Dr. Jordan Slutsky, MD

Dr. Jordan Slutsky, MD

Mohs Micrographic Surgery | Male

I strive to deliver the most effective & safest skin cancer care in the most compassionate, comfortable, & efficient manner possible. I take a team-based approach with my well trained nursing & administrative staff to treat our patients like family.

I am an active academic physician & researcher. My interests include tissue sparing skin cancer surgery (Mohs & "slow" Mohs staged excisions), aggressive & unusual skin cancers, high risk skin cancer patients such as organ transplant patients, complications of dermatologic surgery, non-surgical skin cancer treatment & wound healing. I have published numerous articles in medical journals as well as text book chapters. I lecture nationally to physicians & health care providers & teach resident physicians & medical students.

I completed my undergraduate studies at Colgate University & graduated from Stony Brook University School of Medicine in 2007. My intern year of residency was in Internal Medicine at Winthrop University Hospital followed by a three year Dermatology residency at Stony Brook where I rose to Chief Resident in 2011. I then completed a two year American College of Mohs Surgery fellowship at St. Louis University under the mentorship of Dr. Scott Fosko, one of the leaders in the field. I have returned to Stony Brook where I strive to deliver the best skin cancer care available.

I am a Long Island native from the south shore of Nassau County. I enjoy spending time with my family, surfing, SCUBA diving, fishing, boating, & snow skiing.

Dr. Slutsky's Experience

See how Dr. Slutsky's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Slutsky

Dr. Slutsky accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Slutsky has admitting privileges.

Dr. Slutsky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Slutsky to family and friends
Dr. Slutsky Says:

I would like to thank our patients and their families for taking the time to comment below. We strive to deliver the best care at Stony Brook Dermatology Associates and your kind words regarding your experiences are truly appreciated.

Dr. Slutsky's Performance
in Moriches, NY |
Doctor and staff were professional, informative and pleasant! They answered all questions of concern until I felt comfortable with the removal of a melanoma on my arm. I would highly recommend them to family and friends.
in East Setauket, NY |
Dr. Slutsky did a fine job. Very knowledgeable, informative, and personable. Excellent bedside manner. Highly recommended for all your dermatological needs.
in Mount Sinai, NY |
Dr Slutsky & his entire staff, made my procedure go very smoothly & successful. Very pleased with my appointment/procedure. Personal follow-up phone call, that evening, was very much appreciated. Dr Slutsky & the entire office & staff are very concerned about everyone's heath & well being.
in Yaphank, NY |
Dr. Slutsky is an excellent and caring doctor. He makes you feel at ease before, during and after your procedure. His assistants and staff are also very good. I would highly recommend him.
in Medford, NY |
All around excellent experience
in Patchogue New York |
I found Dr Slutsky and staff to be polite efficient and professional ,would recommend the dr anytime.
in Shirley NY |
Dr Slutsky spoke professionally concerning the diagnosis and procedure that needed to be performed.
in Rockville Centre, NY |
Dr Slutsky and the entire staff at SB Dermatology are AWESOME! My husband was told by another Dr that he may have a melanoma and would need a biopsy. We called SB for a 2nd opinion. They squeezed us in that very day even though we aren't their patients! Dr Korzenko was very calming and referred us to his colleague Dr Slutsky for the biopsy. Dr Slutsky explained how biopsy would be done and was THE most compassionate Dr! Procedure was painless, the Dr was so kind and followed up w/us that night!
in Mount sinai, ny |
Dr.Slutsky and his staff are the most friendly,efficient,caring and expert in the field of dermatology. From the moment you step into the office you are treated like you are their only patient and are given all their attention.The care and treatment both physically and emotionally is unlike any other. It is thorough and 100% efficient and professional. Throughout any procedure, Dr.Slutsky is constantly concerned that you are understanding of what is being done,made as comfortable as possible.
in Medford, NY |
I've had 4 (!) Mohs surgeries with Dr. Slutsky; 1 on the leg, 2 on the face, and 1 on my right ear. Two of my surgeries (face and ear) involved what I consider to be rather complex reconstruction and wound repair. And all of them turned out beautifully. The scars are practically invisible. In my opinion, the man is not only a top-notch clinician, knowledgeable, caring, and friendly, but also an artist. Everything I'd hope for in a healthcare professional.
in Sound Beach , NY |
All aspects of the care I received from Drs. Slutsky and Wassef was as professionally competent as I could expect and they both exhibited a rare communicative reassurance that has me recommending their care to anyone I know needing their services.
in NORTHPORT NY |
Had 3 Mohes surgery's with Dr. Slutsky and the staff at Stony brook. Everyone was amazing and the procedures went flawless. I highly recommend Dr. Slutsky and Stony brook Dermatology.
in Selden NY |
Dr.Slutsky very down to earth and friendly when explaining my surgery
in Coram, NY |
When faced with a diagnosis that was scary to me, of a cancerous growth on my neck/chest area, I was greatly blessed to be referred by a friend to Dr. Slutsky, who cared for me with such expertise, compassion and sensitivity. Dr. Slutsky carefully explained to me what I had, what my choices were, and how he was going to proceed. During the surgery, he was very comforting and encouraging, and at my request explained to me what he was doing each step of the way. Dr. Slutsky is the BEST!
in St. James |
Dr. Slutsky removed a skin cancer from my forehead about 9 days ago. I was apprehensive about having this procedure, but he was understanding and assured me that everything would go well, and it did. He did a great job, and I am happy with the outcome.
in Shirley, NY |
Great Doctor
in Ronkonkoma, NY |
Dr Slutsky and his staff are very professional and helpful. His work is excellent in regard to surgery and is as good as a plastic surgeon. Very friendly and courteous. He always seems to be on schedule too.
in Stony Brook, NY |
I RARELY LOOK FORWARD TO DOCTORS APPOINTMENTS BUT DR. SLUTSKY IS AN EXCEPTION. IN SPITE OF THE REASON FOR MY VISIT HE IS ABLE TO MAKE ME FEEL EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE. NO WHITE COAT SYNDROME HERE. HE IS THOROUGH AND ORGANIZED AS IS HIS STAFF.
in Sound beach |
He's very caring and explains in detail what he is going to do
Ridge, NY |
Dr Slutsky and staff were excellent.
in Smithtown, NY |
No one wants to have to undergo Mohs surgery, but Dr. Slutsky made my two experiences as good as possible by being a truly caring and highly skilled surgeon. Both times he fully explained (in terms that I understood) the procedures he would perform and answered all my questions. On the days of the procedures, I felt that Dr. Slutsky and his team was totally focused on me. And the results look really great!! Special thanks to Dr. Shah and Nurse Lindsey for their assistance during my recent visit.
in Stony Brook, NY |
Personable doctor who takes the time to explain all aspects of the medical situation and treatment plan. The procedure Dr. Slutsky performed on me had excellent results and I am highly satisfied with all aspects of treatment.
in Manorville, New York |
Dr. Slutsky is an exceptional professional in every way! I've had 2 Moh's surgeries. He has a caring personality and a good sense of humor. He and his nurses make sure the procedure is well understood and the follow up care is done correctly. I highly recommend Dr. Slutsky!
in medford ny |
this doctor is a Picasso he took over an hour to make sure my incision was perfect. He's staff are just very special people they really enjoy their jobs they could not have been more helpful.Thank you for your special care you provide.
in St James, NY |
i WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. SLUTSKY. EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL. VERY THOROUGH. PROVIDES EXPLANATIONS OF PROCEDURES. TAKES AMPLE FOR QUESTIONS
in Middle Island, NY |
I have had four basil cell skin cancers removed by dr Slutsy in the past year. he is by far the nicest most personable, caring dr i have ever gone to.
in Ronkonkoma, NY |
Having had five MOHS procedures I would highly recommend Dr.Slutsky. Beyond his professionalism he enabled me understand and feel comfortable with the procedure he was about to perform. I like the way he treats his staff; sharing his knowledge and experience to further their participation in the process, The communication between he and his staff with Dr. Gregory Diehl and his staff adds to the overall comfort in dealing with my skin cancer condition.
in setauket,ny |
He is very patient and very genuine. If a surgery requires a little pain, blood and care afterwards, he will explain it in detail and followup with the post-surgery care that is needed at home.He recommends that you call or contact him if any irregularities occur, without any delay.
in Ridge, NY |
Dr. Slutsky has performed many MOHS and other surgeries on me in recent years, all too my satisfaction.
in Nesconset, NY |
My surgery was primarily on my face. Therefore I was quite nervous about scarring. I didn't have anything to worry about. Dr. Slutsky was very good in keeping me involved as he worked . The outcome was near perfect. His demeanor was both friendly and professional. That is also true about the nursing staff who assisted him. While I wouldn't want more basal cells to form, if they did I would be extremely satisfied to return to his care.
in setauket |
Dr. Slutsky is an extremely caring and pleasant physician. I was made to feel comfortable throughout the procedure, where all steps were clearly explained. Dr Slutsky took extreme care in ensuring he had the correct spot to remove. He called after both of my surgeries to check and see how I was faring. I highly recommend him.
in Northport, NY |
Unfortunately I had a condition that needed Dr. Slutskys expertise, and fortunately I was blessed to be treated by Dr Slutsky !! The doctor and his staff were fantastic from scheduling, diagnosis, treatment, follow up, and easing any concerns. The doctor himself made the follow up call. Dr Slutsky is highly recommended. Best of health to all and thank you Dr Slutsky.
in Mastic beach NY |
Dr Slutsky was very friendly and informative in my office visit and procedure. He reassured me my procedure was nothing to be worried about... I was recommended by another patient and I would definitely recommend others.
in Port Jefferson Station, NY |
Dr. Slutsky has a warm approachable friendliness toward his patients. He is thorough and explained each step of my procedures. He also followed up by phone and additional office visits to insure everything was healing as planned. I highly recommend Dr. Slutsky, his office, and staff, are professional and made me feel confident I was in good hands.
in Oakdale, NY |
Dr. Slutsky and his staff showed above average concern, care and consideration when I came in extremely frightened. They not only calmed me down but made sure I stayed calm and explained all aspects of the procedure clearly so I could understand. They never made me feel embarassed or rushed. I felt that Dr. Slutsky was very knowledgeable and professional, but also very kind.
in Middle Island NY |
Just completed my third procedure on my face......... first two invisible to naked eye! Third procedure too new to predict but although it was very close to my eye there was no "black eye" as forewarned and no pain after! Dr. Slutsky has a very light hand and continually checks on your level of discomfort. And after you leave fully prepared with instructions....... he calls you at home to check you again! I would recommend him to anyone needing this type of service!
in Bellport, NY |
I've been a patient of Dr. Slutsky's since February, 2014 and in October 2016 he did his eighth Mohs surgery for squamous cell cancer on me. I've found him to be an extremely caring and competent doctor with an equally caring and competent staff starting with Blair, his secretary, the nurses and on thru the residents he works with. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of Mohs surgery.
in Selden, NY |
Dr. Slutsky was very thorough in his examination and took exceptional care in addressing my Melanoma issue. He thoroughly explained what he was doing and why. He answered all questions with full explanations and did not give a rushed or dismissive answer to any and all questions. His supportive staff Dr. Xiong, Nurse Kelly, and Blair provided excellent assistants to both Dr. Slutsky as well my wife and I in the operation as well as the follow up care.
in East Setauket, NY |
Dr Slutsky is a professional that I believe other Physicians could aspire to. His manner is gentle and friendly. He gives one confidence in his professional ability and I would recommend him to any of my relatives and friends.
in new york, ny |
I never met a doctor so kind and understanding from my first visit he was friendly kind and made me feel so comfortable i'm so happy he did my surgery my hero??
in Selden, NY |
He was very sensitive,caring,and he expert in the field.
in Centereach,NY |
My experience with Dr. Slutsky couldn't be more positive. The level of service and care that Dr. Slutsky and his staff provides is extremely high. I highly recommend him.
in Smithtown , NY |
I could not have gone to a more caring, competent, Doctor with an extremley helpful and knowledgeable staff. Dr Slutsky explained my entire procedure very thoroughly and addressed all my questions and concerns without ever rushing. Special thanks to Blair who was able to accommodate my crazy schedule. You guys are all terriffic !
NY |
Dr. Slutsky was wonderful. Very personable and explained everything during the procedure. He also personally followed up with lab results. There was little to no wait time.
in Manorville, NY |
He is very professional, caring, patient Doctor who is very good at what he does.
in miller place, ny 11764 |
Dr Slutsky was recommended to me by my last dermatologist Dr Miller who retired 3 years ago. It is a pleasure to have him as my doctor, its always easy to get an appt, his staff is very friendly and helpful and the facility is clean and modern. Dr Slutsky is an outgoing and friendly doctor who truly seems concerned for your health, he will always take the time to explain things and has my best interest in mind.
in Islip, NY |
Dr. Slutsky is an exceptional surgeon who makes his patients calm and relaxed, regardless of how serious the procedure will be. He follows up personally after every surgery and expresses sincere concern. Many of my surgeries have been complicated, but Dr. Slutsky's professionalism, confidence, and calm demeanor have made me feel at ease.
in Smithtown, NY |
Dr. Slutsky treated me for a facial melanoma involving consultation and surgical excision. Dr. Slutsky was professional, courteous and friendly, making the experience much more relaxed and stress free than expected. He and his staff were patient in explaining the procedure to be used as well as follow-up care and do's and don'ts. I have a high regard for him and his staff and would recommend him without hesitation for skin cancer surgery and related procedures.
in East Setauket, NY |
My husband and I was very pleased with Dr. Slutsky and staff. They were very friendly and very sincere. If we had any issues Dr. Slutsky and staff would take care of it right away. I highly recommend Dr. Slutsky and staff would never change doctors unless other wise.
in East Setauket, NY |
attentive, intelligent, caring, and patient dermatologist. spent all the time needed to care for me. i have full confidence in his capabilities.
Have you seen Dr. Jordan Slutsky, MD?
Are you Dr. Slutsky?

Compare Dr. Slutsky

}

Dr. Slutsky's Care Philosophy

Dr. Slutsky says...

I am a board certified, fellowship trained Dermatologic/ Mohs Surgeon and specialize in the treatment of skin cancer.

I am a Clinical Assistant Professor & the Associate Residency Program Director in the Department of Dermatology at Stony Brook University Medical Center.

In conjunction with my Stony Brook Medicine colleagues, I take a multidisciplinary management approach for the treatment of various types of skin cancer (see list below). I specialize in both surgical &  non-surgical (topical, photodynamic & oral) therapies. I have extensive experience treating high-risk cancers as well as high-risk patients (i.e. immunocompromised organ transplant patients, patients with genetic skin cancer syndromes, etc.).

• Basal cell carcinoma (BCC)
  • Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)
  • Melanoma
  • Actinic keratoses (AK)
  • Atypical/ dysplastic nevi (moles)
  • Other rare skin cancers

Dr. Slutsky says...

I am a Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology & a Fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery. I treat more than 1,000 skin cancers a year & specialize in:

• Mohs Micrographic Surgery- the most curative & tissue conserving treatment for non-melanoma skin cancer
  • Wide local & standard excisions- utilized for melanoma & non-melanoma skin cancer
  • Staged excisions & "slow" Mohs- used for certain subtypes of melanoma (i.e. lentiginous) & rare skin cancers
  • Photodynamic therapy (PDT)- used for actinic keratoses & certain superficial skin cancers
  • Topical skin cancer therapy (cream based)- used for actinic keratoses & certain superficial skin cancer
  • Cryosurgery- used for actinic keratoses & certain superficial skin cancers
  • Electrodessication and curettage- used for certain low risk non-melanoma skin cancers
  • Observation- not all skin cancers & not all patients need treatment!

Dr. Slutsky says...

Dr. Slutsky's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Mohs Micrographic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

Dr. Slutsky has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Slutsky's Board Certifications

• Lentigo Maligna
  • Lentigo Maligna Melanoma
  • Melanoma
  • Merkel Cell Carcinoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nevoid Basal Cell Carcinoma Syndrome

Saint Louis University School of Medicine

Completed in 2012

Colgate University

Graduated in 2001

Dr. Slutsky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Slutsky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Mohs Micrographic Surgery

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Myocutaneous Flaps
  • Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
  • Skin Cancer Removal