Dr. Jordan Slutsky, MD

Dr. Jordan Slutsky, MD

Mohs Micrographic Surgery  |
Dr. Jordan Slutsky, MD is a mohs micrographic surgery specialist in Stony Brook, NY and has been practicing for 6 years. He graduated from Stony Brook Univ Hsc Sch Med in 2007 and specializes in mohs micrographic surgery, dermatology, and more.Read his story

1320 Stony Brook Rd Ste 200

Stony Brook, NY 11790

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • MagnaCare

Learn about Dr. Slutsky

See how frequently Dr. Slutsky performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cancer
Skin Cancer
Excision of Benign Skin Lesion

Dr. Slutsky's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Slutsky's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Slutsky "I completed my undergraduate studies at Colgate University & graduated from Stony Brook University School of Medicine in 2007. My intern year of residency was in Internal Medicine at Winthrop University Hospital followed by a three year Dermatology residency at Stony Brook where I rose to Chief Resident in 2011. I then completed a two year American College of Mohs Surgery fellowship at St. Louis University under the mentorship of Dr. Scott Fosko, one of the leaders in the field. I have returned to Stony Brook where I strive to deliver the best skin cancer care available. I am a Long Island native from the south shore of Nassau County. I enjoy spending time with my family, surfing, SCUBA diving, fishing, boating, & snow skiing."

This content was provided by Dr. Slutsky "I strive to deliver the most effective & safest skin cancer care in the most compassionate, comfortable, & efficient manner possible. I take a team-based approach with my well trained nursing & administrative staff to treat our patients like family.

I am an active academic physician & researcher. My interests include tissue sparing skin cancer surgery (Mohs & "slow" Mohs staged excisions), aggressive & unusual skin cancers, high risk skin cancer patients such as organ transplant patients, complications of dermatologic surgery, non-surgical skin cancer treatment & wound healing. I have published numerous articles in medical journals as well as text book chapters. I lecture nationally to physicians & health care providers & teach resident physicians & medical students."

• Mohs Micrographic Surgery

• Lentigo Maligna
  • Lentigo Maligna Melanoma
  • Melanoma
  • Merkel Cell Carcinoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nevoid Basal Cell Carcinoma Syndrome

• Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Myocutaneous Flaps
  • Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Cancer Surgery With Reconstruction
  • Skin Cancer Tumor Treatment
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Colgate University
  • Stony Brook Hosp-Suny
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Slutsky has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Slutsky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Slutsky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Slutsky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Slutsky to family and friends
based on 193 total reviews (153 with comments)

Dr. Slutsky's Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time
Dr. Slutsky Says:

I would like to thank our patients and their families for taking the time to comment below. We strive to deliver the best care at Stony Brook Dermatology Associates and your kind words regarding your experiences are truly appreciated.

Dr. Slutsky is very kind and caring. He was very thorough in answering my questions. I will recommend him always.
Dr. Slutsky and his staff provided me outstanding care from consultation , through surgery and follow up. Clean, comfortable and friendly practice. I absolutely give them my highest recommendation.
Excellent atmosphere, professional, efficient nurses and staff. Dr. Slutsky is the best! He explains the diagnosis technically and then in layman' terms. He also verbally guides you through the procedure as he is doing it.
Very satisfy with the surgery
Dr, Slutsky is a patient and kind physician. His follow-up was amazing...two phone calls to inquire how I was doing and to inform me of lab results. Very few doctors take the time to personally keep in touch with their patients. I is so reassuring to know that I have a skilled but caring...more

Are you Dr. Slutsky?