Dr. Jordan B. Slutsky, MD

Dr. Jordan B. Slutsky, MD

Dermatology | Male

Stony Brook Dermatology Assocs 181 N Belle Mead Ave Ste 5, East Setauket, NY 11733 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I strive to deliver the most effective & safest skin cancer care in the most compassionate, comfortable, & efficient manner possible. I take a team-based approach with my well trained nursing & administrative staff to treat our patients like family. I am an active academic physician & researcher. My interests include tissue sparing skin cancer surgery (Mohs & "slow" Mohs staged excisions), agressive & unusual skin cancers, high risk skin cancer patients such as organ transplant patients, complications of dermatologic surgery, non-surgical skin cancer treatment & wound healing. I have published numerous articles in medical journals as well as text book chapters. I lecture nationally to physicians & health care providers & teach resident physicians & medical students.Read more

Personal Bio

I completed my undergraduate studies at Colgate University & graduated from Stony Brook University School of Medicine in 2007. My...Read more

Dr. Slutsky's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Slutsky's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Slutsky

Dr. Slutsky accepts 15 insurance carriers

15 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Slutsky has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Slutsky
Dr. Slutsky's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (62)
Dr. Jordan B. Slutsky, MD says

I would like to thank our patients and their families for taking the time to comment below. We strive to deliver the best care at Stony Brook Dermatology Associates and your kind words regarding your experiences are truly appreciated.

Wantagh ny |
Dr Slutsky is an exceptional physician. He has a warm assuring manner and a solid experience to back it up. He is direct but compassionate and his knowledge and education are second to none. Quite trustworthy and caring too.
in Ronkonkoma, NY |
Every aspect of my appointments with Dr. Slutsky and his staff was very professional. I would recommend Dr. Slutsky to anyone especially if they are looking for clear explanations and professional care.
in Bay Shore, NY |
Dr. Slutsky performed three surgeries during the past 12-14 months on my face and ear, today you could not tell me where those surgeries were. He was a very pleasant, personable and caring physician who made me feel very comfortable. He made himself available to me after each surgery, personally called me several hours after each event and gave me his personal mobile phone number to use if I had any questions, concerns,or problems.
in Holtsville, NY |
Dr. Slutsky was extremely kind and informative regarding all procedures performed. Would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a good dermatologist. Consummate professional!!
in Mastic Beach NY |
Doctor Slutsky has given me faith in the medical community again. He has given me a new lease on lifejust by being a caring human being. Doctor Slutsky realizes everyone is different and embraces the fact that i am mentally ill and treats me with kindness and TLC. Doctor Slutsky is a great cutaneous oncologist and i could never thank him enough for changing my life for the better.
in Port Jefferson,NY |
Dr. Slutsky's skills and compassion set him apart from the pack. As a healthcare professional myself, I view Dr. Slutsky and his staff as healthcare providers worth emulating. I recommend them without hesitation.
lake grove, ny |
Dr.Slutsky is an excellent Dr. I have been to him twice and both times he and his staff did a great job. Everyone is very professional and friendly. Dr. Slutsky makes me feel very confident in him. He explains what he is doing as he goes along and he is very caring. I would highly recommed this doctor.
in Wading River, NY |
Was timely and detailed in explaining the issues. He even accepted an email photo of my surgery, when I thought it was getting to red and was very responsive to me by email. Very helpful Doctor.
in shirley, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Slutsky to all of my family and friends. He has a wonderful bedside, or should I say chairside, manner. He is friendly while maintaining professionalism. The best thing is that Dr. Slutsky explains the procedure in a way I can fully understand.
in port jefferson station |
my wife and i have had the occasion to be his patients...he is very info rmative and open to discuss our surgeries and follow ups...his work is excellent..we are both satisfied with our outcomes...if you are looking for a competent caring doctor he is your guy
in Stony Brook |
I had the best experience ever with Dr. Slutsky . Professional , experienced, clear,and caring. His staff members friendly ,respectful and welcoming. I would recommend them to anyone for sure. Thanks Dr Slutsky
in Port Jefferson, NY |
Dr. Slutsky and his team were professional, courteous, caring, and being this was my first surgery, able to put me at ease. On a post op visit, his staff noticed I was wearing a "boot" and asked about my condition, and through their concern, I went to a walk in center, got a x-ray, and discovered that I had a broken foot, not a sprain, as I had thought. Were it not for their concerns, I would not have gone, so I thank them and truly appreciate all his team for their compassion and caring.
in East Setauket, NY |
Dr Slutsky was caring, gentle and informative. he explained the procedure as he went along, and took time in doing so.
in Stony Brook, NY |
Best doctor experience I've had in years. Essentially no waiting, at any point. Explanations are very clear and he follows his procedures for patient safety assiduously. And excellent staff, as well. I don't usually give all excellents, but these are deserved.
in Mt. Sinai, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Slutsky. During my first consultation with him, Dr. Slutsky was very informative, knowledgable, and friendly. Receiving a skin cancer diagnosis at age 31 was a very scary thing for me and I was instantly put at ease knowing that he would be providing my care. Before, during, and after the MOH surgery, Dr. Slutsky and the nurses were very personable, caring, and calming. They kept their professionalism while also making me feel more comfortable during the procedure
in New York, NY |
I would surly recommend Dr. Slutsky as he was so helpful and I felt he really knew my problem and was caring He was clear as to what should be done and how it would all be done. That is exactly what happened and I feel very happy with the out come. I would give his name to anyone with skin problems.and I would be fast to return if I have another one.
in Port Jefferson, NY |
I have had 2 most satisfactory experiences with Dr.Slutsky and his staff. My husband had a rather extensive procedure and he responded so well to the care he received in this office. My procedure was less invasive and the professionalism, the care, the efficiency displayed by each member of the staff made what could have been a most stressful experience into a most pleasant one. Thank you to all. Helene Flynn
in Selden, NY |
Doctor and staff professional and helpful
Blue Point, NY |
Dr. Slutsky is totally professional and totally friendly, user friendly. He gets to know his patients and does not require unnecessary visits, yet he is thorough and careful in his procedures. His staff is also courteous, helpful, and friendly.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Slutsky is very caring and explains every thing in layman's terms. I was told what to expect during the healing process. There were no surprises. I also never had to wait more than ten minutes to be seen.
in Greenport, NY |
Terrific experience from waiting room to leaving the office.
in Lake Grove, NY |
Dr. Slutsky and his team were very professional ,informative, quick ,courteous, and caring. He explained the complete procedure in detail. He is a wonderful skilled surgeon with a great personality, making me feel like family after having 3 surgeries in the past month. He is the BEST making me aware of skin care and protection from the sun. I Highly reccomend him, and thank him and his team for everything.
in Patchogue, NY |
Dr Slutsky and his team were professional, courteous, caring, quick, informative, and interested in my and my well-being. Dr. Slutsky explained everything that was about to happen, needed to happen, and made sure that I recognized the need to protect myself and prevent future occurences. I had two MOHs procedures done, one on the nose and another on the temple. Both procedures were successful on the first attempt. Dr. Slutsky has an easy manner that goes along way towards lowering anxiety
in Stony Brook, NY |
Calm and very assured is something that I really like in a Doctor. He was very friendly, but 100% professional. His surgery was excellent, and I felt very much at ease while he worked on my hand. Stu
Centereach, NY |
I had Mohs surgery with Dr. Slutsky two weeks ago He was AMAZING both professionally and personally. He is an excellent surgeon and physiican.. . He explained everything fully and made me feel very confortable. His staff is also amazing. Kelly his nurse and Blair his receptionist were wonderful They are true professionals in every sense of the word. i would highly reccommend Dr. Slutsky. I dont normally do surveys, but I felt compelled to because of how fantastic they were.
in Port Jefferson Station, NY |
Dr. Slutsky is truly skilled, both in his surgical techniques and in his approach to the procedures. I have had over a dozen Moe's surgeries, (4 by Dr. Slutsky), and his have been the most painless and least disfiguring of all. Just as important as his surgical skill, however, is the fact that he truly listens to his patients. A patient needs a skillful surgery and a belief that his care has been the best he can imagine. Dr. Slutsky accomplishes it all.
in Ridge, NY |
very informative and caring.
in East Setauket, NY |
compassion and intelligence. interpersonal skills and medical skills all top knotch
in Mount Sinai, NY |
Dr. Slutsky has given me excellent care for my basal cell treatment and other skin issues. I have seen him for my Mohs surgery as well which was painless and with minimal scaring. Excellent Doctor who listens and explains all phases of your skin cancer issues. Gail S.
in New York, NY |
He was very caring and professional with a manner that put me at ease. He explained everything clearly.
in Rocky Point, New York |
A very personal Doctor. He explained in detail what was going to be done to the area.I felt very relaxed when I left his office.. I also mentioned that a cocktail would be appreciated when I returned for my check-up He said OK. Wasn't that nice of him? plus he has a jovial personality.
in Eastport,N.Y. |
In the last two years I have had two Mohs procedures (on my forehead) with Dr. Slutsky. I am pleased with the results and healing of the procedure preformed by Dr. Slutsky. His pleasant manner and friendly nurses made the whole experience very comfortable. I would strongly recommend that you visit Dr. Slutsky for your Mohs treatments.
in Sayville, NY |
The doctor was easy to talk to and answered my concerns. I've had several dermatologists in the past and I feel very comfortable with Dr. Slutsky.
in Smithtown, NY |
Professional yet familiar. Good patient rapport.
in mt sinai ny |
i felt very comfortable and relaxed he explained what he would do in friendly and clear manner.he did his work and refd me to dr adler for plastic surgery
in Ronkonkoma, NY |
I was treated by Dr. Slutsky. He was very knowledgeable, professional and i was impressed by him.I would not hesitate to recommend him. He also answered all my questions, And put me at ease about the procedure.
in Centereach, NY |
I have been to see Dr. Slutsky for two different surgeries removing basil cell growths. He is a very knowledgeable surgeon who has great skills and an engaging bedside manner. I enjoy dealing with him and all his office personnel.
in Shoreham, NY |
Dr. Slusky informed me clearly what he was going to do to remove my skin cancers and answered all my questions on each occasion. And there were many occasions that I needed surgery on my face and ears and am I am happy to say that the treatment left no noticeable scars.
in Holbrook, NY |
Dr slutsky Office works like clock work. The staff operates as a team.Every member contributes to a warm and friendly atmosphere
in Port Jefferson, NY |
I have nothing but the utmost confidence in and respect for Dr. Slutsky. He performed my Mohs surgery recently; and I found him to be readily available to answer my concerns during the healing process via email or phone while I was away from Long Island. His staff could not be more helpful scheduling appointments and during interactions in the office. I cannot recommend Dr. Slutsky enough.
in Rocky Point, NY |
Dr. Slutsky was very up front about what he was going to do and how long the procedure might take.. He put me at ease right from our first meeting.
in sound beach ny |
Dr. Slutsky is a very kind, gentle and professional doctor.
in New York, NY |
Friendly, thorough, honest and follows up himself with a phone call to see how you are.
in Medford, NY |
I found Dr. Slutsky to be very caring and very compassionate to my needs. I would highly recommend Dr. Slutsky to family and friends.
in Ridge, NY |
Wonderful bedside manner. Very forthcoming with info on procedure
Setauket, NY |
Dr. Slutsky was very easy to feel comfortable with, and explained in detail the procedure I needed. His staff was equally friendly and efficient. I highly recommend this doctor!
in Medford, NY |
very caring,explained everything, very professional and knowledgeable
in Manorville, NY |
Amazing Doctor, great experience. Had surgery on my arm, and my scar is practically invisible. I highly recommend him for any condition you may have.
in Centereach, NY |
Dr. Slutsky was very pleasant and understanding, He explained the whole procedure to me, and got back to me quickly with the results, I highly recommend Him to anyone who is looking for these attributes.
Dr. Slutsky was wonderful. He answered any questions that I had, explained everything that he was doing and kept me totally at ease. I would recommend him to anyone who needs mohs surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Jordan B. Slutsky, MD?

Compare Dr. Slutsky