Dr. Jordan B. Slutsky, MD

Dr. Jordan B. Slutsky, MD

Mohs Micrographic Surgery | Male | 37 years old

I strive to deliver the most effective & safest skin cancer care in the most compassionate, comfortable, & efficient manner possible. I take a team-based approach with my well trained nursing & administrative staff to treat our patients like family. I am an active academic physician & researcher. My interests include tissue sparing skin cancer surgery (Mohs & "slow" Mohs staged excisions), aggressive & unusual skin cancers, high risk skin cancer patients such as organ transplant patients, complications of dermatologic surgery, non-surgical skin cancer treatment & wound healing. I have published numerous articles in medical journals as well as text book chapters. I lecture nationally to physicians & health care providers & teach resident physicians & medical students.Read more

Personal Bio

I completed my undergraduate studies at Colgate University & graduated from Stony Brook University School of Medicine in 2007. My...Read more

Dr. Slutsky's Experience

See how Dr. Slutsky's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Slutsky

Dr. Slutsky accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Slutsky has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Slutsky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Slutsky to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Slutsky
Dr. Slutsky's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (100)
Dr. Slutsky Says:

I would like to thank our patients and their families for taking the time to comment below. We strive to deliver the best care at Stony Brook Dermatology Associates and your kind words regarding your experiences are truly appreciated.

in Nesconset, NY |
My surgery was primarily on my face. Therefore I was quite nervous about scarring. I didn't have anything to worry about. Dr. Slutsky was very good in keeping me involved as he worked . The outcome was near perfect. His demeanor was both friendly and professional. That is also true about the nursing staff who assisted him. While I wouldn't want more basal cells to form, if they did I would be extremely satisfied to return to his care.
in setauket |
Dr. Slutsky is an extremely caring and pleasant physician. I was made to feel comfortable throughout the procedure, where all steps were clearly explained. Dr Slutsky took extreme care in ensuring he had the correct spot to remove. He called after both of my surgeries to check and see how I was faring. I highly recommend him.
in Northport, NY |
Unfortunately I had a condition that needed Dr. Slutskys expertise, and fortunately I was blessed to be treated by Dr Slutsky !! The doctor and his staff were fantastic from scheduling, diagnosis, treatment, follow up, and easing any concerns. The doctor himself made the follow up call. Dr Slutsky is highly recommended. Best of health to all and thank you Dr Slutsky.
in Mastic beach NY |
Dr Slutsky was very friendly and informative in my office visit and procedure. He reassured me my procedure was nothing to be worried about... I was recommended by another patient and I would definitely recommend others.
in Port Jefferson Station, NY |
Dr. Slutsky has a warm approachable friendliness toward his patients. He is thorough and explained each step of my procedures. He also followed up by phone and additional office visits to insure everything was healing as planned. I highly recommend Dr. Slutsky, his office, and staff, are professional and made me feel confident I was in good hands.
in Oakdale, NY |
Dr. Slutsky and his staff showed above average concern, care and consideration when I came in extremely frightened. They not only calmed me down but made sure I stayed calm and explained all aspects of the procedure clearly so I could understand. They never made me feel embarassed or rushed. I felt that Dr. Slutsky was very knowledgeable and professional, but also very kind.
in Middle Island NY |
Just completed my third procedure on my face......... first two invisible to naked eye! Third procedure too new to predict but although it was very close to my eye there was no "black eye" as forewarned and no pain after! Dr. Slutsky has a very light hand and continually checks on your level of discomfort. And after you leave fully prepared with instructions....... he calls you at home to check you again! I would recommend him to anyone needing this type of service!
in Bellport, NY |
I've been a patient of Dr. Slutsky's since February, 2014 and in October 2016 he did his eighth Mohs surgery for squamous cell cancer on me. I've found him to be an extremely caring and competent doctor with an equally caring and competent staff starting with Blair, his secretary, the nurses and on thru the residents he works with. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of Mohs surgery.
in Selden, NY |
Dr. Slutsky was very thorough in his examination and took exceptional care in addressing my Melanoma issue. He thoroughly explained what he was doing and why. He answered all questions with full explanations and did not give a rushed or dismissive answer to any and all questions. His supportive staff Dr. Xiong, Nurse Kelly, and Blair provided excellent assistants to both Dr. Slutsky as well my wife and I in the operation as well as the follow up care.
in East Setauket, NY |
Dr Slutsky is a professional that I believe other Physicians could aspire to. His manner is gentle and friendly. He gives one confidence in his professional ability and I would recommend him to any of my relatives and friends.
in new york, ny |
I never met a doctor so kind and understanding from my first visit he was friendly kind and made me feel so comfortable i'm so happy he did my surgery my hero??
in Selden, NY |
He was very sensitive,caring,and he expert in the field.
in Centereach,NY |
My experience with Dr. Slutsky couldn't be more positive. The level of service and care that Dr. Slutsky and his staff provides is extremely high. I highly recommend him.
in Smithtown , NY |
I could not have gone to a more caring, competent, Doctor with an extremley helpful and knowledgeable staff. Dr Slutsky explained my entire procedure very thoroughly and addressed all my questions and concerns without ever rushing. Special thanks to Blair who was able to accommodate my crazy schedule. You guys are all terriffic !
NY |
Dr. Slutsky was wonderful. Very personable and explained everything during the procedure. He also personally followed up with lab results. There was little to no wait time.
in Manorville, NY |
He is very professional, caring, patient Doctor who is very good at what he does.
in miller place, ny 11764 |
Dr Slutsky was recommended to me by my last dermatologist Dr Miller who retired 3 years ago. It is a pleasure to have him as my doctor, its always easy to get an appt, his staff is very friendly and helpful and the facility is clean and modern. Dr Slutsky is an outgoing and friendly doctor who truly seems concerned for your health, he will always take the time to explain things and has my best interest in mind.
in Islip, NY |
Dr. Slutsky is an exceptional surgeon who makes his patients calm and relaxed, regardless of how serious the procedure will be. He follows up personally after every surgery and expresses sincere concern. Many of my surgeries have been complicated, but Dr. Slutsky's professionalism, confidence, and calm demeanor have made me feel at ease.
in Smithtown, NY |
Dr. Slutsky treated me for a facial melanoma involving consultation and surgical excision. Dr. Slutsky was professional, courteous and friendly, making the experience much more relaxed and stress free than expected. He and his staff were patient in explaining the procedure to be used as well as follow-up care and do's and don'ts. I have a high regard for him and his staff and would recommend him without hesitation for skin cancer surgery and related procedures.
in East Setauket, NY |
My husband and I was very pleased with Dr. Slutsky and staff. They were very friendly and very sincere. If we had any issues Dr. Slutsky and staff would take care of it right away. I highly recommend Dr. Slutsky and staff would never change doctors unless other wise.
in East Setauket, NY |
attentive, intelligent, caring, and patient dermatologist. spent all the time needed to care for me. i have full confidence in his capabilities.
in Centereach, NY |
Dr. Slutsky has a very friendly, warm and professional way about him which is not the norm for doctors today. He explained everything he was going to do so you could understand. He and his staff are very caring and he is exceptional at what he does. Would highly recommend Dr. Slutsky to anyone. He even called the night of procedure to make sure everything was ok.
in Holbrook N. y. |
Would recommend him & staff to family & friends .
in East Setauket, NY |
Knowledgeable, easy going, calm, friendly
East Setauket, NY |
He explained everything that he was going to do very clearly at a very coherent level. He was very attentive, he listened and was very knowledgable. The staff was friendly and supportive too. Overall the experience of getting a cancerous growth removed from my scalp was much more pleasant than I imagined it would be, and that is in large part to Dr. Slutsy's professionalism and consideration.
in Mount Sinai, NY |
Dr Slutsky and his staff were was very caring and professional during my office visit and procedure. I was provided with pre and post procedure instructions and a follow-up phone call by Dr Slutsky on the evening of my procedure.
Ronkonkoma, NY |
When I first met Dr. Slutsky I was extremely anxious about having MOHs surgery. He immediately put me at ease. He was honest, informative and so reassuring. The day of my surgery Dr. Slutsky and his entire staff were amazing! They were so friendly and genuinely concerned about me as a patient. They were professional, caring and so warm. Dr. Slutsky is incredibly skilled as a surgeon but also has the gift of being a personable and genuinely caring human being. I am grateful I found him!!
in Mount Sinai, NY |
Great attitude by complete staff. Everyone knows what they are supposed to do and does it well. Dr. Slutsky is a pro and lovely to deal with. Keep up the good work, Helen Martens
in Ridge, NY |
He and his staff couldn't have been any more professional or courteous or polite.
in Medford, NY |
I highly recommend this Physician. His staff is also exceptionally courteous and competent. I wouldn't hesitate to return with any problem involving Dermatology.
in Ridge, NY |
He is very warm, informative and reassuring. I would definitely recommend him.
Wantagh ny |
Dr Slutsky is an exceptional physician. He has a warm assuring manner and a solid experience to back it up. He is direct but compassionate and his knowledge and education are second to none. Quite trustworthy and caring too.
in Ronkonkoma, NY |
Every aspect of my appointments with Dr. Slutsky and his staff was very professional. I would recommend Dr. Slutsky to anyone especially if they are looking for clear explanations and professional care.
in Bay Shore, NY |
Dr. Slutsky performed three surgeries during the past 12-14 months on my face and ear, today you could not tell me where those surgeries were. He was a very pleasant, personable and caring physician who made me feel very comfortable. He made himself available to me after each surgery, personally called me several hours after each event and gave me his personal mobile phone number to use if I had any questions, concerns,or problems.
in Holtsville, NY |
Dr. Slutsky was extremely kind and informative regarding all procedures performed. Would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a good dermatologist. Consummate professional!!
in Mastic Beach NY |
Doctor Slutsky has given me faith in the medical community again. He has given me a new lease on lifejust by being a caring human being. Doctor Slutsky realizes everyone is different and embraces the fact that i am mentally ill and treats me with kindness and TLC. Doctor Slutsky is a great cutaneous oncologist and i could never thank him enough for changing my life for the better.
in Port Jefferson,NY |
Dr. Slutsky's skills and compassion set him apart from the pack. As a healthcare professional myself, I view Dr. Slutsky and his staff as healthcare providers worth emulating. I recommend them without hesitation.
lake grove, ny |
Dr.Slutsky is an excellent Dr. I have been to him twice and both times he and his staff did a great job. Everyone is very professional and friendly. Dr. Slutsky makes me feel very confident in him. He explains what he is doing as he goes along and he is very caring. I would highly recommed this doctor.
in Wading River, NY |
Was timely and detailed in explaining the issues. He even accepted an email photo of my surgery, when I thought it was getting to red and was very responsive to me by email. Very helpful Doctor.
in shirley, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Slutsky to all of my family and friends. He has a wonderful bedside, or should I say chairside, manner. He is friendly while maintaining professionalism. The best thing is that Dr. Slutsky explains the procedure in a way I can fully understand.
in port jefferson station |
my wife and i have had the occasion to be his patients...he is very info rmative and open to discuss our surgeries and follow ups...his work is excellent..we are both satisfied with our outcomes...if you are looking for a competent caring doctor he is your guy
in Stony Brook |
I had the best experience ever with Dr. Slutsky . Professional , experienced, clear,and caring. His staff members friendly ,respectful and welcoming. I would recommend them to anyone for sure. Thanks Dr Slutsky
in Port Jefferson, NY |
Dr. Slutsky and his team were professional, courteous, caring, and being this was my first surgery, able to put me at ease. On a post op visit, his staff noticed I was wearing a "boot" and asked about my condition, and through their concern, I went to a walk in center, got a x-ray, and discovered that I had a broken foot, not a sprain, as I had thought. Were it not for their concerns, I would not have gone, so I thank them and truly appreciate all his team for their compassion and caring.
in East Setauket, NY |
Dr Slutsky was caring, gentle and informative. he explained the procedure as he went along, and took time in doing so.
in Stony Brook, NY |
Best doctor experience I've had in years. Essentially no waiting, at any point. Explanations are very clear and he follows his procedures for patient safety assiduously. And excellent staff, as well. I don't usually give all excellents, but these are deserved.
in Mt. Sinai, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Slutsky. During my first consultation with him, Dr. Slutsky was very informative, knowledgable, and friendly. Receiving a skin cancer diagnosis at age 31 was a very scary thing for me and I was instantly put at ease knowing that he would be providing my care. Before, during, and after the MOH surgery, Dr. Slutsky and the nurses were very personable, caring, and calming. They kept their professionalism while also making me feel more comfortable during the procedure
in New York, NY |
I would surly recommend Dr. Slutsky as he was so helpful and I felt he really knew my problem and was caring He was clear as to what should be done and how it would all be done. That is exactly what happened and I feel very happy with the out come. I would give his name to anyone with skin problems.and I would be fast to return if I have another one.
in Port Jefferson, NY |
I have had 2 most satisfactory experiences with Dr.Slutsky and his staff. My husband had a rather extensive procedure and he responded so well to the care he received in this office. My procedure was less invasive and the professionalism, the care, the efficiency displayed by each member of the staff made what could have been a most stressful experience into a most pleasant one. Thank you to all. Helene Flynn
in Selden, NY |
Doctor and staff professional and helpful
Blue Point, NY |
Dr. Slutsky is totally professional and totally friendly, user friendly. He gets to know his patients and does not require unnecessary visits, yet he is thorough and careful in his procedures. His staff is also courteous, helpful, and friendly.
Have you seen Dr. Jordan B. Slutsky, MD?
Are you Dr. Slutsky?

Compare Dr. Slutsky

Dr. Slutsky says...

I completed my undergraduate studies at Colgate University & graduated from Stony Brook University School of Medicine in 2007. My intern year of residency was in Internal Medicine at Winthrop University Hospital followed by a three year Dermatology residency at Stony Brook where I rose to Chief Resident in 2011. I then completed a two year American College of Mohs Surgery fellowship at St. Louis University under the mentorship of Dr. Scott Fosko, one of the leaders in the field. I have returned to Stony Brook where I strive to deliver the best skin cancer care available.

I am a Long Island native from the south shore of Nassau County. I enjoy spending time with my family, surfing, SCUBA diving, fishing, boating, & snow skiing.

Dr. Slutsky's Care Philosophy

I strive to deliver the most effective & safest skin cancer care in the most compassionate, comfortable, & efficient manner possible. I take a team-based approach with my well trained nursing & administrative staff to treat our patients like family.

I am an active academic physician & researcher. My interests include tissue sparing skin cancer surgery (Mohs & "slow" Mohs staged excisions), aggressive & unusual skin cancers, high risk skin cancer patients such as organ transplant patients, complications of dermatologic surgery, non-surgical skin cancer treatment & wound healing. I have published numerous articles in medical journals as well as text book chapters. I lecture nationally to physicians & health care providers & teach resident physicians & medical students.

Dr. Slutsky says...

I am a board certified, fellowship trained Dermatologic/ Mohs Surgeon and specialize in the treatment of skin cancer.

I am a Clinical Assistant Professor & the Associate Residency Program Director in the Department of Dermatology at Stony Brook University Medical Center.

In conjunction with my Stony Brook Medicine colleagues, I take a multidisciplinary management approach for the treatment of various types of skin cancer (see list below). I specialize in both surgical &  non-surgical (topical, photodynamic & oral) therapies. I have extensive experience treating high-risk cancers as well as high-risk patients (i.e. immunocompromised organ transplant patients, patients with genetic skin cancer syndromes, etc.).

• Basal cell carcinoma (BCC)
  • Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)
  • Melanoma
  • Actinic keratoses (AK)
  • Atypical/ dysplastic nevi (moles)
  • Other rare skin cancers

Dr. Slutsky says...

I am a Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology & a Fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery. I treat more than 1,000 skin cancers a year & specialize in:

• Mohs Micrographic Surgery- the most curative & tissue conserving treatment for non-melanoma skin cancer
  • Wide local & standard excisions- utilized for melanoma & non-melanoma skin cancer
  • Staged excisions & "slow" Mohs- used for certain subtypes of melanoma (i.e. lentiginous) & rare skin cancers
  • Photodynamic therapy (PDT)- used for actinic keratoses & certain superficial skin cancers
  • Topical skin cancer therapy (cream based)- used for actinic keratoses & certain superficial skin cancer
  • Cryosurgery- used for actinic keratoses & certain superficial skin cancers
  • Electrodessication and curettage- used for certain low risk non-melanoma skin cancers
  • Observation- not all skin cancers & not all patients need treatment!

Dr. Slutsky says...

Dr. Slutsky's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Mohs Micrographic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

Dr. Slutsky has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Slutsky's Board Certifications

• Lentigo Maligna
  • Lentigo Maligna Melanoma
  • Melanoma
  • Merkel Cell Carcinoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nevoid Basal Cell Carcinoma Syndrome

Saint Louis University School of Medicine

Completed in 2012

Colgate University

Graduated in 2001

Dr. Slutsky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Slutsky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Mohs Micrographic Surgery

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Myocutaneous Flaps
  • Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Cancer Surgery With Reconstruction
  • Skin Cancer Tumor Treatment
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin Surgery

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.