Mohs Micrographic Surgery  |
Dr. Jordan Slutsky, MD
I completed my undergraduate studies at Colgate University & graduated from Stony Brook University School of Medicine in 2007. My intern year of residency was in Internal Medicine at Winthrop University Hospital followed by a three year Dermatology residency at Stony Brook where I rose to Chief Resident in 2011. I then completed a two year American College of Mohs Surgery fellowship at St. Louis University under the mentorship of Dr. Scott Fosko, one of the leaders in the field. I have returned to Stony Brook where I strive to deliver the best skin cancer care available. I am a Long Island native from the south shore of Nassau County. I enjoy spending time with my family, surfing, SCUBA diving, fishing, boating, & snow skiing.

1320 Stony Brook Rd Ste 200

Stony Brook, NY 11790

Dr. Jordan Slutsky, MD

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • VNS Choice
  • Vytra Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Slutsky

I strive to deliver the most effective & safest skin cancer care in the most compassionate, comfortable, & efficient manner possible. I take a team-based approach with my well trained nursing & administrative staff to treat our patients like family.

I am an active academic physician & researcher. My interests include tissue sparing skin cancer surgery (Mohs & "slow" Mohs staged excisions), aggressive & unusual skin cancers, high risk skin cancer patients such as organ transplant patients, complications of dermatologic surgery, non-surgical skin cancer treatment & wound healing. I have published numerous articles in medical journals as well as text book chapters. I lecture nationally to physicians & health care providers & teach resident physicians & medical students.

Dr. Slutsky's Experience

Dr. Slutsky's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Mohs Micrographic Surgery

• Lentigo Maligna
  • Lentigo Maligna Melanoma
  • Melanoma
  • Merkel Cell Carcinoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nevoid Basal Cell Carcinoma Syndrome

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Myocutaneous Flaps
  • Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Cancer Surgery With Reconstruction
  • Skin Cancer Tumor Treatment
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Colgate University
  • Stony Brook Hosp-Suny
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Slutsky has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Slutsky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Slutsky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Slutsky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Slutsky to family and friends
Dr. Slutsky Says:

I would like to thank our patients and their families for taking the time to comment below. We strive to deliver the best care at Stony Brook Dermatology Associates and your kind words regarding your experiences are truly appreciated.

Dr. Slutsky's Performance
in Ronkonkoma, NY |
I was extremely happy with Dr. Slutsky. He took his time explaining what type of skin cancer I had, and what to expect with my MOHS surgery. He was very kind and professional, and put my worries at ease. My surgery went well & he called me personally that afternoon to see how I was feeling. I was very lucky to have such a great doctor!
in Patchogue ,NY |
Dr. Slutsky provided me with Expert Professional Medical Care. His support team does the same, all working together in an efficient group. Dr. Slutsky personally called after hours to check on my condition and if I had any addl. concerns. . The front office well staffed and organized .The waiting area is clean, spacious, and comfortable, with plenty of natural light as opposed to the cramped dark conditions of most medical waiting areas My appointment was on time. All with well
in Ridge, NY |
Very professional and pleasant. Answered any questions I had and made feel confident in the treatment I was having.
Medford, NY |
It was my first time, Dr. Slutsky put me at ease explaining the treatment I needed. He was easy to talk to and answered my questions.
in Long Beach, NY |
Excellent diagnostician and MOAS surgeon. Extremely pleased
in Saint James, NY |
Efficient and Professional, great experience
in Miller Place, NY |
Could not have gotten a more positive experience. Explanations were clear. Procedure was easy and uneventful. Being able to rest in the same room was an extra I hadn't even thought possible. Although I don't want to ever have another skin cancer, at least I know not to be anxious about it.
Nice bedside manners. Makes patients at ease. Knowledgeable. Nursing staff with him excellent and very friendly. Excellent experience.
in Nesconset, NY |
Speaking about him deserves a word absolutely. He is not only a Dr. that know his technical working but also he sure you understand clearly what he found and how he intends to do the work and caring and understanding the patient feelings. The two LPN's that worked with him Kelly and Ellen (?) were people that did there job so well from medical responsibility and to holding my hand. Doctor he sure is but he is a person who understands people and their emotions. I am referred to Cancer doctor
in east moriches |
out of this world. great staff. well run office. dr. slutskys work was outstanding and his manner was impeccable.
in Lake Grove, NY |
Dr slutsky called several times after surgery just to see how I was doing. Very rare to have dr take extra time with patients! True concern by him and all his staff.
in South Setauket, NY |
Dr. Slutsky is a wonderful doctor, caring, warm, friendly and makes you calm and not overly worried. Very positive attitude, which is comforting.
in farmingville |
Very friendly. I had great understanding of what he was doing. I'm very happy with him and would I use him again. Well of cause. Thank you Dr. Slutsky.
East Setauket, NY |
I was referred to Dr. Slutsky by Dr. Tara Kaufman for Moh's surgery. While getting a diagnosis that surgery is necessary is never good, Dr. Slutsky made the whole process much easier. He is very patient and thorough in his descriptions of what was going to happen both before and after the surgery. Since surgery, the recovery was smooth and the scar, despite being only a week since the stitches were removed is barely noticeable. I would and will highly recommend Dr. Slutsky.
in Port Jefferson, NY |
Dr. Slutsky was pleasant and confident which made the procedure most comfortable for me.
in Holbrook,NY |
Great Doctor ,easy to talk to and answered all my questions .Great staff, start to finish.
in Port Jeff. Station N. Y. |
From start to finish Dr. Slutsky and his staff were A 1 in consideration and treatment with my medical needs.
in Babylon, NY |
Excellent DR who explained everything before during and after the procedure . Dr Slutsky actually made his own follow up call . Very impressed and would recommend him to anyone.
in Hackensack, NJ |
I was extremely satisfied with the care received at Stony Brook Dermatology. Dr. Slutksy too his time to explain each step and as to why it was necessary. His staff was quite friendly and courteousness and kept a close eye on how I was doing. I would highly recommend both Dr. Slutsky and his staff for any dermatology issues.
in Wading River, NY |
Dr. Slutsky has performed two Mohs on me and I totally recommend him and his staff. Excellent. And caring! He calls every patient at the end of the day to see how they are doing.
in Huntington, NY |
I have seen Dr. Slutsky for 3 procedures in the past 3 years. He is a great physician. Compassionate, friendly and caring, he always takes time to explain the diagnosis, treatment options and procedures involved. I have never felt pressured with a treatment plan that I don't fully understand. He takes the time to answer all my questions and I have total confidence with his opinions. He is an extremely skilled surgeon. His staff is excellent, always concerned with the best possible outcome.
in Moriches, NY |
Doctor and staff were professional, informative and pleasant! They answered all questions of concern until I felt comfortable with the removal of a melanoma on my arm. I would highly recommend them to family and friends.
in East Setauket, NY |
Dr. Slutsky did a fine job. Very knowledgeable, informative, and personable. Excellent bedside manner. Highly recommended for all your dermatological needs.
in Mount Sinai, NY |
Dr Slutsky & his entire staff, made my procedure go very smoothly & successful. Very pleased with my appointment/procedure. Personal follow-up phone call, that evening, was very much appreciated. Dr Slutsky & the entire office & staff are very concerned about everyone's heath & well being.
in Yaphank, NY |
Dr. Slutsky is an excellent and caring doctor. He makes you feel at ease before, during and after your procedure. His assistants and staff are also very good. I would highly recommend him.
in Medford, NY |
All around excellent experience
in Patchogue New York |
I found Dr Slutsky and staff to be polite efficient and professional ,would recommend the dr anytime.
in Shirley NY |
Dr Slutsky spoke professionally concerning the diagnosis and procedure that needed to be performed.
in Rockville Centre, NY |
Dr Slutsky and the entire staff at SB Dermatology are AWESOME! My husband was told by another Dr that he may have a melanoma and would need a biopsy. We called SB for a 2nd opinion. They squeezed us in that very day even though we aren't their patients! Dr Korzenko was very calming and referred us to his colleague Dr Slutsky for the biopsy. Dr Slutsky explained how biopsy would be done and was THE most compassionate Dr! Procedure was painless, the Dr was so kind and followed up w/us that night!
in Mount sinai, ny |
Dr.Slutsky and his staff are the most friendly,efficient,caring and expert in the field of dermatology. From the moment you step into the office you are treated like you are their only patient and are given all their attention.The care and treatment both physically and emotionally is unlike any other. It is thorough and 100% efficient and professional. Throughout any procedure, Dr.Slutsky is constantly concerned that you are understanding of what is being done,made as comfortable as possible.
in Medford, NY |
I've had 4 (!) Mohs surgeries with Dr. Slutsky; 1 on the leg, 2 on the face, and 1 on my right ear. Two of my surgeries (face and ear) involved what I consider to be rather complex reconstruction and wound repair. And all of them turned out beautifully. The scars are practically invisible. In my opinion, the man is not only a top-notch clinician, knowledgeable, caring, and friendly, but also an artist. Everything I'd hope for in a healthcare professional.
in Sound Beach , NY |
All aspects of the care I received from Drs. Slutsky and Wassef was as professionally competent as I could expect and they both exhibited a rare communicative reassurance that has me recommending their care to anyone I know needing their services.
in NORTHPORT NY |
Had 3 Mohes surgery's with Dr. Slutsky and the staff at Stony brook. Everyone was amazing and the procedures went flawless. I highly recommend Dr. Slutsky and Stony brook Dermatology.
in Selden NY |
Dr.Slutsky very down to earth and friendly when explaining my surgery
in Coram, NY |
When faced with a diagnosis that was scary to me, of a cancerous growth on my neck/chest area, I was greatly blessed to be referred by a friend to Dr. Slutsky, who cared for me with such expertise, compassion and sensitivity. Dr. Slutsky carefully explained to me what I had, what my choices were, and how he was going to proceed. During the surgery, he was very comforting and encouraging, and at my request explained to me what he was doing each step of the way. Dr. Slutsky is the BEST!
in St. James |
Dr. Slutsky removed a skin cancer from my forehead about 9 days ago. I was apprehensive about having this procedure, but he was understanding and assured me that everything would go well, and it did. He did a great job, and I am happy with the outcome.
in Shirley, NY |
Great Doctor
in Ronkonkoma, NY |
Dr Slutsky and his staff are very professional and helpful. His work is excellent in regard to surgery and is as good as a plastic surgeon. Very friendly and courteous. He always seems to be on schedule too.
in Stony Brook, NY |
I RARELY LOOK FORWARD TO DOCTORS APPOINTMENTS BUT DR. SLUTSKY IS AN EXCEPTION. IN SPITE OF THE REASON FOR MY VISIT HE IS ABLE TO MAKE ME FEEL EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE. NO WHITE COAT SYNDROME HERE. HE IS THOROUGH AND ORGANIZED AS IS HIS STAFF.
in Sound beach |
He's very caring and explains in detail what he is going to do
Ridge, NY |
Dr Slutsky and staff were excellent.
in Smithtown, NY |
No one wants to have to undergo Mohs surgery, but Dr. Slutsky made my two experiences as good as possible by being a truly caring and highly skilled surgeon. Both times he fully explained (in terms that I understood) the procedures he would perform and answered all my questions. On the days of the procedures, I felt that Dr. Slutsky and his team was totally focused on me. And the results look really great!! Special thanks to Dr. Shah and Nurse Lindsey for their assistance during my recent visit.
in Stony Brook, NY |
Personable doctor who takes the time to explain all aspects of the medical situation and treatment plan. The procedure Dr. Slutsky performed on me had excellent results and I am highly satisfied with all aspects of treatment.
in Manorville, New York |
Dr. Slutsky is an exceptional professional in every way! I've had 2 Moh's surgeries. He has a caring personality and a good sense of humor. He and his nurses make sure the procedure is well understood and the follow up care is done correctly. I highly recommend Dr. Slutsky!
in medford ny |
this doctor is a Picasso he took over an hour to make sure my incision was perfect. He's staff are just very special people they really enjoy their jobs they could not have been more helpful.Thank you for your special care you provide.
in St James, NY |
i WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. SLUTSKY. EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL. VERY THOROUGH. PROVIDES EXPLANATIONS OF PROCEDURES. TAKES AMPLE FOR QUESTIONS
in Middle Island, NY |
I have had four basil cell skin cancers removed by dr Slutsy in the past year. he is by far the nicest most personable, caring dr i have ever gone to.
in Ronkonkoma, NY |
Having had five MOHS procedures I would highly recommend Dr.Slutsky. Beyond his professionalism he enabled me understand and feel comfortable with the procedure he was about to perform. I like the way he treats his staff; sharing his knowledge and experience to further their participation in the process, The communication between he and his staff with Dr. Gregory Diehl and his staff adds to the overall comfort in dealing with my skin cancer condition.
in setauket,ny |
He is very patient and very genuine. If a surgery requires a little pain, blood and care afterwards, he will explain it in detail and followup with the post-surgery care that is needed at home.He recommends that you call or contact him if any irregularities occur, without any delay.
in Ridge, NY |
Dr. Slutsky has performed many MOHS and other surgeries on me in recent years, all too my satisfaction.
Have you seen Dr. Jordan Slutsky, MD?
Are you Dr. Slutsky?

Visit Dr. Slutsky

Dr. Slutsky accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • EmblemHealth
    Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) PPO
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • MagnaCare