Dr. Joni Hougaard, MD

Dr. Joni Hougaard, MD

22 reviews

Family Medicine | Female

Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve.Read more

Jordan Family Health

Dr. Hougaard's Experience

See how Dr. Hougaard's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hougaard

Dr. Hougaard accepts 20 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hougaard has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hougaard's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hougaard to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Hougaard's Performance
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Joni has been my primary care doctor for almost 20 years. She is caring, compassionate yet tough when she needs to be. She discusses my health with me and lets me know all the options and we decide together on my care. Recently, my Health Insurance informed me that they would no longer cover my visits because they were no longer on their plan. I still go to see Dr. Joni because of the fantastic care I receive by not only the doctor, but staff. I can't recommend this office highly enough
Salt Lake City, UT |
I have been very pleased with Dr. Hougarrd. I feel like I can discuss anything with her. Even though she is busy she still takes the time to listen and has your best interest at heart. I also like the way Dr. Hougarrd explains my symptoms to me so I understand what she is talking about. The staff at Jordan Family Health is friendly and courteous and patient. The office is very clean and comfortable. I have never had to wait very long to get in to see someone. I like their hours.
South Jordan, UT |
I've seen her twice for two different things and I left there both times feeling angry and dissatisfied. Dr. Hougaard is so rude and condescending. Her nurse is rude and impatient. I will never visit her or this office again.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our goal is to deliver exceptional care and service at every visit. We are concerned about your visit while in our care and would like to speak to you further. Please contact the practice manager, Shannon Nichols at 801-676-4215 or at Shannon.Nichols@hcahealthcare.com.
in Lehi Ut |
This lady needs to go back to medical school. She has a terrible bed side manner and she gave me a EKG because I was having shortness of breath and coughing. She told me my EKG was fine! Within in the next few days I was in the emergency room and I had to have 3 stents. Have seen her a few times and she is just so cold and distant. Would not recommend her to anyone.
We are very sorry to hear of your recent negative experience. We strive at Jordan Family Health to earn your loyalty and trust. We are constantly striving to improve and appreciate the feedback you have given us. I would be happy to discuss this matter further with you please reach out to me at (801)569-1999. Cameron Owen, Clinic Manager.
in West Jordan, UT |
Horrible bedside manner, didn't take my issues seriously. I felt like she was doing me a favor by seeing me and that I was wasting her time. I left feeling worse.
in West Jordan, UT |
Always feel comfortable speaking with Dr. Hougaard about anything. She never rushes me, hears what I am trying to say & understands me. She always explains things thoroughly & answers my questions. I wish I had found her sooner.
Have you seen Dr. Joni Hougaard, MD?

Compare Dr. Hougaard

More Family Practitioners like Dr. Hougaard at Jordan Family Health

Dr. Hougaard's Care Philosophy

Dr. Hougaard's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Dr. Hougaard has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hougaard's Board Certifications

Completed in 1995

Phc Of Utah Fam Med Phc Regl Hospital

Completed in 1997

• Norwegian

Dr. Hougaard does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hougaard and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage