Dr. Jordan B. Slutsky, MD

Dr. Jordan B. Slutsky, MD

Mohs Micrographic Surgery | Male

Stony Brook Dermatology Assocs 181 N Belle Mead Ave Ste 5, East Setauket, NY 11733 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I strive to deliver the most effective & safest skin cancer care in the most compassionate, comfortable, & efficient manner possible. I take a team-based approach with my well trained nursing & administrative staff to treat our patients like family. I am an active academic physician & researcher. My interests include tissue sparing skin cancer surgery (Mohs & "slow" Mohs staged excisions), aggressive & unusual skin cancers, high risk skin cancer patients such as organ transplant patients, complications of dermatologic surgery, non-surgical skin cancer treatment & wound healing. I have published numerous articles in medical journals as well as text book chapters. I lecture nationally to physicians & health care providers & teach resident physicians & medical students.Read more

Personal Bio

I completed my undergraduate studies at Colgate University & graduated from Stony Brook University School of Medicine in 2007. My...Read more

Dr. Slutsky's Experience

See how Dr. Slutsky's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Slutsky

Dr. Slutsky accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Slutsky has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Slutsky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Slutsky to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Slutsky
Dr. Slutsky's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (83)
Dr. Slutsky Says:

I would like to thank our patients and their families for taking the time to comment below. We strive to deliver the best care at Stony Brook Dermatology Associates and your kind words regarding your experiences are truly appreciated.

in new york, ny |
I never met a doctor so kind and understanding from my first visit he was friendly kind and made me feel so comfortable i'm so happy he did my surgery my hero??
in Centereach,NY |
My experience with Dr. Slutsky couldn't be more positive. The level of service and care that Dr. Slutsky and his staff provides is extremely high. I highly recommend him.
in Smithtown , NY |
I could not have gone to a more caring, competent, Doctor with an extremley helpful and knowledgeable staff. Dr Slutsky explained my entire procedure very thoroughly and addressed all my questions and concerns without ever rushing. Special thanks to Blair who was able to accommodate my crazy schedule. You guys are all terriffic !
NY |
Dr. Slutsky was wonderful. Very personable and explained everything during the procedure. He also personally followed up with lab results. There was little to no wait time.
in Manorville, NY |
He is very professional, caring, patient Doctor who is very good at what he does.
in miller place, ny 11764 |
Dr Slutsky was recommended to me by my last dermatologist Dr Miller who retired 3 years ago. It is a pleasure to have him as my doctor, its always easy to get an appt, his staff is very friendly and helpful and the facility is clean and modern. Dr Slutsky is an outgoing and friendly doctor who truly seems concerned for your health, he will always take the time to explain things and has my best interest in mind.
in Islip, NY |
Dr. Slutsky is an exceptional surgeon who makes his patients calm and relaxed, regardless of how serious the procedure will be. He follows up personally after every surgery and expresses sincere concern. Many of my surgeries have been complicated, but Dr. Slutsky's professionalism, confidence, and calm demeanor have made me feel at ease.
in Smithtown, NY |
Dr. Slutsky treated me for a facial melanoma involving consultation and surgical excision. Dr. Slutsky was professional, courteous and friendly, making the experience much more relaxed and stress free than expected. He and his staff were patient in explaining the procedure to be used as well as follow-up care and do's and don'ts. I have a high regard for him and his staff and would recommend him without hesitation for skin cancer surgery and related procedures.
in East Setauket, NY |
My husband and I was very pleased with Dr. Slutsky and staff. They were very friendly and very sincere. If we had any issues Dr. Slutsky and staff would take care of it right away. I highly recommend Dr. Slutsky and staff would never change doctors unless other wise.
in East Setauket, NY |
attentive, intelligent, caring, and patient dermatologist. spent all the time needed to care for me. i have full confidence in his capabilities.
in Centereach, NY |
Dr. Slutsky has a very friendly, warm and professional way about him which is not the norm for doctors today. He explained everything he was going to do so you could understand. He and his staff are very caring and he is exceptional at what he does. Would highly recommend Dr. Slutsky to anyone. He even called the night of procedure to make sure everything was ok.
in Holbrook N. y. |
Would recommend him & staff to family & friends .
in East Setauket, NY |
Knowledgeable, easy going, calm, friendly
East Setauket, NY |
He explained everything that he was going to do very clearly at a very coherent level. He was very attentive, he listened and was very knowledgable. The staff was friendly and supportive too. Overall the experience of getting a cancerous growth removed from my scalp was much more pleasant than I imagined it would be, and that is in large part to Dr. Slutsy's professionalism and consideration.
in Mount Sinai, NY |
Dr Slutsky and his staff were was very caring and professional during my office visit and procedure. I was provided with pre and post procedure instructions and a follow-up phone call by Dr Slutsky on the evening of my procedure.
Ronkonkoma, NY |
When I first met Dr. Slutsky I was extremely anxious about having MOHs surgery. He immediately put me at ease. He was honest, informative and so reassuring. The day of my surgery Dr. Slutsky and his entire staff were amazing! They were so friendly and genuinely concerned about me as a patient. They were professional, caring and so warm. Dr. Slutsky is incredibly skilled as a surgeon but also has the gift of being a personable and genuinely caring human being. I am grateful I found him!!
in Mount Sinai, NY |
Great attitude by complete staff. Everyone knows what they are supposed to do and does it well. Dr. Slutsky is a pro and lovely to deal with. Keep up the good work, Helen Martens
in Ridge, NY |
He and his staff couldn't have been any more professional or courteous or polite.
in Medford, NY |
I highly recommend this Physician. His staff is also exceptionally courteous and competent. I wouldn't hesitate to return with any problem involving Dermatology.
in Ridge, NY |
He is very warm, informative and reassuring. I would definitely recommend him.
Wantagh ny |
Dr Slutsky is an exceptional physician. He has a warm assuring manner and a solid experience to back it up. He is direct but compassionate and his knowledge and education are second to none. Quite trustworthy and caring too.
in Ronkonkoma, NY |
Every aspect of my appointments with Dr. Slutsky and his staff was very professional. I would recommend Dr. Slutsky to anyone especially if they are looking for clear explanations and professional care.
in Bay Shore, NY |
Dr. Slutsky performed three surgeries during the past 12-14 months on my face and ear, today you could not tell me where those surgeries were. He was a very pleasant, personable and caring physician who made me feel very comfortable. He made himself available to me after each surgery, personally called me several hours after each event and gave me his personal mobile phone number to use if I had any questions, concerns,or problems.
in Holtsville, NY |
Dr. Slutsky was extremely kind and informative regarding all procedures performed. Would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a good dermatologist. Consummate professional!!
in Mastic Beach NY |
Doctor Slutsky has given me faith in the medical community again. He has given me a new lease on lifejust by being a caring human being. Doctor Slutsky realizes everyone is different and embraces the fact that i am mentally ill and treats me with kindness and TLC. Doctor Slutsky is a great cutaneous oncologist and i could never thank him enough for changing my life for the better.
in Port Jefferson,NY |
Dr. Slutsky's skills and compassion set him apart from the pack. As a healthcare professional myself, I view Dr. Slutsky and his staff as healthcare providers worth emulating. I recommend them without hesitation.
lake grove, ny |
Dr.Slutsky is an excellent Dr. I have been to him twice and both times he and his staff did a great job. Everyone is very professional and friendly. Dr. Slutsky makes me feel very confident in him. He explains what he is doing as he goes along and he is very caring. I would highly recommed this doctor.
in Wading River, NY |
Was timely and detailed in explaining the issues. He even accepted an email photo of my surgery, when I thought it was getting to red and was very responsive to me by email. Very helpful Doctor.
in shirley, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Slutsky to all of my family and friends. He has a wonderful bedside, or should I say chairside, manner. He is friendly while maintaining professionalism. The best thing is that Dr. Slutsky explains the procedure in a way I can fully understand.