Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD

Neurosurgery •  Male • Age 50

Dr. Alvernia

Brain and Spine Associates

2408 Duval Dr Monroe, LA 71201

Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Monroe, LA and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Pontifical University Javeriana / Faculty of Medicine medical school in 1993. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Glenwood Regional Medical Center and Monroe Surgical Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Alvernia to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Alvernia with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Ochsner Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Ochsner Medical Center today at (504) 345-1172.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Ochsner Medical Center.

Dr. Alvernia's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Alvernia

96.7741935483871%
2.4193548387096775%

Dr. Alvernia?
I love this office, the staff is absolutely spectacular! Dr. Alvernia, Courtney, Janelle all have such a pleasant outlook! Dr. Alvernia is thorough and attentive. Ms. Janelle is your go to person, she goes above and beyond anything you could possibly need.
Patrick & Andrea Ruhl – Dec 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
Dr Alvernia and his staff are tier 1 medical professionals. you can call anytime come in anytime dr alvernia spends as much time as needs you never felt rushed or that any was over looked. I had a 360 L5 S1 spinal fusion this year all of my lower back and leg pain are gone had the surgery at Glenwood med in west Monroe its great to have such talented Neurosurgen in Monroe. I would recommend Dr Alvernia and staff to anyone.
J.Stanley – Oct 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
Would highly recommend Dr Alvernia and his staff. Had thought about going to Shreveport for surgery am glad I read the reviews. From the beginning with getting the appointment set up with Janelle through the surgery and afterwards I felt like I was the only patient they had (although other patients were in the office). Dr Alvernia is VERY patient and spends the time to answer any question I had about the surgery, the recovery and beyond. He also goes into detail about the possible complications from doing the surgery. At no point did I feel uncomfortable or question doing the surgery at all. I knew when I walked about of the consultation it was the right decision. Anytime I had questions and called in they were answered patiently and completely. I am very happy we have a doctor of this quality in Monroe!
Oct 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
I am a US Marine Corps Veteran. Over 8 years ago I had my initial back surgery with the VA. They severely messed my back up, even more so than it was before the surgery. They hid it for 8 years until it became prevalent that I could not continue to function that way any longer. After being shrugged off for the last time by the Shreveport Overton Brooks VA Neurosurgery, I made many phone calls researching Neurosurgeons. My last call was to Dr. Alvernia's office where his primary nurse, Ms. Jenelle, answered the phone. Ms. Jenelle and Dr. Alvernia from that point on, fought for me, everyday. They gave me hope and made my wife and I believe that there was light at the end of this 8 year long tunnel of misery. I have never met a more, first and foremost, caring and organized, detailed, and meticulous Doctor in my life. Let alone his staff to go along with it. I would recommend Dr. Alvernia over ANYONE in this area, state, or region hands down above anyone else. AMAZING & Thank U
Daniel T. – Sep 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
Dr. Alvernia is a professional and very caring. He takes time to explain all the medical wording. We are from Alexandria. It is definitely worth the drive. I highly recommend him.
EB – Aug 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
i am very glad to say that i have enjoyed every moment of this experience. The staff and Dr. A were so amazing! He explained everything to me clearly before the surgery and he has done a great job following up and being available for any questions and concerns i may have had. He is an amazing DR and i really am glad to know that we have such an awesome gift right here in Monroe.
Stonewall Hunter, Jr – Aug 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
Absolutely!!! The staff is amazing. Janelle goes above and beyond. Dr. Alvernia never makes you feel rushed. This was my 3rd cervical surgery with my 3rd surgeon and hands down the best experience yet. He's very cautious and not "knife happy" like some others. The treatment before and after makes you feel like they care about your well being. If you're on the fence, just call. They'll put all your worries to rest.
Ginger McGaha – Aug 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
Awesome the staff is fantastic Janelle is a Gem, very helpful, Mrs. Courtney Super, Dr. Alvernia Best Doctor ever, l could hardly walk, he found l had some bad disks in my neck, which could have caused paralysis, l had no l idea l thought it was just my back, l can get out of bed now, and he also helped the curve in my lumbar region, you have nothing to lose but the pain and get a better quality of life??
Diane King – Aug 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
Dr. Alvernia is excellent physician!!! I was in terrible pain and thought that there was going to be no help from me at all. I met my internet guy and told me to come to see Dr. Alvernia. I thank God that he was placed in my path. I am now pain free and appreciate all the thorough care that i received not only form him but his staff is excellent as well.
Joan Stafford – Jul 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
I had an excellent experience with Dr Alvernia and his staff. The first day I came to his office he explain every little thing. He drew pictures and made copies to take with me. Janelle work tirelessly with the VA to get me approved for everything. Janelle made my experience a stress free one. Dr Alvernia was very hands on. He is very thorough. He will answer every question, concerns and but your mind to easy. The day of my surgery he explained. He explained everything to me and my family before surgery and talked to my family after. When I got moved to my room after recovery he called the nurse every few hours to check on me. From day one I was never in the dark about everything. They keep you informed about everything.
Susan McWilliams – Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
I have been very impressed with Dr. Alvernia and his office staff. My first visit to him was because of nerve pain in both legs. I had already been to my GP, the Pain Clinic, and was in physical therapy but nothing helped. Through and MRI and other tests Dr. Alvernia determined I need spinal fusion. Extra precautions needed to be taken for my surgery because I have MS and a paralyzed vocal cord. He conferred with my Neurologist and ENT concerning these and took the necessary steps needed to ensure a successful outcome. I appreciate the time he gives to explain exactly what will take place during the surgery, the possible problems, and the recovery time. He was very concerned about infection and took steps to minimize the possibility. In my case it turned out that S1 and L5 were fused around the nerve. He had to open this up. Using pins and screws he fused S1 and L5 and L5 and L4. I am completely pain free and will be recommending Dr. Alvernia to anyone needing back surgery.
Beth Chandler – Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
I had wonderful experience. Dr.Alvernia checked every aspect on my back prior to having my surgery. I felt very confident in him doing my surgery. His staff is very professional and I would recommend him to anyone. He actually cared about me as a patient and well after my surgery and that meant the world to me!!!
Gloria Roberts – Feb 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
Dr. Alvernia and his staff are always courteous and very pleasant. They are very knowledge and informative. I've had neck problems for a long time and Dr. Alvernia made me feel comfortable. He drew pictures for me and made me feel very confident in what he was doing. The post care was wonderful and he always made sure that I was doing well!!
T. Buford – Feb 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
Dr. Alvernia is excellent. Highly recommend him as a physician. His staff has always been helpful and lovely to see when i have appointments. He just did my spinal fusion surgery and he treated me with utmost care. His concerns for me during this time was demonstrated well. His communication with my family during and after surgery was excellent.
Diane Howard in Baskin, LA – Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
I'm a 70 year old woman with a history of low back pain. About 6 month ago pain started to go into hips and legs. Spinal injections and physical therapy were only short term help. When I saw Dr.Alvernia he said I had severe spinal stenosis and scoliosis. Dr. Alvernia did spinal fusion surgery in Dec. 2019 at Glenwood. I'm now pain free and walking and getting back normal activities. Dr. Alvernia and his staff are top of the line. I'm so glad I didn't have to go out of town for treatment.
MT – Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
Dr Alvernia and his staff are amazing!! I had back surgery on Nov 5,2019. He spent so much time with me, he explained the procedure and answered all of my questions. He takes care of his parents before and after surgery. Great experience!!! His staff is so friendly.
K Pace – Jan 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
Dr Alvernia was very thorough, patient, attentive, and knowledgeable. All the traits (and more) that made us feel at ease to deal with the process of pre-surgery, surgery, and post-surgery. We highly recommend Dr. Alvernia.
Mitchell Jackson – Dec 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
In January I started noticing pain in my left leg and it progressively got worse. By April I was only sleeping a couple of hours a night. After an evaluation Dr Alvernia asked me if I wanted PT or injections. You see, the Dr does not rush to cut. Even my PT told me this. I tried PT, dry needle therapy and injections before I could not take the pain any more. Never once did he push me to have surgery. He told me that I would let him know when it was time. Due to needing to make it to a year at work, I had to wait till Sept for my surgery. The care he provided before, during and after my surgery was top notch. He is the only one that touches your bandages. The nurses at P&S had the upmost respect for him. It’s been 7 weeks since my surgery and I’ve been pain free since waking up in recovery. I can’t go without mentioning his staff, especially Janell... she was so supportive and encouraging. I don’t understand why anyone would go to Shreveport when you can get top notch care in town!!!
Julie Bowe – Nov 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
Was having excruciating pain in right leg due to pinched nerve. I am now pain free thanks to Dr. Alvernia and the surgery he performed on me. I highly recommend Dr. Alvernia to everyone and his office staff are super nice.
Debra Milstead – Nov 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?
My experience with Dr. Alvernia was excellent. He was very informative about my surgery. We knew what to expect from the surgery and recovery. The office staff were very helpful in setting my surgery up and then following up with me after the surgery.
Lorri Weaver – Nov 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Alvernia, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Alvernia?

Dr. Alvernia is a Board certified neurosurgeon who is internationally educated and trained. After graduating with honors from medical school, Dr. Alvernia...Read more

• Neurosurgery