Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 36

Dr. Backus

Washington University Orthopaedics Center For Advanced Medicine

4921 Parkview Pl Saint Louis, MO 63110

Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Saint Louis, MO and has been practicing for 3 years. He graduated from DUKE UNIV SCH OF MED in 2010 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic foot & ankle surgery.

Dr. Backus accepts

Dr. Backus accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Rocky Mountain Health Plans
WellPoint
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check Dr. Backus' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Backus' Top Procedures and Conditions

Foot Fracture

Dr. Backus treats Foot Fracture more than 85% of his peers

Dr. Backus treats this condition more than 85% of his peers

Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
high

Dr. Backus treats Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture more than 84% of his peers

Dr. Backus treats this condition more than 84% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Achilles Tendon Rupture

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Morton's Neuroma

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Backus

Dr. Backus?
Dr. Backus' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD
I would highly recommend Dr. Backus as an orthopedic surgeon. He fully explained the positives and negatives to the surgery I required to fix my dislocated ankle. I also had 3 fractures that required plates and screws to stabilize my ankle. He spoke with confidence, which helped me feel even more confident in choosing him a my physician. The surgery went very well, so now I await the next steps in my recovery. Thank you again, Dr. Backus.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
Dr Bachus performed Mirco-Fracture Surgery on my Right Talus (Ankle) in February. Dr told me post op everything went great and he tested the ligaments and they were Good to go. (aka no need to open me all the way up and fix those) Now looking down the barrel of having to go back and have the micro fracture redone, which is bad enough, but also my ligaments are unstable and now those may need to be operated on as well. Yes, I was told post op they were good to go!! Trust me go to someone else unless you enjoy being laid up and ponying up for surgery and rehab multiple times.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
A little over a year ago, I could not walk. After a couple of consultations, I elected to have a Modified Brostrom procedure to repair the ligaments in my left ankle. Due to his comforting presence, knowledge-base, and sports focus, I elected to have Dr. Backus perform the operation. I am pleased to say that today I ran a full marathon. Although it wasn't my fastest time by just a few minutes, I ran completely pain-free and have never felt this strong after pushing hard through 26.2 miles. Dr. Backus is a professional in the truest sense and his skill and bed-side manner are second to none. I highly recommend Dr. Backus!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
Dr Backus performed surgery on an Achilles avulsion and did a fantastic job! I returned to work exactly six months from the date of the injury with the confidence to fully complete my job functions. I was so pleased that every step of my recovery was exactly as Dr Backus had explained to me,no surprises! The staff at cornerstone is excellent and I highly recommend them!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
Dr. Backus repaired my Achilles rupture back in February. The ER doc at Avista Hospital recommended Cornerstone. Scheduling was fast and easy and the staff is very friendly, especially Hilary. It was clear from the start that Dr. Backus was extremely knowledgeable about my injury. He presented all of my options, including non-surgical. He always takes time to answer questions and I never feel rushed. And, my surgery was a great success and my scar is barely visible!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
I was very happy with Dr. Backus and Hillary. Spot on with the diagnosis and the level of care. Awesome bedside manner after surgery. Hillary was very easy to get in touch with. I highly recommend Dr. Backus.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
I had a fairly difficult ankle injury and was referred to Dr. Backus by an ER doc friend of mine. Every experience I had with Dr. Backus and his staff at Cornerstone was exceptional. 6 months after my surgery I was able to bike and ski. Best of all I haven’t had any ankle pain in months.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
Dr. Backus did a tendon repair in my ankle. Upon my initial meeting with him, I felt very comfortable. After my surgery, I felt like every time I was in there it was a burden. He was very dismissive. About 9 months after my surgery, I was still having pain and swelling. Instead of examining my ankle or getting any images. He said I should have injections. At this point I got a 2nd opinion. Had to have 2nd surgery to fix tear in the exact same tendon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
Dr Backus was great from the beginning-- when I saw him after my ankle injury, through my surgery and recovery, and on through visits during my physical therapy. He always took time to listen to my concerns, explain what was going on and answer my questions. This relieved a lot of my anxiety about my injury. The staff and physical therapists were also awesome to work with. I have recommended Dr. Backus to others and will continue to do so. Thanks, Doc!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
Dr Backus was easy to work with and very knowledgeable. I had a decision to make about whether to get surgery (outer ligament tear ankle) or to try and treat the injury thru pt alone. The Dr was very clear in explaining the pros and cons of both. Ultimately I had a successful surgery and recovery. During the recovery process Dr Backus was helpful with any questions I had. Additionally cornerstone orthapedics was easy to work with and I'm overall happy with that experience as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
If you ever need an orthopedic surgeon for any reason, I highly recommend Dr. Backus. He removed two bunions that had been causing me pain for years and was very knowledgeable and patient when explaining the exact surgical plan & post-op care. One foot is almost a year post-op & the other about 3 months and both feel AMAZING. The surgical scars are tiny and more importantly I am no longer in pain and actually healed quicker than expected. 10/10 would recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Backus. the quality of care was exceptional, he is extremely knowledgeable, caring, proffesional and down to earth. I came to him with a very serious ankle injury, and was in his care throughout surgery and for post op visits as well. I never questioned that the quality of care was top notch.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
I'm 42 and tore my tibio fibular ligament skiing. I was unaware of the degree of my injury but the swelling was a concern so I made an appointment with Dr. Backus. Upon exam he diagnosed the tear. Dr. Backus was great throughout the process. I felt like he gave me advice as if we were friends and he certainly had my best interest in mind. The surgery went great and now I have no pain stiffness or discomfort in any way. Not even swelling! I'm honestly amazed and thankful it ended so well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
Dr. Backus is an outstanding surgeon. He has a wonderful bedside manner and really takes interest in the patient and their recovery. My daughter was treated by him as a college athlete and he provided the very best treatment possible to her to help her return to the field. We felt very comfortable with the entire process because of Dr. Backus and his team. We felt very fortunate that we found Dr. Backus and would highly recommend him. Outstanding surgeon and physician-one in a million!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
I injured my foot this past season and was lucky enough to come across Dr. Backus. He went through the whole process with me (I had two surgeries with him.) I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Backus, he explained everything about my injury as well as the plan to fix my foot without any confusion. He was easy to contact throughout the whole process, and it was clear the passion he has for his work. I felt completely safe going into surgery with him and wouldn't have wanted anyone else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
Dr. Backus, assistant Hillery Magness and Cornerstone Wheatridge Physical Therapist Elena were nothing short of perfect! After fibula surgery necessary from a horse kick (a plate and 8 screws), I knew that I had found what I wanted in a surgeon, assistant and therapist... assertive, sports medicine-oriented rehab for the quickest, most thorough recovery possible. Two months later, I have no pain.... still a little swelling which is to be expected. Back in my yoga classes, riding my horse, etc.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
Dr. Backus installed two metal plates and 10 screws in my ankle. He was compassionate and patient when listening to my questions and concerns and he was honest and straightforward with his answers. I appreciate his surgical skill and human bedside manner - I was not just a number to him. The office staff was great and the physical therapy right next door was very convenient. Kudos to Dr. Backus and to Cornerstone Orthopedics & Sports Medicine. I highly recommend Dr. Backus!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
I saw Dr. Backus after breaking my ankle while ice skating. Unfortunately the ER doctor did not do a great job setting my break in the emergency room, so Dr. Backus and his team had to reset my ankle in his office. Dr. Backus made me comfortable and even got me to laughing through the procedure. He performed surgery a few days later and took the time to personally update my husband. My recovery has been remarkable and I was back to normal activity in record time. I would highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
From day one, to my final visit, Dr. Backus has been nothing short of extraordinary. He answered every question I had from the get go with confidence and honesty. I never once felt like I needed clarification, as he was alway concise. I can't tell you how much easier he made going through an Achilles rupture repair. Said injury occurred 10/4/16. Surgery on 10/10/16. Today is 4/6/17 and I've been fully cleared. < 6 months recovery. That speaks for itself. Dr. Backus and staff are a bonus.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?
My dad broke his ankle right a few days before Christmas and Dr Backus got him in right away to be seen. Surgery, unfortunately, was delayed for a couple weeks by the holidays but he got him scheduled as soon after the New Year as possible. Surgery went well and Dr Backus and his team communicated with us the entire time. While he had a few bumps during his recovery, Dr Backus took it slow and took his activity level prior to the injury into consideration. He is now up and about doing well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jonathon Backus, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Backus?

Dr. Backus prides himself on being a surgeon who listens intently to his patients. His philosophy is that no two patients and no two injuries are exactly alike, and personalized care is critical for the best possible recovery. He takes great pride in...

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery

2010
2005
2004

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Backus treats patients.

Barnes Jewish Hospital