Dr. Jorge Chaves, MD is an oncology specialist in Tacoma, WA. He specializes in oncology.

Dr. Chaves' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chaves

4.3

Dr. Chaves?
Dr. Chaves' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jorge Chaves, MD
Best doctor we have ever been to hands down. Very available and attentive and took extra time to explain everything. Thank you Dr Chaves!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Chaves, MD?
Terrible doctor, complete mismanagement, ARNP do everything, his focus his getting paid to research for big drug companies, can't get a hold of him, never listened to family,didn't treat my mom with dignity, after surgery he waited months to start chemotherapy then tumor markers went up hit with extra high doses after being on none in panicking he let it go to long, she got toxic, systemic shut down had to be pulled off set her back....really responsible for leading to cancer that was stage 2 went to stage 4
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Chaves, MD?
He is caring and spend a lot of time with you. The hardest part is getting the nurses not know that they can not change your appointments and you only want to see him. he is very thorough. I have an extremely complicated medieval history. he is always there for me when I can get through to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Chaves, MD?
saw Jorge after I was in remission and on surveillance treatment. Knowing that I was no longer sick and that I only had to be monitored, he spent my appointment showing me how if he handled my case he would have pumped me full of chemo therapy drugs (mind you I escaped cancer with just a surgical procedure) "just in case." For that little bit of stupid, I paid $500.00. Then his office refuses allow me to get blood work done (that is literally what surveillance treatment entails)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Chaves, MD?
Dr. Chaves is wonderful! I had to get a bone marrow biopsy done and was afraid of it being really painful. It didn't hurt at all! He did a really good job of explaining the process and being attentive to my needs! He's a great doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Chaves, MD?
Treated me for Chronic Lymphicitic Leukemia with compassion and skill. Very attentive and enthusiastic in ensuring my chemotherapy treatment experience was minimally difficult. Tracked my recovery closely and highly responsive to my concerns. Has a great bunckh of ladies working with him, Nurse Practioners, Oncology specializing RNs, etc. I really appreciated their compassion and empathy for all of us undergoing this treatment. Great people here.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Chaves, MD?
Dr Chaves saved my life. When a staff doctor at St Joseph hospital gave me a diagnosis of terminal pancreatic cancer with no treatment., Dr Chaves got a referral from a nurse, he came and saw me. He said something is wrong and ran additional tests. 2 1/2 years later I am cancer free and Dr Chaves gives me inspiration on every visit. Now I am enjoying my 5 year old granddaughter. Thank you Dr Chaves. You are the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Chaves, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chaves?

Dr. Chaves accepts

Dr. Chaves accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Chaves' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Oncology

• Hematology
  • Medical Oncology

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Chaves treats patients.

Compare Providers