Dr. Jorge Gonzalez, MD

Neurology | Male

St John Neuroscience Institute 2000 S Wheeling Ave Ste 200 Tulsa, OK 74104 Get Directions
Dr. Jorge Gonzalez, MD

Dr. Jorge Gonzalez, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Tulsa, OK. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 33 years.

Dr. Gonzalez's Experience

See how Dr. Gonzalez's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gonzalez

Dr. Gonzalez accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Gonzalez is now accepting new patients

Dr. Gonzalez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gonzalez to family and friends
1.9
Dr. Gonzalez's Performance
    GOOD
Rowlett, TX |
Would not even give one star. Waited for over an hour & wasn't seen. Left the office & got a refund. My time is just as important
Owasso, OK |
This office is horrible. They said it would take "two weeks max" to get my insurance cleared and an appointment scheduled for the botox to help my chronic migraines. After three weeks I started calling every day. I was laughed at by the front office and NEVER got a call back for over a week after. When I finally did get a call back it was with excuses that they don't have enough people to cover the work load. NOT MY PROBLEM.
Tulsa, OK |
My son had an appointment with Dr. Gonzales last week and was asked to come in early as he had an opening. He ( my son) arrived at 2:30 for 3:00 appt. He waited until 4:45 p.m. to be seen!!!! No Apology even. I had read all the reviews, but our PCP who is highly regarded referred us to him. He spent 15 minutes with my son and gave him meds ( same he is currently taking) and said to come back in 3 months??? WT?? CRUSHED! and we feel so hopeless...
Dr. Gonzalez likes to use the diagnosis of some negative experience in the past is causing the problem so it's more a mental issue. This is what he told my husband whose condition continued to get worst over the following few months before he unexpectedly passed away. If only Dr Gonzales had not pre-judged the situation we may have learned what was happening and, possibly, had a solution.
Ft Gibson, OK |
He does NOT listen to his patients. You have to wait sometimes over an hour after your scheduled appointment. Takes personal phone calls during your appointment.
in Dallas, TX |
Worst dr ever! Did not want to treat or explain any tests. Wait an hour to see him!!!!! Awful awful
in Okla |
Very good care..listens
Cushing, OK |
Grateful that I found him- he is like no other specialist that I have seen. He actually takes the time to figure out the root cause.
Tulsa, OK |
When I asked the nurse if my blood pressure reading was normal she said, "I'm not sure, I need to brush up on that...I'm sure it's not bad." Dr. Gonzalez had atrocious bedside manner and his nurse practitioner Robin was a lunatic who within 15 minutes of seeing me told me my headaches were emotional, likely caused by a childhood trauma I'd probably suppressed. (This is absolutely not the case.) This place is an atrocity, and I'll be looking for a new neurologist immediately. What a joke.
in Tulsa, OK |
Dr.Gonzalez has been my neuro doctor for the past 16 yrs, he has always taken the time to explain in depth any & all questions I or my family have. he has even returned phone calls with test results as late as 9:00pm any night of the week just to ease my mind. (I have MS so my questions are many & varied.) Dr. Gonzalez has always had the correct answer for me. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. His nurse Sherry is a caring and concerned nurse. the two of them make am A+ health t
Tulsa, OK |
His bedside manner is atrocious. He does not explain things and when you have concerns about results on a test he acts as if you are putting him out to explain them. Working with him has been a battle. We are switching to a new neurologist. His Nurse Practitioner was excellent and did the job he should have been doing. She cared and spent time with us to try and find a solution.
in Pryor, OK |
Dr Gonzalez and his staff have just saved my life. Very caring staff, so nice and helpful. Very smart nurse who takes time with you and cares about you. I have no idea where the bad comments came from and im sorry you had such a bad experience but I have been to way too many specialists who sent me out the door crying and told me I was crazy. I can give you names of these people if you need them. This place is full of love and compassion and I would recommend him to anyone. Awesome! I love them!
in Sapulpa, OK |
I would do one star if possible. I lost a year and a half of treatment for MS, where the MRI showed actual brain atrophy. Dr Gonzalez told me to get therapy. No wonder he keeps changing where he practices.
Him & his staff have no bedside manners. I walk out feeling worse. Doesn't explain things well, misplace my test several of times. Scheduling or asking too speak with a Nurse is very poor. He's a very rude Dr as well as his Nurse Practioner. It shouldn't be that way when you go see a Dr.
in tulsa |
He get 0 stars!
in Broken Arrow, OK |
Dr. Gonzalez called me at home at 8pm at home on a Friday night after my EEG results and prescribed me medication that finally cleared my head that no one has been able to figure out. He right away started test after tests when I was about to give up. I have hope again. Thank you!!!! Shonette Johnson
BROKEN ARROW |
Cold hearted acting!
in Tulsa OK |
They change appt time w/out contact! I don't have an extra 1 1/2 hrs to give you!!! The dr couldn't work the laptop to look at my chart then kept trying to tell me I was taking meds that I was not taking. He then decided he would try a new med. I heard him in in hall ask the nurse what do we have samples of? He then brought me 3 pkgs of meds, 3 diff strengths for epteliptic seizures and said see which one works for you. I have never seizures in my life! Didn't take meds & won't go back!
Have you seen Dr. Jorge Gonzalez, MD?
Are you Dr. Gonzalez?

Compare Dr. Gonzalez

Dr. Gonzalez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Oklahoma not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

University Of Navarra / Faculty Of Medicine

Graduated in 1984

Hahnemann University Hospital

Dr. Gonzalez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gonzalez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology