand. He treated my family the same way after my procedures, answering all of their questions and making sure they understood what was done and the results. I would, and do, recommend him to anyone. He has been a great addition to my team of physicians.
Tina F. – Aug 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
Dr Hernandez is a great Dr. He operated on our daughter in December of 2018. He is very easy to talk to and Always explains things in a way common people can understand. He did surgery again on our daughter Julie July 29th ( we already knew this)..could not be happier! Everything is back to normal. It was a serious surgery and we believe without Dr Hernandez our daughter might not be here. God Bless you Dr. and Thank You so much for your compassion that shows even to parents of your patients. Kay Midcalf (mother of Julie Light)
Kay Midcalf in Saginaw, MI – Aug 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
Dr Hernandez was a second opinion doctor that I needed while in the hospital to have cancer removed from my appendix. The doctor that did remove my appendix and cancer didn't close me up the right way, so the infection was intoxicating my body. Dr Hernandez took me under his wing and had to get the infection out of my body. The right way to do that was with a stoma so my lower bowels could rest. It has now been reversed. Dr Hernandez had told me a few months back that everything would work out fine and he didn't see any problems standing in the way of my reversal. He had been full up straight with me all along. Anytime I needed anything, I called his office and within a reasonable amount of time, either himself or his assistant, had called me back with answers. Every day I was in the hospital, he came and seen me himself. It wasn't someone from his office, it was him. Very caring doctor!!!
Julie – Aug 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
Dr. Hernandez is very caring & kind. He listens to me & I don’t feel rushed. He makes me feel comfortable. I’m very happy he did my surgery. I feel a lot better now. I would recommend him to others.
Denise Booms – Jul 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
Dr. Hernandez was gentle, thorough, and very patient. I would recommend him highly.
Jul 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
He is so kind, and his office staff is very helpful.
Jun 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
I met Dr. Hernandez while in the hospital for a Crohns flare. He explained every thing he could during our first visit of what would happen should I choose surgery. A few weeks later I had the recommended surgery and all is well. Dr. Hernandez and his office could not have been nicer. virtually no wait time to see him and he took his time to answer any questions I had and to explain what would happen next.He has always made me feel comfortable talking to him and the staff and I can call him any time. I am very happy with my surgery and Dr. Hernandez.
Jun 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
Dr. Hernandez is wonderful! I was a patient of another doctor at Covenant Surgery and due to unforeseen circumstances late last year, he was unable to finish my care plan. Dr. Hernandez had recently came to the office so I was referred to him. As with all new doctors, I had some reservations. But on the first initial meeting, he put my fears at ease and stepped right up to get me taken care of by the end of the year. He was wonderful from the initial consult to surgery to my last appointment yesterday. His bedside manner is wonderful and put me at ease and showed that he cared about me as a patient! I highly recommend him for any of your colon or rectal needs.
Nicole in Chesaning, MI – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
Excellent communication skills. We never feel rushed and always have all the answers when we leave. Very comfortable and happy with Dr. Hernandez and his staff.
MI – Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
Dr Hernandez did all three of my surgeries before he left Connecticut I was diagnosed with rectal cancer he is an amazing surgon and wondeful friend who made me feel comfortable due to my anexiety issues his team was awesome and I miss him so much and continue to follow what I need to do to stay cancer free as of may 15th I have my colonoscopy comming up on the 17th of this month fingers crossed all goes well take care to the greatest doc and friend Dr Hernandez thank you miss you god bless????
May 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
If you are looking for a colorectal surgeon, I highly recommend Dr. Hernandez. He’s very knowledgeable, professional and cares about his patients.
May 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
Dr. Hernandez is our families hero. From the initial consultation taking his time to explain to showing how he cared for my Mom Pre-op, and his performance in the OR. He was the right man for the job. My family can't express our gratitude enough. Thankful for Dr. Hernandez and staff!
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
My mother was referred to Dr. Hernandez by her primary care physician. She needed a complicated surgery to remove a large mass that spread to her colon and surrounding areas. The surgery took five hours and was very successful. Our family was blessed to have a talented surgeon and are thankful for the assisting doctors, nurses, and staff at Covenant Harrison hospital.
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
Dr. Hernandez was very pleasant to work with. I wouldn't go to any other Dr. With colon issues.
Harold Creed in Saginaw, MI – Mar 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?
Dr Hernandez was my surgeon for partial colon removal. Throughout the process, he and his staff were excellent. He talked to me like a man a human and cares obout his patients. He explains what the procedure and DRAWS it out so I could understand. His staff helped greatly with my insurance company. Thanks Terry. Thanks Doc. Doing great.
CT – Nov 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Reguero Hernandez, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Reguero Hernandez?