Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Jongwook Ham, MD
Dr. Jongwook Ham, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Elgin, IL. He is 47 years old. Dr. Ham is affiliated with Advocate Sherman Hospital and St. Alexius Medical Center.

2050 Larkin Ave Ste 102

Elgin, IL 60123

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Ham

Dr. Ham's Experience

Dr. Ham's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Board certified in Otolaryngology

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Facial Plastic Surgery
  • Head and Neck Endocrine Surgery
  • Otolaryngic Allergy
  • Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Rhinology

• Facial Diseases and Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Facial Trauma
  • Food Allergy
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperthrophic Scar
  • Streptococcal Infections
  • Tear Duct Disorders
  • Tempormandibular Joint Pain
  • Throat Cancer
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergy Shots
  • Allergy Testing
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balance Testing
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Earwax Removal
  • Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Microlaryngoscopy
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Nasal Disorder Endoscopy
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Neck Surgery
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Treatment for Nose Bleeds
  • Uvulectomy
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Illinois
  • Cornell Weill/Ny Presby Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • New York Med Center New York Ny
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Ham has no media or publications listed.

• Korean

Dr. Ham does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ham and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ham's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ham to family and friends
Dr. Ham's Performance
Buffalo Grove, IL |
My husband went to see Dr. Ham for dizziness. We ended up with a ridiculously high bill for completely unnecessary procedures like nasal endoscopy (!). Be aware as some doctors have turned into salesmen and try to rob you as much as they can. Would not recommend.
in Elgin, IL |
Dr. Ham is a fantastic ENT doctor who performed a total thyroid removal operation on me. He listened & answered my numerous questions & concerns in detail before the operation and at a level which my wife and I could understand. The operation was a success and you can barely see where the incision was made because he did it where it would blend in with a "neck crease". I found out he did a fellowship in plastic surgery which explains the great job he did on the incision and suture.
in Elgin, IL |
I have been going to Dr. Ham for three years. I had a nose that many doctors would not fix for me. I could not breath thought my nose very well for most of my life. When Dr. Ham looked me over he said that he could fix my nose. To this day I can breath and you are a blessing to me. Dr. Ham is the best. I thank you for your help and giving me a better life. You are the Master of you work.
in Streamwood, IL |
Dr. Ham performed surgery on ear for removal of cancer from sun damage. Operation was very successful and cannot tell that large section taken from ear was removed. Incredible job and removing the affected area of cancer and cosmetically did a fantastic job. Dr. Ham and staff are great and would recommend anyone needing advise or surgery to use him with confidence.
in Huntley, IL |
On my recent appointment with Dr. Ham. I came in with a sore throat, somewhat difficulty swallowing, etc. He was very compassionate and thorough. After a routine checking of my ears, he numbed up my nostrils. He sent a probe down my nose narrated what he was looking at and said it all looked good. He suggested I go to my gastro doctor for an endoscopy to check if my esophagus was good. I recommended him to my friend and he removed her thyroid. She (and I) have high praise for Dr. Ham.
in Elgin, IL |
Dr. Ham removed my 14 year old daughters tonsils last year. He was very gentle with her and explained things so she could understand what to expect. She's never been healthier. I had sinus reconstructive surgery with Dr, Ham 2 weeks ago. Again I couldn't be happier with the process and the results. His "bedside manner" is very good and he really understands his specialty. Everyone in the office is always friendly and helpful especially Val.
Dundee, IL |
Dr. Ham Listen carefully to me as I described my symptoms and then did his exam. He prescribed the test that enabled my diagnosis. This was on the first visit after 3 1/2 years of seeing other doctors.
in Chicago, IL |
Recently visited the office of Dr. Ham and was quite pleased. The office staff was fantastic and couldn't be nicer. Dr. Ham was awesome. Listened to my problem and took the necessary steps to make sure I didn't have a bigger problem. Great sense of humor in both Dr. Ham and the ladies up front. Great experience.
Carpentersville, IL |
Dr. Ham performed surgery to remove my thyroid. He explained the procedure in detail, making sure all my questions were answered and I felt comfortable with what was going to happen. The surgery went exactly as planned with no complications. It has been 3 months and the scar is healing nicely and barely visible. Dr. Ham is a great choice if your looking for an ENT.
in Fox River Grove, IL |
Dr. Ham and his team have done a wonderful job with getting my allergies under control. When I had started I was breaking out in hives and considering sinus surgery. I was taking several prescription medications daily to calm my allergies. It is now a manageable issue, although it was a slow process of a few years to get to this point (due to how severe my allergies are). Linda in the allergy lab is also such a sweetheart and she is an incredibly caring person. Thank you for everything!
in De Pere, WI |
My name is Nadia Grillo. I have been a patient since 2010. I then lived in Elgin. I had my checkup every 6 months. I have since moved to Green Bay, WI on Sept. 5, 2014. He has treated me well through out these past years. I will not change Dr. Ham for anyone else. It takes me about 4 hours to get to his office and believe I don't mind the travel. He is a great doctor and I highly recommend him to anyone who has a problem with ENT. Thank you Dr. Ham for been there for me. Nadia
in Pingree Grove, IL |
Always upbeat, professional. Listens to patients. Gives advice and opinion without a lot of fuss and bother. Never met a more personable physician.
in Elgin, IL |
I saw Dr. Ham on Aug 12, 2016. When I left his office I had no faith in him. I have used a Neti Pot for years and always ended up on antibiotics. Have had 4 sinus surgeries. He told me to use Johnson's Baby Shampoo with the saline packets. Since I have been doing that when my sinuses act up I have not had to go on antibiotics. I am so thankful and highly recommend Dr. Ham.
in Lake in the Hills |
Dr. Ham and staff are excellent and very professional in explaining and following up on office visits, making arrangements for surgery and would highly recommend Dr. Ham to all our family and friends. Dr. Ham's surgical procedures are the very best.
in Elgin, IL |
Dr. Ham is a very caring and effective doctor. I saw him for a medical problem I noticed 4 years ago. The first doctor I went to did not find the source of the problem. When I saw Dr. Ham he found it and corrected it in the first visit. He took the time to examine me thoroughly. He also looked at my MRI and thoroughly explained all those images to me. He's the only doctor I will see for my ENT issues from now on. I highly recommend Dr. Ham. He is very compassionate, caring, and skilled!
in Streamwood, IL |
Dr. Ham is simply wonderful. He is a very good doctor who is very competent in his knowledge, medical judgment, and implementation of procedures. He is both conscientious and caring, and actually listens to his patient which leads to the best outcome in his assessment and treatment. In my visits with him he has always a pleasant and positive demeanor, and he thoroughly explains the problem, diagnosis, treatment and options, etc. I have always had the utmost confidence in him.
in Fox Valley |
I have suffered from sinus related problems all of my life and was recommended to him by some fellow employees who had been treated by him and were quite satisfied. Long story short he is extremely thorough in his explanations and what I could expect from surgery. It's been three months since the surgery and it was definitely worth it. Breathing much better, less congestion, less frequent sinus headaches and according to my wife my snoring has pretty much stopped. Highly recommend him, great Dr.
in Batavia, IL |
Dr. Ham is thorough, patient and also quite funny. He cares very much for his patients. He made me feel better when 3 prior doctors were unable to.
in Algonquin, IL |
I have not met a doctor with a better bedside manner that I can think of than Dr. Ham. My son has been going through some strange health issues, and Dr. Ham took the time sit right next to me and go over each lab result and test, line by line, in layman's terms, so I understood what was going on with my boy. Better yet - I didn't even ask him to. He is very knowledgeable with a peaceful demeanor. The office staff is great! I will recommend him every chance I get.
in Woodstock, IL |
Dr. Ham is incredibly knowledgable, caring, personable, and takes the time to explain diagnosis and procedures to his patients in laymen terms. His staff is most helpful and courteous. I can't recommend this doctor / practice more highly.
in Elgin, Illinois |
What a kind and gentle man....he gives his all to every patient.First visit he listened the numerous issues I was having: sleep apnea, hearing loss,chronic cough, deviated nasal septum. He patiently listened to everything I told him, and scoped my nose and mouth and showed me on the screen the various deviations that was causing my many symptoms. No hesitation in scheduling surgical procedure because he explained how it would alleviate problems. 2-1/2 hrs I was there. He was incredibly thorough.
in South Elgin, IL |
I've been dealing with debilitating allergies for the past five years. I was referred to Dr. Ham by a family member and I'm so glad I was! Within a few office visits I had a game plan on how to move forward. This last December I underwent full sinus reconstructive surgery. The procedure went flawless and I've not had a sinus pressure headache since!!! Dr. Ham is professional and has the heart of a teacher. If you suffer from sinus issues I would highly recommend making an appointment!!!
in il,south elgin |
He is the best Dr around .he did my pedotidectomy surgery .i would recommend to every one,
Have you seen Dr. Jongwook Ham, MD?
Are you Dr. Ham?