Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD

Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·

Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Jacksonville, FL and has been practicing for 20 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic foot & ankle surgery.

Southeast Orthopedic Specialists

10475 Centurion Pkwy N Ste 220

Jacksonville, FL 32256

• American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.
  • EmblemHealth
  • Golden Rule

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Acevedo's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Acevedo's Top Procedures and Conditions

Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open

Dr. Acevedo performs Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Acevedo performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

• Broken Arm
  • Bunion
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Dupuytren's Contracture Injection
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteochondritis Dissecans
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Runner's Knee

3.9

Dr. Acevedo?
Dr. Acevedo's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD
I had extreme damage to my ankle from boxed ankle replacement in Everett Washington. Dr. Azevedo has helped me to retain my leg rather than suffer amputation like Mayo Clinic recommended. Dr. Azevedo is a rare find in the orthopedic world. If only I had been able to go to him after my accident I would not have had my ankle removed instead it would have been put back together with skill. You won't find a kinder ankle and foot doctor than Dr. Acevedo anywhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
I am extremely pleased with the results and Dr. Acevedo’s surgical skills with regard to my right ankle, injured when the ground collapsed under me. My fear prolonged scheduling the surgery. He and his staff are courteous, patient and possess excellent skills. I am able to walk, run, and wear heels with little discomfort if any, within 3 months of surgery. As a 66 year old woman, amazing. Very grateful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
Dr. Acedveda is an amazing doctor and surgeon. I saw him almost a year after my injury. He preformed ligament and tendon repair on my ankle and I feel better today then I have in a long time. He has given me the ability to be walk again without pain. The PT clinic at Southeast Orthopedic is almost an amazing team of people. Thank you all so much for making me feel so much better. I am so extremely grateful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
In 1917, I was diagnosed with a bone spur in my heel. For almost a year, I endured everything imagineable to relieve my pain. I visited Dr. Acevedo in late 2017 and he performed surgery to remove the spur in December. I was the first patient he did this type of surgery on and it was so very successful!!! I no longer am in pain; my recovery was quick, and I am so pleased to have been a part of this new type of surgery with a very knowledgeable physician who took a chance on me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
Dr. Acevedo at Southeast Orthopedic is an outstanding surgeon and repaired my right ankle after (Bimalleolar Ankle Fracture) after breaking it in late June. Everyone worked together and is focused on the patient’s wellbeing and recovery. The follow up post-surgery physical therapy department was also out-standing. Thank You for all that you do for your patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
I have a degenative peripheral nerve disease that is hereditary. It's technical name is 'Charcott-Marie-Tooth Disease', named after the three doctors that discovered it. It left me with very high arches and hammer toes. This deformity caused excruciating pain when trying to walk due to callouses. Dr Acevedo evaluated my condition. He performed surgery on one foot one year and the second foot a year later. I highly recommend Dr Acevedo to anyone with similar foot issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
The Staff and Drs. at Southeast Orthopedic are outstanding I applaud everyone that works there, patients are treated with the up most respect. also the physical therapy department out standing employees. Thank You for all that you do for your patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
Dr. Acevedo graciously took my Worker's Compensation case from a doctor that dump my case once he realized that it was a Worker's Compensation case. He performed surgery on my ankle that the other doctor overlooked and also fixed problems from the surgery the first doctor performed. He was always attentive and reasonably timely with keeping his appointments. He spent the necessary time with me, so I presume he does the same for his other patients. A good man and an excellent surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
The level of care was excellent. Dr. Acevedo listened to all my concerns and answered all my questions thoroughly. He and his team spent as much time with me as was needed; I never felt rushed. The results of my total ankle replacement have been wonderful. I have already recommended Dr. Acevedo to others, and will continue to do so.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
After seeing several doctors, and not having a proper diagnosis, Dr. Acevedo was able to accurately diagnose and treat my foot issues. Through conservative treatment, I have been able to begin exercising once again. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
I was in pain daily until Dr Acevedo was able to help me 4 years ago, he successfully operated on my right ankle. I have a much better quality of life now, I highly recommend Dr. Acevedo if you are having foot or ankle issues he is the man to see.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
I broke a bone in my foot recently. Everyone on his team who saw the X-rays said - surgery. He stuck me in a boot that gave me a 3 inch difference in leg legnth. On the 3rd visit, I asked about the possibly of surgery. He stated he would NOT operate on me because I smoke. Any moral issues a doctor has with a patient should come up during the 1st visit. I should have been given the opportunity to spend my money elsewhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
terrible experience i felt like he was rushing to the next patient. i brought my mri and asked him was it worse than my previous one and he said i dont know i did not look at them. he stared at my scar from previous surgery i had the whole time zoned out like he could care a less and when i asked questions he said we will talk about that after therapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
I’m not impressed. He didn’t listen and constantly interrupted me while I was trying to talk. I felt like he was in a hurry to get to next patient. Also felt the same about his PA. Mr. Peppers. He spent most of my appointment telling me how many other patients he had with the same thing and how he’s only supposed to spend 10 minutes with me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
Dr. Acevedo is kind and takes time to explain things, answer questions, etc. I like him and think that he's a good surgeon. However, my incision healed poorly/abnormally causing restricted movement/pain/nerve damage. I expressed concern more than once, but by the time it was finally recognized, it was too late. Also, post-op pain was off the charts and I don't care for his PA, whom you see more than him. Although my experience has not been great, I am far better off than I was prior to surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
He is by far, the worst doctor I've ever been seen by. He does not listen, he does not care. He does not take the time to explain your condition, and you spend more time in the waiting room than in the actual consult. I've had 3 appts with him. Waited an average of 45 min to be seen, an average of 7 min with actual talk time with him before he'd rush out of the room and schedule you for another consult in 6 weeks. Is someone like this the doctor you want performing your ankle/foot surgery?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
Dr. Acevedo and his PA Kristen are amazing. I would highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
This review is long overdue, my apologies to Dr Acevedo. He did 7 different procedures on my L foot. I had had polio as a kid, so struggled to do many things others could do. When I saw Dr Ace he said "you should have had this done 20 yrs ago". I said I was waiting for him to perfect his craft, he said "I was a bad a__ then too". I knew I had the right Dr. I couldn't stand 10 min at the kitchen sink without pain prior to surgery. I recently returned from Mt Everest basecamp in Nepal. Thx Dr!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
Dr Acevedo is an excellent physician who is very informative.He listens ti your concerns and questions and is very reassuring that he will take good care of you.Great doctor and great bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jorge Acevedo, MD?
I had an amazing experience with Dr. Acevedo and team. I fractured both heels and was referred to him due to his experience. In the hospital right after it happened I was told I may not play tennis again. It has been 4 months since the surgery and I am starting to play. He is gifted, thoughtful, dedicated, and passionate. I showed up for an appt on the wrong day and I was back within 10 min. I had a flare up one afternoon, I called and they had an appt for me at 8 the next morning. THANK YOU!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Acevedo?

Insurance accepted

NetworkBlue
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.
Carelink HMO
Employer Group PPO
EmblemHealth
Emblem Health
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Standard
Choice Plus HMO
Compass
WellCare

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Acevedo treats patients.

Memorial Hospital