Dr. Jordan B. Slutsky, MD

Dr. Jordan B. Slutsky, MD

Dermatology | Male

Stony Brook Dermatology Assocs 181 N Belle Mead Ave Ste 5, East Setauket, NY 11733 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I completed my undergraduate studies at Colgate University & graduated from Stony Brook University School of Medicine in 2007. My...   Read More

Dr. Slutsky's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Slutsky's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Dermatologynull

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Slutsky

Dr. Slutsky accepts 15 insurance carriers

15 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Slutsky has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Slutsky

Dr. Slutsky's Review Details
      5 based on 51 responses
      Experience with Dr. Slutsky
      Dr. Slutsky's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (45)
      Dr. Slutsky says

I would like to thank our patients and their families for taking the time to comment below. We strive to deliver the best care at Stony Brook Dermatology Associates and your kind words regarding your experiences are truly appreciated.

Blue Point, NY |
      Dr. Slutsky is totally professional and totally friendly, "user friendly." He gets to know his patients and does not require unnecessary visits, yet he is thorough and careful in his procedures. His staff is also courteous, helpful, and friendly.
      in New York, NY |
      Dr. Slutsky is very caring and explains every thing in layman's terms. I was told what to expect during the healing process. There were no surprises. I also never had to wait more than ten minutes to be seen.
      in Greenport, NY |
      Terrific experience from waiting room to leaving the office.
      in Lake Grove, NY |
      Dr. Slutsky and his team were very professional ,informative, quick ,courteous, and caring. He explained the complete procedure in detail. He is a wonderful skilled surgeon with a great personality, making me feel like family after having 3 surgeries in the past month. He is the BEST making me aware of skin care and protection from the sun. I Highly reccomend him, and thank him and his team for everything.
      in Patchogue, NY |
      Dr Slutsky and his team were professional, courteous, caring, quick, informative, and interested in my and my well-being. Dr. Slutsky explained everything that was about to happen, needed to happen, and made sure that I recognized the need to protect myself and prevent future occurences. I had two MOHs procedures done, one on the nose and another on the temple. Both procedures were successful on the first attempt. Dr. Slutsky has an easy manner that goes along way towards lowering anxiety
      in Stony Brook, NY |
      Calm and very assured is something that I really like in a Doctor. He was very friendly, but 100% professional. His surgery was excellent, and I felt very much at ease while he worked on my hand. Stu
      Centereach, NY |
      I had Mohs surgery with Dr. Slutsky two weeks ago He was AMAZING both professionally and personally. He is an excellent surgeon and physiican.. . He explained everything fully and made me feel very confortable. His staff is also amazing. Kelly his nurse and Blair his receptionist were wonderful They are true professionals in every sense of the word. i would highly reccommend Dr. Slutsky. I dont normally do surveys, but I felt compelled to because of how fantastic they were.
      in Port Jefferson Station, NY |
      Dr. Slutsky is truly skilled, both in his surgical techniques and in his approach to the procedures. I have had over a dozen Moe's surgeries, (4 by Dr. Slutsky), and his have been the most painless and least disfiguring of all. Just as important as his surgical skill, however, is the fact that he truly listens to his patients. A patient needs a skillful surgery and a belief that his care has been the best he can imagine. Dr. Slutsky accomplishes it all.
      in Ridge, NY |
      very informative and caring.
      in East Setauket, NY |
      compassion and intelligence. interpersonal skills and medical skills all top knotch
      in Mount Sinai, NY |
      Dr. Slutsky has given me excellent care for my basal cell treatment and other skin issues. I have seen him for my Mohs surgery as well which was painless and with minimal scaring. Excellent Doctor who listens and explains all phases of your skin cancer issues. Gail S.
      in New York, NY |
      He was very caring and professional with a manner that put me at ease. He explained everything clearly.
      in Rocky Point, New York |
      A very personal Doctor. He explained in detail what was going to be done to the area.I felt very relaxed when I left his office.. I also mentioned that a cocktail would be appreciated when I returned for my check-up He said OK. Wasn't that nice of him? plus he has a jovial personality.
      in Eastport,N.Y. |
      In the last two years I have had two Mohs procedures (on my forehead) with Dr. Slutsky. I am pleased with the results and healing of the procedure preformed by Dr. Slutsky. His pleasant manner and friendly nurses made the whole experience very comfortable. I would strongly recommend that you visit Dr. Slutsky for your Mohs treatments.
      in Sayville, NY |
      The doctor was easy to talk to and answered my concerns. I've had several dermatologists in the past and I feel very comfortable with Dr. Slutsky.
      in Smithtown, NY |
      Professional yet familiar. Good patient rapport.
      in mt sinai ny |
      i felt very comfortable and relaxed he explained what he would do in friendly and clear manner.he did his work and refd me to dr adler for plastic surgery
      in Ronkonkoma, NY |
      I was treated by Dr. Slutsky. He was very knowledgeable, professional and i was impressed by him.I would not hesitate to recommend him. He also answered all my questions, And put me at ease about the procedure.
      in Centereach, NY |
      I have been to see Dr. Slutsky for two different surgeries removing basil cell growths. He is a very knowledgeable surgeon who has great skills and an engaging bedside manner. I enjoy dealing with him and all his office personnel.
      in Shoreham, NY |
      Dr. Slusky informed me clearly what he was going to do to remove my skin cancers and answered all my questions on each occasion. And there were many occasions that I needed surgery on my face and ears and am I am happy to say that the treatment left no noticeable scars.
      in Holbrook, NY |
      Dr slutsky Office works like clock work. The staff operates as a team.Every member contributes to a warm and friendly atmosphere
      in Port Jefferson, NY |
      I have nothing but the utmost confidence in and respect for Dr. Slutsky. He performed my Mohs surgery recently; and I found him to be readily available to answer my concerns during the healing process via email or phone while I was away from Long Island. His staff could not be more helpful scheduling appointments and during interactions in the office. I cannot recommend Dr. Slutsky enough.
      in Rocky Point, NY |
      Dr. Slutsky was very up front about what he was going to do and how long the procedure might take.. He put me at ease right from our first meeting.
      in sound beach ny |
      Dr. Slutsky is a very kind, gentle and professional doctor.
      in New York, NY |
      Friendly, thorough, honest and follows up himself with a phone call to see how you are.
      in Medford, NY |
      I found Dr. Slutsky to be very caring and very compassionate to my needs. I would highly recommend Dr. Slutsky to family and friends.
      in Ridge, NY |
      Wonderful bedside manner. Very forthcoming with info on procedure
      Setauket, NY |
      Dr. Slutsky was very easy to feel comfortable with, and explained in detail the procedure I needed. His staff was equally friendly and efficient. I highly recommend this doctor!
      in Medford, NY |
      very caring,explained everything, very professional and knowledgeable
      in Manorville, NY |
      Amazing Doctor, great experience. Had surgery on my arm, and my scar is practically invisible. I highly recommend him for any condition you may have.
      in Centereach, NY |
      Dr. Slutsky was very pleasant and understanding, He explained the whole procedure to me, and got back to me quickly with the results, I highly recommend Him to anyone who is looking for these attributes.
      Dr. Slutsky was wonderful. He answered any questions that I had, explained everything that he was doing and kept me totally at ease. I would recommend him to anyone who needs mohs surgery.
      in Hauppauge, NY |
      Dr. Slutsky was confident and demonstrated genuine concern for my comfort and care. Prompt follow-up of procedure excellent care provided by medical assistant. Overall positive experiance considering it was a surgical procedure.
      in Bohemia, NY |
      Dr. Slutsky is wonderful; he spends adequate time with you as a patient, and answers all your questions and concerns, and provides all the possible alternatives to treat your condition. He performed Moh's surgery on me, and I am 100% happy with the surgery he performed and the after results. If I need anymore Moh's surgery in the future, I am looking no further then Dr. Slutsky for my care. In addition, his staff is wonderful as well and most accommodating in every way. I highly recommend him.
      Have you seen Dr. Slutsky?

Compare Dr. Slutsky

• Lentigo Maligna
      • Lentigo Maligna Melanoma
      • Melanoma
      • Merkel Cell Carcinoma
      • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
      • Nevoid Basal Cell Carcinoma Syndrome

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
      • Excision of Skin Cancer
      • Mohs Surgery
      • Myocutaneous Flaps
      • Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
      • Skin Cancer Removal
      • Skin Cancer Surgery With Reconstruction
      • Skin Cancer Tumor Treatment
      • Skin Grafts
      • Skin Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

Stony Brook Univ Hsc Sch Med

Saint Louis University School of Medicine

Completed in 2012

Colgate University

Graduated in 2001

Dr. Slutsky has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Slutsky's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Dermatology
      • Board certified in Dermatology
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Slutsky

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Slutsky's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Slutsky

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Slutsky says...

I completed my undergraduate studies at Colgate University & graduated from Stony Brook University School of Medicine in 2007. My intern year of residency was in Internal Medicine at Winthrop University Hospital followed by a three year Dermatology residency at Stony Brook where I rose to Chief Resident in 2011. I then completed a two year American College of Mohs Surgery fellowship at St. Louis University under the mentorship of Dr. Scott Fosko, one of the leaders in the field. I have returned to Stony Brook where I strive to deliver the best skin cancer care available.

I am a Long Island native from the south shore of Nassau County. I enjoy spending time with my family, surfing, SCUBA diving, fishing, boating, & snow skiing.

Dr. Slutsky's Care Philosophy

I strive to deliver the most effective & safest skin cancer care in the most compassionate, comfortable, & efficient manner possible. I take a team-based approach with my well trained nursing & administrative staff to treat our patients like family.

I am an active academic physician & researcher. My interests include tissue sparing skin cancer surgery (Mohs & "slow" Mohs staged excisions), agressive & unusual skin cancers, high risk skin cancer patients such as organ transplant patients, complications of dermatologic surgery, non-surgical skin cancer treatment & wound healing. I have published numerous articles in medical journals as well as text book chapters. I lecture nationally to physicians & health care providers & teach resident physicians & medical students.

Dr. Slutsky says...

I am a board certified, fellowship trained Dermatologic/ Mohs Surgeon and specialize in the treatment of skin cancer.

I am a Clinical Assistant Professor & the Associate Residency Program Director in the Department of Dermatology at Stony Brook University Medical Center.

In conjunction with my Stony Brook Medicine colleagues, I take a multidisciplinary management approach for the treatment of various types of skin cancer (see list below). I specialize in both surgical &  non-surgical (topical, photodynamic & oral) therapies. I have extensive experience treating high-risk cancers as well as high-risk patients (i.e. immunocompromised organ transplant patients, patients with genetic skin cancer syndromes, etc.).

• Basal cell carcinoma (BCC)
      • Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)
      • Melanoma
      • Actinic keratoses (AK)
      • Atypical/ dysplastic nevi (moles)
      • Other rare skin cancers

Dr. Slutsky says...

I am a Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology & a Fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery. I treat more than 1,000 skin cancers a year & specialize in:

• Mohs Micrographic Surgery- the most curative & tissue conserving treatment for non-melanoma skin cancer
      • Wide local & standard excisions- utilized for melanoma & non-melanoma skin cancer
      • Staged excisions & "slow" Mohs- used for certain subtypes of melanoma (i.e. lentiginous) & rare skin cancers
      • Photodynamic therapy (PDT)- used for actinic keratoses & certain superficial skin cancers
      • Topical skin cancer therapy (cream based)- used for actinic keratoses & certain superficial skin cancer
      • Cryosurgery- used for actinic keratoses & certain superficial skin cancers
      • Electrodessication and curettage- used for certain low risk non-melanoma skin cancers
      • Observation- not all skin cancers & not all patients need treatment!