Dr. Jordan Smith, MD

Dr. Smith
Telehealth services available

University Orthopedic Specialists, Tucson, AZ

1555 E River Rd Tucson, AZ 85718

Dr. Jordan Smith, MD is a Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Tucson, AZ. He is affiliated with medical facilities Banner - University Medical Center South and Oro Valley Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Smith to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in Tucson

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Smith accepts

Dr. Smith accepts the following insurance:

American Republic
Simply Healthcare Plans
Staywell (Wellcare)
Wellcare of Georgia
Medicaid

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Smith's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Smith's Top Procedures and Conditions

Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Dr. Smith treats Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Smith treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Extremity Malunions
  • Malunion of Fracture
Femur Fracture

Dr. Smith treats Femur Fracture more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Smith treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)

Dr. Smith treats Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip) more than 93% of his peers

• Hip Fracture
  • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hip Replacement
  • Hip Replacement Revision
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pelvic Fracture

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Smith

90.47619047619048%

Dr. Smith?
Dr. Smith and his team are excellent. His level of concern for his patients, along with his extensive experience show in his treatment....he answers all questions head-on, explains everything involved in full detail. He also makes sure to surround himself with the best experienced people in the hospital where he performs the surgery. I could not be more pleased with my surgery. I had been suffering for several years with chronic pain but had family issues taking care of a very ill husband, by the time I could take care of my own health, covid hit and it was impossible to get in anywhere for surgery, but, Dr. Smith was willing to do it 2 weeks after my consult! He could tell by my xray that I needed surgery badly! I love his Jenni and Tim, 2 of his staff. Also the gals at the front desk that first took my call and got me in within a week for my consult! What a wonderful team!
Sandra Leppelman – Sep 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?
My hip replacement has been transforming. I went from constant pain and a walker to no pain and an active life. I would recommend Dr. Smith without hesitation . I was walking on my own within two weeks. If you need a hip replacement, get it done. You won't be sorry.
May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?
Dr. Jordan Smith and his staff make you feel at ease from your first visit. They are informative and so kind! The operation was quick and perfect. I was home the same day. I healed quickly, did my exercises and am completely pain free! Dr. Smith and his office are always there for you! The very best!
Marilyn R. Hulbert – May 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?
Dr. Jordan L. Smith, MD, with University Orthopedic Surgeons/Arizona Community Surgeons, literally gave me my life back with a right hip replacement. I am 63 years old and I am a career railroad trainman. Climbing on train equipment and walking on uneven slag around railroad tracks had become a physical challenge as my right hip was in a “bone on bone” state. Every step had to be negotiated carefully and always with varying degrees of pain and discomfort. Dr. Smith performed an “anterior” procedure on my right hip, as opposed to the “posterior” method which requires post-operative physical therapy and necessitates limited initial movement after surgery. I highly recommend the “anterior” approach as I was up and walking the day of my surgery, I used a “walker” for about 3 days, then I used a cane for another 4-5 days, and that was it! Dr. Smith’s recommendation after surgery was simply, “Walk, walk, walk”. I thank God every day for Dr. Smith’s considerable skill.
Mr. James T. MacPherson IV – Mar 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?
Jordan Smith is straightforward, skilled, proficient, extraordinary and a wizard in his field. I had a right hip arthroplasty without a moment of pain. My surgery was fully explained beforehand and performed as expected. I was walking completely unassisted (no help, walker, cane) in about 10 days. Recovery time was shorter than I expected and I have the benefit of a wider range of motion in the right hip than before. As I write this I am barely at the 8 week point; I’ve been back to all my yoga poses including full crouches for over a month already. I’m walking miles without stopping and doing everything I have always done. No restrictions. Do yourself a big favor and let Jordan Smith work his magic in giving you a pain free life! I fully recommend him! ??????????
Debbie – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?
I had my hip replaced by Dr Smith and it was a fabulous experience. I have had no pain.
Charles Lisitzky – Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?
He is a great doctor overall and the best for hip replacement. This is my second hip replacement and he was by far better at it than the first doctor I had. Dr. Smith is very patient and answered all my questions. He and his staff guided me through pre-op and post-op and are all great.
Doctor Jordan Smith is a great doctor – Dec 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?
I had total hip arthoplasty in 2015, and about 7 months ago it went bad. After wrangling with VA doing very little, I finally managed to get a referral to University Ortho Specialists. Dr Smith was very professional, knowledgeable, and thorough. From the initial consult through surgery and now follow up I never had any concerns over my care. The results are amazing and I truly feel he brought me back from the brink. Additionally, the staff at his office, and his PA Tim Martinez are all great as well. I would very highly recommend Dr. Smith as a surgeon.
Daniel D. – Nov 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Smith by another physician and I ended up seeing him twice. The first time I saw him, I felt like he cared about my condition and did a good job of explaining it to me. The second time I saw him, he was very dismissive of all of my concerns and I left in tears. I’ve had two hip surgeries in the past three years, I have osteoporosis, and I have a history of nonunion fractures so I don’t think it’s unreasonable for me to be concerned when I’m having pretty bad hip pain that prevents me from participating in my normal activities. Dr. Smith dismissed my concerns and told me there was nothing anyone could do to help me. I went to another surgeon a few months later who actually seemed to care about me, referred me to physical therapy (which helped), and is doing more imaging to see exactly what the problem is with my hip. Since seeing Dr. Smith last, I’ve heard from others in the community that he’s very polarizing and people tend to love him or hate him.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Oct 15, 2019
Healthgrades has been unable to verify this...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?
I have had two surgeries in August on my right hip done by Dr. Smith. His work ethics are wonderful. His staff is friendly, courteous and always willing to answer any questions you might have. I have had 5 surgeries involving my legs and this recovery was the fastest and best that I have experienced. I highly recommend Dr. Smith.
Sandy Jacobson – Oct 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?
I had a very complicated hip revision surgery that was handled beautifully by Dr. Smith. In addition to being a great surgeon, he is also a very caring human being who treats patients and their families with kindness and patience. He listens to and acts on patients' concerns, and based on the experience of other friends and members of my family, does NOT push surgery on people who don't really need it. I would give him 10 stars if I could.
Marjorie H. – Sep 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?
Dr. Smith replaced my fractured hip and I was home 24 hours later. I'm using a walker but it hasn't even been 2 weeks since surgery. No rehab, no PT and doing pretty well. He is an amazing surgeon and I feel blessed to have had him do my surgery. This guy is the best!!
May 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?
He is just incredible, all I can say.
Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?
Excellent care all around. As a helathcare professional, I highly recommend them.
Mar 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?
Dr. Jordan Smith is a very knowledgeable and skilled surgeon. He did revision surgery on my hip arthroplasty. The original surgeon denied anything was wrong after four months of me walking in pain. Dr. Jordan quickly saw on the x-ray and bone scan evidence the stem implant was loose. He did corrective surgery and I am walking without pain now. Dr. Smith showed great compassion throughout the process, and he patiently answered all my questions. I highly recommend him.
Catherine B. in Oro Valley, RI – May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?
My experience with Dr. Smith was really my adult daughter's experience. I went with her for a surgical consult post hip pinning for a fractured femoral head, with non union of bone. We approached this appointment with apprehension, knowing there would be more surgery. Dr. Smith truly is the total package. He is professional, compassionate, extremely knowledgeable. He gave us time we needed to discuss surgical options, ask questions, confront our fears. She is fully recovered, we are gratefu
Linda Woodall in Tucson, AZ – May 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?
Dr. Smith was excellent. He immediately scheduled surgery for my fractured humerus and performed the surgery with no problems. His follow up has always been excellent and you feel like you matter as a patient. I consulted with another surgeon first and I went with my instinct and got a second opinion from Dr. Smith. The first surgeon (from a different hospital) gave you the impression that you were just another job.
Kevin Sexton in Tucson, AZ – Jan 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?
This guy is the best! Not only did he repair my shattered femur, re-adding back the inch and a quarter I lost, but for my birthday I rode-biked 40 miles in two hours: not bad for 62-year-young man! To boot, I've run into for 4 people who had serious leg injuries, and who put them back together? Dr Jordon Smith! Thanks Doc! Patrick Mac: rejuvenated cyclist
Patrick McClanahan in Tucson, AZ – Dec 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jordan Smith, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Smith?

Dr. Smith practices with a "golden rule" approach.  He works to provide the care he would want for himself or his family to his patients.

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery